• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Opinions

Do you like the going's on?

• I love it! It is a fresh start!

Votes: 94 70.7%
  • Yeah, I like it, it's cool.

Votes: 25 18.8%
  • Umm... yeah, it's fine.

Votes: 6 4.5%
  • 2D was for better then THIS!

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Somebody bring me a vomit bag!

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • You are murdering POKEMON!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Nakala Pri

Thanks for all the replies, y'all. It's been really good hearing your opinions. I like to know what all you guys are thinking about X/Y, so just, thanks! :3

Years
  • Before the first trailers I wasn't into pokemon for few years, by coincidence i got to see the first trailer.
    Since than everything i saw and found out about the games made me more into it and right now i'm super excited-from the new graphics, the new pokemons, the new type, the mega evos!
    since gen 1 I never have been so excited for pokemon

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I'm incredibly excited about these games, and I love what they're doing with them. I like the transition from 2D graphics to 3D, I like the characters, I like the new Pokémon, I like the new horde and sky battle system, I like the Mega Evolution system... I like everything about them! They're bringing Pokémon into an entirely new dimension. Pokémon X and Y will be the greatest games they've ever made, in my opinion.

Also, isn't Bunnelby the cutest Pokémon you've ever seen? Haha. =)

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
    Years
  • You gotta love all the sheeple mindlessly agreeing with everything GF does. I remember these mindless walls of praise back when Generations 4 and 5 were being released, and how are those generations thought of now? They're thought of, generally, as the worst.

Between the "KAWAII DESU UGUU NE" sparkly pink Fairy Pokemon and the Digivolutions Mega Evolutions, this looks to be shaping up to be worse than Generation 5, if such is even possible.

At least we get a cool pseudo-legend that looks like a huge bat...

...that probably evolves at level 70.

Jumpleet

Rise Above The Rest
    Years
  • You gotta love all the sheeple mindlessly agreeing with everything GF does. I remember these mindless walls of praise back when Generations 4 and 5 were being released, and how are those generations thought of now? They're thought of, generally, as the worst.

Between the "KAWAII DESU UGUU NE" sparkly pink Fairy Pokemon and the Digivolutions Mega Evolutions, this looks to be shaping up to be worse than Generation 5, if such is even possible.

Wait a minute.

While Gen. 4 isn't the best generation in my opinion, Gen. 5 was great. I don't know anyone besides genwunners who say that Gen. 5 was bad. Even Gen. 4 has more than a few people who love it. Calling anyone who loves X and Y sheeple is unfair, considering we don't know much about Fairies and next to nothing about Mega Evolutions. X and Y are going to change things, and maybe the people who love Red and Blue are going to hate it, but they hated Gens 3, 4, and 5 for the same reason.

Nakala Pri

You gotta love all the sheeple mindlessly agreeing with everything GF does. I remember these mindless walls of praise back when Generations 4 and 5 were being released, and how are those generations thought of now? They're thought of, generally, as the worst.

Whoa, slow down. You must obviously hate Gen. 5, yet your name is Elygem and you have the just mentioned Pokemon as your signature? Well, X/Y not may be everyone's cup of tea, but you gotta give it a chance. It might just become your fave game one day. xD

Years

Right, and a perfect 40/40 Famitsu score, an average 87/100 score (70 was the lowest) from 63 major video game critics, and high user reviews across the board indicate a HIGHLY POSITIVE reception of the game. Where are you getting the idea that "they're thought of, generally worse"???? In the entertainment industry, user receptions, critics' reception, and sales are indicative of the success or entertainment value of a product. Gen 5 in particular was a HUGE success. Honestly, it will be difficult for GF to even match the high reception that Pokemon Black and White received.

Of course, some disagree, but a vast majority of the fanbase/consumers and video game critics determine a game's value. Though you are entitled to your opinion, it is in the minuscule minority, even among experts in the field, evidence supports that Black and White was a hit and excellent installment to the series. Your opinion that the consumers and critics are mindless in this praise is irrelevant, since a critique accesses the entertainment value of a game. If a player enjoyed the game, they don't need to think about it, they just have a positive reception of a game; in this sense, sure, it might be mindless since a player doesn't need to analyze whether or not a game is fun by breaking down the different features, one can tell if they are enjoying a game. If a critic gives a high score, they are anticipating that the game has features of which consumers will be entertained by, and given the extensive breakdowns and reviews of the new installment of the series, these critical review were not being mindless. Further, they correctly anticipated the consumers' positive reception of these game features. Stating your opinion as a fact doesn't go far when considering everything aforementioned.

blue

gucci
    Years

But that's just your opinion, there's no proof that you can say Generations 4 & 5 are considered the worst can you? This is just gathered from a few minority of peoples opinions, the sales figures and reviews of professional gamers speak for themselves. If the most recent generations are considered the worst then why have Diamond, Pearl & Platinum shifted over 20 Million copies worldwide and Black & White combined with Black 2 & White 2 sold over 22 Million copies Worldwide?

You're entitled to your own opinion obviously and not everybody agrees with Game Freaks newest concepts, but the majority of players do because they enjoy having new features implemented into the games, not because they are as you say "mindlessly agreeing with Game Freak". I wouldn't go as far as saying they're getting worse, Diamond, Pearl & Platinum combined have outsold Gold & Silver which are considered the pinnacle of all Pokémon games...

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2013
    I don't understand why so many people hate generation 5? I personally loved it, and I think black/white and black/white 2 are my favorite of the series. I loved that the game actually had a semblance of a story. I loved the pokemon in the game, and there were just so many pokemon to catch and things to do after beating the elite 4. So why do so many hate generation 5?

*Icecold*

Bow down to Queen Meowstic
    Years

What are you talking about!? Real Pokemon fans are supposed to mindlessly lap up anything Game Freak thinks up without creating their own opinions on it!

Haha just kidding. I actually adore Generation 4, but Generation 5 is pretty awful in my opinion.

Yeah, not just genwunners dislike these stupid games! I hate Black and White and I don't like Generation 1 either! You know why?

The games are obviously meant for little kids! The evil organization is hard to take seriously, Reshiram and Zekrom have little to no purpose other than to "side with the heroes", the characters are lame, the gym leaders are easy, the Pokemon although good look like they are designed by preschoolers, the game centers around Team Plasma and not around being champion, the story is written awfully and during pre-game they drown you in dialouge!

Black 2 and White 2 are big improvements, but still it pretty lame compared to masterpeices like Firered/Leafgreen and Platinum.

For the people who say only Gen 1 lovers hate this generation, you're obviously wrong. Generation 6 is either going to be a let down or a huge improvement for the Pokemon franchise. Either way, people are going to kiss up to Game Freak whatever they do so who even cares, right?

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
    Years
  • Yes, I am aware that the majority of people ON THIS FORUM like the games. I've always noticed that this forum in particular has a larger population of those who just accept anything GF gives us than most of the other Pokemon forums out there. This is the forum where everyone who doesn't like the newest generation is automatically branded a "Genwunner" (Even if said person likes Generations II and III the most...).

And as for my username and signature, while I don't like Generation V as a whole, I like the Elgyem line because they're the first 'proper' Alien Pokemon and have good designs. Yeah, I know Clefairy could count, but it doesn't look too alien to me. You don't have to love a generation to like a few Pokemon from it. Same way I don't really like Generation IV, but at the same time I think it gave us some of the best Flying types there are.

I swear, if GF gave us an always-online DRM-infested MMO for a game, everyone on this forum would be kissing up to it saying how "promising" it looked.

*Icecold*

Bow down to Queen Meowstic
    Years
  • Yes, I am aware that the majority of people ON THIS FORUM like the games. I've always noticed that this forum in particular has a larger population of those who just accept anything GF gives us than most of the other Pokemon forums out there. This is the forum where everyone who doesn't like the newest generation is automatically branded a "Genwunner" (Even if said person likes Generations II and III the most...).

And as for my username and signature, while I don't like Generation V as a whole, I like the Elgyem line because they're the first 'proper' Alien Pokemon and have good designs. Yeah, I know Clefairy could count, but it doesn't look too alien to me. You don't have to love a generation to like a few Pokemon from it. Same way I don't really like Generation IV, but at the same time I think it gave us some of the best Flying types there are.

I swear, if GF gave us an always-online DRM-infested MMO for a game, everyone on this forum would be kissing up to it saying how "promising" it looked.

Why didn't I get that warning before I joined? Jeez. And yesm Elgyem is the first alien-like Pokemon who looks like a proper alien. I'll agree with you on that, definitly. Clefairy comes from the moon and that's basically it... X:

And of course, people will kiss up to anything. Not even on this forum, but on YouTube, DeviantArt... the forum that must not be named that I originally came from... (You're referring to another Dream World, correct? Or just the "Pokemon Rainbow Version" MMO that everyone is literally bawling over, where you can catch every Pokemon in every region and it's on the computer and stuff?"

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
    Years
  • I generally like what I see of the new generation so far, but as of now my mind is not made up yet, the only strong feeling towards the next Gen I have is anticipation :) . As I've said in another thread, I like when the series tries new things, and with all the features announced, it sure looks like it, but before attacking or defending what the new Gen has in store, I'd rather wait until I've played the games and experienced everything for myself.

I remain optimistic, yet a little cautious :) .

*thinks of Diablo III* *shudders*

Nakala Pri

I generally like what I see of the new generation so far, but as of now my mind is not made up yet, the only strong feeling towards the next Gen I have is anticipation :) . As I've said in another thread, I like when the series tries new things, and with all the features announced, it sure looks like it, but before attacking or defending what the new Gen has in store, I'd rather wait until I've played the games and experienced everything for myself.

I remain optimistic, yet a little cautious :) .

*thinks of Diablo III* *shudders*

Hmm... yeah, there are some things I'm not so sure of, such as the resolution for the fact that in the images some things may make your eyes bleed, but everything besides that is great. :D

Last edited:

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    What are you talking about!? Real Pokemon fans are supposed to mindlessly lap up anything Game Freak thinks up without creating their own opinions on it!

Haha just kidding. I actually adore Generation 4, but Generation 5 is pretty awful in my opinion.

Yeah, not just genwunners dislike these stupid games! I hate Black and White and I don't like Generation 1 either! You know why?

The games are obviously meant for little kids! The evil organization is hard to take seriously, Reshiram and Zekrom have little to no purpose other than to "side with the heroes", the characters are lame, the gym leaders are easy, the Pokemon although good look like they are designed by preschoolers, the game centers around Team Plasma and not around being champion, the story is written awfully and during pre-game they drown you in dialouge!

Black 2 and White 2 are big improvements, but still it pretty lame compared to masterpeices like Firered/Leafgreen and Platinum.

For the people who say only Gen 1 lovers hate this generation, you're obviously wrong. Generation 6 is either going to be a let down or a huge improvement for the Pokemon franchise. Either way, people are going to kiss up to Game Freak whatever they do so who even cares, right?

Oh man I thought we finally had someone who was a fan that had different views that could inspire a great debate. But i guess I was wrong your actually just a troll lol it make sense now lol
    I'm surprise nobody's called you out on that yet.

Now I'm only saying this because of your post . I can almost understand you disliking gen 5( I don't understand the reason for it but I could understand you actually feel that way)
    And already not like gen 5 I can see how you would call platinum a masterpiece , I gots love for the game. But for someone to call fire red a masterpiece while disliking generation 1 I'm calling it troolllllllll.

I mean I understand that its possible for someone to really feel that way( no I don't ) I don't believe you. I think your just purposely writing nonsense to stir people up.

I'm not bashing your opinion but I just believe your trolling.

But what I say/think/feel really doesn't matter does it? I mean I'm just some guy on a forum and we don't know each other. And you can say whatever you want and I have no right to say anything about it. And I'm probably coming off as someone who goes with the grain and loves everything GameFreak puts out. Well with that said I calling it like I see it you's a troll.

Now do I like everything GameFreak puts out in pokemon? Well I guess I can say yes. I mean I trust the people who made what I loved last year to make what I love next year. I think GameFreak is more qualified to make a good pokemon game then the fandom . I mean we are going into the 6th generation and still going strong.

Now their are some people who doesn't like gen 6( can't you at least wait till it out?) but they have pretty good actual reasons, legit reasons .

But I think the opinions on xy will change for the better once its released

TreeKangaroo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Years

Couple of things:
    We don't know if noivern is the psuedo legend.
    Mega evos are temporarily in battle, not forever. I'm pretty sure digimon's mega evos are forever.(I never watched/played digimon but I'm assuming thins)

Last edited:

Nakala Pri

Thank you all for posting so much! Very grateful, I hope you keep posting so I'll be finally reaching 100 posts on a thread! C:

Years
  • i take it as a most welcome step up of the franchise. this is what they need to keep thinking on, to get it as close to what brought us all from the start, the series (and again, only less idiotic!).

Savant

Natural Born Breeder
    Years
  • Couple of things:
    We don't know if noivern is the psuedo legend.
    Mega evos are temporarily in battle, not forever. I'm pretty sure digimon's mega evos are forever.(I never watched/played digimon but I'm assuming thins)

Digimon generally tend to use their upgraded forms temporarily. Some can stay in the Champion, Ultimate and Mega forms permanently but usually if they're partnered with a Tamer they remain in the Rookie form (which is like a first stage).

I'm very excited for the games. Still not that hyped on Fairy type because imo Fairy isn't something that requires an entirely new type. I would've preferred a light type or something but Fairy is what I got and I can live with it. I mean Xerneas just looks like a regal boss.

As for the Mega Evolutions I wasn't too keen on them in the beginning either. But they were revealed to be temporary I thought 'Oh ok, then it's not too bad. It's just like shifting forms then. Like Rotom raiding my kitchen or Keldeo going to a renaissance fair". I actually think it's a good way of progressing the Pokemon without giving them permanent evolutions.

For example, I don't think Dunsparce can evolve. Because of what it's based off of, an evolution would make it like another Magikarp or Feebas (ie. something small going to something OP). Instead a Mega Evolution suits Dunsparce perfectly. A temporary powered up form that it can use occasionally. So I'm really hoping Dunsparce gets a ME. It's about time old friend.

Ayselipera

I like to think and I REALLY hope that this generation is a fresh take on Pokemon. I mean just game play wise it seems really updated and interactive which is great. I think it's fun to view your Pokemon as your own virtual pets or whatever so the better you're able to interact with them or the more lively they seem the better.

Also so far the designs have been decent. Last generation seemed overdone or even forced... so far the designs for the newer Pokemon are pretty good imo. I think adding a new type adds a lot more variety to the designs we've been seeing and I think it will be fun using past Pokemon with their new fairy typing.

Only other major point I can think of at the moment are mega evolutions. Which seem okay to me. Since they only can change in battle it's more like another form than an evolution. My only disappointment was in Mawile. It's one of my favorite Pokemon and I was really hoping it would get a real evolution that stays all the time. Not that its mega evolution isn't really cool, but still. :(

Back