• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    Would this work? I want to teach Smeargle Transform and I was wondering if it learned protect in another battle, then sketch and I went into battle against Ditto and used protect right away, if I was faster than the ditto, would the transform fail on teh first move and then would Smeargle be able to then sketch the move? And if not, what would be the easiest way to sketch Transform in Pokemon X and Y? Thanks! ( just got a Smeargle and want it to know Transform)

Sketch always works on Transform in X and Y, you don't need it to fail.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Sketch always works on Transform in X and Y, you don't need it to fail.

Really?? THAT'S good to know! Thanks!

Any definitive way of telling what size my Gorgiest is? I have narrowed it down to either Large or Super Size (small and average have the curl from the left side of it's head curling toward it's right, LArge and Super size have it from the right side curling toward it's left) but I can't determine any more beyond that. I looked online and people say to check the pokedex, but I'm nowhere near the Mountain Kalos dex part of the game, and even if It was, I've gotten many gorgeists over wonder trade, so all four sizes are likely to be in there. I have found youtube videos denoting the cry, but it all seems to be Pumpkaboo, not the gorgiest I have. Even if they were different sizes on the party screen in relation to the pokeball symbol in the background that would help, but I just can't find pictures denoting the size so can anyone help?

Any definitive way of telling what size my Gorgiest is? I have narrowed it down to either Large or Super Size (small and average have the curl from the left side of it's head curling toward it's right, LArge and Super size have it from the right side curling toward it's left) but I can't determine any more beyond that. I looked online and people say to check the pokedex, but I'm nowhere near the Mountain Kalos dex part of the game, and even if It was, I've gotten many gorgeists over wonder trade, so all four sizes are likely to be in there. I have found youtube videos denoting the cry, but it all seems to be Pumpkaboo, not the gorgiest I have. Even if they were different sizes on the party screen in relation to the pokeball symbol in the background that would help, but I just can't find pictures denoting the size so can anyone help?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2014
    Hey guys I have a quick question...

I've played Pokemon Gen I-IV and then skipped over V and started again at VI, now I'm thinking of buying BW2 so I can get some pokemon for the pokebank to transfer to my XY.

Because breeding is easier in XY, if I get a pokemon for example a Shiftry from BW2 that knows: Sucker Punch, Fake Out, Knock Off, and Seed Bomb, transfer it to my XY game, and then breed it with a ditto, will the newly hatched Seedot have the same moves the Shiftry has?

Also, I remember there was a pal park for DPPT, is there one for BW2?

Lastly, if I have some really old pokemon from Leafgreen/Firered, will I still be able to transfer them via FRLG/RSE->DPPT/HGSS->BWBW2->XY?

Thank you!

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Hey guys I have a quick question...

I've played Pokemon Gen I-IV and then skipped over V and started again at VI, now I'm thinking of buying BW2 so I can get some pokemon for the pokebank to transfer to my XY.

Because breeding is easier in XY, if I get a pokemon for example a Shiftry from BW2 that knows: Sucker Punch, Fake Out, Knock Off, and Seed Bomb, transfer it to my XY game, and then breed it with a ditto, will the newly hatched Seedot have the same moves the Shiftry has?

Also, I remember there was a pal park for DPPT, is there one for BW2?

Lastly, if I have some really old pokemon from Leafgreen/Firered, will I still be able to transfer them via FRLG/RSE->DPPT/HGSS->BWBW2->XY?

Thank you!

Yes, the baby Seedot should have the moves the Shiftry knows, if those moves can be passed down to a Seedot (just because your Shiftry knows the moves doesn't necessarily mean it can pass them down, and IDK if those moves can be passed down or not).
    The Gen 5 pokemon transfer system is called the Transfer Lab. It's on...Route 15, I think? It's only accessible in the post game, and its basically a minigame where you capture to pokemon by shooting pokeballs at them with a crossbow.

Yeah, Gen 3 Pokes can make it to X/Y. You just migrate them to a Gen 4 game, then transfer them to a Gen 5 game, then send them to the Bank to send them to X/Y.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2014
    Yes, the baby Seedot should have the moves the Shiftry knows, if those moves can be passed down to a Seedot (just because your Shiftry knows the moves doesn't necessarily mean it can pass them down, and IDK if those moves can be passed down or not).
    The Gen 5 pokemon transfer system is called the Transfer Lab. It's on...Route 15, I think? It's only accessible in the post game, and its basically a minigame where you capture to pokemon by shooting pokeballs at them with a crossbow.

Yeah, Gen 3 Pokes can make it to X/Y. You just migrate them to a Gen 4 game, then transfer them to a Gen 5 game, then send them to the Bank to send them to X/Y.

Thanks! Ugh this is frustrating-- I wonder how easy it is to have an at least 2 perfect IV pokemon in HGSS D:

CalciferFireDmn

Fire Demon
    Years
  • Shiny Chaining Help

Hey guys i'm new to chaining, but i have a fair grasp on how it works. I've made it to 7 with Bagons on Route 8. The only thing that is really holding me back is the time it takes me to "reset" my chain. That is when i break the chain it takes me ages to re-find that first Bagon. The way i do it is to recharge the radar use it hit up my favorite grass shake and when it is any of the lesser pokes in the area like Spoink or Inkay i run another 50 and try again. This can sometimes take a long while and im just wondering if there is a faster way.

toxictwinkie

Mini moose will rule you all
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2014
    Hey guys I used a Rare Candy, but you know how it only increases levels but not stats? Well has something changed in X / Y? because when I leveled up one of my pokes with a Rare Candy it updated the stats, like it would if the pokemon leveled up from a battle. ....What the?? Whats going on?

Thanks

toxictwinkie

Mini moose will rule you all
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2014
    Hey guys this is an extremely noobish question but I used a Rare Candy, but you know how it only increases levels but not stats? Well has something changed in X / Y? because when I leveled up one of my pokes with a Rare Candy it updated the stats, like it would if the pokemon leveled up from a battle. ....What the?? Whats going on?

Thanks

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • When selecting the language for your game, does it affect the game as a whole, or just that file that you're starting? For example, if I picked French for Y, beat it, and wanted to restart, would it remain in French or would I have the option to select a different language when I start a new game?

Phangy

Master
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2014
    so i got a feebas and want to evolve it, is there a way to use the beauty method in x and y or is that only for games with contests in them?

When selecting the language for your game, does it affect the game as a whole, or just that file that you're starting? For example, if I picked French for Y, beat it, and wanted to restart, would it remain in French or would I have the option to select a different language when I start a new game?

when you wipe your save file, you can rechoose the language

Last edited:

Death

The Pale Horseman
    Years
  • Hey guys this is an extremely noobish question but I used a Rare Candy, but you know how it only increases levels but not stats? Well has something changed in X / Y? because when I leveled up one of my pokes with a Rare Candy it updated the stats, like it would if the pokemon leveled up from a battle. ....What the?? Whats going on?

Thanks
    Any Pokemon that levels up will gain stats. It's been that way since generation one. Pokemon wont get any Effort Value (EV) points from Rare Candy though, so you don't have to worry if you're EV training.

-
    Question:
    Does the region your game is registered in depend on the in-game language you choose or the country/region you chose for your 3DS system?

Let's say, I have a 3DS registered for Korea, but I chose to play Pokemon in German, will the game consider all the Pokemon I obtain myself in-game as from the German or Korean region?

Last edited:

Phangy

Master
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2014
    Any Pokemon that levels up will gain stats. It's been that way since generation one. Pokemon wont get any Effort Value (EV) points from Rare Candy though, so you don't have to worry if you're EV training.

-
    Question:
    Does the region your game is registered in depend on the in-game language you choose or the country/region you chose for your 3DS system?

Let's say, I have a 3DS registered for Korea, but I chose to play Pokemon in German, will the game consider all the Pokemon I obtain myself in-game as from the German or Korean region?

it's your ds region, so karean

Death

The Pale Horseman
    Years
  • so i got a feebas and want to evolve it, is there a way to use the beauty method in x and y or is that only for games with contests in them?

The only method I know to evolve Feebas outside of increasing its beauty stat (which doesn't exist in XY) is to trade it while it is holding a Prism Scale.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    I got a Froakie with Camouflage. Would there be any advantage to breeding this onto a protean froakie or should I just forget about the move?

Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2014
    Would my US DSi and UK 3DS work together with Pokebank?
    Third times asking is the charm, right?

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I got a Froakie with Camouflage. Would there be any advantage to breeding this onto a protean froakie or should I just forget about the move?

Camouflage is not very useful in terms of competitiveness... all it does is change your type depending on the place you're battling. If I were you, I would dump this move and have it replaced with a damage-dealing attack such as either U-Turn, Rock Slide, Quick Attack, Power-Up Punch, or maybe even Aerial Ace. :p

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back