• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Third Version Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
    The thing about humans and Pokemon merging together kind of reminds me of the Pokemon ReBURST manga.

Back to Zygarde... I'm thinking that the next game's plot will have you see Zygarde's many forms throughly the main gameplay up until the climax. I would really like to see them stretch out the plot so that the climax is within the time of the League, like what was done with BW. But for now, I can only dream. And yes, I'm hoping we get a stellar post-game "episode" that is either on par or surpasses the Delta Episode. If it's a 3rd version we're talking about here, I hope they change up the Looker Quest to make it on par with Delta Episode.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    The thing about humans and Pokemon merging together kind of reminds me of the Pokemon ReBURST manga.

Back to Zygarde... I'm thinking that the next game's plot will have you see Zygarde's many forms throughly the main gameplay up until the climax. I would really like to see them stretch out the plot so that the climax is within the time of the League, like what was done with BW. But for now, I can only dream. And yes, I'm hoping we get a stellar post-game "episode" that is either on par or surpasses the Delta Episode. If it's a 3rd version we're talking about here, I hope they change up the Looker Quest to make it on par with Delta Episode.

I also hope that they spread out the forms across the plot.

Charizard Gr

Firekeeper
    Years
    If this turns out to be a Mega Greninja, I think we could get even more Mega Evolutions in the coming game(s). So, given that Greninja gets his mega, we can suspect that the other two starters get a mega, maybe a couple more Pokemon from Kalos and the rest will be Pokemon of the next remake. Which means, if they were to make a Kanto re-remake after this one they would add some Kanto mega evos in Pokemon like Lapras, Golem, Nidos etc. If this were Johto, Sinnoh the Pokemon would change respectively.

I'm not saying that we are getting a remake after that. Since OrAs is pretty new, most likely next on the list is generation 7 which will come for the 3ds AND the new 3ds and after gen 7 we get the new remake, which I guess will only be playable at the new 3ds. I wouldn't mind a couple more megas, but I think that the Pokemon getting a Mega should have a reason to get one to make them viable and usable ingame. Who would use beedrill or pidgeot weren't it for the megas? We all see weedles and flee or slay them, very few would use such Pokemon. So you know what I'm saying. This is why Greninja should NOT get its mega, because people already love it and its stats are pretty decent too.

Years
    If this turns out to be a Mega Greninja, I think we could get even more Mega Evolutions in the coming game(s). So, given that Greninja gets his mega, we can suspect that the other two starters get a mega, maybe a couple more Pokemon from Kalos and the rest will be Pokemon of the next remake. Which means, if they were to make a Kanto re-remake after this one they would add some Kanto mega evos in Pokemon like Lapras, Golem, Nidos etc. If this were Johto, Sinnoh the Pokemon would change respectively.

I'm not saying that we are getting a remake after that. Since OrAs is pretty new, most likely next on the list is generation 7 which will come for the 3ds AND the new 3ds and after gen 7 we get the new remake, which I guess will only be playable at the new 3ds. I wouldn't mind a couple more megas, but I think that the Pokemon getting a Mega should have a reason to get one to make them viable and usable ingame. Who would use beedrill or pidgeot weren't it for the megas? We all see weedles and flee or slay them, very few would use such Pokemon. So you know what I'm saying. This is why Greninja should NOT get its mega, because people already love it and its stats are pretty decent too.
    Actually...if we're only getting one game what then what about the second game OrAs's code shows it can trade with...could it be a Yellow remake?

shadowmoon522

Master of Darkness & Light
    Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 27, 2024
    Will 100% True Power Zygarde surpass Mega Rayquaza, or will it be a hyped up but ultimately underwhelming legendary? Or something in-between?
    odds are it will be more powerful then mega rayquaza, but will have the ability slow start cause thats how nintendo tends to be.
    Is the new Greninja form ACTUALLY based on Ash's look? Or was the magazine just pointing out the similarities? I really hope it's not based on Ash. But if it is, I guess that makes Ash "canon" in all games going forward if there's a Pokémon based on him.

EDIT: And if it is based on Ash, how does that even make sense (In the Pokémon world of course) that all trainers can capture a Pokémon based on this little trainer from Pallet town?

how the hell dose having a pokemon basied on something else make the thing its baised on cannon? that makes little sense and breaks the canon of various series other then pokemon.
    I'm hoping it's just similar OR it became similar to Ash because their bonds are too close that Greninja has gained a new form. Imo, it's just too messed up to merge a trainer and their Pokémon.
    says you, i wouldn't mind some shiny charizard wings to fly around with
    X/Y Third Version Speculation Thread

Ash's Greninja vs Normal Greninja.
    Let see the difference .

Although, it would be strange to see Ash with a mega. At least, that's my opinion.
    strange probably, better definitely. honestly, ash should have had at least one legendary by now and should not have removed gible from his team.
    I personally don't support the idea of Pokémon fusion, either. I don't feel as if it would click with the series much.
    well, i could see if it was just certain parts of the pokemon giving the trainer the ability's of the pokemon temporarily in place of hms. for example fusing with a winged pokemon gives the trainer the ability to use fly & go though an eon flute type thing, fusing with an excadrill allows the trainer to escape from a cave, fusing with a golem allows the trainer to move boulders, fusing with a seel would allows a similar experience to the eon flute only under water, ect
    Actually...if we're only getting one game what then what about the second game OrAs's code shows it can trade with...could it be a Yellow remake?
    more then likely: no. they stated around the time of hgss's releases that they where never putting the "following pokemon" thing in the main series games again. it really wouldn't be a yellow remake without that.
    i highly doubt that there's going to be anymore remakes for another gen or 2.
    hmmm, they might be releasing another 6 gen game only set in a completely different region then any of the known ones rather then doing something as predictable as a sequel, prequel or remake. i mean, they did manage to break out 3 regions before in 1 gen outside of spin-offs(kanto remake with sevi isles, hoenn & orre)

Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2016
    how the hell dose(sp) having a pokemon basied(sp) on something else make the thing its(sp) baised(sp) on cannon(sp)? that makes little sense and breaks the canon of various series other then(sp) pokemon.

Talk about making little sense.

Because if this is a "Pokémon fusion" type of thing and this Greninja has fused with Ash, or transformed this way because of Ash in anyway and it appears in-game, then it will make Ash canon. How does that not make sense?

If the Greninja looks this way as a result of Ash then that must mean that Ash is in the game universe too. I don't know how to put it any simpler than that. Note the keyword "if" too. I'm not stating it like it's a fact because we still don't know WHY this Greninja looks the way it does.

Aether

Preparing Emergency Food
    Years
    Oh man, it's really nice to see a tribute to mecha with a legendary this time around.

Do we have any idea of how the Zygarde forms "evolve"?

Years
    Could it be a PLEASE YES.

Actually I'm starting to think that other game that uses the Pentagon might end up being Pokemon Go as it has a link to the main games...if so then discard Yellow remake and Delta Emerald happening at least for this Gen :(...as well as paired sequels (a single could be done if it ignores Lysander...)

Years
    I'm curious as to whether or not TPCi will upload a video for NA about this when the magazine officially comes out on Tuesday. They've done it in the past for megas and general information and imo this fits the bill. Would be even cooler if they just flat out announced the game then, but I strongly believe that they're going to announce that at the end of October around the time of the XYZ debut.

Although it's beginning to look likely that that this will just be a third version, I'm really hoping they chose to go the sequel route, but only chose one game for it as they didn't want to put out six main games in a generation.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    Even if it's a third version they will add new mega evolution that cannot be transferred to ORAS and XY to keep them exclusive to that version and add incentives to buy it.

Years
    Even if it's a third version they will add new mega evolution that cannot be transferred to ORAS and XY to keep them exclusive to that version and add incentives to buy it.
    Exactly right.

I hope to see Mega Machamp, Mega Golem, Mega Xatu, Mega Minun, Mega Plusle, Mega Froslass, Mega Goodra, and the Kalos starters' Megas.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Exactly right.

I hope to see Mega Machamp, Mega Golem, Mega Xatu, Mega Minun, Mega Plusle, Mega Froslass, Mega Goodra, and the Kalos starters' Megas.

I love that list I'm a bit skeptic with the electric bunnies though, as they might end up as another NU Megas like Audino. :(

Mega Slowking, Mega Roserade, Mega Milotic, Mega Kingdra, Mega Staraptor, Mega Electivire, Mega Magmortar and Mega Luxray, please!?

Oh is it already safe to bet on a Mega Flygon now? :P

Because if this is a "Pokémon fusion" type of thing and this Greninja has fused with Ash, or transformed this way because of Ash in anyway and it appears in-game, then it will make Ash canon. How does that not make sense?

If the Greninja looks this way as a result of Ash then that must mean that Ash is in the game universe too. I don't know how to put it any simpler than that. Note the keyword "if" too. I'm not stating it like it's a fact because we still don't know WHY this Greninja looks the way it does.

I hope it's just a term to refer 'Ash's Greninja' or 'Ash's Mega Greninja', a la Pikachu colored Pichu, instead of Shiny Pichu/Different colored Pichu.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    A Question in my head --
    How do we expect Mega Greninja to look like ?
    Its not like Game Freak will put a long Coat on Greninja! I don't expect Greninja body to glow like Naruto Kyoubii mode.
    I mainly expect Mega Greninja's arm to change and has bunch of orb floating around him.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
    I'd like a Mega Luxray too, one that they make into a secondary Dark typing. I've always thought that the Shinx line would have made a really great Electric/Dark Pokémon family.

This is going to sound really weird, but I want to congratulate you guys on your civil reactions to this and overall behavior. Before I decided to try and join a forum dedicated to Pokemon, I have lurked around here and several other major fan sites like Serebii, Pokebeach, GameFAQS, Bulbagarden, ect. After lurking around for about a year, I had made my final decision to join this place. From my observations, this place has seemed to be the most friendliest and most civil out of all the other ones that I listed. Right now, I'm looking at the reactions about the Zygarde revelations on Bulbagarden and Serebii, and it's sad for me to say that the comments and the complaining has gotten pretty out of control at those places. There's the never-ending complaining that "Game Freak can't come up with original designs, they're running out of ideas, they copied from Cell of DBZ, ect." and then there's of course the complaining about "OMG they're diminishing in quality 'cause they're making a 3rd version again, I will no longer support them, they ruin everything." Lord knows that I don't even want to see what Tumblr is like right now.

For the Cell complaints... that's a load of horse pucky. They didn't rip off DBZ, Zygarde is clearly based off of a cellular-zygote organism thing that has nothing to do with DBZ. Cells are real and what all living things are made out of, and living things and death are what the Mortality Trio in Kalos are all about. I'm made out of cells, does that mean I'm stealing ideas from DBZ? Gee, sure feels great to be alive, knowing that I'm ripping off a fictional character. And if Zygarde was ripping Cell off anyways, it would be an evil bastard that's hell-bent on destroying the planet.

For the 3rd version complaints... we haven't even had a game announcement yet, and people are already complaining? Despite hints from the anime, we STILL DON'T KNOW OFFICIALLY if we're going to be getting the generic 3rd version again. Even so, I don't know about you guys, but the 3rd versions have almost always been better improvements from their respective duo versions. Emerald and Platinum were really awesome, and if we do get a Z, I have hope that it will be the same situation. That is something I look forward to, because Kalos needs some fixing that a 3rd version would definitely bring to the table.

Years
    I'd like a Mega Luxray too, one that they make into a secondary Dark typing. I've always thought that the Shinx line would have made a really great Electric/Dark Pokémon family.

This is going to sound really weird, but I want to congratulate you guys on your civil reactions to this and overall behavior. Before I decided to try and join a forum dedicated to Pokemon, I have lurked around here and several other major fan sites like Serebii, Pokebeach, GameFAQS, Bulbagarden, ect. After lurking around for about a year, I had made my final decision to join this place. From my observations, this place has seemed to be the most friendliest and most civil out of all the other ones that I listed. Right now, I'm looking at the reactions about the Zygarde revelations on Bulbagarden and Serebii, and it's sad for me to say that the comments and the complaining has gotten pretty out of control at those places. There's the never-ending complaining that "Game Freak can't come up with original designs, they're running out of ideas, they copied from Cell of DBZ, ect." and then there's of course the complaining about "OMG they're diminishing in quality 'cause they're making a 3rd version again, I will no longer support them, they ruin everything." Lord knows that I don't even want to see what Tumblr is like right now.

For the Cell complaints... that's a load of horse pucky. They didn't rip off DBZ, Zygarde is clearly based off of a cellular-zygote organism thing that has nothing to do with DBZ. Cells are real and what all living things are made out of, and living things and death are what the Mortality Trio in Kalos are all about. I'm made out of cells, does that mean I'm stealing ideas from DBZ? Gee, sure feels great to be alive, knowing that I'm ripping off a fictional character. And if Zygarde was ripping Cell off anyways, it would be an evil bastard that's hell-bent on destroying the planet.

For the 3rd version complaints... we haven't even had a game announcement yet, and people are already complaining? Despite hints from the anime, we STILL DON'T KNOW OFFICIALLY if we're going to be getting the generic 3rd version again. Even so, I don't know about you guys, but the 3rd versions have almost always been better improvements from their respective duo versions. Emerald and Platinum were really awesome, and if we do get a Z, I have hope that it will be the same situation. That is something I look forward to, because Kalos needs some fixing that a 3rd version would definitely bring to the table.

I am pretty sure it'll be as awesome as Emerald and Platinum were. Maybe it's because I enjoyed those two and not W2 as much that I preferred a third version (or a prequel) than a sequel.

The reaction on here toward Pokemon Go seems to be the opposite at least that I've noticed. I like it how thus far I've only read (and made myself) Cell jokes and the like. Zygarde is similar to Kyurem but at the same time the blobs and the dog as well as the fact that it does reach it's Perfect forme makes it different enough in my book.

shadowmoon522

Master of Darkness & Light
    Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 27, 2024

exhibit A: ashchu

from the end of the episode "hocus pokemon" to the beginning of the next episode "as clear as crystal" ash was a pikachu.
    exhibit B: ash's sliggoo/goodra's evolution

unlike with the games, sliggoo evolved from the use of rain dance rather then there being natural rain
    the anime dose not follow the same rules as the games which has led to it being pretty obvious that the way things evolve in the anime don't necessarily do so the same way in the games otherwise they would have been a lot less scrambling around to find a rainy area for most of us with goodra's
    exibit C:
    spiky eared pichu:
    obviously its based on the one from the movie arceus & the jewel of life. but going by game cannon arceus & the jewel of life's events never happen in the games all the information given was that it came from the past with celebi so much that it could no longer evolve. so unless spiky ear is to celebi as rose tyler was to the doctor(traveling across time & space, getting embedded with weird time energy then being trapped in a parallel universe with a different course of events) there's no possible way that the spiky ear in game is the same as the one in the anime.
    same thing go's with the serena's fennekin, serena's pancham, SSB4 greninja, ash's pikachu, team rocket meowth, nobunaga's black rayquaza, juanita's golurk, carlita's hydreigon, ash's scraggy, cilan's pansage, ash's pidove & iris's axew events. they are all biased on pokemon in the anime(except for the one's obviously biased on pokemon from the cross-over games). other then being biased on them, theres no sign that they indicate in anyway that they have any connection to the anime.
    if ash dose fuse with greninja it will either never make it to the games like with ashchu or come in the form of an event like the rest of em.
    they keep the canon spereated outside of a few nods back & forth, or would you rather believe that at any time someone could have just called gold up & have him toss N's hippie ass into ransei via celebi and just been done with it?

whose making complaints about this? all i did was make some small comparisons as a joke. its green, it biased on the same thing cell is: cells & its got the same amount of forms.
    it might be biased a little on cell, but everything in any form of media is biased on something else.

gameinformer: Fans assumed after the release of Pokémon Black and White that we'd see something like a Pokémon Grey. And after Pokémon X and Y, fans were expecting something like a Pokémon Z. Will we no longer see those type of Pokémon games in the future? Extensions of already released Pokémon titles?
    Masuda: For the Pokémon brand, and for Game Freak, our first and foremost goal and top priority with these titles is to always surprise and excite our fans. I'm not going to say we won't ever do those things again, but we consider the timing and what would be the most surprising or exciting for fans at the time. Everyone was really expecting Grey, so it was exciting to come up with something fans really didn't expect.
    and a link

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
    My only complaint is this... it would be weird trying to nickname the Zygarde Dog something like "Fido", "Ginger", "Scooby", and "Butch" because then it would morph into the snake and then into the Transformer. Lysandre is gonna get his butt curb-stomped by Scooby the Transformer of Magic Rainbows.

I just had a thought about Dog-garde. Remember how Zygarde's Pokedex entry talks about how it monitors Kalos' ecosystem? What if it does that by using its Dog Form? Like how a watchdog watches over its master's property, Dog-garde monitors the Kalos region.

Years
    exhibit A: ashchu

from the end of the episode "hocus pokemon" to the beginning of the next episode "as clear as crystal" ash was a pikachu.
    exhibit B: ash's sliggoo/goodra's evolution

unlike with the games, sliggoo evolved from the use of rain dance rather then there being natural rain
    the anime dose not follow the same rules as the games which has led to it being pretty obvious that the way things evolve in the anime don't necessarily do so the same way in the games otherwise they would have been a lot less scrambling around to find a rainy area for most of us with goodra's
    exibit C:
    spiky eared pichu:
    obviously its based on the one from the movie arceus & the jewel of life. but going by game cannon arceus & the jewel of life's events never happen in the games all the information given was that it came from the past with celebi so much that it could no longer evolve. so unless spiky ear is to celebi as rose tyler was to the doctor(traveling across time & space, getting embedded with weird time energy then being trapped in a parallel universe with a different course of events) there's no possible way that the spiky ear in game is the same as the one in the anime.
    same thing go's with the serena's fennekin, serena's pancham, SSB4 greninja, ash's pikachu, team rocket meowth, nobunaga's black rayquaza, juanita's golurk, carlita's hydreigon, ash's scraggy, cilan's pansage, ash's pidove & iris's axew events. they are all biased on pokemon in the anime(except for the one's obviously biased on pokemon from the cross-over games). other then being biased on them, theres no sign that they indicate in anyway that they have any connection to the anime.
    if ash dose fuse with greninja it will either never make it to the games like with ashchu or come in the form of an event like the rest of em.
    they keep the canon spereated outside of a few nods back & forth, or would you rather believe that at any time someone could have just called gold up & have him toss N's hippie ass into ransei via celebi and just been done with it?

whose making complaints about this? all i did was make some small comparisons as a joke. its green, it biased on the same thing cell is: cells & its got the same amount of forms.
    it might be biased a little on cell, but everything in any form of media is biased on something else.

and a link

I think the issue with "Ash's Greninja" is that that is the name Corocoro gave it, so long as they refer to it differently in game I think people will be fine as there's no implication of an Ash. They could also treat it similar to the Alain reference in OrAs and make an obscure one to a character similar to Ash whom this odd Greninja remind this person of. Or maybe Red appears in game and gives us a Greninja (Red has managed to appear in all Gens thus far except for this one), and I say Red as that's Ash's game counterpart.

So Masuda never truly discarded the chance of a Z...hmm...so a traditional third version might be the idea they thought would be the most interesting this time around.

My only complaint is this... it would be weird trying to nickname the Zygarde Dog something like "Fido", "Ginger", "Scooby", and "Butch" because then it would morph into the snake and then into the Transformer. Lysandre is gonna get his butt curb-stomped by Scooby the Transformer of Magic Rainbows.

I just had a thought about Dog-garde. Remember how Zygarde's Pokedex entry talks about how it monitors Kalos' ecosystem? What if it does that by using its Dog Form? Like how a watchdog watches over its master's property, Dog-garde monitors the Kalos region.

I heard a similar theory on youtube about the dog. Also this same person brought up that the dog could be made up of 10 blobs, and snake Zygarde could be made up of five dogs, and giant Zygarde could be made up of two snake Zygarde.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back