• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A (Read First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    There are ranked battles online. I remember reading somewhere that they reset? I wanted to know if the reset per season, if there is one at all, erases your win/losses entirely, or if there's still a record of them somewhere.

Yeah, they reset at the start of each new season. You can find detailed information on the current season and past ones on Global Link: http://3ds.pokemon-gl.com/battle/

Troock

Whatever Forever
    Years
  • Best nature and EVs for Honedge?

Hey, I'm currently trying to hatch a good shiny Honedge, and I'd like to know what you guys think is the best nature for it, and for later the best EVs. For the nature, I'm trying to decide which is better: Adamant (+Atk-SpA) or Impish (+Def-SpA). And I'm thinking to EV train it to max in Attack and Defense and then put the remaining EVs in HP or Special Defense. What do you guys think?

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Personally I would go with Brave or Relaxed because not everything needs good speed (at highest evolution, Aegislash only has a 60 base speed, so there's no point in doing anything to benefit the speed) and even though it only learns a few special attacks, an added benefit to going with Brave or Relaxed is if you teach it Gyro Ball. IT gets STAB plus the slower the user is, the higher the attack power is. And you probably already know this, but just as a reminder, if you let it learn King's Shield whenever it uses it it will change to Shield form which reduces both attacks to 50 but increases both Defense to 150, whereas when you use an attack from Shield form, it changes to Sword form and then both attacks go to 150 while both defenses drop to 50. Just in case that affects your decision at all.

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    I would go a negative Speed IV with a bonus to whatever you want more. Then add a 0 Speed IV and you're perfect.

Troock

Whatever Forever
    Years
  • Thanks! I think I'll go for Brave then. Should I EV train Special Attack a bit then, just for the Gyro Ball?

Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2014
    Where is the logic in the way passerby's are introduced as you go online?
    It starts off by showing peoples heads as they pop up one by one, that's understandable. But the next bit confuses me...

The people just introduced get pushed away to the right in replacement of people who aren't even online, why does it do this? A glitch?

Brentane

Lucario Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2014
    When to evolve Doublade?

Simple question. When is the best time to evolve Doublade to Aegislash? Mine just evolved to Doublade at level 35, and I'm wondering if I will miss any important moves if I evolve it right away.

TheMarkCrafter

roses are red, violets are blue, i used to break r
    Years
  • At Lv. 51, Doublade will learn Sacred Sword, so that's some cool stuff.

I highly recommend you to evolve it to Aegislash at LV.51

You can evolve it via Dusk Stone
    Source: Bulbapedia

MawChomp

Average Trainer/Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2014
    Simple question. When is the best time to evolve Doublade to Aegislash? Mine just evolved to Doublade at level 35, and I'm wondering if I will miss any important moves if I evolve it right away.
    You can evolve it right away. Since Aegislash can learn all leveling moves (pass 35) of Doublade with the help of move relearner.

BigSteve

Pokemon Bright Gold
    Years
  • how do you get shiny legendaries?

<p>just wondered. I know for breedable Pokémon there's masuda, unlimited mons there is chain radar and fishing (don't know how these work yet?), but what about unbreedable Pokémon? </p><p> </p><p>how would I attempt to get say a shiny Mewtwo?</p>

BigSteve

Pokemon Bright Gold
    Years
  • bloody hell, you cant be serious?! People actually do that?

Masuda Method can take 1000 attempts and that's an increased chance, can't imagine how long it would take to get a shiny legendary.
    I'd be gutted to accidentally kill it too after 8000 resets!

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
    Years
  • Yeah, from what I know, you have to soft reset it over and over and over. Hey, it seems like a lot of work, but it pays off in the end if that's what you are really going for.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    bloody hell, you cant be serious?! People actually do that?

Masuda Method can take 1000 attempts and that's an increased chance, can't imagine how long it would take to get a shiny legendary.
    I'd be gutted to accidentally kill it too after 8000 resets!

If this is what you're afraid of, why not have a Pokémon on your team with False Swipe? With this move, it'll guarantee you that your foe never faints--regardless of how many times you hit them, they would survive with at least 1 HP.

Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2014
    Legendaries are banned as far as I know on the Ranked Battle Spot.
    So how on Earth did I end up fighting some with a team of:
    -Suikune
    -Robot Insect thing with a cannon, guy
    -Ugly flying psychic red dragon creature?!

How the hell do I stand a chance against this? Suikune swept my team with Scold, took no damage from Close Combat AND A THUNDERBOLT!!
    Did I encounter hacker? And YES, it was Ranked, I am 100% sure, please don't question that.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Legendaries are banned as far as I know on the Ranked Battle Spot.
    So how on Earth did I end up fighting some with a team of:
    -Suikune
    -Robot Insect thing with a cannon, guy
    -Ugly flying psychic red dragon creature?!

How the hell do I stand a chance against this? Suikune swept my team with Scold, took no damage from Close Combat AND A THUNDERBOLT!!
    Did I encounter hacker? And YES, it was Ranked, I am 100% sure, please don't question that.

Only certain legendaries are banned from Ranked Battles. The ones that are banned, iirc, are:
    Mewtwo, Mew, Lugia, Ho-oh, Celebi, Groudon, Kyorge, Rayquaza, Jirachi, Deoxys, Palkia, Dialga, Giratina, Shaymin, Darkrai, Arceus, Manaphy, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Victini, Genesect, Meloetta, Keldeo, Xerneas, Zygarde, and Yveltal.

Which means that these ones are not banned:
    The Kanto bird trio, the Johto beast trio, the Lati twins (without Soul Dew), all four Regis, Cresselia, Heatran, the Musketeers, and I think the Kami trio.

Btw, the robo-insect is Genesect, and I think the red flying psychic dragon thing is Latias.

Last edited:

BigSteve

Pokemon Bright Gold
    Years
  • I noticed that Lapras has a proper surfing sprite, I got excited and taught Blastoise to Surf expecting the same type of deal but its just a shadow Wailmer like previous games.
    Just wondered if anyone knew of any other cooler sprites like Lapras for surf? Like one for Fly and so on?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back