• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    So I'm thinking of maxing out HP and Attack, and throwing the rest in either Def or Sp. Def, since the speed boost will take care of speed itself....thoughts?

It's not a bad idea to put most of your EVs into Attack and HP, but I think you need to put some into Speed as well. Sixty would suffice, in my opinion. Also, make sure to teach your Blaziken Protect. With the help of it, you could stall your opponent for a turn and get your Speed boosted without being damaged at all.

Death

The Pale Horseman
    Years
  • Also, are the effects of the O-Powers noticeable at Level 3? Specifically with the Hatching Power and the EXP Power; would you consider the effects to be drastic at Level 3.

I don't know if I'd use the word 'drastic' but I would say the jump in efficiency between a level one O-power and a level 3 O-power is definitely noticeable and, in my opinion, worth the effort in increasing its level. Of course, I'm just talking about Hatching, Exp., and Prize Money powers since those are the only ones I've used on myself.

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    On top of that, it only counts if Blaziken was the first pokemon in battle, if you switch Blaziken in mid battle then Speed boost doesn't kick in until the end of the next turn, so there could potentially be TWO turns (the one it was switched in on, and the one after that were speed boost would finally take effect) where the naturally faster pokemon could get hits in.

This is only true if you switch a Pokemon out without it fainting. If one of your Pokemon faints and you send Blaziken in, then you'll get the boosts in the same way as you would if it were your first Pokemon. And who would switch in Blaziken unless they were sure it wouldn't take a hit? It has terrible defences.

In fact, according to Serebii, there's 121 pokemon that would be faster than Blaziken, and that's with both Blaziken and all the other pokemon having maxed stats, so that first move could be critical, especially if you aren't giving EVs in speed, that list could grow (with no IVs as well) to more than 300 pokemon that outspeed it

One word: Protect.

RubyTheMaster

RubyTheMaster
    Years
  • Breeding Woes

I am trying to get a Scolipede (lvl. 44) to breed with a Drapion (lvl. 49) so I can have a Scolipede with Toxic Spikes (and they CAN breed with each other). The problem is, I've put them in the Day-Care together at the levels specified above, and after asking the Day-Care man outside, he says they don't seem to like each other. Does this matter? Will they warm up to each other, and I just need to run around in-game a bit? Do I need to level up Scolipede more?
    Help would be most appreciated.

Thanks.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    I am trying to get a Scolipede (lvl. 44) to breed with a Drapion (lvl. 49) so I can have a Scolipede with Toxic Spikes (and they CAN breed with each other). The problem is, I've put them in the Day-Care together at the levels specified above, and after asking the Day-Care man outside, he says they don't seem to like each other. Does this matter? Will they warm up to each other, and I just need to run around in-game a bit? Do I need to level up Scolipede more?

Thanks.

it just means it will take a VERY long time to get an egg. Basically, you'll get an egg (EVENTUALLY!) as long as he doesn't say " they prefer to play with other pokemon" so, you know, maybe bike around the entire region and by the time you get back there MIGHT be an egg ;-)

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2020

Thanks.

Pokemon "don't like each other much" if they both have the same trainer ID (i.e. the same person caught them both), and it makes it take longer. The way to speed it up is to use a pokemon from someone else and one of your own pokemon.

Just go back and forth on the route. If I remember right, every 256 steps there's a 10% chance that they'll make a baby.

iTeruri

iAm
    Years
  • What exactly does Flower Veil protect against? My Gogoat couldn't be Toxiced because of my Florges' ability, eventhough it's description only states it protects against the lowering of stats. Neither Bulbapedia nor Serebii mention anything about Toxic or status effects in general, so I'm a bit confused why Gogoat couldn't be Toxic'ed. Does it protect my Gogoat from all mayor status effects?

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    What exactly does Flower Veil protect against? My Gogoat couldn't be Toxiced because of my Florges' ability, eventhough it's description only states it protects against the lowering of stats. Neither Bulbapedia nor Serebii mention anything about Toxic or status effects in general, so I'm a bit confused why Gogoat couldn't be Toxic'ed. Does it protect my Gogoat from all mayor status effects?

I've heard that Flower Veil also protects against status conditions, yes. I haven't tried it out myself though. I find it strange that it isn't mentioned on Bulbapedia or Serebii.

Phangy

Master
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2014
    Can anyone help me with some IV breeding? I got charmander up to 3 IV's, HP, attack and speed, but can't seem to get anything more.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back