• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2014
    Wait, how does that work? xD sorry if I'm missing the obvious, I've yet to go to sleep :P
    Because ditto does not operate under the same ability mechanics as other pokemon. It's likely due to it being part of the Undiscovered egg group, and Game Freak not wanting to give you everything served on a silver platter.

One other question: if I have a Pokemon with a hidden ability and its evolution has a different hidden ability, and my Pokemon evolves, is it guaranteed to get the new hidden ability?
    Yes, always. The game gives the pokemon file added hex data when it has the hidden ability, which is then read and interpreted by the game's rom for that particular species.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
  • Unfortunately for you, Adamant is a bad nature for Greninja. While it looks like it could pull off a physical set, it doesn't actually work in battle (trust me, I've tried). Greninja works best with a special moveset with a Speed boosting nature. So yer gonna have to breed another one or something.

Ehh? I was using an Adamant Greninja for my playthrough and it was always fine for me. Don't get me wrong, I've got a Timid Protean one now which is miiiiiiles better, but I'd not say it's at all unusable. Can't hurt to at least provide some ideas, right? d:

So I've got a greninja with adamnt nature, can someone give me a good moveset for an adamant greninja?

I used Waterfall / Night Slash / U-Turn / Rock Slide (with item) or Acrobatics (without). Waterfall and Night Slash are double STABs so they're your main attacking moves (and honestly, with the Adamant nature, Waterfall hits hard enough for casual playing purposes). Don't get lured into Water Shuriken; it looks nice for a lot of reasons but its maximum base power, and this is if it hits five times in a row, is only 75. Waterfall always hits harder than that, excusing critical hits and whatnot.

U-Turn is nice since, being honest, there's a lot of stuff that this thing can't kill but can outspeed; it lets you (hopefully!) move first, cause some damage, and then bring in something that can kill / resist an attack. Saved me arse a lot of times, haha. Rock Slide is filler; it's nice I suppose, hits Bugs which'd otherwise hurt you quite a lot, provides some coverage you don't otherwise have, but eh. If this is purely for in-game purposes and you don't feel like using an item 100% of the time then Acrobatics is a better choice since it hits Bug, Grass and Fighting types which'd all otherwise give you trouble, meaning that you can just U-Turn out on Electric and Fairy types which are your only other major threats.

Have fun!

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Ehh? I was using an Adamant Greninja for my playthrough and it was always fine for me. Don't get me wrong, I've got a Timid Protean one now which is miiiiiiles better, but I'd not say it's at all unusable. Can't hurt to at least provide some ideas, right? d:

Oh, I thought he was talking about using it for competitive battles. If its not for competitive battling, then you're right, physical Greninja can be used in-game (although almost anything can be used in-game).

Years
  • Hidden Ability Question

I know there is a post just recently about hidden abilities, but this question is slightly different.

I would like to breed a Sneasel with the hidden ability Pickpocket. I have no Sneasel with Pickpocket, but I have a Torchic with the hidden ability Speed Boost... Does breeding a Pokemon with a hidden ability translate to being able to breed a Sneasel with his hidden ability? Or do I specifically need to breed a Pokemon with Pickpocket for it to have a chance to be passed down?

If anybody has a pokemon with Pickpocket or a Safari with a Pokemon with it please add me :)
    FC: 1263-6876-2839 (Jim)

Years
  • I'm breeding a female Nidoran with Hustle and 4 IVs (31/X/X/31/31/31) holding an everstone to pass down the timid nature.
    with a male growlithe that has 4 IVs (31/X/31/X/31/31) with a destiny knot.
    The offspring keep coming out with 4 IVs or less. Am i doing something wrong?

Years
  • I'm breeding a female Nidoran with Hustle and 4 IVs (31/X/X/31/31/31) holding an everstone to pass down the timid nature.
    It's just luck. It takes time but the 5 IVs would come sooner or later. Just keep trying

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Nope. In order for the baby to have the Hidden Ability you want, one of the parents must already have that ability. Otherwise, it'd be far too easy to get Pokemon with their Hidden Ability.

Years
  • Bummer. I have 1 other question.

Will an Eevee with a Hidden ability always evolve into it's superior with his hidden ability as well?

I went through this when I was trying to breed an Umbreon with Inner Focus.

So in order to get Umbreon with Inner Focus would I need an Eevee with Anticipation?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Yes, that will work. A Pokemon with a Hidden ability will always have a Hidden Ability when it evolves. So that Anticipation Eevee will evolve into an Inner Focus Umbreon.

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2014
    I finished playing Pokemon Y and am now playing through X to complete my pokedex. I have been playing both of these games on my one 3ds. I have not finished the Elite 4 on my X game, I'm only 4 badges in, however I can't see me friends listed on PSS. I have a couple of dozen friends registered/code exchanged in my 3ds Friends List. I have tried connecting to the internet on PSS, saving/restarting. How can I get my friends to show up in PSS in my X game? Thank you in advance.

Miau

If I fits...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2022
    I'm breeding a female Nidoran with Hustle and 4 IVs (31/X/X/31/31/31) holding an everstone to pass down the timid nature.

Here's a probability calculator for breeding with the Destiny Knot - https://destinyknot.tk/. Make sure to check the FAQs too.

If you're looking for a spread of 31/x/31/31/31/31, which I assume you are, then you're looking at about 20 eggs. Of course it could take more or less than that, it's all about the luck, so keep trying :)

Years
  • My Safari

Would anyone be willing to let me know what my Safari type & Pokemon are? My info is in my sig just let me know if you are willing please :)

Last edited:

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    If an air balloon pops in battle does that mean you need to buy a new one or is it just gone for the rest of the battle?

I believe if it is in-game, it is lost. But if you are on wifi or local battling it will not be lost.

Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2014
    I just had a random match in Battle spot.
    The match ended up being my low HP mega Pincir VS a Ferrothorn. I knew Iron barbs Would kill me, but I was interested in seeing what a draw was like when both our Pokemon fainted.
    So I fainted it with CC, it fainted FIRST, then I fainted. What happens?

I lost. What? Where is the logic in this? It was a draw! If not that, I should have won because FERROTHORN FAINTED FIRST!
    How does this result make any sense?

I just had a random match in Battle spot.
    The match ended up being my low HP mega Pincir VS a Ferrothorn. I knew Iron barbs Would kill me, but I was interested in seeing what a draw was like when both our Pokemon fainted.
    So I fainted it with CC, it fainted FIRST, then I fainted. What happens?

I lost. What? Where is the logic in this? It was a draw! If not that, I should have won because FERROTHORN FAINTED FIRST!
    How does this result make any sense?

Seriously, this double posting glitch is starting to annoy me.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2014
    I have saved right after rejecting an egg at the day are man, the egg that I receive after this has the IVs I want for my pokemon, can I keep soft resetting until it become shiny? Will it always have the same IVs??

Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2014
    I have saved right after rejecting an egg at the day are man, the egg that I receive after this has the IVs I want for my pokemon, can I keep soft resetting until it become shiny? Will it always have the same IVs??

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back