• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2013
    Friend Safari Questions!

Okay so here are a few questions I have about the friend safari~

How does it affect the rate at which you find shinies?

Does having more friends affect anything about the friend safari?

Does doing it with an online friend vs an offline friend do anything with the friend safari?

That's it really, if there is anything else that affects or influences what can happen in the friend safari as far as encounters go, do tell and reply with that info, thanks guys!

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2013
    As far as im concerned, i just post here and wait for someone to reply. past this sentence is all copy from my first thread (ever) which i shouldve actually posted here after the kind mod Cirno redirected me. anyway, I Have completely finished the main story of pokemon y, and im wonder about 2 things. One, when u upgrade the mega ring, what does it do. i accidentally skipped a speech bubble when sycamore was telling me what it does, and now im completely clueless. All i know is that i think it helps u find megs stones or something like that. the second thing is i beat the game, finished looker missions, and dont currently care about "catching them all." I got the pokeradar, and know about chaining for shineys (soooooo frustrating). Oh, and i dont care about the battle mansion type things either. i also got all the legendaries besides my bird, Articuno, including the Zygarde or whatever.. Id also appreciate small easter eggs, not ones like the ghost girl in luminois city. sooo, if i came out rude, i didnt intend to. thanks!
    Sorry if this is considered spamming, but can someone plz answer my question? that would be much appreciated. Oh, and my photo for signature and profile isnt popping up on my screen. is that normal? the page said that the pictures where fine and they fit the requirements.

Last edited:

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Sorry if this is considered spamming, but can someone plz answer my question? that would be much appreciated. Oh, and my photo for signature and profile isnt popping up on my screen. is that normal? the page said that the pictures where fine and they fit the requirements.

Upgrading the ring will let you find Mega Stones in various location, but only during 8PM to 9PM.

Click the following for Mega Stones location.
    https://www.serebii.net/xy/megaevolutions.shtml

She_Delphox

Delphox used Mystical Fire!
    Years
    Hi Kazejin,

Well there isn't anything out there yet to prove this "theory", but I have heard and read alot of posts by people encountering alot of shinies in the Friend Safari. Maybe (just like chain fishing) the rate of encountering a shiny in a Friend Safari is slightly increased. I for myself already caught 2 shinies within 3 hours in a Friend Safari, but it is no guarantee I guess..

Having more friends doesn't increase the chance encountering a shiny as far as I know, just gives you alot of friend safaris with alot of different types and Pokemon to begin with, so chances of finding a shiny Pokemon you like increases (since you can encounter 3 Pokemon at a time per Friend Safari), for example if you would like to have that shiny Pikachu you've always wanted, you just go into a Friend Safari where Pikachu appears. You'll have to search long enough to finally encounter that specific shiny Pokemon if you're lucky. But it still COULD be a chance of 1/8192 of encountering one (like I said earlier, maybe less but I don't have any grades on that one yet).

Well, when a friend is offline that doesn't do anything as far as I know, I roamed in alot of Safari's of friends of mine that were offline most of the time, but when a friend is online you COULD encounter some other Pokemon of the same specified type in that particular Safari (more than 3 different ones), if I have to believe the lady at the counter of the Friend Safari building (I have had no success but maybe you just need to play in the Safari longer).

So, you still need some luck finding shinies (that is the only thing that doesn't change haha) ^_^ and just add alot of friends to increase positive hunts I guess ;) Hope I helped you out a bit

Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2013
    Thank you very much! This helps alot, thank you thank you thank you xD

If anyone else has anything to add or finds anything new out, do tell!

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2013
    Pokemon Game Sync

Ok, so I've signed up and registered my game and all that jazz, but, I was wondering is there a way to be able to actually CONNECT to it at will? I mean, I was only able to connect using my game maybe only twice...I would really like to get items with Poké Miles, and feel like it's a hassel to do so. If someone could get back to me on this matter, it'll be much appreciated.

Edward Newgate

Everyone is a child of the sea
    Years
    Sorry, I can't help you with this. I'm a complete newb when it comes to online features in the newest Gen(s).
    What I can tell you, however, is that it would be better to post this question in the Pokémon X and Y Section. This section is meant only for questions and feedback about the pokecommunity forum itself.

I don't want to sound whiney, but you will get more attention for your question if you post it there ;)

Years
    Is there any way to boost the chance of a hatched pokémon being a specific nature without already having a parent with the correct nature and an everstone?

I've hatched about 50 Rhyhorns and I still haven't got an adamant one.

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2013
    Is there any way to boost the chance of a hatched pokémon being a specific nature without already having a parent with the correct nature and an everstone?

I believe if you catch a Ditto, and put destiny knot on it while breeding, and have it breed with the Ryhorn with the adament nature and put a everstone on it, all the babies will have that nature...Thats what I did and it worked anyway.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017

Unfortunately the answer is no.
    You need either of its parents to have the desired Nature while have it attach with Everstone.
    Right now you can just try your luck! Happy hatching! ;)

Years
    Destiny Knot transfers more IVs from the parents, XanMan, but thanks for trying to help. :)

Thanks also, Makoto. It won't be very happy hatching if I don't get one soon though. :P

Reactions: Sun

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years

You could catch/trade a Adamant Ralts with Synchronize. Then have him lead the party while you look for wild male Pokemon in the same egg group as the Female.

Years
    how does the inkay -> Malamar evolution work EXACTLY? do I hold the 3DS upside-down for the entire battle? when it gets the experience? just after the battle ends? I have tried it almost 5 times and none of these work...

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    how does the inkay -> Malamar evolution work EXACTLY? do I hold the 3DS upside-down for the entire battle? when it gets the experience? just after the battle ends? I have tried it almost 5 times and none of these work...

When the message showing that Inkay gained enough EXP to level up shows up, turn the 3DS upside down and continue the messages. Either that or the 3DS' built-in gyroscope is broken.

Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2014
    How do you get screenshots of the game? Besides taking pics with the photo guy and taking crappy pictures of your 3DS... There are screenshots everywhere so there must be a way?

Years
    How do you get screenshots of the game? Besides taking pics with the photo guy and taking crappy pictures of your 3DS... There are screenshots everywhere so there must be a way?
    some of them are 3DS Capture Card/Boards while others are just taken really close up with an external camera(Phone, Camera, Other stuff...) There might be other ways but those are the only ways I know of...

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Th3Duke99088 said:
    how does the inkay -> Malamar evolution work EXACTLY? do I hold the 3DS upside-down for the entire battle? when it gets the
    experience? just after the battle ends? I have tried it almost 5 times and none of these work...

okay... what if some other stuff happens like I get the exp from capturing something and I have to go through that whole thing with nicknaming and such?

If your Inkay levels-up while capturing another Pokémon, then it will still evolve. It'll evolve after you're done nicknaming your new Pokémon, sending it into your PC, etc. Whenever Inkay gets a level increase, make sure to hold your 3DS upside-down immediately. If you do it too late, then I'm afraid it may not evolve. D: Also, I remember reading somewhere that you'd have to keep pressing the A button while flipping your 3DS; maybe you should try that as well.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back