• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I just got pokemon. And a 3ds xl for my birthday yesterday. Well I've made it to Shalour city but I'm utterly stumped as to how I'm supposes to beat the Gym Leaders' Hawklucha. It knocks out every single one of my team memees in one hit. I feel hacked or something. My team is a Charmeleon, 2nd form of Fennekin, Aurorose(not sure how you spell it), special Combusken, and an Eevee. They are all level 28 or higher and i've lost to this Gym Leader like 50 times now. Can someone please help me? Any advice is appreciated.

Just plow through her. You should be able to get a little bit higher level training near there if you don't think your level is high enough. Make sure Braixen has some kinda psychic attack. She should have learned Psybeam.

Ice/Rock vs a Fighting Gym not good...and if you can evolve Eevee into Sylveon for a Fairy type to fight against the fighting types.

Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2014
    I'm trying to get Sylver(Eevee, my little bada**) to evolve into Sylveon. And Finny(Braixen) does know psybeam but the stupid hawlucha thing keeps killing him. I guess i could go fight some tauros to level up more.

Years
    • Seen Mar 16, 2014
    Do you need all the games to catch them all?

Games prior to Ruby and Sapphire not included because you can't transfer Pokemon from them to generation III

Pokemon Ruby Version - 2003
    Pokemon Sapphire Version - 2003
    Pokémon Channel - 2003 (Jirachi)
    Pokemon Fire Red Version - 2004
    Pokemon Leaf Green Version - 2004
    Pokemon Colosseum - 2004
    Pokémon Colosseum Bonus Disc - 2004 (Jirachi and Celebi)
    Pokemon Emerald Version - 2005
    Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness - 2005
    Pokemon Ranger - 2006 (Mannaphy)
    Pokemon Diamond Version - 2007
    Pokemon Pearl Version - 2007
    Pokemon Platinum Version - 2008
    Pokemon Heart Gold Version - 2010
    Pokemon Soul Silver Version -2010
    Pokemon White Version - 2011
    Pokemon Black Version - 2011
    Pokemon White Version 2 - 2012
    Pokemon Black Version 2 - 2012
    Pokemon X Version - 2013
    Pokemon Y Version -2013

Does anyone now which games you must have in order to catch them all? It seems far fetched that games that are now a decade old are needed in order to catch them all, but I stopped playing pokemon once I hit high school because I got to busy with school work. The fact that Pokemon Ruby Version and Pokemon Sapphire Version are compatible with games that came out a decade later makes a remake of them a bit pointless, but that's a side note. I'm not really sure if you need all of them to catch them all, but would imagine someone on here knows.

Does anyone know?

Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2014
    Sylveon Glitch?

I am trying to evolve my Eevee, Sylver, into a Sylveon and have maxed fullness just as I was told but for some odd reason the second he learns Charm, his fairy type move, he immediately proceeds to evolve into Umbreon. And the game won't let me stop the evolution. Help!

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2016
    Did he know the move befor he lvled?
    you should be able to stop it by pressing B. but iof it alredy finished evolving youll have to restart to your last save to get eevee back(if you saved before it evolved that is) or get another eevee.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I am trying to evolve my Eevee, Sylver, into a Sylveon and have maxed fullness just as I was told but for some odd reason the second he learns Charm, his fairy type move, he immediately proceeds to evolve into Umbreon. And the game won't let me stop the evolution. Help!

You need to maximize its affection in Pokémon-Amie, I think. Could be wrong though. Also, try not to train it during nighttime. If you do, chances of your Eevee evolving into an Umbreon would be increased. d:

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2016
    Atully eeve only needs 3 hearts at the lest to evolve to sylveon and know a fairy move.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Games prior to Ruby and Sapphire not included because you can't transfer Pokemon from them to generation III

Pokemon Colosseum - 2004
    Pokemon X Version - 2013
    Pokemon Y Version -2013

Does anyone now which games you must have in order to catch them all? It seems far fetched that games that are now a decade old are needed in order to catch them all, but I stopped playing pokemon once I hit high school because I got to busy with school work. The fact that Pokemon Ruby Version and Pokemon Sapphire Version are compatible with games that came out a decade later makes a remake of them a bit pointless, but that's a side note. I'm not really sure if you need all of them to catch them all, but would imagine someone on here knows.

Does anyone know?

Depending on when you started playing the Gen 4 games. Gen 4, 5, and 6 are the only three sets you need. All of Gen 3 Pokemon are availble between the two set of Gen 5 game sets with exception to the starters, the weather trio, Deoxys and Jirachi. The Starters and the weather trio can be received in Gen 4's HG/SS, you do need at least 1 of each game to trade the orbs to get Rayquaza, and you need at least 1 of each game from Gen 5.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017

Pokemon Colosseum - 2004
    Pokemon X Version - 2013
    Pokemon Y Version -2013

Does anyone know?

Well, actually Ruby/saphire/emerald/fire red/leaf green aren't directly compatible with the games that came out a decade later, they're apparently compatible with the gen 4 games (platinum, Diamond, pearl and whatever other ones came out at that time Heart Gold? Soul Silver? Not sure) and then only via the DS because it had a slot for GBA games as well as DS games when it first came out, and something called the Pal Park or whatever. (This is why I stopped playing pokemon, because I heard rumours that you can send your gen 3 pokemon over but all your IVs get reset, and I worked too hard for that to happen) The gen 5 games then need to get those gen 3 pokemon from the gen 4 games only (so there was no direct interaction between gen 3 and gen 5) and now with pokebank, you still could technically GET those same gen 3 pokemon but only from gen 5 games (so you would have to trade a pokemon from emerald, to Platinum, to Black 2 then to X, for example, in order to get it to the current generation)

Now, having said all that, apparently there's only about 80 pokemon that aren't natively available in X and Y, and while there's a lot of exceptions, most of the unobtainable pokemon seem to be starters and legendaries. (there's a lot more pokemon on the list than 80, but a lot of them are parts of evolutionary lines so I count them as 1 pokemon) https://www.serebii.net/xy/unobtainable.shtml
    so a remake would be quite welcome, however, i do agree that there really wouldn't be THAT many pokemon that would even warrant needing a remake because there aren't that many non legendaries or starters on the list. Really, a Pokemon Colloseum or Gale of Darkness like game would be enough to fill out the rest of the Pokedex if the Serebii list is accurate.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Actually it only takes two and a Fairy move.

could be worse, there's a number of Pokemon sites that are still saying it takes full affection stats, full fullness stat and full enjoyment stat + a fairy move, and thank goodness that's not true because I don't know how they're doing it, but I cannot get fullness and enjoyment maxed, one goes up while the other goes down.

Za_Destroyer

hmmm yes I drive gud
    Years
  • Does anyone know if PokeBank's storage uses the same storage space for all Pokemon (X&Y) games owned?

Say, if I deposit Pokemon from X, will I be able to withdraw those Pokemon using the Y version of the game?

Well, I'm pretty sure you need to make an account to use Pokemon Bank using a game that you have...But, if you can link a second game to that account (a. la. Pokemon Global Link/Dream World) I would think you could do that which you speak of.

Hope this helped!

Years
  • A New Legendary?

I've heard that there has been a leak on the new legendary Zygarde. Can someone maybe tell me more about it? All I know is that it's based of Norse Mythology.

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2022
    What do you mean? Do you mean there is new information/form of Zygarde, or did you not know Zygarde exists? Zygarde isn't new, he was discovered over 2 months ago. And where did you hear of a new leak?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Ya know how Hawlucha's Flying Press is a Fighting AND Flying attack? Are there any other moves that are dual typed?

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Should I be worried about the way my character dresses? Because the clothes shop at Lumoise City kicked out for not having any fashion sense, as well as the guys at Lost Hotel.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Should I be worried about the way my character dresses? Because the clothes shop at Lumoise City kicked out for not having any fashion sense, as well as the guys at Lost Hotel.

For the Lumiose Boutique, you have to increase your style: https://www.serebii.net/xy/lumiosestyle.shtml

The guys at the Lost Hotel will only acknowledge you if you've learned all the roller skating tricks from the skaters scattered around Lumiose: https://www.serebii.net/xy/rollerskates.shtml

Your clothing has absolutely nothing to do with this.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back