• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Xbox 360 or PS3?

PS3 or Xbox360

• Xbox 360

Votes: 41 75.9%
  • Playstation 3

Votes: 13 24.1%

• Total voters

Tombstone975

The grass is always greener.
    Years
    Tombstone stop trying to coax me into another flamefest, you do this every thread we both post in, and you're constantly bombarding my profile with personal attacks, you seriously need to stop before it gets out of hand.
    Me coax you into your flamefest,If anything im trying to set and example of you arrogant nature.
    Fine if your so edgy I'll leave you to the staff to deal with you.

CP3

2Pac is still alive!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    Someone who clearly knows the difference between PS3 and 360.
    Neither one is the same, yet you cleverly claimed they are, except 360 is "better"

Had you had any knowledge about them, you'd know PS3 is on top tech wise. You'd also know Fallout 3 has the same graphics because it was built to play on both systems, instead of being built seperately.
    You know what I'm not going to go into a flame war, but what I meant was that x-360 and ps3 offer similar thing but has more to offer I wasn't talking about tech anywhere in my post except for when I was talking about the graphics (that was probably where I was wrong).

Vincent.

//**
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Mar 2, 2010
    in my opinion, i choose 360, i don't think ps3 is good but i don't have one.

Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2009
    Reasons for Ps3:

Ps3 has more games coming out soon. (and had best games of the year for 2008)

A cheap Blu-Ray player

Free online

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    You know what I'm not going to go into a flame war, but what I meant was that x-360 and ps3 offer similar thing but has more to offer I wasn't talking about tech anywhere in my post except for when I was talking about the graphics (that was probably where I was wrong).

fair play mate, sorry if I offended you. I can't see what 360 offers that PS3 doesn't, outside of a better however much more expensive online service.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Whichever is cheaper... they're almost the same thing IMO.

Price won't be a real issue soon, PS3 is expected to go down to $299 in April (something like £230 is the rumoured price for us Brits) which doesnt leave it miles off of the price of a (decent) 360.

Years
    Just because the price is expected to go down, that doesn't mean it will.

I would say go for the 360. Just my preference, since everyone I know has one, and we like to trade games with eachother.

If you get a 360, you will likey get a Jasper (unless you buy used, of course). The Jasper uses the new 65nm GPU process, which runs much cooler than the 90nm on the Falcon, Zephyr, Xenon, and Opus, which means lessened chance of RRoD.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Just because the price is expected to go down, that doesn't mean it will.

I would say go for the 360. Just my preference, since everyone I know has one, and we like to trade games with eachother.

If you get a 360, you will likey get a Jasper (unless you buy used, of course). The Jasper uses the new 65nm GPU process, which runs much cooler than the 90nm on the Falcon, Zephyr, Xenon, and Opus, which means lessened chance of RRoD.

I worded that wrong, what I meant is Sony annouced a deff. price drop which people are expecting to happen around April.

You can tell when its a Jasper now by the code.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    tl;dr at the point you kept repeating yourself, sorry.

Answer me this, if i said something wildly untrue about 360, and posted it as fact, would you not feel inclined to correct me?

You'll notice hardly ANY of the people i've argued with have said "I like 360 better because I feel it has better..." it's all being "360 is better because <insert fiction here>"

Double standards much?

Oh and "Slow"...that cut deep man, real deep ;)
    And no, I don't own 360, however I am planning on getting one soonish.

And I do feel kind of let down by the fact you've changed what I;ve said, I've never said I hated the 360. I've simply stated why I feel PS3 is superior. It's almost worrying that a member of authority would act like this.
    I can not stand people like that... people like you. Who go "Your post is too long. I'm not going to read it.". That really really pisses me off. You want other people to hear your side of the things, you want people to do do what you have to say. And when someone is on the other side of the fence you don't want to hear it, you brand it as "too long to read.". Well suck it up, if you don't want to deal with someone replying to you then don't start crap.

https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=4277798&postcount=8
    There's my answer to your question. If you don't understand it, or don't get what I'm saying then just reply back here.

The same goes for the link I posted above.

It is double standards, but if you don't get why I said all of that then you missed the whole point of it all.

And good, you're expanding your gaming experience. Get that 360, get some games for it, and then you'll be able to talk about both systems from the "I own both" point of view.

And I don't give a damn what you, or anyone thinks of me. I'm not going to hide behind my SA title just so I can't reply to people like you. And if you think my name being red, or being on the Staff is going to stop me from speaking my mind then you're sadly mistaken.
    And if you're worried about "a member of authority" acting like this then... whoopty flippen do. You can deal with it, or... leave. Because you should be glad I'm not as narrow minded as some people (or as you might think). I don't randomly ban people, I don't randomly give infractions. And if you thought we did then you're sadly mistaken, and don't know enough about the Staff.
    If you want to be worried because an SA replied to you in the tone you replied to the others then go ahead, be worried. Run off to another Staff member and cry to them saying "Arcanine yelled at me. ;.;.....", I don't care.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    I can not stand people like that... people like you. Who go "Your post is too long. I'm not going to read it.". That really really pisses me off. You want other people to hear your side of the things, you want people to do do what you have to say. And when someone is on the other side of the fence you don't want to hear it, you brand it as "too long to read.". Well suck it up, if you don't want to deal with someone replying to you then don't start crap.

https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=4277798&postcount=8
    There's my answer to your question. If you don't understand it, or don't get what I'm saying then just reply back here.

The same goes for the link I posted above.

It is double standards, but if you don't get why I said all of that then you missed the whole point of it all.

And good, you're expanding your gaming experience. Get that 360, get some games for it, and then you'll be able to talk about both systems from the "I own both" point of view.

And I don't give a damn what you, or anyone thinks of me. I'm not going to hide behind my SA title just so I can't reply to people like you. And if you think my name being red, or being on the Staff is going to stop me from speaking my mind then you're sadly mistaken.
    And if you're worried about "a member of authority" acting like this then... whoopty flippen do. You can deal with it, or... leave. Because you should be glad I'm not as narrow minded as some people (or as you might think). I don't randomly ban people, I don't randomly give infractions. And if you thought we did then you're sadly mistaken, and don't know enough about the Staff.
    If you want to be worried because an SA replied to you in the tone you replied to the others then go ahead, be worried. Run off to another Staff member and cry to them saying "Arcanine yelled at me. ;.;.....", I don't care.

Don't get me wrong, i tried reading your wall of text but after the third "you're slow lololol" i gave up caring, because lets be honest, no one needs to read the same thing 3 odd times in the same post.

I didn't accuse the staff, or yourself of bending rules and abusing power, I merely stated that the red username should come with the responsibility of not lowering yourself to "my level" because lets be honest here, you've acted no better than myself. Up till now I had also seen you as an honest guy, but after twisting my words, I didn't think members of Staff would be so petty. The fact you admitted to having double standards in this thread pretty much removes all credibility in what you're saying =/

It seems to me you're just trying to make an example of the "enemy". A member of staff who ignores all the bias from his own preferred consoles fanbase, but strikes at the first sign of a returned attitude from someone from the opposite side.

Run off to another Staff member and cry to them saying "Arcanine yelled at me

Why would I do that? I have no problem with the whole "Karma" thing you're trying to portray.

You're missing the point that I've played a lot of 360 games on the 360. Unlike the majority of the anti PS3 posters in this thread, who have never once touched a PS3.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Had this been a war between Xbox 360 and Playstation 2, I would have chosen Playstation 2; but it's not, so I'm going to have to go with Xbox 360.

Playstation 3 is the only game system that I've yet to get yet and for a few reasons that I just feel are very important when picking consoles, despite the game selection out there. First, the actual system itself is extremely ugly; looks way too much like a movie logo for Spiderman than a console. Now, I've only played it a few times, and everytime I play it I notice a few things: the controller's functions really piss me off, the graphics on the games suck, the performance is jokable, etc. The list really goes on and on for terms of disappointments.

Xbox, though it hasn't always been my preferred system, is just much more reliable; though that has a lenthy list of personal opinionated cons; mainly the fact that I can't connect to Xbox Live but that's due to my computer. But ever since the new dashboard was released; I've disliked it more and more. It's ugly and hard to navigate. I want the old one back. ;~;

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Had this been a war between Xbox 360 and Playstation 2, I would have chosen Playstation 2; but it's not, so I'm going to have to go with Xbox 360.

Playstation 3 is the only game system that I've yet to get yet and for a few reasons that I just feel are very important when picking consoles, despite the game selection out there. First, the actual system itself is extremely ugly; looks way too much like a movie logo for Spiderman than a console. Now, I've only played it a few times, and everytime I play it I notice a few things: the controller's functions really piss me off, the graphics on the games suck, the performance is jokable, etc. The list really goes on and on for terms of disappointments.

Xbox, though it hasn't always been my preferred system, is just much more reliable; though that has a lenthy list of personal opinionated cons; mainly the fact that I can't connect to Xbox Live but that's due to my computer. But ever since the new dashboard was released; I've disliked it more and more. It's ugly and hard to navigate. I want the old one back. ;~;

How can the graphics suck when they're on the same level as 360 graphics and at times higher?

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    How can the graphics suck when they're on the same level as 360 graphics and at times higher?

That's my opinion; didn't say you had to agree with it. Questioning my opinion isn't going to change it (nor show any dominance of your own opinion), so,.. yeah. If you don't agree with it, you don't agree with it. No sense in doing anything in rebuttle to it.

To answer your question: They just do?

Capt. Couch

Wake me... When you need me...
    Years
    To a point, that holds ground. In terms of potential, the PS3 does have much larger graphical capabilities. However, both the Xbox 360 and PS3 have a variety of games which have native HD resolutions of 720p-1280p, and with the lack of exclusives between the two systems in mind, the fact that the Xbox 360 still uses the DVD-9 format (something I haven't exactly been pleased with) brings up space issues for the Xbox 360 version of the game in question. For time and money purposes, the developers usually just pump out both versions of the game with the same resolutions and quality. First and second-party developers for specifically PS3 games typically go above the bar for a nicer-looking game.

Sometimes though, even though graphical improvements have been claimed between the jump from 360 to PS3, a side-by-side comparison will usually prove that these advances are virtually indifferent when viewed under the same resolutions on the same HDTV. Bioshock is a good example of this. There are other factors to consider though: the refresh rate of the television, the television's native resolution, and the fact that there is a point in modern-day graphics where the naked human eye will be unable to tell the difference.

Tombstone975

The grass is always greener.
    Years
    But ever since the new dashboard was released; I've disliked it more and more. It's ugly and hard to navigate. I want the old one back. ;~;
    I agree,The old Dashboard was easy to navigate much easy to find what you need in a hurry,the new look is ok i guess but the cost of taking your time to find what you need.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    To a point, that holds ground. In terms of potential, the PS3 does have much larger graphical capabilities. However, both the Xbox 360 and PS3 have a variety of games which have native HD resolutions of 720p-1280p, and with the lack of exclusives between the two systems in mind, the fact that the Xbox 360 still uses the DVD-9 format (something I haven't exactly been pleased with) brings up space issues for the Xbox 360 version of the game in question. For time and money purposes, the developers usually just pump out both versions of the game with the same resolutions and quality. First and second-party developers for specifically PS3 games typically go above the bar for a nicer-looking game.

Sometimes though, even though graphical improvements have been claimed between the jump from 360 to PS3, a side-by-side comparison will usually prove that these advances are virtually indifferent when viewed under the same resolutions on the same HDTV. Bioshock is a good example of this. There are other factors to consider though: the refresh rate of the television, the television's native resolution, and the fact that there is a point in modern-day graphics where the naked human eye will be unable to tell the difference.

I agree completely, I made a mistake of stating Bioshock looked better on PS3. To say the PS3 graphics suck when normally they are the same as the 360s and vice versa is a ridiclious statement at best.

To answer your question: They just do?[/
    I'm...beyond words really. I'm not even going to flatter that with a decent reply.

Back