• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

If Froakie's evo was Water/Flying, he'd be really weak to electric.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
If they make Fennekin a firefighter i'm going to punch every GF employee in thier faces.Seriously.

That's kind of mean! :( Chances are it won't be happening but even if it does, then you shouldn't think of doing something like that - they're the reason you have the upcoming games anyway. :3

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
That's kind of mean! :( Chances are it won't be happening but even if it does, then you shouldn't think of doing something like that - they're the reason you have the upcoming games anyway. :3

I think doesn't mean it literally. I think he's just saying he's tired of Fire/Fighting starters. Casue I know I am. 3 is enough so I hope Fennekin and it's evolutions are Fire/Ghost or Fire/Psychic.

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2014

Its a figure of speech and if i actually did that i'd probably go to jail.And Tepig didn't look like it would be a part fighting type either so GF might pull another fast one on us and make it another firefighter but hopefully not.

blue

gucci
Years
Ooh this discussion again, I can't see them doing it for a fourth consecutive starter so I'm confident they will do something else.

blue

gucci
Years
Welp, Froakie is Water/Ice to me now.

e4Wy6.jpg

Maybe so but there are many Water type Pokemon, including starters that can use Ice types moves but I'm hoping you're right!

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
That would make Froakie the first starter with a super effective STAB vs the 2 other starters wouldn't it? Poor Chespin! I kinda hope Froakie isn't part Ice. :s

The first one was Turtwig, which evolved into Ground-type Pokémon. Grass/Ground hits both Water and Fire super-effectively. Although Piplup later evolved into a type which was neutral to grass (Water/Steel).

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
Just a small thing: the official English trailer just calls the games "Pokemon X" and "Pokemon Y," not "X Version" and "Y Version." I don't think it means anything, but I think it's great that they're actually keeping the Japanese names--Japan has never used the word "Version" in their titles, they'd just be Pokemon Red and Pokemon Green, for example.

I just think it's a nice small detail.

The first one was Turtwig, which evolved into Ground-type Pokémon. Grass/Ground hits both Water and Fire super-effectively. Although Piplup later evolved into a type which was neutral to grass (Water/Steel).
His Steel-Type gave him weaknesses to both Ground (Torterra) and Fighting (Infernape), though.

In the end, I don't think the secondary-types' weaknesses matter as much as the primary types'. I just...really don't want another Fire/Fighting starter...

blue

gucci
Years
The Sinnoh Starter evolution line became unbalanced when their secondary types became introduced so I'm sure they wouldn't make that same mistake again.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
I always remember when I had Empoleon and it's secondary Steel-type had an advantage over so many things, while the other two starters Infernape and Torterra with their final evolution had their secondary types of Fighting and the other had Ground. Pretty much like what Suicune said.

But when I think about the Generation II starters... they were much more balanced due to only having a primary type, which was the same type as when gotten at the start of the game. Grass, Fire and Water.

Let's hope the same thing happens again in Pokémon X and Y from what happened in Generation II (Gold/Silver/Crystal).

blue

gucci
Years
They have to be careful when choosing the secondary typing so something like Fire/Psychic, Water/Fighting & Grass/Dark would be kinda balanced.

pokemonmasteraaron

The blind Pokémon Master!
Years
What about gym typing?
Does anybody hope there will be a Dark type gym finally?
I would like the gym order to go something like this
Flying
Normal
Poison
Fire
Dark
Rock
Steel
multitype or dragon or ice or any type really
Edit: New information! the jp. names of yveltal and xerneas are revieled to be the same in japan as here. Also the height and weiht of the legendaries is revieled.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back