• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Xyler's intro

Xyler

The absence of evidence is not the evidence of abs
Years
  • Hello Everyone! My name's Xyler, my subordinates refer to me as "Papa PayRoll" and those who know my real name call me Brett. I'm 21 years old and have recently had a strike of nostalgic fever like we all get at this age. I've been playing Pokemon on and off for 15 years now (Silver was my first, and still favorite). I played competitively when B/W first came out but slowly dwindled away from it due to being busy IRL, I can start R/S and beat the Elite four in under 10 hours, I have yet to play X/Y, and I still have my Pokemon Red ^_^.

I'm zen, no, seriously, I'm one of the chillest guys you'll ever talk to and I'm almost impossible to piss off. I prefer listening to trap music when I game, but every now and then I'll throw on some rock music. I do not have a youtube (though I might make one for nuzlockes.)

In my spare time I do graphics design, been using photoshop for 6 years and have developed quite a knack for it, also do work for free every now and then when I feel generous.

Any other questions? Just ask in a reply, I'd take starting a conversation over reading endless spams of "Welcome!".

Xyler

Years
  • No, I'm Zehn.
    Any reason you haven't played X/Y yet? I haven't since I don't have a 3DS

Oh and welcome

My quote says Zhen :P

And I haven't played X/Y for the same reason as you, don't have a 3DS but that's no reason I can't just go steal my brothers

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    Well hey! Welcome to PC. Even if you aren't up to date with the latest things Pokemon, you'll fit in just fine here! There's plenty of different places that you can check out. You mentioned you're interested in Photoshop and Graphics Design, so I'd check out Art & Design. It's a great place to showcase your latest works of art or share tips and tricks you've learned-- =whether it be digital, traditional, or something in between, any type of visual art has a place here! As for Nuzlockes(and other challenges) you'll probably want to head over to the Challenge board. They have various spins on Nuzlocke challenges as well as other challenges that you might find interesting, plus its pretty cool to see how well you fare against others in friendly competition. Hope to see you around sometime~

P.S. I have a friend named Brett and you sound so much like him its uncanny!

Espurr_Kawaii

Pokemon Trainer Coordinator
    Years
  • Welcome to PC ! Nice to meet you here :) . Thats great, u long awhile play a pokemon :D (seriously, ive not play silver yet) lol but in hacks version ive play yet but in original not yet :D Well see yah around~

Xyler

Years
  • Well hey! Welcome to PC. Even if you aren't up to date with the latest things Pokemon, you'll fit in just fine here! There's plenty of different places that you can check out. You mentioned you're interested in Photoshop and Graphics Design, so I'd check out [cut due to link]. It's a great place to showcase your latest works of art or share tips and tricks you've learned-- =whether it be digital, traditional, or something in between, any type of visual art has a place here! As for Nuzlockes(and other challenges) you'll probably want to head over to the [cut due to link] board. They have various spins on Nuzlocke challenges as well as other challenges that you might find interesting, plus its pretty cool to see how well you fare against others in friendly competition. Hope to see you around sometime~

P.S. I have a friend named Brett and you sound so much like him its uncanny!

Thanks for the info, I'll be sure to check them out!

And all Bretts are chill Bretts ;D

Welcome to PC ! Nice to meet you here. Thats great, u long awhile play a pokemon :D (seriously, ive not play silver yet) lol but in hacks version ive play yet but in original not yet :D Well see yah around~

Thanks! you should definitely play a copy, even if it is just on an emulator.

Last edited:

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • Xyler's intro

Papa Payroll, eh? Sounds exciting, haha! Still though, hi, Brett! I hope that you'll get the chance to play Pokemon X&Y soon!

Xyler's intro

Ah, I think you're a great person; I do hope that we can be pals and chat about a lot of stuff sometime! Feel free to give me a message whenever! And I'll be more than happy to help you out!

Xyler's intro

Hm, but if you want questions... do you like any other games besides pokemon? Maybe other nintendo games?

Xyler

Years
  • Papa Payroll, eh? Sounds exciting, haha! Still though, hi, Brett! I hope that you'll get the chance to play Pokemon X&Y soon!

Ah, I think you're a great person; I do hope that we can be pals and chat about a lot of stuff sometime! Feel free to give me a message whenever! And I'll be more than happy to help you out!

Hm, but if you want questions... do you like any other games besides pokemon? Maybe other nintendo games?

Hey Dragon, Nice to meet you :P

To answer your question: I also played the summon night series and DWM - both of which, admittedly, I had more in-game time on than pokemon.
    regrettably I never finished the Golden Sun series :\

and I played the shit outta yu-gi-oh xD

Years
  • Welcome! First off, you have a nice in-game name here, Xyler. :D You also have an awesome hobby of Graphics Design! You might want to show off your hobby of Graphics Design over at the Arts and Design Forum. You also might want to go to the Challenges Forum for different types of lockes, maybe you may find one interesting. You might want to go to the Battle Server where you can build teams, I'll be there in a jiffy LOL. Anyways, Welcome to PokeCommunity, Nice to Meet you~ :]

Xyler

Years
  • Welcome! First off, you have a nice in-game name here, Xyler. :D You also have an awesome hobby of Graphics Design! You might want to show off your hobby of Graphics Design over at the Forum. You also might want to go to the Challenges Forum for different types of lockes, maybe you may find one interesting. You might want to go to the Battle Server where you can build teams, I'll be there in a jiffy LOL. Anyways, Welcome to PokeCommunity, Nice to Meet you~ :]

Thanks Skor (: Actually already started the Unevolved pokemon challenge earlier on today.
    I don't usually post my works anywhere unless someone is asking for a sample of work xD I like my art to just float around for people.
    I've been on showdown in the past when I was into the competitive scene, now it's usually only when I'm not being anti-social on the older generations :P

Years
  • I'm very very late to this, but really great to see you Xyler!

Given your interest in graphic design, the others probably recommended the Art & Design section for that so I'm sure that will become your main section in due time, and while you're there you can either showcase your own work or comment on others' works, plus the resident mod is really nice. Challenges is also there for all your interests in the best challenges to put a fun new twist on your Pokemon playthroughs, whether it'd be Nuzlockes, monotype, solos or even something totally different.

Anyways, I hope you continue enjoying PC and I'll see you around Xyler!

- Hikamaru

Years
  • Chill guy who is impossible to anger? Sounds like me, heheh. You seem totally awesome already. :') Welcome to PokeCommunity, Xyler! Awesome font color, awesome username.. awesome everything I suppose.

And buh you should totally get a 3DS sometime soon. X/Y and OR/AS are.. some of my all-time favorite Pokemon games and that says a lot since I've been playing from the R/B days myself. OR/AS especially are pretty great remakes and too addicting to put down.

And you're a graphics artist?? :D I just graduated with a Communications/Design & Digital Media degree and have been on the prowl for design jobs. Getting ready to take my Photoshop certification test soon too.. wish me luck. Anyways, will try not to blab too much. Just can't help it sometimes urgh. Enjoy your time here and do ask if you need anything at all!

Years
  • Welcome to the forum!

PC is full of people like you, just Pokemon fans who come on here to relax and take it easy. I've also played Pokemon off and on for years, but always find myself coming back to it. You should totally do a Nuzlocke if you already haven't before, they are really fun but require a lot of strategy. If you make a YouTube for it, goodluck and I hope you are successful with it!

If you need anything, or even someone to talk to, dont hesitate to ask! Hope you enjoy the forum!

Xyler

Years
  • I'm very very late to this, but really great to see you Xyler!

Given your interest in graphic design, the others probably recommended the Art & Design section for that so I'm sure that will become your main section in due time, and while you're there you can either showcase your own work or comment on others' works, plus the resident mod is really nice. Challenges is also there for all your interests in the best challenges to put a fun new twist on your Pokemon playthroughs, whether it'd be Nuzlockes, monotype, solos or even something totally different.

Anyways, I hope you continue enjoying PC and I'll see you around Xyler!

- Hikamaru

Thanks Hikamaru, better late than never right? xD
    I've been over to the Art and Design section a couple of times to post some works, but sadly I don't have the required post count to include links yet
    After I have finished with my unevolved challenge (I didn't realize how difficult it is on older games xD) I'm going to do a nuzlocke of Platinum and creating a Youtube for it.

Chill guy who is impossible to anger? Sounds like me, heheh. You seem totally awesome already. :') Welcome to PokeCommunity, Xyler! Awesome font color, awesome username.. awesome everything I suppose.

And buh you should totally get a 3DS sometime soon. X/Y and OR/AS are.. some of my all-time favorite Pokemon games and that says a lot since I've been playing from the R/B days myself. OR/AS especially are pretty great remakes and too addicting to put down.

And you're a graphics artist?? :D I just graduated with a Communications/Design & Digital Media degree and have been on the prowl for design jobs. Getting ready to take my Photoshop certification test soon too.. wish me luck. Anyways, will try not to blab too much. Just can't help it sometimes urgh. Enjoy your time here and do ask if you need anything at all!

Thanks Sheep, and congrats on your pursuits to a career in graphics design! Once I can start posting links I'll start showcasing my graphics ^_^.
    I should hopefully have a 3DS and X/Y within a couple weeks, the hype for them seems worth it even for us older players.
    Blabbing is only a concept, created by people who can't carry out a half decent conversation because they are to lazy to listen ;P.

Welcome to the forum!

PC is full of people like you, just Pokemon fans who come on here to relax and take it easy. I've also played Pokemon off and on for years, but always find myself coming back to it. You should totally do a Nuzlocke if you already haven't before, they are really fun but require a lot of strategy. If you make a YouTube for it, goodluck and I hope you are successful with it!

If you need anything, or even someone to talk to, dont hesitate to ask! Hope you enjoy the forum!

Thanks Toshiro, I do plan on making a Youtube for nuzlockes as soon as I have finished the challenge I am currently working on.
    I have done nuzlockes for red, silver, crystal, and ruby - planning on doing Platinum next.
    I could always use a good conversation while I'm gaming, so right back at you ;D

Back