• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Year of Gaming - Week #6: Minesweeper - Bombs...Bombs Everywhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    The only rule I had was that the grid had to be 16x30; if you can find a board that offers that without being such a high degree of difficulty, then by all means go at it!

Also congrats Oryx on being the first finisher of this challenge!

Um. You can set it to 16x30 and one bomb in a custom game. I recommend you reconsider that stance. I submit my next entry then:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    That's just plain trolling. P:

Anyway, this took me three days of practice and playing, but here:

Oh it's on. Like Donkey Kong.

Spoiler:

Edit: Okay I did better on this one and I think that's the lowest I can go without playing it nonstop all the time:

Last edited:

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
  • https://i.imgur.com/lp7RqFn.png

keep in mind that there are different versions of minesweeper with different mechanics; apparently the windows vista version always starts with a multi-reveal, which makes it way easier

i used the version from reactos

i hate how much guesswork there is in minesweeper, i got a sub-250 all the way to the end and then biffed it on a bad guess

Last edited:

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • Oh it's on. Like Donkey Kong.

Spoiler:

Edit: Okay I did better on this one and I think that's the lowest I can go without playing it nonstop all the time:

It took me 3 days to complete a game of minesweeper and only one night for you to beat my time. :'D

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • Congratulations to Oryx (3 points), Juno (2 points), and Illusione-Tempus (1 point) for winning this week's challenge! I accidentally fell asleep and just woke up so depending on how I'm feeling I may or may not work on the next challenge at this time. Either way, it will be up soon!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back