• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A (Read First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KillerTyphlosion

Champion
Years
  • Does somebody know if your friend safari reset if you start a new game. Like do my friends need to come online again for the 3rd pokémon to show up or will they stay as it is?

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Can Eviolite work on a pokemon that can Mega Evolve?

I have been googling answers and I am confused if it works or not.

I am asking because of this thread I found:

https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/69162544

I'm going to say no (on assumption, admittedly) because it not working on Sceptile in X Y, but then it would suddenly work on it in OR/AS doesn't make sense, also mega evolving is a temporary evolution whereas I'm pretty sure "pokemon that can still evolve" is in regards to permanent evolutions.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Does somebody know if your friend safari reset if you start a new game. Like do my friends need to come online again for the 3rd pokémon to show up or will they stay as it is?
    You'll still retain the safaris of all the people in your friends list, but you still have to re-discover the Pokemon in the safaris when you get back to Kiloude City. Also, the thing about them being online at the same time applies to the Pokemon having Hidden Abilities (I'm pretty sure that they'll need to get online again in order for you to catch HA pokes in their safari). They have to have made it into the Hall of Fame for all three Pokemon to be available.

Can Eviolite work on a pokemon that can Mega Evolve?

I have been googling answers and I am confused if it works or not.

I am asking because of this thread I found:

https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/69162544
    Nah, Eviolite doesn't work on Pokemon with Mega Evolutions. While it's called "Mega Evolution", it's not really an evolution; it's a temporary transformation where the Pokemon reaches it's maximum potential. Evolution is a more permanent thing.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • You'll still retain the safaris of all the people in your friends list, but you still have to re-discover the Pokemon in the safaris when you get back to Kiloude City. Also, the thing about them being online at the same time applies to the Pokemon having Hidden Abilities (I'm pretty sure that they'll need to get online again in order for you to catch HA pokes in their safari). They have to have made it into the Hall of Fame for all three Pokemon to be available.

Pretty sure the question is whether you still retain the third Pokemon of the Safari if you reset the game.

Well, considering that the condition to obtain the third Pokemon is that you have to meet the player online at least once, I'd say unless you've seen him/her online on that game, you can't get the third Pokemon.

However, if you have the third Pokemon registered and the person with the Safari reset their game, and then you happened to encounter them online, you'll still retain the third Pokemon.

At least, that's what I know.

Years
  • SmashPass Huntail/Gorebyss in XY?

I saw a Smogon build for Huntail and Gorebyss that uses Shell Smash and Baton Pass. However, in XY, Clamperl learns SS at lv. 50 while Huntail and Gorebyss learn BP at 33.

It seems impossible to have this combo in XY, so is it? I could swear I had the Move Tutor teach level up moves that my pokemon didn't try to learn before.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    I saw a Smogon build for Huntail and Gorebyss that uses Shell Smash and Baton Pass. However, in XY, Clamperl learns SS at lv. 50 while Huntail and Gorebyss learn BP at 33.

It seems impossible to have this combo in XY, so is it? I could swear I had the Move Tutor teach level up moves that my pokemon didn't try to learn before.

It's absolutely possible, you level up clamperl till it learns Shell Smash and then go to the move relearned (NOT a move tutor) after it evolves to learn moves that the species it currently is could have learned via level up (if you check serebii, you will see lots of pokemon with moves at level 1 that they can't learn any other way, such as Hippowdon with all the elemental fang moves. It can't learn any of them via normal level up, it needs to be taken to a move relearned to learn the moves, as well as any level up moves it would have learned but didn't)

Edit: HOWEVER, having said that, do be aware that Smogon does in fact put impossible move sets occasionally (such as every single Lineoone build since gen 3 has had Extreme Speed as it's STAB move, but the ONLY Lineoone in the history of pokemon that has had this move has been from Pokemon Box in Gen 3, but since gen 5 Smogon always suggests Quick Feet as it's ability, and it's impossible to have a legit Lineoone with Quick feet AND Extreme Speed, so it is good that you check because Smogon does in fact sometimes (although rarely) put up impossible pokemon as "Standard" builds because they just have a standerd list of all possible moves and abilities and then just mix and match what they need. Further to this, I have been finding easily half the builds on smogon are actually totally impossible to get if you just started pokemon with the current gen because so many move sets use move tutor moves from gen 5 which are no longer possible unless you transfer but don't breed in the current gen. This ail be remedied this week when ORAS comes out, but before that, smogon just was not completely accurate unless you stuck with gen 5 versions.

Last edited:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Is changing a pokemon IVs with a powersave consider as hacking & can they be blocked from wifi battles and Poke Bank?

Where can I get a 6IV Ditto?
    What's considered "hacking" varies from person to person, but I think that altering a Pokemon's IVs won't bar it from wifi battles or the Bank. I fiddled a little bit with the IVs of one of my Zekroms on Gen 5, and it transferred through the Bank just fine, and I've used it in Battle Spot, so you should be fine.

As for getting a 6IV Ditto, try asking around in the Quick Trades section of the Trade Corner. That's how I got mine.

Not sure where you'd go for Powersaves help though.....

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2014
    Diancie error code? does anyone have a solution for this??

so i put in my diancie code incorrectly and now when i put get with code i get the following message " you failed to enter the correct code, so you can't try reentering the code for a while. Please try again later." so now i can't put any codes in does anyone know how to fix this or how long this ban last?? i have an extra code i can give if anyone is able to help me solve this

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
  • so i put in my diancie code incorrectly and now when i put get with code i get the following message " you failed to enter the correct code, so you can't try reentering the code for a while. Please try again later." so now i can't put any codes in does anyone know how to fix this or how long this ban last?? i have an extra code i can give if anyone is able to help me solve this

Just wait anywhere between 20 minutes and a hour or so, and you should be able to try again. =)

Years
  • I just read on 4chan someone said you cant transfer any items from White/Black/2 to X/Y.

And that you cant transfer anything from X/Y to ORAS.

Is this true?
    What CAN you transfer?

I am doing a marathon and Im still on the Gen 4 so please forgive my lack of knowledge. lol.

Years
  • I just read on 4chan someone said you cant transfer any items from White/Black/2 to X/Y.

Is this true?
    What CAN you transfer?

I am doing a marathon and Im still on the Gen 4 so please forgive my lack of knowledge. lol.

That's because you cannot transfer items to the next generation because they each have different sets of coding. That is why you can't have your Pokemon hold items if you plan to transfer them to the next generation.

As for the ORAS/XY issue, the one I know of is that ORAS-introduced Mega Stones can't be transferred to X & Y.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    I just read on 4chan someone said you cant transfer any items from White/Black/2 to X/Y.

Is this true?
    What CAN you transfer?

This is partially true, you can't transfer anything THROUGH POKEBANK as poke bank doesn't allow item transfers. You can in fact TRADE items held by pokemon between ORAS and X/Y because there was this big list of banned interactions between X/Y and ORAS on the internet a month or so back, and on that list was the ORAS exclusive mega stones listed as could NOT be traded to X/Y. What this means is that all other items that exist in X/Y CAN be traded back and forth between ORAS, otherwise they wouldn't have compiled the ban list of items, they would simply have stated no items can be transferred between games. This means that the hundreds of pokemon you have in X/Y will have to be traded 1 by 1 if you want to keep their individual hold items, or simply transfer them all at once through poke bank if you DON'T want their hold items.

Last edited:
    Years
  • This is partially true, you can't transfer anything THROUGH POKEBANK as poke bank doesn't allow item transfers. You can in fact TRADE items held by pokemon between ORAS and X/Y because there was this big list of banned interactions between X/Y and ORAS on the internet a month or so back, and on that list was the ORAS exclusive mega stones listed as could NOT be traded to X/Y. What this means is that all other items that exist in X/Y CAN be traded back and forth between ORAS, otherwise they wouldn't have compiled the ban list of items, they would simply have stated no items can be transferred between games. This means that the hundreds of pokemon you have in X/Y will have to be traded 1 by 1 if you want to keep their individual hold items, or simply transfer them all at once through poke bank if you DON'T want their hold items.

Good think I cloned all the pretty items in Emerald and transferred them to Platinum hoping I could push them all the way to the Gen 6.

I assume pokeballs, khm, masterballs, cant be transferred as well?

Anyway, thanks for the info :)

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • How good is Street Pass? and is it useful?

Just Googled up this bit:

StackExchange said:
    StreetPass provides you with an amount of PokéMiles (PM) for each person you've met who is also playing a StreetPass enabled X or Y. PokéMiles can be traded in for items at the Lumiose City Pokémon Center. Alternatively, you can redeem them at the Pokémon Global Link website via the Game Sync feature of the PSS; the prices there are lower than in Lumiose, and the items you select will be delivered to the Pokémon Center of your choice. Eventually, you will be able to use your PokéMiles to play mini-games called "Attractions" on the Global Link website and win items, though at the time of this writing, no Attractions have been released yet.

To get rid of that green StreetPass light on your 3DS' homescreen, you have to go to the PSS (on the touch screen) and open up the Holo Caster (not to be confused with the Holo Caster item in your Bag). Once you're there, hit "check announcements." Then hit "Streetpass News" and you'll be notified of how many people you've StreetPassed, how many PokéMiles (PM) you got for that, and your total PokéMiles.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • though at the time of this writing, no Attractions have been released yet.

It's true that back during the first months of Pokemon XY's release there were no attractions yet, but just wanting to mention that as of now there are already 2 attractions available to play, with a third one coming up soon. :>

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Well since you get Poke Miles then it seems like it worth setting up :-), it also be interesting to see who play the game in my area :-)

it really isn't. I'm not sure exactly how the numbers work out, but it seems to be the distance between your region and the region of the person you street passed (or something like that) so if you're travelling through an international airport, it can be fantastic, but under normal circumstances you'll be passing by people who are in the same region as you, and yo can get as little as 1 single poke mile per person passed.

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2014
    Move tutor moves and pokebank

I'm having trouble transferring pokemon from white 2 to pokebank. I wanted to teach pokemon in white 2 move tutor moves but they won't transfer to pokebank. I did it before but now it won't let me. Any ideas?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back