• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A (Read First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Either gender seems fine to me. I have a male Delphox and I didn't mind it.

However, just remember females are hard to get given it's got a 87.5% chance of being a dude.

Years
  • I think Delphox is a bit feminine. I got a female Fennekin when I started. I didn't know female were rare. :)

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Delphox isn't "wearing" a skirt, it's "wearing" a Wizard's Robe. The starters are a Knight (Chesnaught) Wizard (Delphox) and Ninja (Greninja)

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    There are 20 for the regular categories, but for the Super categories there isn't a limit. However, after 50 Super battles you fight the Battle Chatelaine, and if you beat her you get a statue to commemorate it. So I guess 50 is the number to aim for.

Okay, let's give this a go. There's an explanation of the process here: http://www.serebii.net/games/hidden-power.shtml

You can see in the above link that if the formula outputs 13, then the Hidden Power type is Ice.
    So we have to find all solutions of the equation
    Floor(15 * (HP + 2Att + 4Def + 8Spe + 16SpA + 32SpD)/ 63) = 13
    where HP takes values of 1 if the HP IV is odd and 0 if it is even, Att takes values of 1 if the Attack IV is odd and 0 if it is even, and so on.
    The floor function takes the integer part of a number, so we can also write this as
    13 < 15 * (HP + 2Att + 4Def + 8Spe + 16SpA + 32SpD)/ 63 < 14
    Multiply by 63/3 = 21:
    273 < 5HP + 10Att + 20Def + 40Spe + 80SpA + 160SpD < 294
    Note that 5HP + 10Att + 20Def + 40Spe + 80SpA + 160SpD is a multiple of 5, so all solutions are of the form
    5HP + 10Att + 20Def + 40Spe + 80SpA + 160SpD = 275 or 280 or 285 or 290
    Or, dividing by 5:
    HP + 2Att + 4Def + 8Spe + 16SpA + 32SpD = 55 or 56 or 57 or 58
    Note that, because the required total is so high, the variable SpD MUST be 1. Therefore the Pokemon must have odd Special Defense IVs. So we can remove that part of the equation by subtracting 32:
    HP + 2Att + 4Def + 8Spe + 16SpA = 23 or 24 or 25 or 26
    Again, we can see that it is impossible to achieve such a high total unless SpA = 1. Therefore the Pokemon must have odd Special Attack IVs, and we remove that part of the equation:
    HP + 2Att + 4Def + 8Spe = 7 or 8 or 9 or 10
    Now we can see that it IS possible to have Spe = 0, but only if HP = Att = Def = 1. And if Spe = 1, then the possibilities are HP = 1, Att = 0, Def = 0 or HP = 0, Att = 1, Def = 0 or HP = 0, Att = 0, Def = 0.
    We have therefore calculated all possibilities! Hooray! Let's summarise:

In order to achieve an Ice-type Hidden Power, the Pokemon's IVs must satisfy the following:

Either
    HP odd
    Attack odd
    Defense odd
    Special Attack odd
    Special Defense odd
    Speed even

Or
    HP odd
    Attack even
    Defense even
    Special Attack odd
    Special Defense odd
    Speed odd

Or
    HP even
    Attack odd
    Defense even
    Special Attack odd
    Special Defense odd
    Speed odd

Or
    HP even
    Attack even
    Defense even
    Special Attack odd
    Special Defense odd
    Speed odd

Of course, assuming you want the IVs in each stat to be as high as possible, just replace "odd" with "31" and "even" with "30".

I should make a thread with these calculations for all of the types.

Or us this: ;-) http://www.psypokes.com/dex/hp.php (Yeah, it's still the old one with power included, but the numbers from your examples that I typed in all come out as Ice so it still seems pretty accurate)

MawChomp

Average Trainer/Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2014
    Question!

So I'm currently breeding two Elektross with 31/31/31/31/31/18 (HP ICE) and 31/31/31/31/31/14 (Also HP ICE) and I was wondering if the speed value could be randomly generated or does it still take from the parents?

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    Or us this: ;-) http://www.psypokes.com/dex/hp.php (Yeah, it's still the old one with power included, but the numbers from your examples that I typed in all come out as Ice so it still seems pretty accurate)

Yeah, calculators like those are still valid, but they calculate Hidden Power's type from the IVs you input, not the other way round. The table at the bottom of that page is useful, but it still doesn't list all of the possible combinations.

Question!

So I'm currently breeding two Elektross with 31/31/31/31/31/18 (HP ICE) and 31/31/31/31/31/14 (Also HP ICE) and I was wondering if the speed value could be randomly generated or does it still take from the parents?

There will always be at least one stat that is randomly generated (Destiny Knot guarantees that it's only one). So yes, the Speed value could be randomly generated.

Last edited:

MawChomp

Average Trainer/Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2014
    There will always be at least one stat that is randomly generated (Destiny Knot guarantees that it's only one). So yes, the Speed value could be randomly generated.

Wow that's great info!
    Thanks~

Mithel_Celestia

Alluring Illusion
    Years
  • Question!

Unless one of them is holding a Destiny Knot(Destiny Knot allows the offspring to inherit 5 IVs from either parents, randomly choosing among them.), you can only pass on about 3 stats from either Parent(One from male parent, on from female, and one form either, it's random) The rest of the stats are randomly generated.

If you're letting one hold it (Destiny Knot), the most you'll probably get is around 4 Perfect IVs as it's not always certain the Speed stat will not be chosen to pass down.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    So I just realized something, I have Pokemon X and Y and the plan was when I finished 1 I was going to play the other and then pass all the items from one to the other and then have everything, HOWEVER, Pokebank doesn't allow items! Not allowing items from previous games is one thing, but that means it also doesn't allow passing of items from current games either so there's no way for me to trade ANY items from one game to the other unless I get access to a second 3DS/2DS (be it my own or someone else or find someone I can trust online to trade a bunch from one game, disconnect my 3DS, put the other pokemon game in, go online and find the friend I traded with and then trade a bunch from that game)

It's one thing for pokebank to not allow trade from previous generation items, but when you can't do it on current games, that's actually a pretty big issue. Am I reading the issue wrong and you CAN trade items in the current gen just not from previous gens using pokebank or are ALL items removed unilaterally across the board? thanks!

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Does the Masuda Method work if both parents are foreign?
    Does it still work if both parents are from the same foreign region?

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    It's one thing for pokebank to not allow trade from previous generation items, but when you can't do it on current games, that's actually a pretty big issue. Am I reading the issue wrong and you CAN trade items in the current gen just not from previous gens using pokebank or are ALL items removed unilaterally across the board? thanks!
    It appears that all items are removed. Why do you need to transfer all of your items though?

Does the Masuda Method work if both parents are foreign?
    Does it still work if both parents are from the same foreign region?
    To my knowledge, as long as the parents are of differing regions, it should work.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    It appears that all items are removed. Why do you need to transfer all of your items though?

To my knowledge, as long as the parents are of differing regions, it should work.

Biggest one being X esclusive megastones to my Pokemon Y Game so I can have ALL the mega evolutions in one game. Other being one of a kind items like Big Root (according to Serebii there's only 1 in a game, but there's at least 3 or 4 pokemon I want to use it) not to mention several other items that only (according to online FAQs) only appear once per game

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Biggest one being X esclusive megastones to my Pokemon Y Game so I can have ALL the mega evolutions in one game. Other being one of a kind items like Big Root (according to Serebii there's only 1 in a game, but there's at least 3 or 4 pokemon I want to use it) not to mention several other items that only (according to online FAQs) only appear once per game
    Oh duh, I'm stupid. But yeah I would assume it's for the same reason they aren't allowing items from previous gens. For future use, they don't want 6th gen items to be transferred to like 7th gen. Anyways, I'm sure someone here can help you out (I can actually), so it shouldn't be too big of a problem.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    There's this artist person in Kiloude City who says: "I really want to paint a girl wearing pastel colors, lace, ribbons, that kind of thing! I need to see a girl in a very feminine outfit for inspiration!"

Will she actually do something if I dress up that way, or am I just thinking something will happen when really nothing will happen?

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    There's this artist person in Kiloude City who says: "I really want to paint a girl wearing pastel colors, lace, ribbons, that kind of thing! I need to see a girl in a very feminine outfit for inspiration!"

Will she actually do something if I dress up that way, or am I just thinking something will happen when really nothing will happen?

She gives you a special item of clothing depending on your gender, I think.

Ashleyx

I see food, I eat it.
    Years
  • There's this artist person in Kiloude City who says: "I really want to paint a girl wearing pastel colors, lace, ribbons, that kind of thing! I need to see a girl in a very feminine outfit for inspiration!"

The girl will give you a dress, and panda hat for boy. Just put on pink frilly dress.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2015
    I have a question regarding the friend safari;

My original 3 safari pokemon for pokemon X were Pupitar, Barbaracle and Nosepass. I am now playing pokemon Y instead. Does this mean my safari pokemon will change or will they remain the same?

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I have a question regarding the friend safari;

My original 3 safari pokemon for pokemon X were Pupitar, Barbaracle and Nosepass. I am now playing pokemon Y instead. Does this mean my safari pokemon will change or will they remain the same?

As long as it's the same 3DS, they should be the same, since friend codes are not for individual games anymore.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back