• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A Thread v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

jagjaguwar

Slowpokérus
Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2023
    That's likely because they were traded from OR/AS, since the pentagon is present for any Pokemon caught within a 6th Gen game. Hope that clears things up.

Ohhh, so the blue pentagon is a 6th Gen thing and not strictly Kalos itself? I have a case of the stupids, I'm sorry.

Thanks for the quick response Hikamaru! :15:

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    So I have a few random Pokémon that I obtained through Wonder Trades a couple of weeks back, and they have Kalos Pentagons but it also says "Seems to have been met in the Hoenn region".
    This doesn't make any sense to me.

Can someone help clear this up for me?

That's likely because they were traded from OR/AS, since the pentagon is present for any Pokemon caught within a 6th Gen game. Hope that clears things up.

Ohhh, so the blue pentagon is a 6th Gen thing and not strictly Kalos itself? I have a case of the stupids, I'm sorry.

Thanks for the quick response Hikamaru! :15:

Merged with XY Quick Q&A!

Years
  • question

Been looking for a Pokemon with a certain ability. If I have another Pokemon in the same egg group that shares a common ability that both can have. Can I breed them to get the ability I want on the Pokemon I want?

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Been looking for a Pokemon with a certain ability. If I have another Pokemon in the same egg group that shares a common ability that both can have. Can I breed them to get the ability I want on the Pokemon I want?

Nope. Like the species of pokemon, it is determined entirely by the female with one exception. On top of that, the way abilities work, the female could potentially have up to 3 abilities given to the offspring.

So there are either 1 or 2 normal abilities and when breeding, the offspring will usually have the ability the mother had and sometimes be born with the other ability instead. These can be swapped with the ability capsule if need be however. Now, with hidden abilities, this is the 3rd ability a pokemon can have and cannot be acquired unless you actually catch or otherwise have a pokemon that has the hidden ability. The pokemon with the hidden ability must be the one being bred because if the pokemon doesn't actively have a hidden ability, none of the offspring will either. Now, while the offspring will usually be born with the hidden ability of the mother, they can also be born with either of the normal abilities as well. But even if the father has the ability you want the offspring to have (either hidden or normal) it will never pass on it's ability to the offspring unless under one specific circumstance: Ditto

If you breed a male with a ditto, the offspring will be the species of the father or mother (whichever one isn't Ditto, as it can breed with both) and as long as the non ditto parent has the hidden ability, the offspring can be born with the hidden ability or one of the regular abiities. These are pretty much the only ways to get the abilities you want.

Years
  • Usually in order to guarantee the nature you want is passed down you would use an Everstone. I have no idea if this works when crossbreeding different species.

Years
  • Thank you. I was curious because I was breeding for perfect IV's and have many ditto with 2 perfect IV each and many of the natures but I have was hoping I could.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Usually in order to guarantee the nature you want is passed down you would use an Everstone. I have no idea if this works when crossbreeding different species.

Nature and ability are two different things, Everstone has nothing to do with ability, just nature.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2017
    Transferring Kyogre to X...

So it won't let you put Kyogre into the pokebank to transfer to X? Does anyone know why?

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    So it won't let you put Kyogre into the pokebank to transfer to X? Does anyone know why?

It won't let you put it into Pokebank or it won't let you transfer from pokebank into X? If the latter, it's because the Kyogre from ORAS knows a move (Origin Pulse I think) that is not in X so it can't be transferred. If it won't let your put it into pokebank FROM ORAS, then it's likely it was hacked and the online hack check won't allow it to be put into pokebank

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2017
    Ah ha. It's because it knows Origin Pulse. Just caught it a few hours ago so I know it isn't hacked. Thank you, Howmander.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Ah ha. It's because it knows Origin Pulse. Just caught it a few hours ago so I know it isn't hacked. Thank you, Howmander.

If you want to transfer it to X then just forget the move, in ORAS it's a normal level up move so the move reminder will be able to re teach the move whenever you bring that or any other Kyogre into ORAS

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2017
    Thanks, dude. I was just hoping it didn't have something to do with the Mega form it had or something.

IsaacTwentySeven

Shiny Electivire
    Years
  • So my Bisharp knew Sucker Punch, and I accidentally let it learn Metal Claw over SP. When I went to the move reminder in Dendemille, Sucker Punch was not on the list of moves to relearn, and I had to reset my game all the way to my last save, losing tons of progress. What's this about, anyone know?

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    So my Bisharp knew Sucker Punch, and I accidentally let it learn Metal Claw over SP. When I went to the move reminder in Dendemille, Sucker Punch was not on the list of moves to relearn, and I had to reset my game all the way to my last save, losing tons of progress. What's this about, anyone know?

Sucker Punch looks like an Egg Move for Bisharp. All 'mons cannot relearn their Egg Moves in Gen6 games if they're not caught/bred in Gen6.

destinedjagold

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Thing is - it is a KB mon, so I don't know why SP was missing.

Then it's a question of legality then. Is it hacked? While you cannot trade/receive obvious hacked 'mons online, you can though offline/local trade. Or you can even get one yourself with how easy it is these days. If it's indeed hacked, then Sucker Punch was probably not inputted in its 4 relearn slot (for Egg Moves).

If you are certain that you got it legitimately, then I have no idea why it cannot relearn Sucker Punch...

IsaacTwentySeven

Shiny Electivire
    Years
  • Then it's a question of legality then. Is it hacked? While you cannot trade/receive obvious hacked 'mons online, you can though offline/local trade. Or you can even get one yourself with how easy it is these days. If it's indeed hacked, then Sucker Punch was probably not inputted in its 4 relearn slot (for Egg Moves).

If you are certain that you got it legitimately, then I have no idea why it cannot relearn Sucker Punch...

Was a breeding request for me from RNC, who I am certain doesn't trade hacked mons, so I guess it's a mystery, huh?

destinedjagold

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Was a breeding request for me from RNC, who I am certain doesn't trade hacked mons, so I guess it's a mystery, huh?

Probably. I'm scratching my head over here as I really don't know why that happened. And if it's from RNC, then that meant you traded online, so there was nothing wrong with the Pawniard/Bisharp... :/

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    I am FINALLY read to catch Moltres in my Y game, however, I am debating what nature it should be. Initially I was just going to be Modest and that was that, but considering it's second highest stat is Att I am wondering if I should be trying to make use of that because it seems like a waste to not use the Att stat, however I am having a hard time trying to find any support for a mixed Moltres online as I can't find anyone who has attempted it and therefore can't find any ideas for nature ideas. Can anyone offer suggestions for how I should train a mixed Moltres? I really want to make use of that Att stat because, as I stated, it seems like a waste not to,but other opinions would be great. thank you!

Oh, and as some perspective, my initial thought if I went with mixed was to have Sky Attack on it (it would be holding power herb) and the rest of it's moves were going to be Sunny Day, Heat Wave and Solarbeam just in case anyone was curious. Power Herb was obviously for Sky Attack, but if I'm ever in a battle where I don't think I have time to pull of Sunny Day first, it can also be sued for Solar Beam instead if needed.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back