• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Third Version Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I'm thinking it could be prequels as unless if they ignore the events of X and Y it'll create issues with which one it's a direct sequel to...
    Or a Emerald style third version.

I would love a prequel as much a you do. ;)

There's one thing that's going in my head though. What if we don't receive a sequel, prequel nor even a third game, but a Kalos retold instead?

Isn't that surprising enough as Masuda has been saying all along? That way they can fix the plot holes they've created in XY (and expanded in ORAS).

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    That would depend on how heavily X and Y are referenced. So long as they keep which legendary was involved vague and keep Lysandre out of it as much as possible assuming he's around at all, then it could be done. And that's assuming the third version turns out to be a singular one anyway and this whole thing with the anime isn't just the anime doing it's own thing yet again or a blatant attempt to mislead people to throw them off with a real surprise when they finally announce the games.
    It could be a reference to their first letters. Of course if it's two versions...who would be the mascot of the other one? Perfect Kyurem perhaps?

I would love a prequel as much a you do. ;)

There's one thing that's going in my head though. What if we don't receive a sequel, prequel nor even a third game, but a Kalos retold instead?

Isn't that surprising enough as Masuda has been saying all along? That way they can fix the plot holes they've created in XY (and expanded in ORAS).

Third versions are practically retold versions of the original pair :P

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    It could be a reference to their first letters. Of course if it's two versions...who would be the mascot of the other one? Perfect Kyurem perhaps?

Third versions are practically retold versions of the original pair :P

I think I worded it badly. The tradition third versions are more like extended plays or deluxe version of the initial pairs.

What I meant by retold is zero similarities, like the plot's flow and or even the town you're beginning with, as well as the towns and cities we're traveling in order.

Years

Maybe they could split the two Zygarde forms between the two versions, with Zygarde 10% being in one and Perfect Zygarde being in the other. I'm not entirely sure how that could work storywise, but whatever they end up doing could involve Team Flare purposefully trying to weaken Zygarde or otherwise tampering with the environment/ecosystem with varying results depending on the version.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    Maybe they could split the two Zygarde forms between the two versions, with Zygarde 10% being in one and Perfect Zygarde being in the other. I'm not entirely sure how that could work storywise, but whatever they end up doing could involve Team Flare purposefully trying to weaken Zygarde or otherwise tampering with the environment/ecosystem with varying results depending on the version.

As nice as this this idea sounds, I find it hard to believe that one version will have a fully evolved strong Pokemon as its mascot while the other one's is only its inferior form.

Years
    I think I worded it badly. The tradition third versions are more like extended plays or deluxe version of the initial pairs.

What I meant by retold is zero similarities, like the plot's flow and or even the town you're beginning with, as well as the towns and cities we're traveling in order.
    I wouldn't like that tbh.
    I don't think they'll do that...it seems to me that we'll first meet blob and over the story the blob will become perfect Zygarde. Zygarde does have 4/5 formes (Core blob & flat blobs, dog, snake, and giant), now if were only three like Kyurem then maybe I could see that.

@ Janejane I agree, most would buy the version with the Giant over the one with the dog or Blob (except for Dog Zygarde fans or Blob Zygarde fans)

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    I think this is just going to be a traditional third installment game like Crystal, Emerald, and Platinum were. I don't think we'll get anything like XZ or YZ or prequels or anything like that, just a straight up Z Version that reintroduces Kalos and focuses on Zygarde. The story is what I'll be curious about, considering if it takes place after XY, there's no more Team Flare. Unless they just do what happened in GSC iirc where Team Rocket was looking for Giovanni but doing their own thing.

Anyway yeah, whatever it will be, I'm pretty excited for it.

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I wouldn't like that tbh.

I don't think they'll do that...it seems to me that we'll first meet blob and over the story the blob will become perfect Zygarde. Zygarde does have 4/5 formes (Core blob & flat blobs, dog, snake, and giant), now if were only three like Kyurem then maybe I could see that.

@ Janejane I agree, most would buy the version with the Giant over the one with the dog or Blob (except for Dog Zygarde fans or Blob Zygarde fans)

I wouldn't like it too. There are so much potential with a prequel/prequels and they can still fix stuff with prequel(s). Let's just call this a bad feeling.

Blobby has forms as well, the blob as we know and the flat one who officially first appeared from last month's scan. I wonder if that indicates, version exclusives? I gues that further extends as 2 games, instead of one game as everyone has been expecting. No, Game Freak, not 2 third versions either.

Is it safe to assume 'The Flower' means Eternal Flower Floette now?

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    X/Y Third Version Speculation Thread

More News will come from Pokemon Fan at September 19.
    We will probably get some info tomorrow from Get TV.

Charizard Gr

Firekeeper
    Years

I can make a possible scenario given that thought of yours. Though the Dog can't be the mascot of a game, it can play a major role during its gameplay. Here's my thought:

Once you set off and defeat two or three gym battles and the rival one or two times, you'll encounter the evil team, whose plan is to capture the legendary Pokemon of this area/unlock its true power/obtain it to serve their reasons etc etc whatever they might need a legendary for. So upon the first encounter with the evil team, they will be battling the dog and trying to capture it, while you go to protect it and help it escape, thus becoming their target. This will happen a couple more times, before the evil team discovers the location and situations that must be met to unlock Zygarde's true power. After failing to capture it and making it rage like hell, you will have to battle it and either capture it or defeat it. You then proceed to fight the leader of the evil team for the last time and the storyline is completed (I do not bring further aspects, just the main theme it could revolve around).

It could work like this. Not saying it will, but totally would. Another aspect is to introduce Volcanion and give us another two games, one with Hoopa as a mascot and the other being Volcanion (XZ - YZ) and Zygarde trying to defeat the evil team when they try to obtain one of the two Pokemon which is for some reason weakened by something. This is very unlikely though since we have no clue yet that Volcanion is a thing, do we?

Same goes for Xerneas and Yveltal too though. May be it is indeed a prequel, where Zygarde fails to protect Xerneas and Yveltal, which are then used to rebuild the ultimate weapon by Team Flare. This one sounds even more likely, though I can only speculate about as of now, with the info we have. We'll see.

Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2016
    It's probably going to be an anime exclusive thing. Ash's Frogadier will probably evolve to look like that from due to Ash's influence or something equally ridiculous and probably wont show up in the games outside of maybe a WiFi distribution event. It wouldn't be the first time the anime pulled something like that (the Spikey Eared Pichu comes to mind).

I don't think that'd be a good idea at all to make it anime exclusive. I can see it just being a mega evolution or new form for Greninja and Ash obtaining it and in the anime people commenting on how much it's like him. I personally think this is just a little homage to the character of Ash with the 20 year anniversary coming up and in-game it'll be treated as just another mega evolution with no connection to Ash.

I'm hoping it's just similar OR it became similar to Ash because their bonds are too close that Greninja has gained a new form. Imo, it's just too messed up to merge a trainer and their Pokémon.

That disturbing moment when you merge with an offspring of your Pokémon and the parent Pokémon technically becomes your parent. @_@ There are more, but it's getting out of topic. I'm hoping that new mechanic isn't fusing with the trainer. Just no.

Please, please, please don't let this be the beginning of a new mechanic of trainers "fusing" with their Pokémon. It seems like the kind of crazy idea they'd come up with though!

Years
    I wouldn't like it too. There are so much potential with a prequel/prequels and they can still fix stuff with prequel(s). Let's just call this a bad feeling.

Blobby has forms as well, the blob as we know and the flat one who officially first appeared from last month's scan. I wonder if that indicates, version exclusives? I gues that further extends as 2 games, instead of one game as everyone has been expecting. No, Game Freak, not 2 third versions either.

Is it safe to assume 'The Flower' means Eternal Flower Floette now?

I don't mind a traditional third version with a bit more changes than usual, what I don't like is an entire change up of XY...

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Someone was saying something before about how having Lysandre in sequel games wouldn't work because of the different endings of X and Y. I think it could still work really. Regardless of why he attempts to fire the weapon in the game, it still results in the building collapsing and either way you don't know if he lives or dies. The weapon probably wasn't really functioning properly since it was missing the key component, the legendary that the player captured just moments ago. There is, afaik, very little difference between the stories of X and Y and they could be intentionally vague about certain details to make it work.

I mean, they already created the Mega Evolution plot issue so I wouldn't be surprised if they create more plot holes/continuity errors.

Regarding Greninja, I'd be totally pissed off if it along with the other 6th gen starters gets a mega evolution. I wasn't expecting anything regarding Greninja at all at this coro coro leak. It's great for competitive use and I get it that they promote it for the fact that it is brand new and want to promote their main games at the moment, but why Greninja? Why not all the starters? And why not give some love to other gens, because to my eyes Greninja is really poorly designed, probably second worse behind Samurott. Show some love to Feraligatr, Empoleon, Typhlosion, Infernape or Serperior dammit!
    Eh, they've been playing favorites since the beginning. Charizard and Mewtwo got 2 megas mainly because they are by far the most popular Kanto starter and legendary Pokemon, respectively. Raichu is continually shafted in favor of Pikachu. Blaziken is the more popular Hoenn starter so it got a mega before Sceptile and Swampert did. And Greninja is easily the most popular Kalos starter, so they're giving it special treatment in the anime and it even made it into Smash Bros over several other possible Pokemon that could've been newcomers.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Please, please, please don't let this be the beginning of a new mechanic of trainers "fusing" with their Pokémon. It seems like the kind of crazy idea they'd come up with though!

I personally don't support the idea of Pokémon fusion, either. I don't feel as if it would click with the series much.

Charizard Gr

Firekeeper
    Years
    Eh, they've been playing favorites since the beginning. Charizard and Mewtwo got 2 megas mainly because they are by far the most popular Kanto starter and legendary Pokemon, respectively. Raichu is continually shafted in favor of Pikachu. Blaziken is the more popular Hoenn starter so it got a mega before Sceptile and Swampert did. And Greninja is easily the most popular Kalos starter, so they're giving it special treatment in the anime and it even made it into Smash Bros over several other possible Pokemon that could've been newcomers.

Well I'm aware of that, Gamefreak aren't stupid not to give the fans what they want. I mean, Charizard is by far one of the most beloved Pokemon and Gamefreak do anything they can to keep him as the leader (2 mega evos, Pokken appearance, Mega Special episodes as main Pokemon, Smash Bros etc etc). I see that Greninja is also likeable to the people, more than the other two starters even due to its usability in competitive battles, but that is not enough alone to give it a mega/special something in favor of the other two. After all, it is a 6th gen Pokemon, isn't it a bit too early for 6th gen mons to get megas? Not that it matters WHEN they get it, but still, their stats and abilities are really good for now, so you can say that they do not require Megas as of yet, rather in a couple of years when the amount of Pokemon will be larger and the Pokemon will be more powerful etc etc.

Quick summary: Greninja too OP for Mega, pls don't.

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Since Masuda made it clear in an ORAS interview that they aren't investing in things like Battle Frontier, it's foreseeable we're not getting good post-game features (by post-game features I mean Battle Facilities and fun stuff, not Delta Episodes or Looker Episodes). Though I'm still hoping we're getting great surprises on that area.

I know no one really cares but make Dexio and the another girl as our main character, please? :P

Years
    Since Masuda made it clear in an ORAS interview that they aren't investing in things like Battle Frontier, it's foreseeable we're not getting good post-game features (by post-game features I mean Battle Facilities and fun stuff, not Delta Episodes or Looker Episodes). Though I'm still hoping we're getting great surprises on that area.

I know no one really cares but make Dexio and the another girl as our main character, please? :P

Could have been a lie to keep us OrAs fans from rioting...

I think they might be the rivals of a prequel.

Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2016
    I personally don't support the idea of Pokémon fusion, either. I don't feel as if it would click with the series much.

I mean I suppose if 5 years ago people were talking about a rumour of being able to evolve Pokémon past their third stage, mid-battle, to equal the strength of legendaries, only for them to revert after battle AND that the Kanto starters would be three of the ones to get these "new evolutions" then people would say the same thing about that. And here we are!*

*Still don't like the idea of Pokémon/trainer fusion though...

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Could have been a lie to keep us OrAs fans from rioting...

I think they might be the rivals of a prequel.

I still insist they couldn't program the Emerald one for ORAS, obviously they are too ashamed to admit it. On the other hand, they can't just completely replace it with a new one for the sake of not replacing the Hoenn Battle Frontier.

But hey, it's possible to introduce a whole new one for Kalos. No one's gonna riot for the sake of originally.

So our climax involves/take place in the boring Terminus Cave this time. -_-

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Well I'm aware of that, Gamefreak aren't stupid not to give the fans what they want. I mean, Charizard is by far one of the most beloved Pokemon and Gamefreak do anything they can to keep him as the leader (2 mega evos, Pokken appearance, Mega Special episodes as main Pokemon, Smash Bros etc etc). I see that Greninja is also likeable to the people, more than the other two starters even due to its usability in competitive battles, but that is not enough alone to give it a mega/special something in favor of the other two. After all, it is a 6th gen Pokemon, isn't it a bit too early for 6th gen mons to get megas? Not that it matters WHEN they get it, but still, their stats and abilities are really good for now, so you can say that they do not require Megas as of yet, rather in a couple of years when the amount of Pokemon will be larger and the Pokemon will be more powerful etc etc.

It is enough for Game Freak though. If a Pokemon (or feature or anything) has enough popularity and exposure, they sure as hell are gonna milk it and ride dat train as far as they can.

Though I do agree with you that it's too early to give 6th Gen Pokemon megas. Funnily enough I'm pretty sure that Game Freak once felt the same way but then totally did a 180 by giving Diancie a mega.

Quick summary: Greninja too OP for Mega, pls don't.

Yeah, I'd hope this too, but we can't assume that they won't anymore =( Not when they made the Mega Mewtwos and Mega Rayquaza.

dear arceus if they give us a shit post-game I'll be fuckin pissed

I've heard people say this one before.....I still think it ain't happenin'

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back