• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A Thread v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mason69

Sleeping...
Years
  • Shiny Greninja for surf and other water HM duties.
    Shiny Talonflame/Shiny Charizard for Fly duties - not ideal for the crossover of fire typing but much better pokemon than braixen in my opinion.

Hum... I like them both the only problem is that I don't like using more than one starter, I might replace braixen with my shiny charmander though...

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    So for a while now most of the people in my Friend Safari list are displayed with the ? silhouette thing, but they used to show the actual character before. All the Pokemon are still revealed and I can catch them with their HAs, but why did most of them go back to displaying the ? for the person?

llr

Years
    • Age 65
    • Seen Oct 26, 2015
    So for a while now most of the people in my Friend Safari list are displayed with the ? silhouette thing, but they used to show the actual character before. All the Pokemon are still revealed and I can catch them with their HAs, but why did most of them go back to displaying the ? for the person?

Not 100% sure but either they have deleted your friend card from their list.

or they haven't been online in a very long with a XY or ORAS game.

I thought it was the first one for a long time.
    But I had 2 of my friend's avatars disappear but when I was going through the friend list in my Home menu it still showed them online. I don't think it would have shown them online if they had removed me from their lists.

Either way if you put your game in a different DS then back in the original you may loose the safari.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Not 100% sure but either they have deleted your friend card from their list.

or they haven't been online in a very long with a XY or ORAS game.

I thought it was the first one for a long time.
    But I had 2 of my friend's avatars disappear but when I was going through the friend list in my Home menu it still showed them online. I don't think it would have shown them online if they had removed me from their lists.

Either way if you put your game in a different DS then back in the original you may loose the safari.
    Ooooh I think that might be it. I occasionally put it in a different 3DS for trading purposes.

llr

Years
    • Age 65
    • Seen Oct 26, 2015
    Ooooh I think that might be it. I occasionally put it in a different 3DS for trading purposes.

When I say loose the safari I mean you will no longer be able to get the Pokémon in the safari until you are both online in the game again.

Changing DS is one of the fast ways to mass clear a safari list.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    When I say loose the safari I mean you will no longer be able to get the Pokémon in the safari until you are both online in the game again.

Changing DS is one of the fast ways to mass clear a safari list.
    All the Pokemon are still revealed and I can even catch them with their Hidden Abilities though....

llr

Years
    • Age 65
    • Seen Oct 26, 2015
    All the Pokemon are still revealed and I can even catch them with their Hidden Abilities though....

They may have changed something with the updates. I have worked very hard to make sure my games always go back into the same DS. I lost a bunch of safaris when XY first came out. I haven't been willing to retest.

I know that I have some safaris on my DS's that are like yours. The avatars are replaced by question marks and all the pokémon show up.
    There are few of my friends that I recognize in both the safari list and the friend list.
    One of those is my niece she can't connect online with her DS. Her avatar is gone.
    Two other that I've lost the avatar and I know they have crowded friend lists. I thought they had to delete my friend card. When I went into my friend list to add someone it showed them online but playing, but not XY or ORAS.

Curious and more curious...
    How to figure out without losing safaris you really want to keep?

Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Apr 17, 2015
    What is better?

I am sorry if this is in the wrong place,

But am looking to get Pokemon X or Y soon and i was just wondering if someone can tell me 2 things?

1: Can i play Pokemon X or Y on a Nintendo 2DS or does it have to be on a 3DS.
    2: If i can play it on a 2DS what is the difference between playing it on a 2DS and a 3DS?.

Thanks, Much Appreciated.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I am sorry if this is in the wrong place,

But am looking to get Pokemon X or Y soon and i was just wondering if someone can tell me 2 things?

1: Can i play Pokemon X or Y on a Nintendo 2DS or does it have to be on a 3DS.
    2: If i can play it on a 2DS what is the difference between playing it on a 2DS and a 3DS?.

Thanks, Much Appreciated.
    I moved your thread into our Q&A thread. But as for your questions:

1) Yes, you can play it on any 2DS or 3DS.
    2) The only difference with playing X/Y on a 2DS vs a 3DS is that the 2DS doesn't have the 3D effect to it.

Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jul 18, 2015
    Quick question. I was hoping to get some legendaries in trades but I would need to trade some first. So if I transfer my Yveltal, Zygarde, and Mewtwo from Y onto pokemon bank; could I restart the game and beat it again, dowload my original pokemon and basically have two Yvetlals etc.?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Quick question. I was hoping to get some legendaries in trades but I would need to trade some first. So if I transfer my Yveltal, Zygarde, and Mewtwo from Y onto pokemon bank; could I restart the game and beat it again, dowload my original pokemon and basically have two Yvetlals etc.?
    Yup, you can do that.

Nidorina of Time Lord

Waiting for the Sun to come...
    Years
  • How on earth do I use the Poké Radar? I know the general idea of how it's supposed to work, but Pokémon always jump out before I can go to the shaking grass, or I get the message saying it's not time to use it. :(

Years
    • Age 45
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    How on earth do I use the Poké Radar? I know the general idea of how it's supposed to work, but Pokémon always jump out before I can go to the shaking grass, or I get the message saying it's not time to use it. :(

Easiest way is to use Repels because when you are tracking pokemon being tracked with the dexnav, you can still battle the pokemon you are tracking.

Years
    • Age 44
    • Seen Dec 22, 2018
    x/y is my first, couple questions

I started playing Y a couple months ago but am intending to start over (got side tracked after only a couple hours with life).

I was pretty overwhelmed so thought I'd investigate before starting a new game.

1. Does it matter which starter I pick?
    2. Will I be able to collect any I miss just going through a normal playthrough?

My biggest concern is the latter. I could use a guide but would rather play the game on my own first rather than read what I need to do next. Speaking of....

3. If I have to go a few days without playing there doesn't seem to be a "quest" system in place. Tips to remember where to go or what to do next?

Any other advice is welcome! :)

Years
  • I'd be happy to answer, at least the starters question that is.

All three starters are perfectly fine to use, and they do learn some interesting moves as they level up along with all their final stages ending in dual typings (Chespin eventually becomes a Grass/Fighting-type, Fennekin a Fire/Psychic-type and Froakie a Water/Dark-type) so I don't see any particular advantage or disadvantage with either, and given the large Pokedex you will be able to get a team member that can complement it. The starter choice does affect which Kanto legendary bird you will encounter in the postgame (Chespin gives you Articuno, Fennekin gives you Zapdos and Froakie gives you Moltres) as well as which starter Shauna will trade to you (she gives the one weak to the starter you chose).

I think in the end it comes down to which one appeals to you the most, or which Kanto starter you're planning to pick once you get to Lumiose City for the first time since it's best to have a lot of type diversity in the team.

Years
    • Age 44
    • Seen Dec 22, 2018
    OK....so this is where I have more questions lol. Does that mean I have to play multiple playthroughs to collect all of them or is that more wear trading comes in?

Years
  • Well, with the Kalos starters you do get the one weak to the one you chose (in terms of type advantage) from Shauna in a trade after beating the Elite Four. The third one that you didn't choose will have to be traded from another player, and that's where our Trade Corner section comes in.

Good luck and do enjoy the game!

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Radubadu, I moved your thread into the X/Y Q&A thread, just so you know.

ayoo

lol see my name
    Years
  • Buying Pokemon X on amazon

Hi I wanted the Pokemon X game but
    I couldn't find it for pc. So I decided to
    buy on amazon.... but what are the
    contents inside it? I asked so that i could
    buy without problems... please help fast

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen May 5, 2015
    Recycle the Air Balloon (popped)?

Hi! I'm new here (so if this topic is off you can freely move it). I have a question below.

Battle Institute/Battle Maison XY: I have my male Prankster Meowstic used Recycle the turn after he was hit and his item, the Air Balloon, popped... but it failed (IG said "But it failed"). I have no idea why and what is the mechanics of the move Recycle. As for now, I knew the move Recycle can be used for recovering the consumable item such as Berries, and maybe red card, but the air balloon is somehow not consumable since it states "popped"?

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back