• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sleeping Eevee

Let Sleeping Eves Lie
Years
  • Elow everyone.
    I wanna ask something, but first, intro~!

I've been saving up and I can finally buy myself a 3DS and Pokémon X or Y in December. It's going to be a Christmas Gift to myself (forever alone! ;_;).

But I'm wondering if it's already too late to join the X and Y fun.
    Should I still buy an X or Y (leaning closer to X atm) or just wait for a new version to come out?

If you don't buy the game, chances are you never will, and you'll never be able to experience the fun of the first 3DS pokemon games. These games are not even two months old! And as you can see, many discussions are going on about the game, just in this board. You'll be missing out if you don't buy them, believe me, but it's up to you if they're still worth it to buy.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • To add, Electabuzz is only available in an Electric Friend Safari, which is a post-game area, and you need to register the right person's Friend Code to even see Electabuzz in the first place. Tynamo, on the other hand, isn't available at all in X/Y till Poke Bank. Electric Pokemon available in X/Y pre-National Dex:
    -Pichu/Pikachu/Raichu
    -Voltorb/Electrode (former obtainable only by breeding)
    -Magnemite/Magneton/Magnezone (former obtainable only by breeding)
    -Jolteon
    -Mareep/Flaafy/Ampharos
    -Plusle
    -Minun
    -Pachirisu
    -Emolga
    -Electrike/Manectric (Y only)
    -Rotom (Tuesdays only)
    -Stunfisk
    -Helioptile/Heliolisk
    -Dedenne

Unfortunately, all of those available Electric types are special-based, and I need another physical-based Pokemon to balance my team. Here's what I currently have: Gogoat, Delphox, Blatoise, Pikachu, Sylveon, and Tyrantrum. I plan to use an Aegislash, a Gengar, or a Crobat for my Fairy counter, but I also need an Electric type to counter Gyarados, because Tyrantrum isn't fast enough to take it down, especially with its Mega Evolution. I also need Sylveon for Dragon immunity.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Unfortunately, all of those available Electric types are special-based, and I need another physical-based Pokemon to balance my team. Here's what I currently have: Gogoat, Delphox, Blatoise, Pikachu, Sylveon, and Tyrantrum. I plan to use an Aegislash, a Gengar, or a Crobat for my Fairy counter, but I also need an Electric type to counter Gyarados, because Tyrantrum isn't fast enough to take it down, especially with its Mega Evolution. I also need Sylveon for Dragon immunity.
    Jolteon is enough to take down Gyarados because it outspeeds and OHKOs its regular form with STAB Thunderbolt, despite Gyarados' high Special Defense. Its Mega form is somewhat more manageable in terms of type advantage, so Gogoat could work, though it may take some heavy damage in the process.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I have a female Marill with an Adamant nature, Belly Drum, and Aqua Jet (thank you Japanese Wonder Traders!). But it has Thick Fat and not Huge Power, so I need to breed one with Huge Power. Will Belly Drum and Aqua Jet be passed down if I breed it with a Ditto, or do I have to breed it with a male Marill (that won't know the moves btw)?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I have a female Marill with an Adamant nature, Belly Drum, and Aqua Jet (thank you Japanese Wonder Traders!). But it has Thick Fat and not Huge Power, so I need to breed one with Huge Power. Will Belly Drum and Aqua Jet be passed down if I breed it with a Ditto, or do I have to breed it with a male Marill (that won't know the moves btw)?

It doesn't matter who the other parent is.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • You could also just Wonder Trade for a few hours and then buy mass Heart Scales from the Pokemiles club thing! That's what I did

Sounds efficient! I'm addicted to WT and actually did it for...I wanna say an hour solid before bed last night. XD Could someone explain Pokemiles to me?

When breeding for Scatterbug with non-native Vivillon (basically, Vivillon you got from other people that are not your native pattern), will the Scatterbug still evolve as part of your region or a parent region? I figure the former, similar to hatching eggs from a foreign and native parent, the offspring is native, but I'd just like to be sure. Thanks!

Years
  • Sounds efficient! I'm addicted to WT and actually did it for...I wanna say an hour solid before bed last night. XD Could someone explain Pokemiles to me?

When breeding for Scatterbug with non-native Vivillon (basically, Vivillon you got from other people that are not your native pattern), will the Scatterbug still evolve as part of your region or a parent region? I figure the former, similar to hatching eggs from a foreign and native parent, the offspring is native, but I'd just like to be sure. Thanks!
    It will evolve into the pattern of your region unfortunately. I tried it out myself, I wish we could breed Vivillon patterns like that :/

Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2013
    Help with my Vivillon?

I have a level 71 Vivillon that I've had since near the beginning of the game, and while it has proven occasionally effective, it seems to be the Pokemon that faints the most in my party. The current moves are Bug Buzz, Infestation, Double Team and Hurricane. I have it holding an item that boosts it special defense. Is there any other way though I can make Vivillon more effective? Or, have I chosen one of the generally weaker Pokemon?

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
  • Most first route bugs are weak, sadly Vivillion is no different. With 50 in both its defenses and a mere 80 in Hp this pokemon will faint a lot in higher level places....but if you like it use it.

Only thing I can think of is, Sleep powder and Dream Eater. This might extend its life a bit, if it doesn't get OHKO'd.

Years
  • Does anyone know if Electabuzz or Tynamo are available in the Mountain Dex? Because I have too many special-based Pokemon on my team, but I also need an electric type to counter Gyarados, so I need to replace Pikachu with either of those two, who are physical-based.

you can go attacked based pikachu... i can even get you one with volt tackle if you want

Moltres Rider

Banned
    Years
  • is it true that there is a hacked Pokémon going through the Wonder Trade that will mess up your game if you have it too long and the only way to avoid it is send it to someone else until Game Freak fixes the hacked Pokémon glitch??? there are posts about it on Facebook and now I'm scared to use the Wonder Trade!!!

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
  • is it true that there is a hacked Pokémon going through the Wonder Trade that will mess up your game if you have it too long and the only way to avoid it is send it to someone else until Game Freak fixes the hacked Pokémon glitch??? there are posts about it on Facebook and now I'm scared to use the Wonder Trade!!!

This is likely a hoax...as I've been wonder trading a lot and never encountered anything like this...nor have I seen any reports on reputable sites.

Outlier

I bought my copy of X less than a week ago. Was there a recall of the games once Nintendo found out about the glitch? Or is that patch from the 3DS store the only way to solve it? Do they expect everyone who bought their game to have wifi because I for one don't.

So basically what I wanna know is if the newer shipments of the games will still have this glitch.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I bought my copy of X less than a week ago. Was there a recall of the games once Nintendo found out about the glitch? Or is that patch from the 3DS store the only way to solve it? Do they expect everyone who bought their game to have wifi because I for one don't.

So basically what I wanna know is if the newer shipments of the games will still have this glitch.

I'm not sure if the patch comes pre-installed with newer version of these games or not, but it most likely doesn't. If you don't have wi-fi at home, then why not go to a store that offers it (such as McDonald's) and download it from there? The file isn't very big, so it'd take you only a few seconds. If I was in your shoes, that's what I'd do. d: By any chance, if they do come with this update, then you wouldn't need to do anything—you're good. One way to see if your game does have this update or not would by getting into Lumiose and saving. This may be a bit risky, but…

Also, since this is a question, I'm merging your thread with X/Y Quick Q&A.

Last edited:

Outlier

Okay thanks, here's another quick q, how do I setup wifi? Lol im stupid.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Okay thanks, here's another quick q, how do I setup wifi? Lol im stupid.

First, visit your home-menu and click on the "system settings" button. Once you're there, select "internet settings." Now, you should be taken to a page with three options; choose "connection settings." After that, "new connection," "manual setup," then "search for an access point." If your 3DS is able to detect wi-fi connections, then it should be giving you a list of those in close range. After that, tap on a connection that has an unlocked icon. You won't cannot use the ones that are locked, unless, of course, you know their passwords. :b When you're done, your settings should be saved and you are ready to connect to the internet! If it doesn't work, then do a network test and try to figure out what's wrong.

Last edited:

Outlier

First, visit your home-menu and click on the "system setting" button. Once you're there, select "internet settings." Now, you should be taken to a page with three options; choose "connection settings." After that, "new connection," "manual setup," then "search for an access point." If your 3DS is able to detect wi-fi connections, then it should be giving you a list of those in close range. After that, tap on a connection that has an unlocked icon. You won't cannot use the ones that are locked, unless, of course, you know their passwords. :b When you're done, your settings should be saved and you are ready to connect to the internet! If it doesn't work, then do a network test and try to figure out what's wrong.

Thanks man. One last question. If I go to let's say a McDonalds and connect to their wifi service, will I have to go to that McDonalds every time I wanna download event pokemon or trade with people from other countries?

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2022
    Thanks man. One last question. If I go to let's say a McDonalds and connect to their wifi service, will I have to go to that McDonalds every time I wanna download event pokemon or trade with people from other countries?

If the McDonalds is your only WiFi source, then yes. You have to stay connected to a WiFi network in order to use the trade/battle/event features.

Mithel_Celestia

Alluring Illusion
    Years
  • I bought my copy of X less than a week ago. Was there a recall of the games once Nintendo found out about the glitch? Or is that patch from the 3DS store the only way to solve it? Do they expect everyone who bought their game to have wifi because I for one don't.

Try checking the bottom screen on the main menu. The version info is there and if it says version 1.1 then its updated.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back