• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Xbox 360 or PS3?

PS3 or Xbox360

• Xbox 360

Votes: 41 75.9%
  • Playstation 3

Votes: 13 24.1%

• Total voters
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2010
    Lessee...

-Xbox:
    Pros:
    --Amazing online
    --Better exclusives
    --The main FPS platform
    --Cheaper than PS3
    --More games
    --Microsoft will fix it for free if it get Red Ringed
    --XBox Live marketplace
    Cons:
    --Pay for online
    --Pay for wireless internet adapter
    --Red Ring of Death
    --Expensive HDD if you don't get one with the system

-PS3
    Pros:
    --Blu-Ray player
    --Free online
    --PSP Connectivity
    Cons:
    --Price (ouch)
    --Not as good online
    --Not many people have it (where I live, at least... I only have 1 friend with it)

I would go for the XBox 360. BTW I don't have either of them so I couldn't post all of the Pros or Cons for them. But this is my view on what it know.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Lessee...

-Xbox:
    Pros:
    --Amazing online
    --Better exclusives <b>like what?</b>
    --The main FPS platform
    --Cheaper than PS3
    --More games
    --Microsoft will fix it for free if it get Red Ringed
    --XBox Live marketplace
    Cons:
    --Pay for online
    --Pay for wireless internet adapter pay for EVERYTHING else making it more expensive than PS3.
    --Red Ring of Death
    --Expensive HDD if you don't get one with the system

-PS3
    Pros:
    --Blu-Ray player
    --Free online
    --PSP Connectivity
    --Huge game library
    --HOME
    --Playstation Store
    --Longer games
    --free WiFi, controller (chargable, no batteries unlike 360) and all round cheaper accessories.

Cons:
    --Price (ouch)
    --Not as good online
    --Not many people have it (where I live, at least... I only have 1 friend with it)

I would go for the XBox 360. BTW I don't have either of them so I couldn't post all of the Pros or Cons for them (And therefore should of refrained from adding fuel to an already burning fire). But this is my view on what it (don't) know.

That seems a bit more accurate.

Avatar, I'm pretty sure Bioshock looks smoother on PS3. I may be wrong.

And the reason it wasn't released on PS3 straight off the bat was contract issues with M$, nothing to do with challenge rooms, those were added after the game was released on PS3.

CP3

2Pac is still alive!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    Xbox 360, beacuse it really the same as the ps3 but better.:D

Also I hate when when people say that the ps3 has better graphics, when you look at fallout 3 comparisons it look virtually the same. So you're saving money on the 360.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Xbox 360, beacuse it really the same as the ps3 but better.:D

Also I hate when when people say that the ps3 has better graphics, when you look at fallout 3 comparisons it look virtually the same. So you're saving money on the 360.

You obviously know nothing about either system.

CP3

2Pac is still alive!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    Who the hell are you to say that I don't know anything?

Capt. Couch

Wake me... When you need me...
    Years
    Xbox 360 because of Halo

Is that the only reason anybody gets a 360 anymore? Yeah, I have Halo too, but when you think about it, Halo really isn't that great gameplay-wise. The only real reason people get it is for the multiplayer, which is pretty fun for a while, but there are other games than Halo...

Bioshock, CoD4, CoD: WaW, Gears of War, Gears of War 2, Fable 2, Fallout 3, Elder Scrolls IV, Mass Effect, The Orange Box (Half-Life 2, Portal, Team Fortress 2), Dead Space, Soul Calibur IV, Pure, Saint's Row, Saint's Row 2...

Even though you'll find many of the same games on the Xbox 360 as you would a PS3, you're essentially getting the same game for a lower price. The only real differences are slight tweaks between the two versions (save for several games), like Bioshock for example. There were no real graphical tweaks, but there are a couple of extra modes to play.

Tombstone975

The grass is always greener.
    Years
    Reason for Xbox 360:
    - It has some great games that PS3 dosen't.
    - Easy and a good online system.
    - Dashboard.
    - Downloadble content at a fair price.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Reason for Xbox 360:
    - It has some great games that PS3 dosen't.
    - Dashboard.

Reasons for PS3:
    - It has some great games that 360 dosen't.
    - Dashboard.

Who the hell are you to say that I don't know anything?

Someone who clearly knows the difference between PS3 and 360.
    Neither one is the same, yet you cleverly claimed they are, except 360 is "better"

Had you had any knowledge about them, you'd know PS3 is on top tech wise. You'd also know Fallout 3 has the same graphics because it was built to play on both systems, instead of being built seperately.

Last edited:

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    PS3 has only got Metal Gear Solid and Grand Theft Auto 4 Going for it.
    The Online Experiance is by far annioying,I don't care if its free I still prefare paying.
    To many files making harder to find things.
    Even if there still is Downloadble content theres nouthing wroth downloading.

LOL

LBP, Killzone 2, Valkyrie Chronicles, WipeOut HD, Siren would all like to say Hi. As would uncharted, Uncharted 2, Ratchet and Clank, Resistance, Resistance 2 etc. There are piles upon piles of great exclusives. 360 has Fable 2 and Gears 2, thats it, i can't think of one other great exclusive.

PSN is easy, you register, you load your game, you go on multiplayer. To add someone you simply click their name and choose "add". So again, invalid point.

Outside of PSN and PS1 games, most of PS3's DLC is the same as 360s, again, moot point.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    I'll give you Uncharted ... But
    Xbox 360 has:
    Halo 3
    Halo 3 ODST
    Halo Wars
    Gears of War 1 & 2
    Call Of Duty 4 & WaW
    Fable 2
    Grand Theft Auto
    Left 4 Dead.

PS3 is a expensive Blue ray player that takes forever to load a game.
    Not to mention after playing the PS3 the controller was the worst because its not ment to constant playing,and by constant I mean 10 minutes.

If you haven't notice the Xbox 360 also allows to send friend requests.Its so simple you could do it.
    Most of the games are for trained Monkeys,

Sniping on GTA 4 with the PS3 is like finding a needle in a haystack.
    Sniping on 360 Requires some skill but not much you can snipe the guy of the bike within the frist three shots.

Halo 3 is a sub par shooter, if you want to talk about those I'll drag Haze into the mix.

CoD 4/W@W are both on PS3

So is GTA4. So really, you've put up Halo twice and Gears 1 which is awful. Not too impressed. I'll give you left4dead though.

Everything you've tried to say negatively about PS3 applies to the 360, PS3 also loads games quicker than 360 so idk what you're trying to achieve by saying otherwise.

I played Rachet and Clank ... After playing that thing for like 1 hour I jst said ... Turn off the consol.

Looks like you turned off your spell checker too.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Halo 3 is a good shooter and Millions of people agree with me.
    I know that there on PS3 too,Im stating the good tittles for 360.
    If you haven't heard,Bungie is Realeasing a campaign expasion which is a new storyline called Halo 3:ODST (Google it.)
    Thats like saying "My opion is better then your and that im allways right"

Btw everyone makes errors thats one of the great things of life,Either a small thing like grammer or Bragging about the PS3 - No ones perfect.

I like the way you tried to be clever there but still failed at grammar.

You'll find a lot of people also dislike Halo3, and even more people will say CoD4 is better. In an argument between PS3 and 360 there is NO POINT in naming multi platform titles. I understand the 360 has only a handful of good exclusives but be fair, dont try and beef it up with multi platform games.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    Anyways, from what I gather, RROD is only a problem if you're not treating your 360 right.
    All my freinds Irl that have been RROD'd have kept their 360 in cupboards, without much air, and
    not to mention they play their 360's in excess, sometimes up to 12 hrs' at a time.
    That's not true at all... my 360 has RRoD twice and as you can see... there's enough air around the 360. The blame is on MS, it's happened to far too many people to be "user error".

Someone who clearly knows the difference between PS3 and 360.
    Neither one is the same, yet you cleverly claimed they are, except 360 is "better"

Had you had any knowledge about them, you'd know PS3 is on top tech wise. You'd also know Fallout 3 has the same graphics because it was built to play on both systems, instead of being built seperately.
    And if I remember right, the GameCube had the best (or at least better then the PS2) specs the last gen... And a lot of good that did it. Came in last in console sells, no games made for it, a lot of stuff that went multiplatform went to the PS2 and XBox. But yet it had the best tech. :)
    Do I believe MSG4 could have been pulled off on the 360? Nope. Do I believe that FFvsXIII will look better then FFXIII because XIII is going to be multiplat? Yea I do think vsXIII will look better. But in the end it just because a system has better specs doesn't mean it's going to play better.

Looks like you turned off your spell checker too.
    And I'm getting really sick of your stuck up arrogant attitude. It's went beyond the "Well, I like the PS3, and here's right." You're now throwing out personal attacks on the members just because they don't agree with you, or don't want a PS3. And I am sick of it. How would you like it if someone came in here and started making personal attacks on you and not the system? You think you'd like that? Sure would be fun wouldn't it?

Just answer these two questions to yourself (you don't have to tell me your answer). Do you own a 360? And if you don't then do you plan on getting one some day?
    If the answer to both is "No" and if you're thinking "Why would I want a piece of junk like the 360?" then you're no better then any of the people in here that says "The 360 is better, the PS3 is an overpriced paperweight. :)". You're a fanboy, blinded by the name on the side of your system.
    We get it that you love the PS3, we get it that you hate the 360. Now just because someone else doesn't agree with your views doesn't give you the right to go out there and bash them to a point where it drives them away.
    It's something called personal preference. I like the PS3. But here's the thing, I like the 360 more. I got the "EVERYTHING else making it more expensive than PS3.". The $100 Wi-Fi adaptor, another wireless controller, XBL Gold, a play and charge kit (the rechargable batteries for the controller). The 360 I have also doesn't have... HDMI, nor does it have memory card ports like the PS3, I can't transfer music like I can to the PS3, I can't transfer videos like I can to the PS3, I can't surf the web on the 360, and I more then likely will have to pay $150 for a larger HDD soon. But... I like the 360 better.

I'll spell it out again since you sound like you're a little slow on these things (you like it now don't you? Personal attacks that is). Personal preference, I like the 360 over the PS3. And I don't need to explain myself to you, or anyone else on why I like the 360 better... But I guess I will because... you're a little slow. I don't care if you post all the specs or games in the world. Sure the PS3 has better specs, sure it has Blu-Ray, sure it has most games that the 360 has. But I don't care, I like the 360 better... I have more fun with the 360 then I do with the PS3. I play online more with the 360 then I do the PS3. I have more games for the 360 then I do the PS3 (and most of them games are on both systems). I mean it's strange... why in the world would I play a second rate console like that? I mean if I can do so much with the PS3 why do I like the 360 better? Oh right... personal preference, how could I ever forget? I mean I just like the 360 better. Maybe it's the online, maybe it's the games, maybe because I use it as a heater to warm up the room. Who knows, but I like the 360 better. Maybe I just like second rate stuff... unlike the great FoxHound!, where the best will only do.

Now that was fun wasn't it? Someone attacking you on a personal level. You've gotten to the point where you can't say "Well, I like the PS3 and my reasons are..." and leave it at that. You have to go out and make fun of someone's typo, or their grammar, or their lack of knowledge on a system, or just blindly bash them. You're a fanboy... I used to be there, but in my case it was Nintendo. Do you know where that gets you? Nowhere, and it hurts only you because you don't want to look past the name on the side of that system. It all comes down to "personal preference", I personally can't stand the multiplayer in Halo or Gears (I like the co-op I have with friends but when it comes to multiplayer I'll take CoD4 or CoD:WaW over Halo or Gears any day of the week)... And yet if you checked my gamelist you'll find Halo 2, and Halo 3, and well as Gears 1 and 2. But I'm not a fanboy where I got a console or system stuck so far up my butt where I won't try something else. If you don't want a 360 then that's fine, you found reasons where that system doesn't fit your gaming needs. But that doesn't give you the right to go out and bash anyone else out there just because they don't agree with you. Like the part of my post up there. Did you find that fun? Me calling you slow, saying the same thing over and over again? That's what you're doing here to anyone else who doesn't want or doesn't like the PS3. You look like you're a person that likes facts. Well here's a fact... not everyone agrees with you, and not everyone goes by "specs" when picking a system. You can post all the specs in the world on the PS3, but not a single one is going to change what I like better. And for many of my friends who owns both... the same goes for them.

Rioku_Zanketa

...::Ultimate Warrior::...
    Years
    ^^^^

lol. good ol' forum battles. I almost missed those. XD

I wish I could say PS3, but I picked up a 360 for christmas. Since the Wii isn't an option, I have no choice but to say 360. I've never played the PS3. I'm not gonna stick up for something I haven't experienced, that is biased and pathetic IMO. I like Fallout3, so I say 360. I don't care much for any of its specialties though.

Capt. Couch

Wake me... When you need me...
    Years
    It's amusing how this thread has started to become more of a classic example of the console wars than what it was originally intended for.

Okay, so at the end of month I'm allowed to get either a Playstation 3 or a Xbox 360, and to be quite honest, I'm torn between the two. Any help would be appreciated, as it would help my decision. :x

It seems as if we can't agree on the fact that both systems have their pros and cons and some of us are more opinionated than others...

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    That's not true at all... my 360 has RRoD twice and as you can see... there's enough air around the 360. The blame is on MS, it's happened to far too many people to be "user error".

And if I remember right, the GameCube had the best (or at least better then the PS2) specs the last gen... And a lot of good that did it. Came in last in console sells, no games made for it, a lot of stuff that went multiplatform went to the PS2 and XBox. But yet it had the best tech. :)
    Do I believe MSG4 could have been pulled off on the 360? Nope. Do I believe that FFvsXIII will look better then FFXIII because XIII is going to be multiplat? Yea I do think vsXIII will look better. But in the end it just because a system has better specs doesn't mean it's going to play better.

And I'm getting really sick of your stuck up arrogant attitude. It's went beyond the "Well, I like the PS3, and here's right." You're now throwing out personal attacks on the members just because they don't agree with you, or don't want a PS3. And I am sick of it. How would you like it if someone came in here and started making personal attacks on you and not the system? You think you'd like that? Sure would be fun wouldn't it?

Just answer these two questions to yourself (you don't have to tell me your answer). Do you own a 360? And if you don't then do you plan on getting one some day?
    If the answer to both is "No" and if you're thinking "Why would I want a piece of junk like the 360?" then you're no better then any of the people in here that says "The 360 is better, the PS3 is an overpriced paperweight. :)". You're a fanboy, blinded by the name on the side of your system.
    We get it that you love the PS3, we get it that you hate the 360. Now just because someone else doesn't agree with your views doesn't give you the right to go out there and bash them to a point where it drives them away.
    It's something called personal preference. I like the PS3. But here's the thing, I like the 360 more. I got the "EVERYTHING else making it more expensive than PS3.". The $100 Wi-Fi adaptor, another wireless controller, XBL Gold, a play and charge kit (the rechargable batteries for the controller). The 360 I have also doesn't have... HDMI, nor does it have memory card ports like the PS3, I can't transfer music like I can to the PS3, I can't transfer videos like I can to the PS3, I can't surf the web on the 360, and I more then likely will have to pay $150 for a larger HDD soon. But... I like the 360 better.

I'll spell it out again since you sound like you're a little slow on these things (you like it now don't you? Personal attacks that is). Personal preference, I like the 360 over the PS3. And I don't need to explain myself to you, or anyone else on why I like the 360 better... But I guess I will because... you're a little slow. I don't care if you post all the specs or games in the world. Sure the PS3 has better specs, sure it has Blu-Ray, sure it has most games that the 360 has. But I don't care, I like the 360 better... I have more fun with the 360 then I do with the PS3. I play online more with the 360 then I do the PS3. I have more games for the 360 then I do the PS3 (and most of them games are on both systems). I mean it's strange... why in the world would I play a second rate console like that? I mean if I can do so much with the PS3 why do I like the 360 better? Oh right... personal preference, how could I ever forget? I mean I just like the 360 better. Maybe it's the online, maybe it's the games, maybe because I use it as a heater to warm up the room. Who knows, but I like the 360 better. Maybe I just like second rate stuff... unlike the great FoxHound!, where the best will only do.

Now that was fun wasn't it? Someone attacking you on a personal level. You've gotten to the point where you can't say "Well, I like the PS3 and my reasons are..." and leave it at that. You have to go out and make fun of someone's typo, or their grammar, or their lack of knowledge on a system, or just blindly bash them. You're a fanboy... I used to be there, but in my case it was Nintendo. Do you know where that gets you? Nowhere, and it hurts only you because you don't want to look past the name on the side of that system. It all comes down to "personal preference", I personally can't stand the multiplayer in Halo or Gears (I like the co-op I have with friends but when it comes to multiplayer I'll take CoD4 or CoD:WaW over Halo or Gears any day of the week)... And yet if you checked my gamelist you'll find Halo 2, and Halo 3, and well as Gears 1 and 2. But I'm not a fanboy where I got a console or system stuck so far up my butt where I won't try something else. If you don't want a 360 then that's fine, you found reasons where that system doesn't fit your gaming needs. But that doesn't give you the right to go out and bash anyone else out there just because they don't agree with you. Like the part of my post up there. Did you find that fun? Me calling you slow, saying the same thing over and over again? That's what you're doing here to anyone else who doesn't want or doesn't like the PS3. You look like you're a person that likes facts. Well here's a fact... not everyone agrees with you, and not everyone goes by "specs" when picking a system. You can post all the specs in the world on the PS3, but not a single one is going to change what I like better. And for many of my friends who owns both... the same goes for them.

tl;dr at the point you kept repeating yourself, sorry.

Answer me this, if i said something wildly untrue about 360, and posted it as fact, would you not feel inclined to correct me?

You'll notice hardly ANY of the people i've argued with have said "I like 360 better because I feel it has better..." it's all being "360 is better because <insert fiction here>"

Double standards much?

Oh and "Slow"...that cut deep man, real deep ;)
    And no, I don't own 360, however I am planning on getting one soonish.

And I do feel kind of let down by the fact you've changed what I;ve said, I've never said I hated the 360. I've simply stated why I feel PS3 is superior. It's almost worrying that a member of authority would act like this.

Tombstone975

The grass is always greener.
    Years
    tl;dr at the point you kept repeating yourself, sorry.

Answer me this, if i said something wildly untrue about 360, and posted it as fact, would you not feel inclined to correct me?

You'll notice hardly ANY of the people i've argued with have said "I like 360 better because I feel it has better..." it's all being "360 is better because <insert fiction here>"

Double standards much?

Oh and "Slow"...that cut deep man, real deep ;)
    And no, I don't own 360, however I am planning on getting one soonish.

And I do feel kind of let down by the fact you've changed what I;ve said, I've never said I hated the 360. I've simply stated why I feel PS3 is superior. It's almost worrying that a member of authority would act like this.
    So you didn't get enought mouthfull from Arcanine?
    I told you this before,keep flaming and bombarding,we will see who gets banned.

It's amusing how this thread has started to become more of a classic example of the console wars than what it was originally intended for.
    It seems as if we can't agree on the fact that both systems have their pros and cons and some of us are more opinionated than others...
    If you check on most fourms,the same topic will come up.
    Even on Xbox Live or PS3 online people are fighting about this topic.
    In my opion i find the Wii to be fun,But i think two consols and a DS is allright at a time.
    I was a Nintendo lover but from the Gamecube i found my self with a 360.Strange but ture.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011

Jesus I completely forgot we were meant to be helping him choose :o
    I wouldnt be surprised if he's not buying either now.

Tombstone stop trying to coax me into another flamefest, you do this every thread we both post in, and you're constantly bombarding my profile with personal attacks, you seriously need to stop before it gets out of hand.

Back