• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I heard you could get them through Super Training, but doesn't it take quite a while to get hold of them that way?

I didn't know you could buy them in Lumiose City - are they quite expensive?

The only ones available in Lumiose are the Fire, Water, Leaf, and I think Thunder Stones. The others can be obtained through Super Training...but the game likes to give you Hard Stones more often than evolutionary stones.

Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2014
    You can only buy the water fire and Grass stone from lumiose city fyi. You can't buy them all there. Super training is the best way and faster once you know what you are doing lol. Here are my choices:
    Fire : growlithe
    Water: eevee
    Thunder: pikachu
    Grass: weepinbell
    Moon: either nidorino or nidorina
    Sun: helioptile
    Shiny: togetic
    Dusk: doublade
    Dawn: male kirlia
    Hope this helps!

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2014
    You can only buy the water fire and Grass stone from lumiose city fyi. You can't buy them all there. Super training is the best way and faster once you know what you are doing lol. Here are my choices:
    Hope this helps!

Thank you. I already have a Raichu - the Thunder stone will evolve Evee too won't it?

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    On the previous page, somebody mentioned Ribbon Legendaries. I just want to know what they are :(
    The removal of the first time I asked this kind of ruined my attempt of an answer anyway :(
    From the context on last page, I assume they are only talking about Pokemon with ribbons. For example, if you download a Pokemon from PokeCheck, it's given a ribbon so it cannot be traded on GTS or Wonder Trade. Not all ribbons are bad though, obviously when you win the championship you get a ribbon that doesn't affect its trade status.

I really need a Haunter (I evolved mine into Gengar). My friend offered to trade me one but as it evolves when traded (and the B button cancelling method didn't work) could my friend trade me a Haunter holding an Everstone to prevent it evolving and I then return the Everstone by trading him another Pokemon back holding it?
    Everstone should stop trade evolution.

Years
    Hope this helps!

Alongside the options he mentioned, some more good candidates to use the Dusk and Shiny Stones on include Lampent and Roselia respectively. Chandelure and Roserade are good Pokemon in my opinion and they never let me down. Plus, Floette evolves into Florges with the Shiny Stone, and it gets a lot of Sp. Attack and Sp. Defense when it evolves.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Thanks :) I will try this, would rather trade for a Haunter than go and look for one and catch it.

I'm not sure if you're trying to catch one or just for the Dex Entry, but receiving one from trade should register it.

If you just want Haunter though for other reasons, disregard this post haha.

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2014
    Alongside the options he mentioned, some more good candidates to use the Dusk and Shiny Stones on include Lampent and Roselia respectively. Chandelure and Roserade are good Pokemon in my opinion and they never let me down. Plus, Floette evolves into Florges with the Shiny Stone, and it gets a lot of Sp. Attack and Sp. Defense when it evolves.

I evolved my Roselia with the Shiny Stone the other day, I was still undecided about the others, but have a better idea about what to do now :D

UseTheRNGLuke

The RNG is strong in this one.
    Years
    • Seen May 25, 2014
    This is just a question out of natural curiosity. With the addition of the judge also flagging stats which have 0 IVs in them, I couldn't help wondering what the judge would say for a hex-terrible Pokemon. Supposedly, he'd say its strengths are everything but its weaknesses are also everything. But that doesn't make any sense. If anyone has a hex terrible please can you tell me what the judge says about it?

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2014
    I'm not sure if you're trying to catch one or just for the Dex Entry, but receiving one from trade should register it.

If you just want Haunter though for other reasons, disregard this post haha.

I'm trying to catch as many as I can and have as many different Pokemon as I can in the boxes! :D

Years
    1. Catch mewtwo
    2. Catch Zygarde
    3. Catch your kanto legendary bird
    4. Battle maison
    5. Max out your nobility at battle château
    6. Looker missions
    7. Complete the kalos dex and receive the oval charm ( helps day care man find more eggs )
    8. Pick up the poke radar at floor 2 of sycamore lab
    9. Max out your style and get hatching power from bonding guy in lumiose
    10. Cross mutate to get all Berry's in the berry fields
    11. Go back to glittering cave and get older gen fossils using rock smash
    12. Work on getting the strange suvineer ( for whatever purpose it may have )
    13. Get all the mega evolution stones
    14. Complete the nat dex to get the shiny charm
    15. Wait for event pokemon

Years
    Florges
    Aegislash
    Really to get to the games in super training to get the stones just open up your super training with a Pokémon that gas max Evs and you can skip all the other EV games and go straight into super training ( greninja is a good fast one for super training ) you will need to unlock the secret super training one after another though

HoennTM

Will my hack be done soon? Probably not.
    Years
    Yeah I do. Serebii confirmed that shiny rates have dropped to somewhere in the 4000's instead of 8192.
    In the Friend Safari it is believed that the shiny chances are 1/2000 and if you are online, and you are in the safari of a person who is also online, the shiny chances are 1/1000. (I don't know if this part is accurate, it is just what i've heard.)

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Trade the Giratina. Telepathy is worthless in singles. Giratina's regular abilities are better (Pressure for Altered, Levitate for Origin).

I do thank you for your opinion, but are you basing on whether I should trade SOLELY on it's ability? (Which I got messaged on Facebook and was confirmed by Serebii that that hidden ability ONLY applies to the Altered Forme , Origin Forme still has Levitate https://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/487.shtml Bulbapedia could have been clearer! :-S https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Giratina_(Pokémon) ) it's Ivs don't factor into the decision at all? I mean, I know they're far from perfect, but the last Giratina I had never had a single IV higher than 9 so this one (from an IV standpoint) was much better (Max attack and HP, both Defenses 26 or over). I do thank you for your opinion and would definitely like to hear more about it, but isn't trading something with good to great IVs for something for no reason other than a better ability but may have consistently terrible IVs with every trade a little over reactionary?

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2014
    1. Catch mewtwo
    2. Catch Zygarde
    3. Catch your kanto legendary bird
    4. Battle maison
    5. Max out your nobility at battle château
    6. Looker missions
    7. Complete the kalos dex and receive the oval charm ( helps day care man find more eggs )
    8. Pick up the poke radar at floor 2 of sycamore lab
    9. Max out your style and get hatching power from bonding guy in lumiose
    10. Cross mutate to get all Berry's in the berry fields
    11. Go back to glittering cave and get older gen fossils using rock smash
    12. Work on getting the strange suvineer ( for whatever purpose it may have )
    13. Get all the mega evolution stones
    14. Complete the nat dex to get the shiny charm
    15. Wait for event pokemon

This is great, thanks :D

You could always CatchEmAll...

I'm working on it! :)

Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2014
    Is there a way for scyther or scizor to learn bug bite? If not is there a good move to replace it that could take advatage of its technication ability?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I do thank you for your opinion, but are you basing on whether I should trade SOLELY on it's ability? (Which I got messaged on Facebook and was confirmed by Serebii that that hidden ability ONLY applies to the Altered Forme , Origin Forme still has Levitate https://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/487.shtml Bulbapedia could have been clearer! :-S https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Giratina_(Pokémon) ) it's Ivs don't factor into the decision at all? I mean, I know they're far from perfect, but the last Giratina I had never had a single IV higher than 9 so this one (from an IV standpoint) was much better (Max attack and HP, both Defenses 26 or over). I do thank you for your opinion and would definitely like to hear more about it, but isn't trading something with good to great IVs for something for no reason other than a better ability but may have consistently terrible IVs with every trade a little over reactionary?

The solution here is keep the Giratina, but only use it in its Origin Form, so you have a better ability since it can only have Levitate in that form (which should override the useless Telepathy).

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back