• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A (Read First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jul 10, 2022
    Is what I'm doing "cheating"?

I have powersaves and I use it mainly for save backups. I decided to play the game in French. I wanted to get a shiny Plusle so I decided to breed a Plusle in my French game and sent it to my main game via Pokebank for MMing. Would you view that as cheating?

Raikou

bolt-action thunder
    Years
    • NY
    • Seen Nov 12, 2015
    I started my Y version (for the fourth time, oops) but started this time in Japanese. I just really wanted a Japanese Delphox. After it evolved, I put it on X and went about my game.

I wouldn't call it cheating. If anything, it would just be easier to get a foreign pokemon for the MM eggs.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    No more cheating than when I asked Lance to trade me a Japanese Ditto so I could get a shiny. It's a real Pokemon acquired in a real game, brought to the current game through legal means. I think that's about as far from cheating as you can get.

Years
  • Can you guys tell me if this is legit? Just received it in wonder trade

Those Korean characters is just how Xerneas' name is written in Korean, and it is at Level 50 when it's encountered so yeah it's pretty much legit to me. It's just that someone was playing the game in Korean.

Neil Peart

Learn to swim
    Years
  • Reset Bags

I've been trying to get a reset bag from Super Training for 30 minutes now. I've seen people say you need to use a well-rested Pokémon and your chances of getting a bag overall go up. This is horse♥♥♥♥ because I've been using well-rested ones for 30 minutes now. Is there something I'mm missing to get a Reset Bag easier?

MaoMint

☘ 小猫咪 ☘
    Years
  • I've been trying to get a reset bag from Super Training for 30 minutes now. I've seen people say you need to use a well-rested Pokémon and your chances of getting a bag overall go up. This is horse♥♥♥♥ because I've been using well-rested ones for 30 minutes now. Is there something I'mm missing to get a Reset Bag easier?

With well rested Isuppose they meant when the pokémon is "jumping" up and down in the small preview.
    Other than that I guess the best I can say is that you're having bad luck? : (
    One often doesn't find what one's looking for. I get them all the time when I'm not looking for them.
    How many do you need? Just one?

Neil Peart

Learn to swim
    Years
  • With well rested Isuppose they meant when the pokémon is "jumping" up and down in the small preview.
    Other than that I guess the best I can say is that you're having bad luck? : (
    One often doesn't find what one's looking for. I get them all the time when I'm not looking for them.
    How many do you need? Just one?

I need a few to reset EV's. I got one bag in 45 minutes of trying.

KodakKid3

Aggron
    Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2016
    Chople Berry Effects

I know that the Chople Berry will halve the effect of supereffective fighting moves. So, if fighting moves are otherwise x4 on my Pokemon, does that mean they'll now be x2? Or does it make them x0.5?

Also, I know it's consumed after use -- does that mean after someone uses a fighting move on me, it is consumed? Or will it just last one battle?

Thanks

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today

I know that the Chople Berry will halve the effect of supereffective fighting moves. So, if fighting moves are otherwise x4 on my Pokemon, does that mean they'll now be x2? Or does it make them x0.5?

Also, I know it's consumed after use -- does that mean after someone uses a fighting move on me, it is consumed? Or will it just last one battle?

Thanks
    I put your question in the X/Y Q&A thread, just so you know.

Anyway, Chople Berry halves the damage, so yes, if your Pokemon is 4x weak to Fighting attacks, it'll take the damage as if it was only 2x weak to Fighting attacks.
    A few calcs to see this better:

No Chople Berry: 252+ Atk Conkeldurr Drain Punch vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Aggron: 340-408 (98.8 - 118.6%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO

With Chople Berry: 252+ Atk Conkeldurr Drain Punch vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Chople Berry Aggron: 170-204 (49.4 - 59.3%) -- 99.6% chance to 2HKO

The damage done with the Chople Berry is exactly half of what it is without the berry, so it doesn't make it act like .5x

Also, the berry only works once per battle. It's also lost forever after the battle, unless you're doing a WiFi battle, a Battle Spot battle, or a battle in the Battle Maison or Battle Institute; it'll be restored after the battle if doing one of those.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    hi!
    So, i'm not sure if this is the place to post this, but i'm having a little problem.
    I'm trying to breed a houdour, but for some reason, the children aren't bron with the same pokeball the mother is in.
    is this a glitch? and how do i fix it?

What pokeball is the mother in? If it's the event Houndour then it will be coming in a red Cherish Ball and those cannot be passed down from the mother. (same with Master balls)

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Houndour should be breeding down the Ultra Ball. I have some spare Ultra Balls, so I'll try this out sometime. Can you give full intel on how to replicate your breeding, not counting moves and abilities, etc.?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back