• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Third Version Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
  • I can't believe it... the game or games haven't even been announced yet, and I'm already browsing through X/Y's Pokedex list on Serebii to pick out my new team. :/
    Don't get your hopes up, it's possible that no game will be announced. Let's keep our expectations low.

I hope Corocoro leaks while I sleep.

shadowmoon522

Master of Darkness & Light
    Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    While it's obvious, you can ask Game Freak for that! {XD} But yeah, your speculation is actually good and interesting. I like it a lot! ;)
    a lot of my theories tend to be outside the spectrum of things.
    though it is satisfying when one of my theories that got shot down as being impossible comes into fruition & i laugh at those who call it a plot hole later on even though it makes perfect sense but their to blind to see it.
    besides, its not even among the worst pokemon theories i've had.
    neither is the one in the spoiler(due to curses, you have been warned) about ash's aging process in the anime
    Spoiler:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    The chance of Orre or some other spin-off region being a major part of the main series games is pretty low since Game Freak likes to keep the canons between the main series, spin-offs, anime, and mangas separate, partly because they don't really have the rights to any of the spin-offs, anime, or manga since they only develop the main series games.

Though I say say "low" and not "impossible" now, since they DID make a reference to the Mega Evolution Specials in ORAS, and if Masuda or whoever said that they want to be unpredictable or surprise or whatever exactly he said about what he wants to do with the next games is serious about that then idk I guess shit's possible.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    The chance of Orre or some other spin-off region being a major part of the main series games is pretty low since Game Freak likes to keep the canons between the main series, spin-offs, anime, and mangas separate, partly because they don't really have the rights to any of the spin-offs, anime, or manga since they only develop the main series games.

Though I say say "low" and not "impossible" now, since they DID make a reference to the Mega Evolution Specials in ORAS, and if Masuda or whoever said that they want to be unpredictable or surprise or whatever exactly he said about what he wants to do with the next games is serious about that then idk I guess shit's possible.

Yeah, the situation is similar to a well known fighting game. They can't use the characters that were developed and owned by the other companies, even if they own the main franchise.

However, references are possible since they are simply citing rather than actually including, altering and editing the spinoffs. :)

To sum up, The chances for Orre to be part of any future main games, including the sister games of Gen VI, is likely nah.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • Don't get your hopes up, it's possible that no game will be announced. Let's keep our expectations low.

Eh, true, especially if they decide to pull a 6.5 on us and give us some new 'mons to choose from. It's still kind of fun picking out a team, though. I'm thinking of choosing Chesnaught this time, I've never really gave the Grass starters a chance unfortunately. I'm so used to going with the Fire starters because towards the beginning of the games, it's hard to find Fire-types in the wild usually.

Years
  • Eh, true, especially if they decide to pull a 6.5 on us and give us some new 'mons to choose from. It's still kind of fun picking out a team, though. I'm thinking of choosing Chesnaught this time, I've never really gave the Grass starters a chance unfortunately. I'm so used to going with the Fire starters because towards the beginning of the games, it's hard to find Fire-types in the wild usually.

I might also choose Chesnaught. I have chosen every Fire Starter as a starter at some point (Blaziken in Emerald, Typhlosion in SS, Emboar in W2, Delphox in Y, Charizard in Y) compared to the occasional grass starter (Venusaur in FR, Serperior in W, and Sceptile in Omega Ruby) and water starter (Swampert in Sapphire, Empoleon in Platinum, and Samurott in B2). If I do choose Chesnaught then I'll pick Blastoise as my Kanto starter (if that is still an option in these upcoming games...if they're replaced by Johto starters then I'll take Feraligatr).

Marky Vigoroth

...I just liked the Skarmory icon.
    Years
  • An August-October 2015 window for the announcement makes sense. I had also expected them to announce it last month but alas they didn't. I think we could get it this month too.
    Given the importance and new information Mega Evolution Act 4 Special would bring plus the new CoroCoro issue on the 15th (source from Serebii.net), I believe that this window shall be correct.

shadowmoon522

Master of Darkness & Light
    Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 7, 2024

Though I say say "low" and not "impossible" now, since they DID make a reference to the Mega Evolution Specials in ORAS, and if Masuda or whoever said that they want to be unpredictable or surprise or whatever exactly he said about what he wants to do with the next games is serious about that then idk I guess muk's possible.

yet both the orre region games & pokemon ranger games have the same cannon & are in the same world as the main series games

Years
  • yet both the orre region games & pokemon ranger games have the same cannon & are in the same world as the main series games

I think this is fan speculation with GF not confirming anything. Fiore looks like what is meant to be west of the island Sinnoh is part of which is used to back the theory up.

Talking about Spin offs the TGC has a region called Holon which is suppose to be North of Kanto (I'm guessing south of Sinnoh and Fiore if spin off regions are to be counted as canon). There is a fan theory that Orre is north of Johto and west of Holon (the center of Japan). Yet the creators confirmed that Orre is based on Arizona and if the regions match up with their real world counterparts placement wise then a game with Kalos,Hoenn, and Orre in one wouldn't make sense (unless if a plane is involved).

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • If I do choose Chesnaught then I'll pick Blastoise as my Kanto starter (if that is still an option in these upcoming games...if they're replaced by Johto starters then I'll take Feraligatr).

I've wondered about that... would they still give us the option of choosing a secondary starter Pokémon again? Since Kalos had given us the Kanto starters as part of some throwback campaign for Kanto, I wonder if a different setting and storyline for the upcoming game or games would dictate whether we get that option again or not. If not, I think it would be a great opportunity for them to give the Johto starters some Mega-Evolutions. A Mega-Meganium would be awesome... heck, all 3 of them having Megas would be awesome.

Years
  • I've wondered about that... would they still give us the option of choosing a secondary starter Pokémon again? Since Kalos had given us the Kanto starters as part of some throwback campaign for Kanto, I wonder if a different setting and storyline for the upcoming game or games would dictate whether we get that option again or not. If not, I think it would be a great opportunity for them to give the Johto starters some Mega-Evolutions. A Mega-Meganium would be awesome... heck, all 3 of them having Megas would be awesome.

Maybe they'll give them Megas but require us to either transfer them over/trade them over (from ORAS or some we bred in XYOrAs). It could lead to a spike in Johto starter trading.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Personally, if they were to give us a second starter Pokémon, I'd like it if they were to do it throughout the storyline, and not post-game. Beginning would be preferable, as I believe it would help lending us a head start.

Years
  • Personally, if they were to give us a second starter Pokémon, I'd like it if they were to do it throughout the storyline, and not post-game. Beginning would be preferable, as I believe it would help lending us a head start.

You mean like XY did with the Kanto starters? Or even earlier than that?

I read some pretty interesting rumors on 4chan that are likely fake but I wouldn't mind being real, they were; a new Legendary trio, as well as 50 new Megas, a southern Kalos, a new professor, and a device with features similar to the Pokenav.

Years
  • Seeing as corocoro gets released early in japan this month (comes out on the 13th due to a holiday) we should probably have leaks from later tonight to tommorow-ish. I'm not expecting a game announcement though. In cases where something hectic is announced, the leaker usually rushes to get it out early (like 3-4 days in advance).

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • Seeing as corocoro gets released early in japan this month (comes out on the 13th due to a holiday) we should probably have leaks from later tonight to tommorow-ish. I'm not expecting a game announcement though. In cases where something hectic is announced, the leaker usually rushes to get it out early (like 3-4 days in advance).

I didn't think it was supposed to be out early, because last month stated that the next issue would be released on the 15th. Maybe they forgot to mention the holiday?

That would be awesome if the leaks came out at midnight tonight my time... not last month's, but the month before had the leaks up at midnight MDT after I got off work that night. I had a hard time falling asleep when I went to bed though, too much excitement lol.

EDIT: Oh dear lord... look at Serebii's homepage, guys. Imminent video announcement incoming. We spoke too soon, lmao.

Years
  • I didn't think it was supposed to be out early, because last month stated that the next issue would be released on the 15th. Maybe they forgot to mention the holiday?

That would be awesome if the leaks came out at midnight tonight my time... not last month's, but the month before had the leaks up at midnight MDT after I got off work that night. I had a hard time falling asleep when I went to bed though, too much excitement lol.

EDIT: Oh dear lord... look at Serebii's homepage, guys. Imminent video announcement incoming. We spoke too soon, lmao.
    I came back from looking at Serebii. I wonder what the "new partner companies will be introduced" means. That parts makes me doubt it's going to be about the upcoming main games. Unless the next games are going to be so important that GF is brining others on board to help them with it. Either way it's 12:31 Pm in Japan as of this post, we'll know in 2 and a half hours.

Last edited:

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • That would be really interesting if they decided to bring in somebody else to help with the upcoming game(s). If they do intend on making the game(s) important enough for the upcoming 20th Anniversary, I can kind of see why they would want to seek extra help to make it really special.

I know it's not a good idea to get too hyped, but all of the upcoming stuff that's going to be expected is making it really hard to just ignore it. It's strange that they chose only a few days before this specific CoroCoro's release to be doing something like this... or at least it's strange to me anyways.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back