• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A Thread v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Hi I wanted the Pokemon X game but
    I couldn't find it for pc. So I decided to
    buy on amazon.... but what are the
    contents inside it? I asked so that i could
    buy without problems... please help fast
    I'm not sure I understand your question. What do you mean by "the contents inside it"?

Hi! I'm new here (so if this topic is off you can freely move it). I have a question below.

Battle Institute/Battle Maison XY: I have my male Prankster Meowstic used Recycle the turn after he was hit and his item, the Air Balloon, popped... but it failed (IG said "But it failed"). I have no idea why and what is the mechanics of the move Recycle. As for now, I knew the move Recycle can be used for recovering the consumable item such as Berries, and maybe red card, but the air balloon is somehow not consumable since it states "popped"?
    My guess is that the Air Balloon is not consumable since it's not used in the same way as a Berry or other consumable items are. With Berries and the like the Pokemon doesn't use it until it's needed. The Air Balloon is used from the get-go until it is popped. Berries and gems are literally consumed, the Air Balloon is never consumed, just used and then destroyed.

How do I find these shinies I keep hearing about?
    It's kinda random. There's things you can do to increase the chances though, like chaining or having the Shiny Charm or doing the Masuda Method. Supposedly the Friend Safari has a slightly higher chance of shiny Pokemon appearing, but idk if that was ever confirmed or not.

Volga

The Dragon Knight
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Mar 19, 2023
    Umm.... what means a cartridge?
    Can u send a image of it?

Here is what you'll get in the case:
    Spoiler:

Note: It will be White, not red.

You will need the 3DS system to play it.

llr

Years
    • Age 65
    • Seen Oct 26, 2015
    Umm.... what means a cartridge?
    Can u send a image of it?
    Cartridge looks and works a lot like an SD card.
    The game software is on it when you get it.
    It'll only work in one of the 3 DS'S or a 2DS.

ayoo

lol see my name
    Years
  • That means I need to buy a separate 3ds then? I thought a 3ds will be there inside...

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    That means I need to buy a separate 3ds then? I thought a 3ds will be there inside...

Um...no.

A 3DS is a game device that you need in order to play Pokémon X, Y, OR or AS. See the spoiler to see what a 3DS is.

Spoiler:

Pokémon X is a cartridge.
    Spoiler:

These two items are sold separately. But if you are lucky, you might see a sale where a 3DS is bundled with a cartridge game.

Anyway, I've read your previous comments and originally, you wanted to find out how to play Pokémon X on your PC, right? Unfortunately, there aren't any available 3DS emulators available to play 3DS games in PCs.

ayoo

lol see my name
    Years
  • can anyone say whats the difference between a 3ds and 3ds XL

because the 3ds XL price is toooooooo high

Volga

The Dragon Knight
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Mar 19, 2023

llr

Years
    • Age 65
    • Seen Oct 26, 2015
    can anyone say whats the difference between a 3ds and 3ds XL

because the 3ds XL price is toooooooo high
    The screens on the XL are bigger.

If price is a concern look into the 2DS.
    It will play the same games as the 3 DS but doesn't have the 3D effects.

Years
    • Age 45
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    How do you make rain go away on a specific route? There's literally ONE horde on ONE route in the entire first half of the game I need to EV train Defense and it's raining on that route, so how do you make the rain go away? Do you simply wait on the route until the rain goes away? Keep leaving the route and coming back? Save and quit? Rain doesn't last forever, so I just want to know what the criteria is for it. If it's time, I can wait, if it's resetting I can do that, all I need to know is what *it* is. Thanks!

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    How do you make rain go away on a specific route? There's literally ONE horde on ONE route in the entire first half of the game I need to EV train Defense and it's raining on that route, so how do you make the rain go away? Do you simply wait on the route until the rain goes away? Keep leaving the route and coming back? Save and quit? Rain doesn't last forever, so I just want to know what the criteria is for it. If it's time, I can wait, if it's resetting I can do that, all I need to know is what *it* is. Thanks!

You'll need to wait for it to go away, unfortunately. You don't have to go back and forth the route to make the rain go away, or fly and come back, because you can wait it out in the raining route. So yeah, you can stay in the raining route and wait for it to disappear. It usually only takes a few minutes for the rain to go away. :/

Years
    • Age 45
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    You'll need to wait for it to go away, unfortunately. You don't have to go back and forth the route to make the rain go away, or fly and come back, because you can wait it out in the raining route. So yeah, you can stay in the raining route and wait for it to disappear. It usually only takes a few minutes for the rain to go away. :/

Okay good, I was wondering about that because it was literally raining the entire day that day, and occasionally it stopped, I got 3 battles in and then it started raining again. It's so dumb that there's only ONE horde in the entire first half of the game that gives Def Evs. Although in fairness Gamefreak maybe didn't think about the hordes being used as super training staples. The worst was when I FINALLY got onto a route with no rain, I opened my menu to select the pokemon with Sweet Scent and used it, and as soon as the screen came back from the menu screen it was raining again and ofcourse Sweet Scent failed. So frustrating!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back