• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • There should be a 3rd. Just lemme know.

You are Ground Type: Dugtrio, Sandshrew. I don't know why there is no 3rd I thought there was always 3?

I went back in and you also have a Palpitoad.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Because ditto does not operate under the same ability mechanics as other pokemon. It's likely due to it being part of the Undiscovered egg group, and Game Freak not wanting to give you everything served on a silver platter.

Ditto is not part of the Undiscovered Egg Group. It exists in its own Egg Group only. Ditto will not gain the 3 IV bonus that the Undiscovered Egg Group Pokemon all have.

Ditto is special. It doesn't gain any real benefits from breeding simply because it can breed with (almost) everything.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I just had a random match in Battle spot.
    The match ended up being my low HP mega Pincir VS a Ferrothorn. I knew Iron barbs Would kill me, but I was interested in seeing what a draw was like when both our Pokemon fainted.
    So I fainted it with CC, it fainted FIRST, then I fainted. What happens?

I lost. What? Where is the logic in this? It was a draw! If not that, I should have won because FERROTHORN FAINTED FIRST!
    How does this result make any sense?
    I'm fairly certain there are tie conditions for a battle to go to a draw. And in other cases, stuff like recoil, Perish Song, and Iron Barbs would dictate who wins and who loses. Thus I would assume with Iron Barbs damage, that effectively takes place "before" the fainting of Ferrothorn, or something to that effect and you lost (I guess just me trying to explain the rationale, doesn't ultimately affect the decision though).

I have saved right after rejecting an egg at the day are man, the egg that I receive after this has the IVs I want for my pokemon, can I keep soft resetting until it become shiny? Will it always have the same IVs??
    Every egg you receive from this point on should be different if you soft reset. So yes you can get a shiny, but no, it's IVs aren't guaranteed to be the same.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    The match ended up being my low HP mega Pincir VS a Ferrothorn. I knew Iron barbs Would kill me, but I was interested in seeing what a draw was like when both our Pokemon fainted.

I lost. What? Where is the logic in this? It was a draw! If not that, I should have won because FERROTHORN FAINTED FIRST!

Seriously, this double posting glitch is starting to annoy me.

The way TPC and Gamefreak set up their rules, intentional loss with the attempt to tie so that you wouldn't suffer a loss penalty (lowering in rank) will always result in a loss for the user. Same thing happens if you used Self Destruct or Explosion to force a tie.

Actually getting a tie is incredibly hard on Pokemon games.

Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2014
    Every egg you receive from this point on should be different if you soft reset. So yes you can get a shiny, but no, it's IVs aren't guaranteed to be the same.

So using the RNG trick posted by Lilith (can't post links its on trade corner) and to keep soft resetting to where I rejected the egg I can't guarantee a shiny in the stats I want?

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2015
    I'm afraid that it doesn't work that way. If you want the Pokémon to hatch with its hidden ability, the female has to have it as well. The only other way to get it is by using a Ditto with a male & its hidden ability, & even then, it's a very small chance that it'll hatch with that ability.

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2014
    I think this will [article] will help you.

Basically, a perfect IV has a value of 31. IVs help determine the stats of a Pokemon.

Thanks for the info, will give that article a read.

Does anybody have a list/know where I can find a list of all the Pokemon in X/Y (that I can get hold of through catching/trading) that evolve through trade, either by just trading or trading with a specific item and a list of the items?

Does anybody have a list/know where I can find a list of all the Pokemon in X/Y (that I can get hold of through catching/trading) that evolve through trade, either by just trading or trading with a specific item and a list of the items?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2023
    The 3rd Pokemon only appears when your friend is online while you're in their safari.

Years
  • Togekiss + Heat Wave?

I have seen people post move sets where a Togekiss learns Heat Wave. This move is not a TM and it doesn't learn it.

Can someone specifically explain how I go about learning this?

Thanks!

Crzyphl

The Crazy Phil
    Years
  • Aah yes...
    Heat wave was a move that Togekiss could learn via move tutor in generation IV and V.
    So I guess if you have a game from one of those generations and then you could get a togekiss with heat wave that way.
    IV: Survival area move tutor
    V: Himalau city

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • You need to beat the Elite Four in order for your third slot to open up (and be online with each other at least once, as mentioned).

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • I'm glad I bought a copy of Black 2 from a local store... looks like we *have* to use it in order to get cool move combos for our X/Y teams.

Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2014
    You don't need to be in their safari to unlock the third Pokémon. Just online at the same time, I think.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2014
    FC: 5043-3003-8822
    I have a Ground safari (as far as I know I have Camerupt)
    I will add anyone, please and thank you :D

Years
  • You are Ground: Wooper | Diggersby |Camerupt. If anyone else would like to find there's out feel free to let me know.

Try leaving and rejoining. If there is a 3rd pokeball on the screen when you enter there should be a 3rd one. This is what I did for yours.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back