• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A (Read First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

XpokeX

I'm a ninja and im..... gone
    Years
    • Seen May 8, 2023
    I know I've asked several questions about this already, but where could I find someone who has a Ditto with 31/31/31/31/31/31 I.V's, and if I did would they want some sort of rare/legendary Pokémon for it?

Try the general quick trade thread mate :) lots of peeps are kind enough to clone theirs and give it to you for free,but some might ask for maybe a legendary perhaps

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Is there ANY way to transfer an item from one game to the other using only 1 3DS? I have an Everstone in Y that I need to get to X but I only have the 1 3DS. This very situation is why I hate Pokebank's limitation of not being able to store items too. I even gave myself a legendary in X from my Pokebank and the thought was posting a Vivillon on my Y asking for that legendary (because I was able to trade in this fashion months ago when the game first came out) however when I tried it just now, my X game cannot find my Y character at all. Is there some way of trading items between games I'm not seeing, because I can't even trade with myself anymore (I am wondering if it's because now both games are affiliated with the same pokebank account)

XpokeX

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2023
    Is there ANY way to transfer an item from one game to the other using only 1 3DS? I have an Everstone in Y that I need to get to X but I only have the 1 3DS. This very situation is why I hate Pokebank's limitation of not being able to store items too. I even gave myself a legendary in X from my Pokebank and the thought was posting a Vivillon on my Y asking for that legendary (because I was able to trade in this fashion months ago when the game first came out) however when I tried it just now, my X game cannot find my Y character at all. Is there some way of trading items between games I'm not seeing, because I can't even trade with myself anymore (I am wondering if it's because now both games are affiliated with the same pokebank account)

As for now,I don't think so,don't you have friends that play pokemon x and y as well? And btw everstone are a 50 chance held item of roggenrolas in relflection cave if you didn't know ^~^

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    As for now,I don't think so,don't you have friends that play pokemon x and y as well? And btw everstone are a 50 chance held item of roggenrolas in relflection cave if you didn't know ^~^

I do but with swapnote gone there's no way to communicate with any of them to tell them that's what I want to do, and the one person I can communicate with isn't awake right now. In x I only just got to the daycare and want to breed a scatterbug right now (since my x game has the pattern I want and my y game doesn't, so I don't want to wait for days and days to get to a point in the game where I can find something I have waiting for me in my other game right now, you know?

XpokeX

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2023
    I do but with swapnote gone there's no way to communicate with any of them to tell them that's what I want to do, and the one person I can communicate with isn't awake right now. In x I only just got to the daycare and want to breed a scatterbug right now (since my x game has the pattern I want and my y game doesn't, so I don't want to wait for days and days to get to a point in the game where I can find something I have waiting for me in my other game right now, you know?

Oh right,sorry i didnt know you weren't to that point yet :/ but as I said i don't think theres ways on doing that jussssttt yet.but I could be wrong :) and I could always help you out i guess?trade me the everstone from your other game then il trade it to your other other game? Did that sound confusing,I hope not (:

Mithel_Celestia

Alluring Illusion
    Years
    Im unsure about this though. Did anyone pay a tax when purchasing the Pokebank use pass? I was at my E-shop a couple of times and I noticed my balance has dropped below $5 from my initial $10. I only used my balance to purchase a pass and by checking my history now I found that I payed an extra $0.35? as tax. I am not from the US but I did set my Zip Code on New York.

Whitney's Shaymin

Creator Of Pokemon Grace
    Years

Why not put a pokemon with the everstone on the gts and trade for it on your other game?

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014
    Why not put a pokemon with the everstone on the gts and trade for it on your other game?
    You should do it the other way: Upload a junk mon from the cart you want to receive the item and ask for something people won't immediately jump on, then trade the stone over. That way you don't risk that someone might cut you off (some desperate people really sent me a Xerneas for a Meowth).

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017

like I said, for some reason I can't find myself in this manner. I know it was possible once upon a time because I traded with myself this way before, however I gave myself a Regirock in my X game from Pokebank and then in Y put a Vivillon holding the Everstone on the GTS and asking for a Regirock at the correct level of the one in X. So In X I went on the GTS looking for a Vivillon and then selecting "Pokemon you have" so it would only show Vivillons that want pokemon I have in exchange (in this case, REgirock) and I never showed up. At all. I am presuming that maybe since both games interacted with Pokebanke (and therefore on the Nintendo Servers shows that both games are associated with the same Nintendo Network ID) I can no longer trade with myself since they are both from the same user.

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    Yet another question from me about getting the perfect Sylveon. So after several Eevee eggs (at least twenty I think) I found the perfect Eevee for being a Sylveon. It has flawless I.V's in everything but Attack (which I don't find important), and it's female (the perfect gender for a Sylveon).

However, I made one bad mistake: I forgot to give the Eevee who bred to create it an Everstone, and the perfect Eevee got the nature Gentle which boosts Special Defense and hinders Defense, something I do not want as I was going for Modest nature.

I'm trying to decide whether to use this Eevee or continue the tedious task of continually breeding until I get a female Eevee with flawless I.V's on everything but Attack. Right now I'm thinking I should keep breeding, but I cannot decide and I really need help on whether this is really going to make my Sylveon that much less than perfect. Any suggestions?

Also, was this the right place to post this?

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014
    Yet another question from me about getting the perfect Sylveon. So after several Eevee eggs (at least twenty I think) I found the perfect Eevee for being a Sylveon. It has flawless I.V's in everything but Attack (which I don't find important), and it's female (the perfect gender for a Sylveon).

However, I made one bad mistake: I forgot to give the Eevee who bred to create it an Everstone, and the perfect Eevee got the nature Gentle which boosts Special Defense and hinders Defense, something I do not want as I was going for Modest nature.

I'm trying to decide whether to use this Eevee or continue the tedious task of continually breeding until I get a female Eevee with flawless I.V's on everything but Attack. Right now I'm thinking I should keep breeding, but I cannot decide and I really need help on whether this is really going to make my Sylveon that much less than perfect. Any suggestions?

Also, was this the right place to post this?
    No problem, this is the right place.

You probably want to continue breeding. At such a low defense every point counts. For example, Scizor's Bullet Punch is an improbable OHKO after SR for a 252/0 Sylveon but an almost guaranteed OHKO after SR for a 252/-0 Sylveon.
    Bold, Calm or Modest is the way to go. Do not forget that a male Sylveon has other qualities: Cute Charm allows you to find a lot of rare female Pokemon like Riolu or female starters in the Friend Safari.

Shrew

is a Shrew
    Years
    Sites like serebii and bulbapedia will say that a certain pokemon is common, uncommon, or rare in its route. Has anyone attempted trying to figure out what each % associated with the rarities are? An example of what I'm looking for, I was able to find a experiment someone did to figure out HA %'s in hordes.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Im unsure about this though. Did anyone pay a tax when purchasing the Pokebank use pass? I was at my E-shop a couple of times and I noticed my balance has dropped below $5 from my initial $10. I only used my balance to purchase a pass and by checking my history now I found that I payed an extra $0.35? as tax. I am not from the US but I did set my Zip Code on New York.

Yeah, I had to pay a bit of tax when I bought a pass for PokeBank. It's kinda annoying, since I'm now just a few dimes short of the money needed for another PokeBank subscription.

@people above me: Why use GTS to trade with yourself? That sounds like a risky and convuluted way to trade with yourself (have to dig through all those trades and risk having someone beat you to it and steal your stuff).

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    @people above me: Why use GTS to trade with yourself? That sounds like a risky and convuluted way to trade with yourself (have to dig through all those trades and risk having someone beat you to it and steal your stuff).

Well how else do you get a hold item from one game to the other if you have X and Y but you only have 1 3DS and no real person to trade with? If you have a better way of doing it PLEASE tell us because a HUGE drawback to poke bank is that you can't move items between games (otherwise you could simply use pokebank to transfer just the pokemon back and forth) so if you don't have another person to trade with or a second 3DS/2DS I have no idea how to move items between games.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Well how else do you get a hold item from one game to the other if you have X and Y but you only have 1 3DS and no real person to trade with? If you have a better way of doing it PLEASE tell us because a HUGE drawback to poke bank is that you can't move items between games (otherwise you could simply use pokebank to transfer just the pokemon back and forth) so if you don't have another person to trade with or a second 3DS/2DS I have no idea how to move items between games.

I am aware you can't use the Bank to transfer items (which is an annoying move on Game Freak's part, but I think there's something about the issue of item coding changing between games). I just figured you could trade someone the item(s) then have them trade it back to you. Plenty of people here on PC to do that with.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    I am aware you can't use the Bank to transfer items (which is an annoying move on Game Freak's part, but I think there's something about the issue of item coding changing between games). I just figured you could trade someone the item(s) then have them trade it back to you. Plenty of people here on PC to do that with.

Not everyone has access to people on Pokecommunity 24 hours a day, as in this example, I posted over 11 hours ago and only ONE person was available to trade with me, whereas the GTS is always available and only takes the time it takes to switch cartridges in order to trade the items.

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    Sites like serebii and bulbapedia will say that a certain pokemon is common, uncommon, or rare in its route. Has anyone attempted trying to figure out what each % associated with the rarities are? An example of what I'm looking for, I was able to find a experiment someone did to figure out HA %'s in hordes.

Although I have no links to back it up, from what I've seen around the internet I believe it's something along the lines of:

Common >50%
    Average 15-50%
    Rare 5-15%
    Very Rare 1-5%

Consider this a very rough guide. One thing's for sure though - there isn't a set % value for each rarity. It would be useful for someone to do some proper calculations; maybe I'll give it a shot when I have some spare time, although that won't be for a couple of months.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    For the (seemingly) 9 people that use the Pokemiles shop on the PGL website, why don't I have all the items?

So I just (JUST) linked my X game to my account in order to get some rare candies in order to level up Sactterbug in order to check their IVs so that I can breed a 5IV Vivillon with the pattern I want. I am now in the process of wonder trading to get poke miles, however, I just went onto the pokemiles shop to confirm how much Rare Candies are (so I know how many pokemiles to get 100 Rare Candies) and the shop ONLY shows the following items:
    Berry Juice
    Lemonade
    Moomoo Milk
    Full Heal
    Max Repel
    Hyper Potion
    Ether
    Max Potion
    Full Restore

THAT'S IT. No Rare Candies, No PP Ups, the list stops at Full Restore. Does anyone know why that is? I know it's not because of my number of badges (my X and Y games both only have 1 badge each, and both games I am at the same point in both games and my Y game I have the full store, but not in X.) does anyone know why this is? I just want ONE freaking vivillon with the correct pattern and IVs but it is turning out to be so much more difficult than breeding ANYTHING in my main game. Anyone know why Rare Candies are not showing up in the online store? Is there something I am supposed to do in game first? Thanks!

Bubble Head

Skateboarder
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2015
    I'm a little confused of this problem : If using a pokegen parents for breeding, will the bred one be affect in anyway ? I need them Apricorn Ball so much without starting my HG again

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
    I'm a little confused of this problem : If using a pokegen parents for breeding, will the bred one be affect in anyway ? I need them Apricorn Ball so much without starting my HG again

As long as the species can actually be found in the wild in HGSS, it doesn't affect the legitimacy of offspring in any way. Do note: Apricorn Pokémon cannot have hidden abilities.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back