• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluestars83

Your friendly neighborhood Ace Trainer :)
Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 6, 2016
    Perfect breeding help

I can't seem to find a post relative to this so i made a new thread. if it needs to be moved then please do.

I decided to start on perfect breeding. I've read up on everything relating to it, but i'm having issues with getting natures. I read that it's best to go to friend safari with a synchronize pokemon leading your party. I'm doin that but i only seem to catch Timid dittos all the time. Is there another/better way to collect different natured dittos?

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2014
    Is the pokemon that has synchronize got a timid nature? (Silly question but thought I'd check). Synchronize is just a 50% chance you encounter a pokemon with the same nature as the one with the synchronize ability, to my understanding, so you should see some dittos with different natures...

bluestars83

Your friendly neighborhood Ace Trainer :)
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 6, 2016
    Is the pokemon that has synchronize got a timid nature? (Silly question but thought I'd check). Synchronize is just a 50% chance you encounter a pokemon with the same nature as the one with the synchronize ability, to my understanding, so you should see some dittos with different natures...

I'm not sure to be honest. I just read that that is what's best to do to get different natures. Is it just better to look normally without a synchronize pokemon? I mean i have a few natures already but ideally i wanna get all natures to ready for any breeding need.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    I'm not sure to be honest. I just read that that is what's best to do to get different natures. Is it just better to look normally without a synchronize pokemon? I mean i have a few natures already but ideally i wanna get all natures to ready for any breeding need.

I'm sorry but how can you not be sure? Just check. Look at the pokemon you already have with Synchronize in their summary screen, then push right on the control pad or control stick and you will see a second screen that tells you their nature, where they were found and their characteristic. And also just to be sure, you know Dittos don't have synchronize, right? I think the only ones in Gen 6 that have synchronize are the Abra line, the Natu line, the Ralts Line, the Munna line and Espeon and Umbreon. You need to have one of those leading your party and whatever nature they have will have a 50% chance of encountering wild pokemon with the same nature.

Now, in order to GET the pokemon with the natures you want, yes, you need to go hunting WITHOUT a pokemon with Synchronise at the head of your party. (meaning you can only go looking for Ralts or Abra in the wild, and Xatu or Munna in Friend Safari) and since Abras are rare, you'd be better off looking for Ralts (unless you have a friend Safari with Xatu or Munna. Going on this thought, you also COULD catch a bunch of Eevees and then evolve them to Espeon or Umbreon, but that would take a much larger amount of time than just looking for Ralts) once you get a few Ralts, starts trading them on the GTS until you start getting natures you want. Or put a male and female Ralts into daycare and just start collecting eggs.

Years
  • The guy that did the write up where he put a big emphasis on synchronize, wasn't talking about using synchronize to catch your dittos. He was saying use it to catch the pokemon you want to breed with the ditto to have a better chance at getting your nature. It really doesn't matter what nature your ditto is for perfect breeding, you want 4-5 IVs on your ditto, 6 would be great but super rare, so you would need another ditto that has the perfect IVs your other perfect IV ditto lacks. You want the nature you desire to be on the pkmn you intend to breed so you can everstone lock it.

Now if you want just a ditto of every nature for breeding precursors so you don't have to go waste poke balls on trying to get a certain nature pkmn and instead ever stone your ditto, then use the offspring with the IV ditto? In that case... don't use synchronize. Go to a ditto safari or the pkmn retreat place outside of snowbelle and carry about 99 quick balls and 99 repeat balls ( fastest way ) and catch yourself about two yo three boxes of dittos ( no need to fly to a center and check everyone just bite the bullet and prepare for mind numbing boredom ) and then sift through your results... while your at it you just might end up with a 6 IV ditto if your lucky. I filled two boxes and got all the natures, got a couple 5 Iv dittos but sadly I haven't caught a max perfect one yet...

WhereAngelsLie

Lord Stars
    Years
  • [Breeding Help] Hidden Ability Inheritance

From what I've read,

a) Female Pokemon can pass on Hidden Abilities.
    b) Male Pokemon can pass on Hidden Abilities when breeding with Dittos.

so the question is, if I have a female without HA and a male with HA, both different species with the same egg group, would the (female species) offspring have a chance of getting its Hidden Ability?

Thanks for answering this newbie's question.

((I know I just said that males can pass HA when breeding with Dittos, but I just want to double check if my scenario is possible or not *anticipates "didn't you answer your own question?" replies*))

famillan

Addicted.
    Years
    • PA
    • Seen Dec 29, 2014
    Someone had this same queries with his Growlithe learning Close Combat from Mankey. He bred a male Mankey with a female Growlithe and got the father's HA after some time. Also, it doesn't matter what the gender of the offspring will be, but if you want a female to get the HA you want from the father, it's going to be a trial and error because it's going to be random.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    From what I've read,

a) Female Pokemon can pass on Hidden Abilities.
    b) Male Pokemon can pass on Hidden Abilities when breeding with Dittos.

so the question is, if I have a female without HA and a male with HA, both different species with the same egg group, would the (female species) offspring have a chance of getting its Hidden Ability?

Thanks for answering this newbie's question.

((I know I just said that males can pass HA when breeding with Dittos, but I just want to double check if my scenario is possible or not *anticipates "didn't you answer your own question?" replies*))

Someone had this same queries with his Growlithe learning Close Combat from Mankey. He bred a male Mankey with a female Growlithe and got the father's HA after some time. Also, it doesn't matter what the gender of the offspring will be, but if you want a female to get the HA you want from the father, it's going to be a trial and error because it's going to be random.

I've bred a box full of Pokemon with an HA daddy. Out of the 30 Pokemon 0 had Hidden abilities. (Was trying for HA Skrelp)

From my testing only Ditto will allow the father and Genderless Pokemon to pass on HA. Breeding two of the same species and breeding two Pokemon in the same Egg Group don't seem to produce HA eggs when its just the Father with the HA and no Ditto mother. Ditto doesn't produce HA with a HA mother apparently either. My box of Eevee didn't give any HAs when done with a Ditto and Femal Eevee. With a 60% drop, some should have been HA.

BossBattle

Legend Hunter
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2013
    I've bred a box full of Pokemon with an HA daddy. Out of the 30 Pokemon 0 had Hidden abilities. (Was trying for HA Skrelp)

From my testing only Ditto will allow the father and Genderless Pokemon to pass on HA. Breeding two of the same species and breeding two Pokemon in the same Egg Group don't seem to produce HA eggs when its just the Father with the HA and no Ditto mother. Ditto doesn't produce HA with a HA mother apparently either. My box of Eevee didn't give any HAs when done with a Ditto and Femal Eevee. With a 60% drop, some should have been HA.

About the pairing of Ditto + HA female, it does work. I've bred a batch of Tangelas, with Regenerator, with this pairing just a few hours ago; so I'm positive it does. The RNG for the Ditto + HA female pair must of been incredibly terrible for you I have to say, lol. Though it seems I'm having similar luck trying to get the 5th flawless IV on my Tangelas :P

Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2014
    Two questions:
    What is RNG?
    How do I increase the chance of females hatching from eggs? 50 Snorlax eggs, only one female :(

Two questions:
    What is RNG?
    How do I increase the chance of females hatching from eggs? 50 Snorlax eggs, only one female :(

Last edited:

famillan

Addicted.
    Years
    • PA
    • Seen Dec 29, 2014

I see. Also, with the female having HAs it just passes to the offsprings with no trouble... Then, you're right about the fact about the father only passing its HA to the child through Ditto.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Two questions:
    What is RNG?

RNG stands for Random Number Generator. It's a part of most games, and it is involved with chance events. It's notorious for being fickle, blessing you one day, then hating you the next.

Snorlax has a gender ration of 87.5% male, 12.5% female. So that's why you've gotten so few females. Though you should've gotten 5 or 6 of 'em, but thats the RNG for ya. And there's nothing you can do to make it more likely to got one gender or the other.

Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2014
    Ok thanks, new question:
    Does Synchonise help with getting pokemon with the same nature from an egg?
    For example a modest Ralts helps hatch modest eggs?

Ok thanks, new question:

^ Why do my posts do this?

Last edited:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Ok thanks, new question:

Ok thanks, new question:

Synchronize helps you get wild Pokemon of the same nature as the Synchronizer. If you wanna pass down one of the parent's natures to the baby, give it an Everstone.

If you have a Modest Synchronize Ralts in the front of your party, there's a 50-50 chance any wild Pokemon you encounter will be Modest.

If you give a Jolly Garchomp an Everstone, the baby Gibles you get from breeding it will all have Jolly natures.

And you might wanna go find a mod or an admin about your double posting troubles. Sometimes the system does that to people.

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
    Years
  • Ok thanks, new question:

Ok thanks, new question:

If you make two posts within 15 minutes of each other the posts will merge.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back