• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A (Read First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Death

The Pale Horseman
Years
  • I noticed that Lapras has a proper surfing sprite, I got excited and taught Blastoise to Surf expecting the same type of deal but its just a shadow Wailmer like previous games.
    Just wondered if anyone knew of any other cooler sprites like Lapras for surf? Like one for Fly and so on?

As far as I know, Lapras is the only exception in the overworld department.

Ars Arcanum

The North Remembers.
    Years
  • How do Power Items work?

It seems to me Power Items (Power Brace, Power Anklet, etc) don't work as advertised. I put on a Power Anklet to carry over a perfect Speed IV, reading that it's guaranteed to carry over. But so far, It's only carried over on 2 of the 10 eggs I've hatched so far...

So, is it not actually "guaranteed," or am I missing something?

Mimikyu402

Flareon Master
    Years
  • Is it possible to relearn BW2 tutor moves with heart scales in XY?

No pokemon can only relearn moves that theire current stage can learn via level up that they missed or had but got deleted from then they can never relearn earlier stage only moves, egg moves or move tutor or tm/hm moves

Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2014
    I can't find my Arodactyl fossil stone, anyone know what the problem is? I've been searching everywhere in the Glittering caves smashing cracked rocks and I found practically everyone but the one for Aerodactyl.

And does anyone have a list of all the fossil stones that can be found in the Glittering caves?

Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2014
    A list can be found at the bottom of this page.
    http://www.serebii.net/pokearth/kalos/glitteringcave.shtml

Ok, so the one that becomes Aerodactyl is the "Old Amber" stone, right? So the question remains, and this goes back to my original question, how come I can't find it? I've broken every cracked stone two times in a row! Do the stones just keep re-generating and whatever is inside of it is random or something?

Btw- Just for the record, I doubt this is a question that can be answered through serebii.net, plus it can be much more easily answered here. Mind you, serebii.net and other Pokemon sites are sites that I'm not too familiar with.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Ok, so the one that becomes Aerodactyl is the "Old Amber" stone, right? So the question remains, and this goes back to my original question, how come I can't find it? I've broken every cracked stone two times in a row! Do the stones just keep re-generating and whatever is inside of it is random or something?

Btw- Just for the record, I doubt this is a question that can be answered through serebii.net, plus it can be much more easily answered here. Mind you, serebii.net and other Pokemon sites are sites that I'm not too familiar with.
    The Rock Smash rocks regenerate when you leave the room and come back in. The items found within the rocks are randomly generated when you enter the room, even though you sometimes have a chance of encountering Dwebble or Onix. IMO, it's best to try for the Old Amber pre-Elite 4, since it's the only fossil you can get at that point besides one of the Jaw or Sail Fossils, which are gifts from a scientist.

And as for Serebii and other Pokemon sites, just take your time reading through what information they have to offer.

Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2014
    Can someone explain the specifics of breeding moves to a baby? I know it changed a little with X/Y, so now I'm confused about if the male needs the move, or the female, or both, to pass it on. I also know there are different categories (TM/HM moves, level up moves, Egg Moves) that each work differently.

Thanks.

MawChomp

Average Trainer/Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2014
    I'm confused about if the male needs the move, or the female, or both, to pass it on.

Based on my experience at least either of them must have the move/s in order to pass it down to the baby.

e.g Male Roselia can pass down leaf storm and sleep powder w/ a ditto same as when breeding one with a female roselia

arinceo

Eat, Sleep, Pokemon
    Years
  • It seems to me Power Items (Power Brace, Power Anklet, etc) don't work as advertised. I put on a Power Anklet to carry over a perfect Speed IV, reading that it's guaranteed to carry over. But so far, It's only carried over on 2 of the 10 eggs I've hatched so far...

What is your setup? Are you using a destiny knot plus power item or everstone with power item? Maybe you equipped the item to the wrong pokemon. I usually use the destiny knot when breeding for IV's though, so I'm not certain of the mechanics behind the IV passing.

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    It seems to me Power Items (Power Brace, Power Anklet, etc) don't work as advertised. I put on a Power Anklet to carry over a perfect Speed IV, reading that it's guaranteed to carry over. But so far, It's only carried over on 2 of the 10 eggs I've hatched so far...

That's odd. As far as I know, the Power Items should still work in X and Y. Although I haven't tried using them as I don't see the point with Destiny Knot around, unless you're making a Trick Room team. Are you sure you didn't accidentally give it a different Power Item? Or maybe the other Pokemon is holding something which conflicts with the Power Anklet?

Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2014
    Try slamming one of your other revived fossil Pokémon onto the GTS.
    someone might be in the same situation as you, yet have plenty of Aradactyl but not the one you are offering.

This is what I did when I couldn't find a Kabuto.

What do I breed Aipom with to get Fake Out?

What ability should Aipom have to get the ability that increases damage from move that do under 60 amage? Runaway or Pickup?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2014
    Why doesn't my Mountain region pokedex have a gold crown next to it? I have caught all 151 Pokemon. Does it have anything to do with the fact that one of them shows it's from a pokebank rather than directly from Kalos?

Ars Arcanum

The North Remembers.
    Years
  • Hi, I just have a few questions...

I'm in a total breeding slump. I'm trying to breed 2 Arcanines to get a 5IV Growlithe; Female have 4IVs in HP, Atk, Def, & Sp. Def, and the Male had 2IVs in Atk & Spe. I would use a better male, but I have NO other Growlithe/Arcanine or any other pokemon in his egg group with a Speed IV.

I have Destiny Knot, but it's only transferring 1 or 2 of the perfect IVs, and I never get the Speed stat...

My question is, how would you handle it to get that 5th Speed IV? I have a Power Anklet, but that would mean getting rid of the Destiny Knot...no that that it was much use.

What is your setup? Are you using a destiny knot plus power item or everstone with power item? Maybe you equipped the item to the wrong pokemon. I usually use the destiny knot when breeding for IV's though, so I'm not certain of the mechanics behind the IV passing.

I was using two Arcanines, a female with HP/Attack/Defense/Sp. Defense IVs, and a male with Attack/Speed IVs. I was using Destiny Knot and Power Anklet at the time I wrote that, but I learned that doesn't work and I changed the Knot to an Everstone, to see if the Anklet would work then...it still didn't :(

That's odd. As far as I know, the Power Items should still work in X and Y. Although I haven't tried using them as I don't see the point with Destiny Knot around, unless you're making a Trick Room team. Are you sure you didn't accidentally give it a different Power Item? Or maybe the other Pokemon is holding something which conflicts with the Power Anklet?

I know, but the Destiny Knot didn't treat me well. Most of the time it would transfer the imperfect IVs. Sometimes I'd get a few of the good ones, but not once did I get the Speed IV (I got the awful Defense IV from my male a million times though, of course...)

I'm probably just gonna scrap it and take one of the 4IV Growlithes I have. I did it all day yesterday and I'm tired of the hassle. I made so many eggs, I even hatched a shiny Growlithe! (terrible IVs though, of course...)

Last edited:
    Years
  • Why doesn't my Mountain region pokedex have a gold crown next to it? I have caught all 151 Pokemon. Does it have anything to do with the fact that one of them shows it's from a pokebank rather than directly from Kalos?

Yah, they would need to be caught or rebreed to have the Pentagon.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Hi, I just have a few questions...

I'm in a total breeding slump. I'm trying to breed 2 Arcanines to get a 5IV Growlithe; Female have 4IVs in HP, Atk, Def, & Sp. Def, and the Male had 2IVs in Atk & Spe. I would use a better male, but I have NO other Growlithe/Arcanine or any other pokemon in his egg group with a Speed IV.

I have Destiny Knot, but it's only transferring 1 or 2 of the perfect IVs, and I never get the Speed stat...

My question is, how would you handle it to get that 5th Speed IV? I have a Power Anklet, but that would mean getting rid of the Destiny Knot...no that that it was much use.

My advice is just persistence. As long as it has the 31 in Speed, you'll eventually get it passed down with the destiny not. And from there it should be easier to get a 5IV. If you get a male one with 3IVs or more, with the 31 in speed, use that as the father to increase your chances.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back