• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redingard

The Rider Breeds Pokemon
    Years
    Are there any good Special Sweepers besides Greninja or Alakazam? Maybe something that can power up it's Sp. Attack and take a hit as well. Something like Charizard, which can use Dragon Dance once before dying, but not Charizard.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Are there any good Special Sweepers besides Greninja or Alakazam? Maybe something that can power up it's Sp. Attack and take a hit as well. Something like Charizard, which can use Dragon Dance once before dying, but not Charizard.

IDK, maybe Mega Gengar?

For a boosting special attacker:
    -Sylveon w/Leftovers
    Nature: Modest
    Ability: Cute Charm
    EVs: 252 HP, 252 Sp.Attack, 4 Sp.defense/4 Speed
    Moves: Moonblast, Calm Mind, Shadow Ball, Hidden Power Fire/Psyshock

Can take a hit, boost, and do some serious damage.

NRG

Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2015

Plenty

Omanyte is one I'm looking at

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Volcarona was one of the best Quiver Dancers in B/W, so I'm pretty sure this also applies in X/Y. Gardevoir also gained a major buff with a new Fairy type and a Mega Evolution:

Volcarona:
    -Quiver Dance
    -Fire Blast/Fiery Dance
    -Bug Buzz
    -Hidden Power (Ground/Rock/Ice)/Psychic
    Nature: Timid/Modest
    EVs: 252 SAtk/4 SDef/252 Spe
    Item: Life Orb/Lum Berry

Gardevoir:
    -Moonblast
    -Focus Blast
    -Shadow Ball/Psyshock/Thunderbolt
    -Substitute/Taunt/Calm Mind
    Nature: Timid
    EVs: 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe
    Item: Life Orb/Gardevoirite
    Ability: Trace

Plenty

Omanyte is one I'm looking at
    Eh, Omanyte/Omastar is kinda meh, but Shell Smash is one of its main draws.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Maybe a noob question, but how do I know what type my pokemons hidden power is?

There's a Psyschic in the house right next to the boutique in Anistar City who'll tell you what Hidden Power type a Pokemon has.

Moltres Rider

Banned
    Years
    Why cannot I challenge passerby's to a battle??? I can ONLY accept battles!!! it ALWAYS errors out with "There appears to be a problem. The battle will be canceled."!!! I have NEVER been able to challenge a passerby to a battle because of that error!!! I can accept ANY battle I want, but CANNOT challenge other passerby's to battle!!! why???

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
    is there a way to have rotom change forms in xy?

2nd floor of Sycamore's lab. Near the girl who talks about Rotom. Each box changes his form.

The above people gave you great advice. I just thought I'd share an experience with you.
    During a Battle Spot I was completely faked out and caught unprepared by a Mega Ampharos...They lead with the typical Klefki, the battle went as they all do until they threw out Gengar,clear Mega I thought, so I used Earthquake knowing if it Mega'd I'd nail it. To my dismay it did not instead it inflicted some fairly heavy damage. I finally take it out thinking maybe he was too afraid of my quaker to mega. Later he sends out an Ampharos, my earthquake mon is long gone, which promptly mega evolves,needless to say I was completely un-prepared for this, it actually swept me, it must have had defensive EVs as well as I barely had it in the red. Of course it didn't help that my only 3 remaining mons were Greninja,Talonflame and a Goodra.

If you managed to read all of that ramble, I commend you and your cookie is in the mail. :D

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2014
    How do I 6v6? I can only find 3v3's.
    How do I not suck at battling? Any guides for extream beginners hidden anywhere on the web?

How do I 6v6? I can only find 3v3's.
    How do I not suck at battling? Any guides for extream beginners hidden anywhere on the web?

Last edited:

Moltres Rider

Banned
    Years
    Why cannot I challenge passerby's to a battle??? I can ONLY accept battles!!! it ALWAYS errors out with "There appears to be a problem. The battle will be canceled."!!! I have NEVER been able to challenge a passerby to a battle because of that error!!! I can accept ANY battle I want, but CANNOT challenge other passerby's to battle!!! why???

WHY IS *NOBODY* HELPING ME OR ANSWERING MY QUESTION?????????????????????????????????? MY PROBLEM *STILL* EXISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHY IS IT BEING LEFT UNANSWERED???????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    WHY IS *NOBODY* HELPING ME OR ANSWERING MY QUESTION?????????????????????????????????? MY PROBLEM *STILL* EXISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHY IS IT BEING LEFT UNANSWERED???????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chill, man.

There could be some problem with your connection. But why bother challenging passerbyers to battle? Just go to the Battle Spot instead, plenty of people there ready for battle.

IDK if this applies to everyone, but I generally don't like being challenged by passerbyers to battle, since I'm using doing something else if I'm not battling in the Battle Spot (like breeding, trading, catching stuff, etc). I'm not prepared for battle, and I'd rather be focusing on whatever it was I was doing.

Mithel_Celestia

Alluring Illusion
    Years

If youre having troubles finding matches in RMU or connect wonder trade as well than it might be because of net speed. I have a similar situation but i cant do anything about it.

Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2014
    Wartortle's move, URGENT! And also...

My wartortle wants to learn Aqua tail. I right now has Bite, Rapid Spin and water pulse what should it forget?

Also whats a good moveset for Leafeon, or Glaceon.. or Blastoise?

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2013
    Hi everyone

Hi everyone
    Right people I'm only a new member so don't be too harsh haha, right I brought my copy of X today and immediately I wanna jump in at the competitive end online, so my question to anyone who can help me could you give me a guide on a team that I can make that is pretty competitive but also pretty fun. My only rule is the team must consist of a greninja so pleSe will someone help me! :)
    All the best and thanks in advance :)

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
    My wartortle wants to learn Aqua tail. I right now has Bite, Rapid Spin and water pulse what should it forget?

Also whats a good moveset for Leafeon, or Glaceon.. or Blastoise?

*Cough*

Alright well if you Wartortle has an Attack boosting nature I'd say get rid of Water Pulse. though you have no 4th move listed....?

Secondly leafeon has never had a great movepool. So in game I'd go Leaf Blade,Synthesis, Swords dance, Confide,Captivate or Return.
    Glaceon isn't much better, Ice Beam, Wish, Hidden Power, Mirror coat/Protect

Blastoise depends on whether it's Physical/ Special and whether you're going to be Mega Evolving it.

Those are my opinions I imagine. someone else will be able to give you better advice

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
    Unfortunately you're going to get owned if you jump in right now.
    To battle competitively you need to be able to EV train and preferably IV breed, and while you can EV train through the Super training system, the pokemon you can catch early game aren't going to hold up online. I suggest playing the game discover new mons and think about what pokemon you want to use and decide on a Team Goal. Then when you reach the post game you'll have a game plan and access to the Friend Safari/ Battle Maison.

As for Geninja he is actually used a lot so finding a set for him won't be hard, however he will need to have the Protean ability as Torrent is just useless.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back