• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A Thread v3

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    (Yes, I saw the thread about announcement about how people aren't allowed to ask for in game help in the battle section anymore, which is why I'm asking here, but this will ALSO be used for online battling as well)

What would the best physical dragon be to put Draco Meteor on? So I'm planning on having a physical dragon with Draco Meteor so that when it uses the move, ALL it's attacks don't suffer and then I need to switch out because of the stat drop. Practically all the dragons (except for Dragonite, Altaria and Druddigon) have been bred, so all my physical dragons have iether Jolly or Adamant natures, and there's really none I want to actually rebreed to lower one if their defenses solely in order to put Draco Meteor on, SO I'm actually looking for a physical dragon that happens to have high enough Sp Att with an Adamant or Jolly nature to make use of Draco Meteor.

The way I figure it, a lowered nature with Draco Meteor with it's BP of 130 might be as good as that same dragon using a move like Dragon Claw with a BP of 80, you know?

To further add confusion, I was also wanting to occasionally pair it up with a contrary Spinda with Skill Swap so that Draco Meteor would actually raise it's Sp Att, however, I would want it to be able to function on it's own if I couldn't do that for whatever reason, SO, what dragon would make the best use of Draco Meteor in this situation? I was really wanting Druddigon but it's Sp Att is so low that it likely wouldn't be worth it, but if I did, say, Rayquaza or Salamence (who have an Adamant or Jolly nature respectively) would their base Sp Att with no EV investment be good enough to do any kind of decent damage, or even then would the Sp Att be too low?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Mega Salamence and (Mega) Rayquaza would work yeah. Mega Garchomp would work as well. Other than that I don't think that there's any other dragons that could pull a mixed Draco Meteor set afaik.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    You can't, unfortunately. You will have to trade them from soul silver to blac/white/black2/white2 and THEN trade to Y

Jetfire

أربعة ملوك السماوية
    Years
    I'm currently having issues with my Y. Occasionally, it will freeze and prompt "Error has occured". I've gone to the eShop and repaired the software.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? Could it be the game or the 3DS itself?

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    I'm currently having issues with my Y. Occasionally, it will freeze and prompt "Error has occured". I've gone to the eShop and repaired the software.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? Could it be the game or the 3DS itself?

how old is your 3ds, specifically the sd card? might be time to get a new card and transfer the info over

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
    Years
    Is this Manaphy legit?

I just got a shiny Manaphy from wonder trade on my Y version and I'm wondering if it's legit or not.

It appears to be from Korea. I looked into it and found that there was an event Manaphy for OR/AS given away through serial codes in Korea last year. https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Korean_region_serial_code_event_Pok%C3%A9mon_distributions_in_Generation_VI#Water_Tribe_Manaphy

This Manaphy has a few similarities to the one on the Bulbapedia page. It has the same moveset, it was obtained on 20th July 2015, it's in a cherish ball and it was met at level 1 from "a Pokemon Movie". However, it has the OT name of Draco and the ID of 07236, one number off the actual ID. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure Pokemon received from mystery gift are shiny-locked (unless that particular event Pokemon is meant to be shiny), so I'm almost certain that my Manaphy isn't real. Is it even possible to hack Pokemon in gen 6?

destinedjagold

I do not exist.
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    I just got a shiny Manaphy from wonder trade on my Y version and I'm wondering if it's legit or not.

I just got a shiny Manaphy from wonder trade on my Y version

I just got a shiny Manaphy from wonder trade

a shiny Manaphy from wonder trade

That's a hack. Event and mythical Pokémon cannot be traded over the GTS nor through Wonder Trade, unless the hackers remove their ribbon and/or fateful encounter flag.

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
    Years
    Now that you mention it, I didn't see any ribbons. I forgot that ribbons stop them from being tradeable online. Thanks for letting me know.

Jetfire

أربعة ملوك السماوية
    Years
    how old is your 3ds, specifically the sd card? might be time to get a new card and transfer the info over

It's a couple years old. I strongly believe it's the SD card, so I appreciate your advice.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Did anyone else know about Flash's use in x and Y or was I the only one that didn't? I had no idea since I never came across a dark cave I never used a pokemon with the move, but today when I was looking at what moves I would need for Victory Road THAT'S when I found out the using Flash actually zooms the screen out when you're in caves (so you can see more of the area) and simultaneously decreases the wild encounter rate! BOTH of these would have helped me throughout the game, particularly the maze like caves. Any other moves (besides Waterfall, surf, rock smash, strength, fly, dig, teleport, sweet scent and cut which all have obvious obstacles you use them on) that would have helped me in the overworld in X and Y?

girlslikegirls

gamer, book lover, geek-nerd extraordinar
    Years
    • US
    • Seen May 17, 2016
    Stupid question time: I'm in the process of completing my Pokedex and want to catch every Pokemon possible in order to do so. That said, I was reading a list of Pokemon in Kantos and they were separated by their gen. The article implies that you need to have a certain game from a certain generation in order to have access to the Pokemon. Is this correct thinking? Or would I be able to catch Raticate for example, in the same game I catch Shinx?

Years
    Stupid question time: I'm in the process of completing my Pokedex and want to catch every Pokemon possible in order to do so. That said, I was reading a list of Pokemon in Kantos and they were separated by their gen. The article implies that you need to have a certain game from a certain generation in order to have access to the Pokemon. Is this correct thinking? Or would I be able to catch Raticate for example, in the same game I catch Shinx?

This guide could help you, since trading between all 6th Gen games can help you literally fill the National Dex for all non-mythical entries.

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
    Perhaps someone could help me, I'm trying to breed a Mime Jr. and I keep getting the message saying they play with other pokemon and not each other despite having a male and female mime jr. and switching one out for a ditto as well.

What am I doing wrong?

Years
    Perhaps someone could help me, I'm trying to breed a Mime Jr. and I keep getting the message saying they play with other pokemon and not each other despite having a male and female mime jr. and switching one out for a ditto as well.

What am I doing wrong?

Mime Jr. cannot breed, which is why you're getting that message. You'll have to evolve them into Mr. Mime before you can breed them, and then equip an Odd Incense to one of the Mr. Mime to produce a Mime Jr. egg.

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
    Mime Jr. cannot breed, which is why you're getting that message. You'll have to evolve them into Mr. Mime before you can breed them, and then equip an Odd Incense to one of the Mr. Mime to produce a Mime Jr. egg.

Ah brilliant! Thank you.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Absolutely, without exception, every single move set suggestion I can find on the internet for Bastiodon always has Sturdy as it's ability, but I was wondering if there's any point, because both it's defenses are so high isn't there only a rare few pokemon that are even capable of OHKO on it? Wouldn't immunity to moves be more useful than an ability that MIGHT work if it comes across a really strong pokemon? Genuinely want some opinions on this please, thank you!

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Absolutely, without exception, every single move set suggestion I can find on the internet for Bastiodon always has Sturdy as it's ability, but I was wondering if there's any point, because both it's defenses are so high isn't there only a rare few pokemon that are even capable of OHKO on it? Wouldn't immunity to moves be more useful than an ability that MIGHT work if it comes across a really strong pokemon? Genuinely want some opinions on this please, thank you!
    Unfortunately Bastiodon's massive Defense and Sp.Defense is offset by its low base 60 HP, lack of a non-Rest recovery move, and Rock/Steel being 4x weak to Fighting and Ground, common attacking types. So it's a bit easier to kill than you think it'd be.

All the moves Soundproof blocks are either stuff Bastiodon resists (including all 3 type changed Hyper Voices) or are extremely rare or are unreliable to begin with (Perish Song or Grass Whistle). There's Roar, but I don't think that people are generally gonna try to use Roar on Bastiodon. Heal Bell I'm not sure how it interacts with Soundproof really.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Unfortunately Bastiodon's massive Defense and Sp.Defense is offset by its low base 60 HP, lack of a non-Rest recovery move, and Rock/Steel being 4x weak to Fighting and Ground, common attacking types. So it's a bit easier to kill than you think it'd be.

All the moves Soundproof blocks are either stuff Bastiodon resists (including all 3 type changed Hyper Voices) or are extremely rare or are unreliable to begin with (Perish Song or Grass Whistle). There's Roar, but I don't think that people are generally gonna try to use Roar on Bastiodon. Heal Bell I'm not sure how it interacts with Soundproof really.

Huh, that's actually really good information to know, thanks!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back