• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pecilia

Best Witch
Years
    A couple questions regarding EVs:
    1) If I have the Exp. Share turned on, will all Pokemon in my party gain the EVs from defeating a Pokemon?
    2) Since catching Pokemon gives Exp. now, does that mean that I get EVS too?

1. Yes
    2. I'm not too sure but I would assume no. Since you aren't making it faint but it could be possible.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    A couple questions regarding EVs:
    1) If I have the Exp. Share turned on, will all Pokemon in my party gain the EVs from defeating a Pokemon?
    2) Since catching Pokemon gives Exp. now, does that mean that I get EVS too?

EXP share passes the EVs to your entire party.

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2015
    What is this rumor I keep hearing about a bad egg being released over wonder trade and it can mess up your game pretty bad? o.o

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2013
    Good moveset for a jolly physical sweeper weavile?

since you cannot give him icepunch at this moment : (?

is special attack weavile possible?

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Hey guys. Is there any way to get a Custap Berry in the game right now?
    Nope. Wait for an event.
    Is it possible to remove your hat? I take a haircut and I can't see it properly because I'm always wearing a hat.

No you can't remove your hat as far as I'm concerned.

Good moveset for a jolly physical sweeper weavile?

since you cannot give him icepunch at this moment : (?

is special attack weavile possible?
    Ice Punch is one of Sneasel's egg moves. However, Sneasel and Weavile gained a better egg move in Icicle Crash. Also, don't even think about Special Weavile. Its Special Attack is so terrible that special attacking is out of the equation:
    -Pursuit
    -Ice Shard
    -Brick Break
    -Icicle Crash/Night Slash
    Nature: Jolly
    EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
    Item: Life Orb
    Ability: Pressure

Years
  • rototiller

So I was taking my excadrill to the move relearner and I found d

Rototiller pp10/10
    Tilling the soil, the user makes it easier for plants to grow. This raises the Attack and So.Atk of Grass-type pokemon.
    Its a ground type move

I haven't heard anything about this move...
    I'm about to teach it to him and see if it has a in game effect on berry fields
    Will report back

Does not effect the berry fields

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    So I was taking my excadrill to the move relearner and I found d

Rototiller pp10/10
    Tilling the soil, the user makes it easier for plants to grow. This raises the Attack and So.Atk of Grass-type pokemon.
    Its a ground type move

I haven't heard anything about this move...
    I'm about to teach it to him and see if it has a in game effect on berry fields
    Will report back

It doesn't have any effect on Berry Fields. Its one of like three moves made for Grass Type Support in Multi/Double/Triple Battles. For some reason Grass types got a butt load of support this generation.

Rototiller, Grassy Terrain, Flower Shield...New abilities like Flower Veil and Grass Pelt (to be combo'd with Grassy Terrain).

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2013
    Nope. Wait for an event.

No you can't remove your hat as far as I'm concerned.

Ice Punch is one of Sneasel's egg moves. However, Sneasel and Weavile gained a better egg move in Icicle Crash. Also, don't even think about Special Weavile. Its Special Attack is so terrible that special attacking is out of the equation:
    -Pursuit
    -Ice Shard
    -Brick Break
    -Icicle Crash/Night Slash
    Nature: Jolly
    EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
    Item: Life Orb
    Ability: Pressure

apperantly a ice punch weavile is illegal atm because to obtain one is you need to cross breed hitmonchan to a bunuery and then to a sneasel
    but bunuery is not allowed atm?

Rabski_Melt

There can only be one.
    Years
  • I am breeding a froakie and an octillery to give froakie ice beam. And the move isnt passed down. Why would that be? Froakie can learn it as a tm so shouldnt it be passed?

Years
  • apperantly a ice punch weavile is illegal atm because to obtain one is you need to cross breed hitmonchan to a bunuery and then to a sneasel
    but bunuery is not allowed atm?

Buneary won't be available until Pokemon Bank opens on December 27th. Once that comes out just transfer it from a 5th Gen game. Then you can breed for Ice Punch.

Mithel_Celestia

Alluring Illusion
    Years
  • If both parents hold a power item and destiny knot, will both be in effect when i breed? Or will only one be in effect while the other is ignored? Something odd occured where in both my parent pokemon hold a power item and destiny knot. Both have outstanding iv results but one offspring is only average ivs with only one perfect stat passed down

Other questions seem to be drowning this one. Anyway, bump. I really need to know.

Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2013
    1.) Is there more Pokemon coming? I head a rumor that on December 22 they are adding more Pokemon and stuff.
    2.) With the EXP. Share, how much does each Pokemon besides the starter get from beating a Pokemon.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    1.) Is there more Pokemon coming? I head a rumor that on December 22 they are adding more Pokemon and stuff.
    2.) With the EXP. Share, how much does each Pokemon besides the starter get from beating a Pokemon.

1) Nope. We've got them all. No more new Pokemon can be found (with exception to the three unreleased Legendary Pokemon). We'll be able to transport all of our old Pokemon to the games sometime around December 22 though.

2) Pokemon battling gets 100% EXP. Everyone else gets 50% EXP. Unless they are traded Pokemon, have Lucky Egg, or under the effect of EXP 1/2/3 O powers. In which case they get 50% + those bonuses.

Other questions seem to be drowning this one. Anyway, bump. I really need to know.

Destiny Knot passes down 5 IVs between two parents at random. So you have a 5 in 12 chance of getting perfect IVs passing with this method. Holding a Power Item will force a specific IV on that parent to pass down. I think it will do the Power Item and Destiny knot may do 4 after that. Not 100% certain but since they have similar effects I think they'll bypass one another (power item taking priority) on one specific stat and the rest may be random. Or the game will only use the Power Item and not the Destiny Knot.

Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2013
    Q.) Regarding the 3 new Legendary Pokemon, what are their names and the pokemon type and other information on the pokemon. (If needed add a link to a detailed post about them.)

Years
  • So on Serebii it says Eevee gets Play Rough as an Egg Move (if you look through Sylveon's Pokedex) yet when I tried breeding an Eevee and Linoone with Play Rough, the offspring Eevee didn't have Play Rough. Any ideas?

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    So on Serebii it says Eevee gets Play Rough as an Egg Move (if you look through Sylveon's Pokedex) yet when I tried breeding an Eevee and Linoone with Play Rough, the offspring Eevee didn't have Play Rough. Any ideas?

That's more a question to bring up on Serebii. It could be a typo or oversight. No way for use to answer your question 100%.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back