• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A (Read First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Sooo my game doesn't turn dark at nighttime anymore. I have a second DS with the same date and time, and it's dark and the little light turns on on the bike. I've time-travelled on both systems if I can recall correctly, so I don't think that's it. Not really a problem, just would be nice to know what's going on.

is your region, time zone and Daylight Savings setting the same on both?

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Yeah, but even if they were different, at like 3am it'll still be light out, which makes no sense.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Yeah, but even if they were different, at like 3am it'll still be light out, which makes no sense.

not really, if you REALLY set it at the wrong time zone there's some places on earth that are light at 3am. (I think during the spring and summer Alaska is light 6 months out of the year maybe? So the other 6 months of the year some other place must get 6 months of light. When you started one of your games did you set your 3DS (or the 3DS that was started on anyway) to some alternate region? Because once you start your game, it is stuck in that region even if you change the 3DS settings. I did this on my X game in order to get a specific form of Vivillon and even though my 3DS is back in my normal region, my X cartridge is still in the region I set it as when I first started. (this is intentional in order to prevent people from getting all the vivillons simply by changing their region settings)

And also, just because it's 3am, does that 3DS know it's 3am? Does it actually think it's 3pm? that sort of thing.

Brentane

Lucario Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2014
    OK, I just figured out how natures and IV's work. I think I may ignore them, otherwise I'm gonna be bored as. Unless I can get a 5 IV Ditto, it seems a lot of work if I'm playing for fun with friends.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    ^Friend Safari has decent IVed Pokes, and once you start breeding other decent IVed Pokemon it gets easier since you don't have to start from scratch all over again.

not really, if you REALLY set it at the wrong time zone there's some places on earth that are light at 3am. (I think during the spring and summer Alaska is light 6 months out of the year maybe? So the other 6 months of the year some other place must get 6 months of light. When you started one of your games did you set your 3DS (or the 3DS that was started on anyway) to some alternate region? Because once you start your game, it is stuck in that region even if you change the 3DS settings. I did this on my X game in order to get a specific form of Vivillon and even though my 3DS is back in my normal region, my X cartridge is still in the region I set it as when I first started. (this is intentional in order to prevent people from getting all the vivillons simply by changing their region settings)

And also, just because it's 3am, does that 3DS know it's 3am? Does it actually think it's 3pm? that sort of thing.
    Haha then kudos to Nintendo for their accuracy in daylight times. But still, I don't believe they're different regions. My first DS I'm 100% sure I set it to where I'm actually from. The second DS I know I haven't changed the region at all, and both are the same region at this point in time. Basically, I'm fairly sure they're the same region, date and time. Plus the Vivillon forms are the same (although that doesn't necessarily pinpoint your location).

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    OK, I just figured out how natures and IV's work. I think I may ignore them, otherwise I'm gonna be bored as. Unless I can get a 5 IV Ditto, it seems a lot of work if I'm playing for fun with friends.

the IVs yes, they can get a little boring, however I would suggest learning about natures because they can benefit you greatly. Also when you DO start breeding, it will save a lot of time later to have the natures you want because there's an item called an Everstone that when held by a pokemon, ALL it's Offspring will be born with that nature. And looking for the correct natures isn't that hard to begin with. All you need to do is catch a bunch of Ralts right before you get into Lumiose City and if it has Synchronize and is at the head of your party, every pokemon you encounter will have a 50% chance of having the nature you're looking for. Also, you can simply catch ONE ralts, breed it in the daycare which is just after Lumiose City and just keep hatching eggs till you get ALL the natures you want. (just don't use an Everstone in this case and every ralts will be born with a random nature)

arinceo

Eat, Sleep, Pokemon
    Years
  • How do you find a ditto with 3 to 6 IVs?
    do you have to find it in pokemon village or find it in the friend safari?
    You can catch them in both the pokemon village and in the friend safari, there is just different probabilities of that happening.

In the pokemon village, all the IV's are randomly generated, as such there is a 1/32768 chance of encountering a ditto with just three perfect IV's. To find dittos with four, five or six IV's is 32 times rarer for every additional IV.

In the friend safari, a ditto is guaranteed to have a minimum of two perfect IV's. From there, the remaining four IV's are randomly generated. Therefore, there is a 1/32 chance of finding a ditto with three perfect IV's, a 1/1024 chance of finding one with four, 1/32768 chance for five, and a whopping 1/1048576 chance of tracking down one with six.

Shrew

is a Shrew
    Years
  • I'm kinda confused on what I'm doing wrong with chaining. I have experience in Diamond/Pearl chaining up to 103, and have chained over 40 for around six species. I'm either very rusty, and forgetting something, or there are new things I'm not aware about.

I've been using this guide, chaining for Dittos in the Pokemon Village for the last 3 hours yet haven't gotten a chain above 12. My highest chain of 12 right now broke after taking 4 steps south, 2 steps to the right. To a patch of grass which didn't have any objects/borders/corners/holes in the way, but instead at least one radius of grass, when a Noctowl popped up.

I know a new thing about chaining in XY is different shaking rates of grass. I know from experience that entering slow-shaking grass can lead to no pokemon being there, but is it possible that you'll enter the wrong pokemon entirely? If not, what could I be forgetting that I'm doing wrong?

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    I'm kinda confused on what I'm doing wrong with chaining. I have experience in Diamond/Pearl chaining up to 103, and have chained over 40 for around six species. I'm either very rusty, and forgetting something, or there are new things I'm not aware about.

I've been using this guide, chaining for Dittos in the Pokemon Village for the last 3 hours yet haven't gotten a chain above 12. My highest chain of 12 right now broke after taking 4 steps south, 2 steps to the right. To a patch of grass which didn't have any objects/borders/corners/holes in the way, but instead at least one radius of grass, when a Noctowl popped up.

I know a new thing about chaining in XY is different shaking rates of grass. I know from experience that entering slow-shaking grass can lead to no pokemon being there, but is it possible that you'll enter the wrong pokemon entirely? If not, what could I be forgetting that I'm doing wrong?

you are using the Pokeradar to chain, right, not just searching in grass? And I have seen some videos on youtube that suggest using Repels so you only run into the shaking grass. On top of that, you're apparently supposed to go to the largest clump of shaking grass, not just any clump of shaking grass. I have never tried any of this yet so I can't vouche for any info, just repeating stuff I heard.

Ashleyx

I see food, I eat it.
    Years
  • Who should I get to breed earth power onto a Turtwig?
    Everytime I post here, I'll be ignored. My post will get buried very fast in a few hours.. for goodness sake please stop chatting! This is a place for Q and A not to discuss your game!

Deceit

Toxic.
    Years
  • Ashleyx said:
    Who should I get to breed earth power onto a Turtwig?

If you can't transfer, then you can find Nidoran(Male) at Route 11 in a horde. Evolve it into Nidoking, and it can learn Earth Power at Level 43. If you can transfer, there are quite a few pokemon that can learn Earth Power by Move tutor in B2/W2, including Garchomp, Aggron, Tyranitar, and Marowak.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Everytime I post here, I'll be ignored. My post will get buried very fast in a few hours.. for goodness sake please stop chatting! This is a place for Q and A not to discuss your game!

You should also give some time to serebii.net

(Note: That's a link to Turtwig's Egg Move [Earth Power], in case you won't click it.)

Ashleyx

I see food, I eat it.
    Years
  • If you can't transfer, then you can find Nidoran(Male) at Route 11 in a horde. Evolve it into Nidoking, and it can learn Earth Power at Level 43. If you can transfer, there are quite a few pokemon that can learn Earth Power by Move tutor in B2/W2, including Garchomp, Aggron, Tyranitar, and Marowak.
    Thank you, I can't transfer. Is it only Nidoking?

You should also give some time to serebii.net

(Note: That's a link to Turtwig's Egg Move [Earth Power], in case you won't click it.)
    Q&A is for asking question. If everyone finds answer on their own then what's this thread for? Not everyone are pokemon expert and knows where and how to find the answer to their question.

Last edited:

Brentane

Lucario Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2014
    OK. This will settle with me if I want to get the right IV and natures for my battle Pokemon. I battle for fun, I don't know if the competitive environment is for me, even though I do like the idea of getting a Pokemon to its maximum potential. Is it worth it?

P.S. Not IV and nature breeding would make it easier to get the desired battle Pokemon I want.

Last edited:

arinceo

Eat, Sleep, Pokemon
    Years
  • If you are undecided about whether you want to battle competitively I woudn't bother with nature/IV breeding. Just solely by EV training and using a good team you can win most casual battles. If you are determined to battle competitively I would say it's vital that you breed for the best natures/IV's.

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2014
    Geological Upper Hand?

I've been doing a lot of online free battling getting ready for the Winter regionals in my area. A few things I've noticed are:

1. All I battle are people from Japan
    2. They all use Legally Unobtainable pokemon. (Dogs, Victini, Mew, Etc)
    3. 50% of those "Unobtainables" are shiny.

Are these guys just bs cheaters? Or does Japan have something that the US doesn't? (X & Y Related) (Duh)

I feel like I might be out of the loop.
    Any enlightenment is appreciated.

Brentane

Lucario Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2014
    If you are undecided about whether you want to battle competitively I woudn't bother with nature/IV breeding. Just solely by EV training and using a good team you can win most casual battles. If you are determined to battle competitively I would say it's vital that you breed for the best natures/IV's.

So I can just battle and if I battle well it comes out ahead? Obviously not for tournaments not recommended. It just seems like a lot of work before the Party I want is finished.
    I just want my party together, and start training (Lucario, Scizor, Absol, Charizard, Tyrantrum, and Gardevoir) and battling lol.

Last edited:

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    They did get Pokébank for a short while before it was removed for download, so those lucky few who managed to download it were able to get their PKMN from previous games into their X and Y games.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back