• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
Years
  • Is there a list that I can find of Pokemon that are currently unavailable in the Kalos region? I consider those in the Friend Safari available.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Is there a list that I can find of Pokemon that are currently unavailable in the Kalos region? I consider those in the Friend Safari available.

If you question it. Always check Serebii or Bulbapedia. They most likely can always answer a question with a few seconds of looking:

https://serebii.net/xy/unobtainable.shtml

List of all Pokemon not in Kalos. Does not list Friend Safari capable Pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I only have mewtwo and moltres left of the legendries... I have not used my master ball... Should I use it? If I should use it, who should I use it on?

If I were to use my Master Ball on any of the two Pokémon, then personally, I'd go with Mewtwo. Moltres is a bit hard to capture, but you could ease up the difficulty by causing some damage and paralyzing. Mewtwo, on the other hand, is much, much harder. Regardless of how low you've managed to bring its health down to, it would still refuse to be caught. Even if you paralyzed it or had it put to sleep, you'd still be having a tough time capturing it. If you use a Master Ball on it, though, then you won't have to face any of these trouble. Just throw the ball where it's standing, and poof—it's captured!

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
    Years
  • If you question it. Always check Serebii or Bulbapedia. They most likely can always answer a question with a few seconds of looking:

https://serebii.net/xy/unobtainable.shtml

List of all Pokemon not in Kalos. Does not list Friend Safari capable Pokemon.

Thanks for your help. I checked bulbapedia and found this.

As for Th3Duke99088, I'd catch Mewtwo, as not only its BST is higher but you can mega evolve it as well. ;)

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Does anyone know how I would obtain the Hatching Power and if its effects compound with Flame Body?

WhtKnt

Budding Breeder & Trainer
    Years
  • So, I actually do have a question from an EV training stand point. I've gotten my second badge, and I'm in Geosenge Town, preparing to head off to get my third badge -- which I'm in dire need of, most of my Pokemon are coming up on level 40 -- and I have the Super Training menu running on the lower screen of my 3DS.

Now, I haven't messed around with Super Training too terribly much. I did the initial 2 ST things with my Charmeleon, and that was it as I continued to advance with the Story. I noticed that both of the things I did do, I gained +4 Defense, but they weren't on my Charmeleon's stats in his Summary. Now, my question is this:

How, exactly, does the Super Training work? I have Pokemon headbutting a punching bag on my lower screen while I wander around, and I have no idea what in the blazes it does, or how to effectively make use of the Super Training feature. Any tips, advice, or simply knowledge to share about the Super Training? Admittedly, for someone who skipped a few generations.. it's a bit intimidating.. >.>

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    So, I actually do have a question from an EV training stand point. I've gotten my second badge, and I'm in Geosenge Town, preparing to head off to get my third badge -- which I'm in dire need of, most of my Pokemon are coming up on level 40 -- and I have the Super Training menu running on the lower screen of my 3DS.

Now, I haven't messed around with Super Training too terribly much. I did the initial 2 ST things with my Charmeleon, and that was it as I continued to advance with the Story. I noticed that both of the things I did do, I gained +4 Defense, but they weren't on my Charmeleon's stats in his Summary. Now, my question is this:

How, exactly, does the Super Training work? I have Pokemon headbutting a punching bag on my lower screen while I wander around, and I have no idea what in the blazes it does, or how to effectively make use of the Super Training feature. Any tips, advice, or simply knowledge to share about the Super Training? Admittedly, for someone who skipped a few generations.. it's a bit intimidating.. >.>
    +4 DEF is +4EVs, not actually +4 to the stat (I believe the math works out to +1 for every 4 EVs at least for level 100, don't quote me on that though). Point is Super Training allows you to gain EVs. In a nutshell, the more EVs you have in a stat, the higher it will be. You can only have a max of I believe 252EVs in one stat though, and a total of 510. A lot of times, maxing out two stats with 252EVs is done and 6EVs goes in another stat. But as you'll find, if you don't super train, you get an assortment of EVs in each stat, so they will be lower than if you had 252 EVs in that specific stat.

Supertraining will give you EVs depending on which one you do and at what level. You can get +4, 8, or 12 EVs in a stat depending on the level you choose. The punching bags can also give EVs. Either +1,4, or 12, depending on the size.

Reactions: Sun

WhtKnt

Budding Breeder & Trainer
    Years
  • Thank you, Flush'd. I appreciate the information. That actually helped a lot. I used a Sp. Attack L Punching bag on my Braixen, and it gained +12 to Sp. Attack. Did Attack L for my Charmeleon, and it gained +12 Attack. So, I'm seeing that the S bags are +1, the M bags are +4, and the L are +12.

Is there a website available that tells what the ideal EV Training for each Pokemon is? I don't intend to completely copy tactics on that site, just use it as a reference.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Well it depends on what kind of role you want the Pokemon to have in battle. But I think understanding the base stats and what each Pokemon is good at is important in EV allocation. I'd suggest Smogon though. They're pretty good with that stuff. They might not be up to date with the new 'mons though (unless you check out the forums), so Serebii's your next best choice.

Marionz

New to 6th Gen
    Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2013
    okay okay, question guys, timid or modest nature for daddy-o yveltal? i need an input before capturing this Y monster... and one more thing, is yveltal more inclined on physical attacks or special attacks? if so would it be modest or adamant? timid or jolly? i need your help guys.

even though i cant use this on competitive battles, legendaries are important collections for me so i want to have as perfect as possible.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Personally, I'd go with Modest. Oblivion Wing is important if you want to regain health, and if you don't want to go Mix Attacker, Modest would be your best bet. And in addition, you got moves like Dark Pulse and stuff that are Special.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    okay okay, question guys, timid or modest nature for daddy-o yveltal? i need an input before capturing this Y monster... and one more thing, is yveltal more inclined on physical attacks or special attacks? if so would it be modest or adamant? timid or jolly? i need your help guys.

even though i cant use this on competitive battles, legendaries are important collections for me so i want to have as perfect as possible.
    First here's the base stat for reference:
    HP 126
    Attack 131
    Defense 95
    Sp. Attack 131
    Sp. Defense 98
    Speed 99

Its level up moves are mostly Special moves, while the TMs it could learn are mostly Physical.

If you are aiming for pure Special Attacker, Timid and Modest are the best choices.

While I do not recommend a pure Physical attacker, I think Yveltal could run a little mixed based moves so Hasty and Naive would be fine choices too. {:3]

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2013
    I've been breeding a female Gabite with Rough Skin and a male Gible for a few hours now and I can't seem to get a child with Rough Skin. Am I doing something wrong, or just getting very unlucky?

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I've been breeding a female Gabite with Rough Skin and a male Gible for a few hours now and I can't seem to get a child with Rough Skin. Am I doing something wrong, or just getting very unlucky?

The baby is very likely to have its mother's ability, but also has a slight chance of not having it. I'd say about twenty. You're doing nothing wrong, you're just a bit unlucky. d: Keep breeding, and you'd be able to hit the jackpot eventually. Good luck!

Years
  • What is the most effective way to count what chain number your on? I currently using PP starting off with full PP and counting down.... Only problem with that is sometimes moves miss... any suggestions?

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I can confirm that it does indeed stack.
    Ok thanks, good to hear.

What is the most effective way to count what chain number your on? I currently using PP starting off with full PP and counting down.... Only problem with that is sometimes moves miss... any suggestions?
    That's the way I did it. I try to use high PP moves with 100 accuracy though like Quick Attack (not sure if there's a 40PP move). I can't really think of a better way.

What are the best pokemon that can counter Tyranitar and Haxorous?

NEED ANSWER ASAP!
    Well you have Dark and Dragon, so I'm thinking something Fairy-type? Xerneas?

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    What are the best pokemon that can counter Tyranitar and Haxorous?

NEED ANSWER ASAP!

For Tyranitar, any fighting- or steel-type Pokémon would do. (: Try Scizor. With one Bullet Punch, Tyranitar would be taken out instantly. If you don't have a Scizor, go with Lucario. For Haxorus, try choosing an ice-type, such as Abomasnow. If you'd like to counter them both at the same time, then maybe you should grab a fairy Pokémon; they're super-effective to them. Of all fairy-types, I would personally select Togekiss. It's got an amazing Special Attack and a good set of defenses.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back