• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A (Read First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I know this may have been answered before, but...where can I find some Heart Scales?

fish for luvdiscs. have a pkmn with frisk. :3

that or get a few of them from the Pokemon Global Link. :3

In addition to that, you could also find Heart Scales on Route 8, I believe. Just use your Dowsing Machine, and you'll run into them eventually. :] There's also one in Ambrette town near Pokémon Center. Good luck!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    In addition to that, you could also find Heart Scales on Route 8, I believe. Just use your Dowsing Machine, and you'll run into them eventually. :] There's also one in Ambrette town near Pokémon Center. Good luck!

And to add even more, Tierno will give out one Heart Scale per day in Couriway if you show him a Pokemon with a "Dance" move (post-game only).

Years
    I know this may have been answered before, but...where can I find some Heart Scales?

Another trick to getting Heart Scales that the others haven't mentioned is stealing them off wild Luvdisc. You can fish them up in all bodies of water in the Coastal Kalos Dex area with the Old Rod, and have an item stealing move like Covet or Thief.

Luvdisc have a 50% chance of carrying Heart Scales so yeah they're quite easy to find.

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2014
    How do I move my Y save to the SDcard?

Pokebank won't let me do anything unless I have Y plugged in.

Xerneas_X

Raven
    Years
    How do I move my Y save to the SDcard?

Pokebank won't let me do anything unless I have Y plugged in.

Are you trying to transfer pokemon from X to Y using pokemon bank or something?

if so, i don't know if pokemon bank was made to do that.. instead it's made to store pokemon from only 1 either pokemon x or y, and transfer pokemon from black/white to x or y.

Instead i think only pokemon can be traded from X to Y (or between the same Gen)?

P.S. i envy you.. i assume your in Europe? Pokemon Bank got released there today huh D:? Unfortunately i guess Gamefreak/Nintendo decided to postpone USA last rather than before Europe as usual, i guess because they know USA probably would have the most Users and don't want a repeat of last time, so before the onslaught of new signups, taking it slow with european market first :P

Xerneas_X

Raven
    Years
    Yeah in the UK. But haven't got this celibi gift yet? :(

Did you subscribe/sign up and/or successfully transferred a Pokemon?

I'm not sure if the trial users get the Celebi, seems logical maybe it's for the subscribers? that or you need to successfully transfer/link a Pokemon.

At least this is what I can find:
    "When you use Pokémon Bank, you will be able to receive a special Pokémon: Celebi! To receive it, use the Pokémon Link function in the Pokémon X or Pokémon Y game that you used to deposit your Pokémon in Pokémon Bank."

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    Did you subscribe/sign up and/or successfully transferred a Pokemon?

I'm not sure if the trial users get the Celebi, seems logical maybe it's for the subscribers? that or you need to successfully transfer/link a Pokemon.

At least this is what I can find:
    "When you use Pokémon Bank, you will be able to receive a special Pokémon: Celebi! To receive it, use the Pokémon Link function in the Pokémon X or Pokémon Y game that you used to deposit your Pokémon in Pokémon Bank."

Free trial users get it too.

BigSteve

Pokemon Bright Gold
    Years
    I've got two copies of Y and transferred 10 boxes of pokes across no problems.
    you need to successfully deposit one pokenon before you can get Celebi (upon reopening Bank).

also, cant transfer the save unless you have the DLC Versipn iirc and its A one way transfer

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2014
    Yeah I got it.

Although a load of legendaries didn't transfer. Oh well, nice to have my lvl100 Cyndaquil back from Soul Silver.

Although Lugia looks a little Special in 3D :-/

also, cant transfer the save unless you have the DLC Versipn iirc and its A one way transfer
    X/Y Quick Q&A (Read First Post)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Is it true that Heracross lose its ''Wing'' after mega-evolving into Mega Heracross ???
    Ya , It does have Wing on its back but Heracross never had Wing on it back ! Its Wing is inside its back .

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Is Zygarde just worthless? I admit I hated it's formless blob look at first, but after I actually looked at it and realized it was a cobra, I thought it was pretty cool. However, I can't trade it for ANYTHING on the GTS. (I got an extra one because I thought that would be my best bet for another pokebank legendary) for two days that thing sat on the GTS waiting for a Zapdos and no takers whatsoever. I put up a shiny Aromatisse just now and within 10 minutes got a Dialga for it. So, does everyone hate Zygarde or is it just because everyone with X or Y can get one?

And upon checking it, it's a freaking 5IV Modest Dialga with everything but Attack! If only it didn't have a foreign, unreadable name it would be perfect! So there's just absolutely no way to change a legendary's name to it's default English name, huh?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    Is Zygarde just worthless? I admit I hated it's formless blob look at first, but after I actually looked at it and realized it was a cobra, I thought it was pretty cool. However, I can't trade it for ANYTHING on the GTS. (I got an extra one because I thought that would be my best bet for another pokebank legendary) for two days that thing sat on the GTS waiting for a Zapdos and no takers whatsoever. I put up a shiny Aromatisse just now and within 10 minutes got a Dialga for it. So, does everyone hate Zygarde or is it just because everyone with X or Y can get one?

I thought it was based on Nidhogg, from Norse mythology (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Níðhöggr). Zygarde isn't very popular on GTS in my experience either. I didn't think any of the Kalos legendaries would be sought after, but I managed to trade my Xerneas for Regice, and a lot of people seem to be requesting Xerneas and Yveltal.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Well, Kyurem was about as bad when B/W was out. Unique typing gave Kyurem a better edge over Zygarde though. By type he is out done easily by Garchomp. He's under the same "weaker than the other two" issues Kyurem faced in B/W. I think he's like 20 - 30 points weaker than Xerneas and Yveltal. His ability is a gimmick to counter Xerneas and Yveltal only so it takes away from his appeal.

Generally yes, its not worth trying to trade him away. Not many people will want him right now.

Xerneas_X

Raven
    Years
    Is Zygarde just worthless?

No way, Zygarde is a tank.. Zygarde use to be a staple on my team, if EV trained right, it can tank a direct moonblast from a modest Xerneas or a draco meteor, then proceed to dish out a hard hitting Outrage or Earthquake/Stone Edge. Also he's a good game sweeper, capable of taking out opponents in the red or yellow with extreme speed.

Another option to make Zygarde into a killing machine that can rival god itself, Arceus.. EV Spec Zygarde for max attack and max HP, and have it's moves be Camouflage, Extreme Speed, Shadow Claw, and Swords Dance while holding the silk scarf.

The idea is to switch Zygarde out into an electric Pokemon or any Pokemon who can't really phase Zygarde and likely switch out as the opposing trainer would expect you to one-shot their Pokemon with earthquake/stone edge/dragon pulse, instead you use Camouflage which will turn his type from Dragon/Ground into Normal, thus eliminating his vulnerabilities to Fairy, Ice, and Dragon (probably their switch-in), this alone can cause confusion to your opponent who don't know what camouflage is, as evident as they try to still zygarde with the now-weaker ice/fairy/dragon moves, even if their Pokemon may know a fighting move or are even a fighting type but most likely they won't ever have the chance to lay a single attack on regarded because now much like Arceus, you now get STAB on Extreme Speed and the 20% boost thanks to the Silk Scark means that Extreme Speed's Base power is now elevated to a whopping 144 power! Mix that with a max Attack EV and Zygarde's Base Attack and hopefully perfect attack IV, it is capible of one-shotting lesser defensive Pokemon or devastating the health of bulky/wall Pokemon such as Blissey.

Then if it's safe to do so, a Swords Dance will dramatically increase Zygarde's one-shot potential on Bulky Walls and ineffective normal resisting Pokemon.

And with Extreme Speed being a +2 Priority move, you'll easily outspeed your opponents, including priority HA Pokemon such as Talonflame w/Galewings or Prankster pokemon and most likely one-shotting them before they get to attack or use a status move, and even if they did survive (most likely in yellow/red), with Zygarde's Physical Bulk and max HP EVs, it'll most likely shrug off the minute damage and proceed to destroy them next turn.

So in other words, Zygarde is the Poor-Man's version of Arceus... if Arceus was not at your disposal. Thanks to his bulkiness, he is capable of surviving a direct modest Mewtwo aura blast where your average Arceus would probably die..

Plus the confusion factor that camouflage causes to opponents that I have personally experienced is just icing on the cake. Expect lots of Rage Quits when Zygarde begins to one-shot everything with extreme speed.

Last edited:

CliCliW

I have a Ph.D in Horribleness.
    Years
    I'm just wondering about this: I'm hoping to download Pokemon Bank, but I'm not actually sure my 3DS will allow me to use it.

I can download demos, games, whatever from the eShop, but I can't actually get involved in online play because I can't set my router up to do so. So I can't Trade with others, Battle with others, visit other towns through internet (in Animal Crossing), etc.

Will this affect my being able to use Pokemon Bank?

Thanks in advance.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back