• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Opinions

Do you like the going's on?

• I love it! It is a fresh start!

Votes: 94 70.7%
  • Yeah, I like it, it's cool.

Votes: 25 18.8%
  • Umm... yeah, it's fine.

Votes: 6 4.5%
  • 2D was for better then THIS!

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Somebody bring me a vomit bag!

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • You are murdering POKEMON!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Nakala Pri

Yeah, Mawile was fine just as he was, but Mega DID make Blaziken look actually bearable. So can't hold many grudges, eh? xD

Years
    • Seen Oct 15, 2013
    I like how Pokemon is taking big risks with this game, instead fo playing safe like they usually do. I like almost everything so far. All Pokemon that I've seen so far from this generation, except Svyleon, are looking very neat. The Fairy type Eeveelution doesnt even have the Eevee touch to it, its just crap to me and I plan on ignoring its existence. Xerneas and Yveltal have pretty solid designs, I find the flying type better, though. Helioptile and the Poison sea horse Pokemon are the ones I expect most from at this point.

I'v only one problem with the Mega Evolutions. I like the concept, but I dont like one bit how they are ruining potential proper evolutions in the form of Mega Evolutions, and I don't like what they did to Blaziken. They're murdering my second favorite starter of all time which happened to be in my most favorite region of all time. Don't do it, nintendo, don't do it! Anyway, I feel that the designs for Absol's mega evolution and Mawile's mega evolution were pretty awesome. However, I think tehy would have been much better to the respective Pokemon as proper evolutions, seeing as they could both use an evolution. I cant say the same about Lucario. While the design is awesome, Lucario is a pretty solid Pokemon on its own and giving it an evolution would make it very overpowered, that would be unnecessary. Same thing goes to Mewtwo.

Thanks for reading, I hope you found me reasonable.

Years
  • Seconded. The wait for these games is becoming too tedious, I wanna play them so much! ;;

This is how much I can't wait. I've had a countdown on my desktop ever since it was announced! It has finally got down to the 40s. It's greuling to have there if I'm honest! :P

X/Y Opinions

Years
  • Seconded. The wait for these games is becoming too tedious, I wanna play them so much! ;;

Same with me, I've never been as excited for a Pokemon game since Black & White I think. I love checking Tumblr every day so I can find some more juicy X & Y stuff to post, I even wanted to dream I was playing the games right now!

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Same with me, I've never been as excited for a Pokemon game since Black & White I think. I love checking Tumblr every day so I can find some more juicy X & Y stuff to post, I even wanted to dream I was playing the games right now!

The last time I was this excited for new upcoming Pokémon games was either before the release of HGSS or Diamond & Pearl. It's like with every new screenshots these games are looking better and better as the weeks go on.

Nakala Pri

One thing I will miss is the 2D, though. I'm kinda hoping they won't continue to make completely 3D games, keep the good 'ol fashioned graphics runnin' through. ^^

blue

gucci
    Years
  • One thing I will miss is the 2D, though. I'm kinda hoping they won't continue to make completely 3D games, keep the good 'ol fashioned graphics runnin' through. ^^

I agree, I will miss those 2D graphics and I was kinda hoping for RS remakes in the style of HGSS/BW Graphics
    X/Y Opinions

But ah well, things move on and I'm already practically setelled with the new 3D graphics, they look beautiful.

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    One thing I will miss is the 2D, though. I'm kinda hoping they won't continue to make completely 3D games, keep the good 'ol fashioned graphics runnin' through. ^^

I used to be like that, I was a little upset because I loved the over world style in gen 4/5
    But after seeing game play ill give it a chance
    But their is no way I'd go back to the 2d battle scenes . If you watch the double battle demo you'll agree the battles looks better

Nakala Pri

Yeah, the battles do look awesome. :P I just want to keep 2D running through the veins of Pokemon, you know? :P

Years
  • Things come and go, I guess.. and 2D is one of those things going. I can't wait for 3D, though, because I'm all for change, and I really liked how close to the fact 3D was being portrayed in the 5th generation with Castelia City. Just good to see now though that it's coming true for the entire game and not just one area within the game!

Years
  • Things come and go, I guess.. and 2D is one of those things going. I can't wait for 3D, though, because I'm all for change, and I really liked how close to the fact 3D was being portrayed in the 5th generation with Castelia City. Just good to see now though that it's coming true for the entire game and not just one area within the game!

I agree with him, the 3D graphics are going to be one of the biggest changes in the history of the games, and the awesome 3D rendering of Castelia City in 5th Gen was showing us a sign of what was to come, since that generation was like blending 2D and 3D at once (even 4th Gen to a lesser extent showed this) and while the full 3D will take time to get used to, the games will look even more realistic now as far as the environment is concerned.

THZskillz

The Highest Zero
    Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2013
    In all honesty I think the 3D thing is a pretty good change to the pokemon series, playing Pokemon Black version and going through the cities with the upgraded graphics was one of the reasons I enjoyed the 5 gen

Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2023
    I've been looking forward to a 3D Pokemon RPG main game since the Gamecube was released. Needless to say, I'm freakin excited!

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    I agree, I will miss those 2D graphics and I was kinda hoping for RS remakes in the style of HGSS/BW Graphics
    NO

R/S/E is perfect in the visuals department. (Maybe the lack of detail could be addressed.) And the fact the 3rd gen games already aged better than the DS games means there's no reason to give it a remake that is similar to those. Not to mention 60fps. Take those away, and you make R/S/E boring and sluggish. R/S/E are the last games that need remakes.

Either way, I'm liking everything about X/Y so far except for some very big complaint but I'm sure everyone here is already sick of me talking about it and I don't want to ruin the parade. lol

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Ya know on the topic of graphics. I'm wondering why the porygon (I mean Polygon) count seems low...considering the time they spent on the games (GF had the 3D kit before BW came out) one would think the models would look less jagged...of course the trailer footage isn't final...

Nakala Pri

They might have some time to edit the graphics, who knows? All we can do is wait! ^^

blue

gucci
    Years
  • They might have some time to edit the graphics, who knows? All we can do is wait! ^^

Well in January the graphics were a little rough around the edges, now that were in August and seeing the latest screenshots and videos you can see the graphical improvement which is quite noticeable tbh. They've done a good job on tidying up the graphics and making them sleeker and cleaner, hopefully the final outcome will be just right.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    I'm happy they are implementing 3D graphics and I think the in-battle 3D is very good. Outside of battle and the graphics seem to pale in comparison to most 3DS games. I don't see this gen aging very well for some reason.

Then again, graphics are the least important part of any game from my perspective, so as long as the gameplay has enough advancements rather than the lack of innovation Gen 5 was blighted by, the games will still be enjoyable at the very least.

Last edited:
    Back