• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamStyle

Mega Bidoof
Years
  • "The second season runs with a ruleset that matches the recently announced rules for the Pokémon Video Game Championships. All Pokémon within the Kalos Pokédex are allowed, including Mega Evolutions, except for the legendary Pokémon. In addition to that, players are restricted to use Pokémon that were caught or hatched in Pokémon X & Y only, meaning Pokémon in the Kalos Pokédex which were transferred to Pokémon X & Y via Pokémon Bank are ineligible."

I saw this on serebii and was wondering does this mean that i can transfer across a mudkip via bank which is obviously not a kalos pokemon but if i breed it and hatch the egg could i use the hatched mudkip in the rating battles?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    "The second season runs with a ruleset that matches the recently announced rules for the Pokémon Video Game Championships. All Pokémon within the Kalos Pokédex are allowed, including Mega Evolutions, except for the legendary Pokémon. In addition to that, players are restricted to use Pokémon that were caught or hatched in Pokémon X & Y only, meaning Pokémon in the Kalos Pokédex which were transferred to Pokémon X & Y via Pokémon Bank are ineligible."

I saw this on serebii and was wondering does this mean that i can transfer across a mudkip via bank which is obviously not a kalos pokemon but if i breed it and hatch the egg could i use the hatched mudkip in the rating battles?

Nope. It has to be a Pokemon that can be caught in Kalos (including the Friend Safari) or bred from a Pokemon caught in Kalos. Even though that Mudkip was born in Kalos, its still not a species that is native to Kalos.

But fortunately, there's something like 500 Pokemon that qualify as "native to Kalos", so you still have a large selection of pokes to pick from.

Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2014
    hi guys

I'm trying to IV breed a Charmander and i'm partly there all i need is a female Charmander and its taking a while to get one with the right IV's, i know that Charmanders gender ratio is like 12% for a female so most of the eggs are males.

does breeding with a Ditto favor the gender of the other Pokemon used with the Ditto or does it carry its standard gender ration? say if i breed a female Charmander with a Ditto will i have a better chance in getting females or does it remain unchanged?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    hi guys

I'm trying to IV breed a Charmander and i'm partly there all i need is a female Charmander and its taking a while to get one with the right IV's, i know that Charmanders gender ratio is like 12% for a female so most of the eggs are males.

does breeding with a Ditto favor the gender of the other Pokemon used with the Ditto or does it carry its standard gender ration? say if i breed a female Charmander with a Ditto will i have a better chance in getting females or does it remain unchanged?

Breeding with Dittos doesn't alter the gender ratio. Would be nice if it did, but it doesn't.

Miau

If I fits...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2022
    hi guys

The gender ratio won't change, so you still only have 12.5% to get a female.

What you could do is get a male Pokemon with Cute Charm and a Friend Safari with Charmeleon. If you lead with the male with Cute Charm in your party, you have a ~2/3 chances that the wild Pokemon you encounter will be female, regardless of their species original gender ratio.

Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2014
    The gender ratio won't change, so you still only have 12.5% to get a female.

What you could do is get a male Pokemon with Cute Charm and a Friend Safari with Charmeleon. If you lead with the male with Cute Charm in your party, you have a ~2/3 chances that the wild Pokemon you encounter will be female, regardless of their species original gender ratio.

Cool, Thanks :) i will hatch this last batch of eggs and see what i get and if not i will take a look into this cute charm and find a fire type safari :)

Thanks for the help

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Anyone had luck with Synchronize in in game event Pokemon?

So I'm trying to get a brave female Snorlax and the first time I fought it with a brave Ralts in front of my party just to see if it worked and I indeed got a Brave Snorlax however it was Male so I reset. 3 female snorlaxes later and I never once got a brave one, so I'm wondering, has anyone had luck with the in game event pokemon such as Snorlax, Yveltal, Xerneas (and so on) with a Synchronize pokemon at the head of your party, or do those battles always have random natures regardless of your lead pokemon?

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Synchronize only has a 50% chance of passing on nature, so it's not guaranteed. Now if the next 50 Snorlax aren't Brave, I'd be worried haha.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Like Flushed said, it's a 50% chance. I used my Modest Ralts with Sychronize to land me a Modest Dragalage. I never bothered to try it on any of the in-game event encounters, but it should still work the same way. Going ahead and moving this in the the Quick Q&A, since there isn't a whole lot of discussion that can come from this question.

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2013
    This is a bit of a noob question. ^^ What is the quickest way to get enough friendship to evolve Togepi? I want to breed a togekiss but this is killing me!

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2013
    Thanks a lot guys. I planted some berries and am currently running with the 2 togepi's I want to breed in Lumiose while also growing berries in the farm. I think the berry part will take too long though :(

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
  • Thanks a lot guys. I planted some berries and am currently running with the 2 togepi's I want to breed in Lumiose while also growing berries in the farm. I think the berry part will take too long though :(

There's also Colorful Shakes, Soothing Bags and the Massages in Cyllage city.
    I prefer using the bags. 2 of those and a massage and you're done.

Years
    • Seen Mar 16, 2014
    pokerus

so i got a butterfree with pokerus on wonder trade and already have given other of my pokemon pokerus. does pokerus still effect a pokemon in ev training even though ev training is very easy now?

BossBattle

Legend Hunter
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2013
    Pokerus will affect your poke's EVs anytime they gain exp. It will not affect your EV gains in Super training though.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    so i got a butterfree with pokerus on wonder trade and already have given other of my pokemon pokerus. does pokerus still effect a pokemon in ev training even though ev training is very easy now?

BossBattle's right; PokéRus affects you only when you're gaining experience. It doesn't have any affect on Super-Training, unfortunately. I'm merging your topic with X/Y Quick Q&A, by the way. For further questions, please don't make new threads; post replies there instead. d:

Merged.

Outlier

Okay I just got wifi working. How many times can I access the Torchic event? I want to keep trying until I get one with good IV's and the nature I want.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Okay I just got wifi working. How many times can I access the Torchic event? I want to keep trying until I get one with good IV's and the nature I want.

You can only get the event Torchic once per save file.

Also, you can soft-reset for a good-natured/IVed Torchic. Save in front of the delivery girl while you have an empty slot in the team, then talk to her to get the Torchic. If it's not up to your standards, reset and try again. Torchic's IVs and nature will change each time you restart and receive the Torchic.

Outlier

You can only get the event Torchic once per save file.

Also, you can soft-reset for a good-natured/IVed Torchic. Save in front of the delivery girl while you have an empty slot in the team, then talk to her to get the Torchic. If it's not up to your standards, reset and try again. Torchic's IVs and nature will change each time you restart and receive the Torchic.

Oh thank god you just saved me from starting a new game for the third time. So as long as I don't save after using the mystery gift I can keep using it until I get the Torchic I want?

Don't worry I got it now, wow my first event Pokemon. Now time for hours of frustrating soft resets.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back