• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Xbox 360 or PS3?

PS3 or Xbox360

• Xbox 360

Votes: 41 75.9%
  • Playstation 3

Votes: 13 24.1%

• Total voters

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    PS3 in my opinion. It has alot of good games that the Xbox 360 doesn't have either like Killzone 2, God of War 2, and Resistance 2.

Really good games, while the Xbox has the Gears of War and the Halo series. I voted for PS3 because of the recent issue with the Red Ring of Death.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    A few mistakes:

But yeah, the 360 gets my vote all the way. Complaints about the RRoD are common but microsoft will repair it withing the first year of buying it and if it doesn't break in the first year of buying it probably won't break ever- My friend is still using his that he bought on the day of release with nothing but a cooler for adjustment. The online community on the 360 is generally more sociable than that of PSN- they all tend to take their super-expensive machines very seriously anf the online play/exclusives (Halo <3) is more than worth the fee (1 year sets you back £45, which works out to 10p a day.). Not to mention that the only way you will notice the difference in graphics is if you have an expensive high-def tv with HDMI cable, and even then the 360 still exceeds all expectations. There are very few reasons I would choose the PS3 over my box (I've owned both), apart Metal Gear which is admittedly an awesome game. Microsoft all the way =]

Lemme justs top you there. Apart from on Home (where the weeabos and paedos all are) I have never, ever come across any "super serious" players on PSN, However I have never once played a game on Live without hearing at least 1 abusive player yelling his head off over his score. Most 360 games (and older 360s) can't/won't go above 720p, a lot more PS3 games display in 1080p/1080i, so your graphics argument is again moot.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    Even if my 360 recently got RROD, I still prefer it to the PS3. Perhaps it's due to the price tag. I've never touched or played a PS3, simply due to that... number. So I can't really compare, but I've had such incredible experiences with 360, I really can't turn away from it.

Years
    Most 360 games (and older 360s) can't/won't go above 720p, a lot more PS3 games display in 1080p/1080i, so your graphics argument is again moot.
    Most of the games that are able to go over 720p (on both platforms) are upscaled from 720p, thus it makes relatively little difference.
    Of the exclusives you mentioned, only Metal Gear Solid 4 and Killzone 2 are true 1080p games.

In the end, it comes down to how much money you're willing to spend on a console and which type of games you like to play.

X Box 360 is better at handling things than PS3 games. ;] (I hate PS3) lol
    Don't post here if you can't write anything useful.

Last edited:

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    Being the owner of both systems (and this will sound a little lop sided in the favor of the PS3)... I (well my brother) has a 20 gig 360 Pro. No HDMI, and has RRoD twice already. And I've got an 80 gig PS3 (the one that game with MGS4. So it has HDMI... unlike the 360... It has the memory card ports, the extra USB ports, it can play old PS and PS2 games, and so on). What do you think gets more playtime? Since I got the PS3, which console do you think got more games (that came out on both the 360 and PS3)? To me, MGS4 was worth the price of the PS3... But I think if online gaming is your deal (and XBL is worth the $50 a year... well 13 months, don't let anyone tell you otherwise), and if you want games that 95% of the itme runs better... then the 360 is your system. Just about everyone I know that has both systems (and they're on PC, and people I have on my XBL friends list, people I know from other forums and so on) say they play the 360 more then the PS3. They got more games for the 360 then the PS3.

I've got an HDTV, I've got the PS3 on HDMI where the 360 isn't... The difference in the Wii and 360/PS3 kind of throws me off... but side by side you can't really tell the difference. So all the "graphics" over what looks better... no.

If you really want to be happy like me... buy both.

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    I prefer the xBox360 because the controller is much more comfortable for me. Online play is better. Most of the games I have on the PS3 can be owned on the xBox as well. Blu-Ray is good but you don't exactly need it. xD

xMeowthz

Starting off fresh, again.
    Years
    I personaly like Xbox 360; Because it is the one that I like...My brother likes PS3; But I like Xbox 360

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Most of the games that are able to go over 720p (on both platforms) are upscaled from 720p, thus it makes relatively little difference.
    Of the exclusives you mentioned, only Metal Gear Solid 4 and Killzone 2 are true 1080p games.

In the end, it comes down to how much money you're willing to spend on a console and which type of games you like to play.

Don't post here if you can't write anything useful.

MGS4 is 720p only. Metal gear Online is 1080p/i. Just thought I;d clear that up.

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
    If I had to choose, I'd go with the 360. It seems really enjoyable and the better of the two for online gaming, considering there are far more popular titles out on 360 right now. I could go for a little online warfare, heh.

Capt. Couch

Wake me... When you need me...
    Years
    As a 360 owner with experience with a PS3, I'd have to recommend the Xbox 360. The newer models are less likely to have an RROD, and the game selection is far better than that of a PS3. The only downside is that you have to pay for the online service, but it is relatively inexpensive.

You also get full backwards-compatibility, meaning that you can play most any original Xbox game you come across. The newer models of the PS3 can't play PS2 or PSX games, and the ones you do find with backwards-compatibility can't play everything to their fullest, meaning that many titles don't have support (but they do have good support overall).

All in all, the 360 is the top dog between the two.

Last edited:

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    As a 360 owner with experience with a PS3, I'd have to recommend the Xbox 360. The newer models are less likely to have an RROD, and the game selection is far better than that of a PS3. The only downside is that you have to pay for the online service, but it is relatively inexpensive.

You also get full backwards-compatibility, meaning that you can play most any original Xbox game you come across. The newer models of the PS3 can't play PS2 or PSX games, and the ones you do find with backwards-compatibility can't play everything to their fullest, meaning that many titles don't have support (but they do have good support overall).

All in all, the 360 is the top dog between the two.

Most of that post is pure bollocks, I'm sorry but it really is.

ALL models and HUD variants of the PS3 will play PSX games, only 40 gig and current 60gig wont play PS2 yet, however sony have said they are definitely considering patching it in with a firmware update. There aren't any problems with upscaling PS/PS2 games on PS3, you just have to do it right.

Most of 360's top sellers/better games are on PS3 as well, Bioshock (With updated graphics and new content on PS3), Call of Duty 4, GTA4, Mirror's Edge, burnout Paradise etc etc.

The only things a PS3 owner will really miss out on is Gears 2 (Gears 1 was appalling) and Fable 2, but since most of them own a PC they can buy these games anyway. I suppose Halo 3 would be considered "missing out" by most 360 owners, but it';s ok, we have a few average at best FPS games too (face it, that's all Halo is).

When it comes down to the choice, you can't say something so bias and incorrect as "the games are btter lolol" or along those lines.

Y'know, I could clearly plug how good MGS4, LBP, Uncharted, Ratchet and Clank, Resistance 2 and Valkyrie profile all are, or the upcoming Killzone 2, Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain. Then there's PSN games like Warhawk, Fat Princess, Crash Commandos, SuperStardustHD, Age of Booty, Ratchet and Clank: QFB, The Last guy, WipeoutHD, Blood Siren and then some.

Those are a few exclusives off the top of my head. But yeah, saying 360 has a better selection of games, I don't think so.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    If you don't have a Blu-Ray player and are looking for a system with good games on it anyway, then the PS3 is the way to go, since it's sort of a 2-in-1 package. But beware, because the minute you buy a PS3, some people will start labeling you as a Sony or Blu-Ray fanboy. Same thing with the 360.

That said, if you've got a Blu-Ray player and are nuts about first-person shooter games (or just love Halo), then the 360 is the way to go (FPS games come out on the 360 at a rate of about 10 per week). Just make sure you've got enough money to replace the system in case you get the red ring twice in a three month period (happened to me and Microsoft refused to replace the system a second time). And yes I stood the system up pretty much at all times, because there would've been no room for all my systems otherwise. Also Square-Enix is looking more and more like it's gonna go 360-exclusive any minute now, so there's that too.

Last edited:

AtomicoExploda

I don't know.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2013
    XBOX360!!! I don't have a PS3 so I have to vote for xbox360, and the PS3 games aren't great, well, that what I think. So... yeah XBOX360!!! I wonder what the PS4 will be like.

Capt. Couch

Wake me... When you need me...
    Years
    Most of that post is pure bollocks, I'm sorry but it really is.

ALL models and HUD variants of the PS3 will play PSX games, only 40 gig and current 60gig wont play PS2 yet, however sony have said they are definitely considering patching it in with a firmware update. There aren't any problems with upscaling PS/PS2 games on PS3, you just have to do it right.

Most of 360's top sellers/better games are on PS3 as well, Bioshock (With updated graphics and new content on PS3), Call of Duty 4, GTA4, Mirror's Edge, burnout Paradise etc etc.

The only things a PS3 owner will really miss out on is Gears 2 (Gears 1 was appalling) and Fable 2, but since most of them own a PC they can buy these games anyway. I suppose Halo 3 would be considered "missing out" by most 360 owners, but it';s ok, we have a few average at best FPS games too (face it, that's all Halo is).

When it comes down to the choice, you can't say something so bias and incorrect as "the games are btter lolol" or along those lines.

Y'know, I could clearly plug how good MGS4, LBP, Uncharted, Ratchet and Clank, Resistance 2 and Valkyrie profile all are, or the upcoming Killzone 2, Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain. Then there's PSN games like Warhawk, Fat Princess, Crash Commandos, SuperStardustHD, Age of Booty, Ratchet and Clank: QFB, The Last guy, WipeoutHD, Blood Siren and then some.

Those are a few exclusives off the top of my head. But yeah, saying 360 has a better selection of games, I don't think so.

Looking back, it was mostly bollocks. Sorry for the obviously lopsided post. :\

I am a little PO'ed that I'm missing out on Killzone 2 since I really liked the first, and yes, Halo is rather average, but it remains consistent with the way it has been, which people like. The updates to Bioshock didn't impress me much, but it's a pretty good game overall.

I would still recommend a 360 for the pure multiplayer experience and for games such as Fable 2, Saint's Row, Gears of War 2, and Left 4 Dead.

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    PS3 all the way.

Free online, Blu-ray support, doesn't crash all the time, LittleBigPlanet, Metal Gear Solid 4, WipEout HD, Ratchet & Clank franchise, Uncharted franchise, Resistance franchise, Motorstorm series, Warhawk, Super Stardust HD, Fat Princess, Age of Booty, Killzone 2, Valkyrie Chronicles, The Last Guy, etc. etc. etc.

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
    Years
    Meh. 360 gets my Vote.

My reasons?
    I love my Fable 2, and the Console is pretty damn cheap, compared to the PS3.
    Anyways, from what I gather, RROD is only a problem if you're not treating your 360 right.
    All my freinds Irl that have been RROD'd have kept their 360 in cupboards, without much air, and
    not to mention they play their 360's in excess, sometimes up to 12 hrs' at a time.

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
    Years
    I don't play video games. They give me bad thoughts.

To be honest, I don't think I'm that much into newer games to buy either of them. Since I'm also not likely to get an HDTV anytime soon (living room's too small, and so is my budget), I'd probably just get a PS2 if I really wanted to get a console.

Back