• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Third Version Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
Years
  • There is both a possibility and an impossibility that Pokémon Z will come out.
    Reasons for:
    1. Zygarde has had a lot of development lately.
    Reasons against:
    1. There's basically nothing to add there. There probably won't be a Battle Frontier or anything.
    2. Generation V didn't have a third version, so it's possible there'd be X2 and Y2.

Any other suggestions?

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    There is both a possibility and an impossibility that Pokémon Z will come out.
    Reasons for:
    1. Zygarde has had a lot of development lately.
    Reasons against:
    1. There's basically nothing to add there. There probably won't be a Battle Frontier or anything.
    2. Generation V didn't have a third version, so it's possible there'd be X2 and Y2.

Any other suggestions?

They are trying to give Zygarde more time to shine and develop (in other Pokémon franchises and medias), that's how it looks like. (:

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • Somebody on Serebii just brought up a really interesting point. Up until now, the "3rd version Legendary" has never played a huge role alongside the regional evil team in the main anime. For example... Rayquaza was never involved with the Kyogre/Aqua VS Groudon/Magma battle. Giratina didn't try to stop Team Galactic in the DP series, and Team Plasma didn't try using Kyurem. But this time, Zygarde will be featured and the target of Flare.

Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2019
    Somebody on Serebii just brought up a really interesting point. Up until now, the "3rd version Legendary" has never played a huge role alongside the regional evil team in the main anime. For example... Rayquaza was never involved with the Kyogre/Aqua VS Groudon/Magma battle. Giratina didn't try to stop Team Galactic in the DP series, and Team Plasma didn't try using Kyurem. But this time, Zygarde will be featured and the target of Flare.
    Wasn't the whole plot of B2/W2 Plasma using Kyurem to fuse with Reshiram/Zekrom?

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    I found a really interesting theory video on the origins of volcanion, how he has affected past games, what the events ingame for him currently could mean, his connection to team flare, and his overall importance to Z. There are some really interesting finds and thoughts in here! I think it's worth watching and discussing!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3e9eJwduT8
    ( the embedding isn't working for some reason)

Thoughts?

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I found a really interesting theory video on the origins of volcanion, how he has affected past games, what the events ingame for him currently could mean, his connection to team flare, and his overall importance to Z. There are some really interesting finds and thoughts in here! I think it's worth watching and discussing!

Thoughts?
    Volcanion does look mechanical, and I do think it was the Pyramid King who was recording him. However Rayquaza also has an odd organ (Mikado Organ) and looks kind of mechanical too, as do Zekrom, Palkia, and Dialga. It being man made is possible, but it'll feel like a rip off of Genesect (more so than Mewtwo as in game Genesect is confirmed to be created by an evil team unlike Mewtwo who is anime and manga only confirmed to have been made by Team Rocket, plus Genesect is the final mon of the Unova dex).

I like the idea of it impacting the various regions.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Volcanion does look mechanical, and I do think it was the Pyramid King who was recording him. However Rayquaza also has an odd organ (Mikado Organ) and looks kind of mechanical too, as do Zekrom, Palkia, and Dialga. It being man made is possible, but it'll feel like a rip off of Genesect (more so than Mewtwo as in game Genesect is confirmed to be created by an evil team unlike Mewtwo who is anime and manga only confirmed to have been made by Team Rocket, plus Genesect is the final mon of the Unova dex).

I like the idea of it impacting the various regions.
    True, it would be kind of similar and he can be natural. Which is why I thought of something. What if volcanion is somehow affected by the zygarde cells? Perhaps the cores or cells somehow altered it as well as rayquazza? That would explain the unique organs they have. Plus the cores are being heavily marketed as well as the next movie which he's a bigger star in with this gens mascot trio legend. So maybe it's all connected?

Years
  • True, it would be kind of similar and he can be natural. Which is why I thought of something. What if Volcanion is somehow affected by the Zygarde cells? Perhaps the cores or cells somehow altered it as well as Rayquaza? That would explain the unique organs they have. Plus the cores are being heavily marketed as well as the next movie which he's a bigger star in with this gens mascot trio legend. So maybe it's all connected?

Well during OrAs's release it was mentioned that it's Mega Evolution was tied to it's unique biology. I bet that Volcanion's organ will give it a Mega similar to Rayquaza if it doesn't get a Primal, that way it's new form will be different from Mega Diancie's, giving all three unique transformations. Perhaps it'll be tied to it's signature move too, similar to how Keldeo's Resolution forme is to Keldeo's own signature move.

shadowmoon522

Master of Darkness & Light
    Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I found a really interesting theory video on the origins of volcanion, how he has affected past games, what the events ingame for him currently could mean, his connection to team flare, and his overall importance to Z. There are some really interesting finds and thoughts in here! I think it's worth watching and discussing!

Thoughts?
    yeah, theres a bit of an inconstancy.
    namely the theory in that vid that volcanion recently leveled johto
    if volcanion did level johto, then it had to have done so at least over 700 years prior to gen 1, after all that was when the bell & brass tower where constructed in ecruteak city and it may have been even longer ago in the past then that given that the unown writing system was carved into the walls of the ruins of alph 1500 years prior to G/S/C/HG/SS.
    if there has been only one group to know of it, we're talking Illuminati level here.
    if that group was team flare, then how long have those nut cases been around for?
    honestly, i can't see the current team flare as being older then lysandre. it might be possible that lysandre inherited it from his father and completely overhauled it and changed the name. if thats the case, then where along lysandre's brother's line did it get created?
    team "flare" might have come from something a lot older that may very well had a hand in more then a few incidents.
    including the creation of doritos
    X/Y Third Version Speculation Thread

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    yeah, theres a bit of an inconstancy.
    if volcanion did level johto, then it had to have done so at least over 700 years prior to gen 1, after all that was when the bell & brass tower where constructed in ecruteak city and it may have been even longer ago in the past then that given that the unown writing system was carved into the walls of the ruins of alph 1500 years prior to G/S/C/HG/SS.
    if there has been only one group to know of it, we're talking Illuminati level here.
    if that group was team flare, then how long have those nut cases been around for?
    honestly, i can't see the current team flare as being older then lysandre. it might be possible that lysandre inherited it from his father and completely overhauled it and changed the name. if thats the case, then where along lysandre's brother's line did it get created?
    team "flare" might have come from something a lot older that may very well had a hand in more then a few incidents.
    WIth the Johto part, it could still work without being super ancient. Think of areas like the safari zone in Heartgold. If the theory is right, Brandon and co tracked it down to cianwood, which conveniently host the safari zone in which the land was able to be leveled and built upon. Perhaps it was more recent years that he affected Johto, and it wasn't a huge amount, but enough to change the landscape. With the group thing, I thought he was trying to imply that the group that Brandon led, was a small expedition team hired by Lysandre to go find this pokemon. After all no one thought that such an innovator and upstanding member of society had evil intentions. So perhaps lysandre was able to convince them to seek out volcanion in attempts to catch it and use it for power, but it never came to light and the expedition was ended with no good results. And that picture is great!
    Well during OrAs's release it was mentioned that it's Mega Evolution was tied to it's unique biology. I bet that Volcanion's organ will give it a Mega similar to Rayquaza if it doesn't get a Primal, that way it's new form will be different from Mega Diancie's, giving all three unique transformations. Perhaps it'll be tied to it's signature move too, similar to how Keldeo's Resolution forme is to Keldeo's own signature move.
    I could see this happen, perhaps even steam eruption would trigger it? Although it would have to have been in ORAS code unless it would be tied to Z only.

Years
  • yeah, theres a bit of an inconstancy.

It is inconsistent with that, unless if it was a limited area like Zoroarkrules said.

Speaking of Illuminati, the Knight's Templars, which Plasma was partially based on (being a mixed of them and Peta) had several headquarters in France and were shut down by a French King as France owed a lot of money to them. Now, I wonder if Plasma might've had a similar presence in Kalos, especially when considering that Unova has a connection to Kalos. Perhaps it was Plasma who knows of Volcanion, as they have been in multiple regions like Sinnoh (as they got the Creation trio's orbs from there), and know of what happened in Johto &/or Kanto, but somehow missed Hoenn...now think about it, Volcanion was not spotted in Hoenn...the one region Ghetsis doesn't mention the evil teams of in BW.

Also the evil team that was looking for a legend near Anistar might've been Plasma too. If it wasn't Plasma, and we know it wasn't Flare then it might've been a team that existed before them and looked around Anistar for info on a certain legendary.

Actually maybe the team that was looking for Volcanion was Archie and Maxie's old team...someone in OrAs mentions that they used to belong to the same team a long time ago. It'll make sense as it's both water and fire...

There was also a Team who got tricked by Hoopa...so there seems to be a lot of unknown groups that existed. Perhaps the group looking around Anistar for information was looking for Diancie instead of Zygarde...if so then the hidden legends were all pursued.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • Funny thing is all this talk of Illuminati and the theory of Team Flare existing long ago is making me think of HYDRA's origin-story retcon in Agents of SHIELD. Cut off one head and another grows in its place. There's also the interesting theory within the fandom that Flare was involved with the whole Devon Corp/Sea Mauville fiasco.

Anyways... yeah, there is some inconsistencies in that video, but I thought the bit of Volcanion having connections to other regions was rather interesting nonetheless. The thing about Volcanion being teased as "big news" while Hoopa and Diancie were not could all be coincidence though... I can't say much on that one because I can't even remember if they were hyped that much or not.

Years
  • Funny thing is all this talk of Illuminati and the theory of Team Flare existing long ago is making me think of HYDRA's origin-story retcon in Agents of SHIELD. Cut off one head and another grows in its place. There's also the interesting theory within the fandom that Flare was involved with the whole Devon Corp/Sea Mauville fiasco.

Anyways... yeah, there is some inconsistencies in that video, but I thought the bit of Volcanion having connections to other regions was rather interesting nonetheless. The thing about Volcanion being teased as "big news" while Hoopa and Diancie were not could all be coincidence though... I can't say much on that one because I can't even remember if they were hyped that much or not.

My theory is that it was AZ.

I don't recall them being called Big news. Btw Jump Festa is starting later today (US time), wasn't Pokemon going to have a booth at the event? I remember that Pokemon Conquest was announced there.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Isn't Zygarde being featured only in movies, and not the main show? I haven't been keeping up with the news for a while, though, so I could be wrong, haha.

shadowmoon522

Master of Darkness & Light
    Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    It is inconsistent with that, unless if it was a limited area like Zoroarkrules said.
    that may also depend upon the world. HG/SS GS/C are all set in different universes, otherwise theres to much of an inconstancy to to events repeating the same way a second time with all the characters involved in both sets not remembering it already happened, but a bit differently.

Speaking of Illuminati, the Knight's Templars, which Plasma was partially based on (being a mixed of them and Peta) had several headquarters in France and were shut down by a French King as France owed a lot of money to them. Now, I wonder if Plasma might've had a similar presence in Kalos, especially when considering that Unova has a connection to Kalos. Perhaps it was Plasma who knows of Volcanion, as they have been in multiple regions like Sinnoh (as they got the Creation trio's orbs from there), and know of what happened in Johto &/or Kanto, but somehow missed Hoenn...now think about it, Volcanion was not spotted in Hoenn...the one region Ghetsis doesn't mention the evil teams of in BW.

thats because maxie and archie didn't want nor go for world domination like Ghetsis & Giovonni
    nor did they want to wipe out the existing universe & become a god like cyrus.
    aqua only wanted to expand the sea for the sake of people & pokemon
    magma only wanted to expand the land for the sake of people & pokemon
    by all means team aqua & manga thought they where doing the right thing, straight up to their leaders. they where never a evil teams, just a bunch of righteous idiots trying to make the world a better place in the worst way possible.

Also the evil team that was looking for a legend near Anistar might've been Plasma too. If it wasn't Plasma, and we know it wasn't Flare then it might've been a team that existed before them and looked around Anistar for info on a certain legendary.

Actually maybe the team that was looking for Volcanion was Archie and Maxie's old team...someone in OrAs mentions that they used to belong to the same team a long time ago. It'll make sense as it's both water and fire...
    that brings me back to what i said about team flare possible being a reboot of a team lead by lysandre's father(or mother.

There was also a Team who got tricked by Hoopa...so there seems to be a lot of unknown groups that existed. Perhaps the group looking around Anistar for information was looking for Diancie instead of Zygarde...if so then the hidden legends were all pursued.
    that might have been more of a reference to a thousand and one nights + the fact that djinns are known as tricksters

Funny thing is all this talk of Illuminati and the theory of Team Flare existing long ago is making me think of HYDRA's origin-story retcon in Agents of SHIELD. Cut off one head and another grows in its place. There's also the interesting theory within the fandom that Flare was involved with the whole Devon Corp/Sea Mauville fiasco.
    and maybe the true villain has been sitting comfortably in pallet town this entire time

add in the missing ones: Snagem, Cipher, Flare
    GRAMP'S FC(full combo)

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • My theory is that it was AZ.

I don't recall them being called Big news. Btw Jump Festa is starting later today (US time), wasn't Pokemon going to have a booth at the event? I remember that Pokemon Conquest was announced there.

Yeah, TPC's Japanese Twitter account had posted a tweet saying they'll have a booth there. I'm keeping hopes low, but I'm also keeping a weary eyeball out for it too.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back