• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Yeeeeeeeeeeup, I'm just gonna stop here...

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
  • Are there any specific spots in Pokemon games that you stop playing? Are they boring, tedious, hard, etc? Basically, what areas in the game kind of bore you and/or discourage you from playing. Or, are there things, and not particular places, that make you stop playing for a while?

When I play RBY or FRLG, I tend to get bored after the 3rd gym, plus I'm waaay too lazy to do Rock Tunnel, so I'll leave the game alone for a long time and forget about it. And, oddly enough, I get bored in Victory Road. As for GSC/HGSS, I tend to stop around the cluster of gyms (Cianwood, Olivine, Mahogany) because they're just right after one another (especially in GSC without the route to the Safari Zone) and I have level requirements I like to meet, and it's hard to meet them when they're all so close on each others' butts. In RSE, I tend to stop before or after Fortree. It's usually not long, but when I was younger, right when I'd get to Fortree, I'd get a newer, better idea for a team and restart the whole game, so even now when I get there, I think of all those playthroughs haha. DPPt I just don't start lol. And in BW, I hate Chargestone Cave and Twist Mountain, so I usually neglect starting those.

Also, when I get a new party member, they're usually way behind in level compared to the rest of my team, and I hate playing catch up. So I get bored doing that and usually stop for a while until I think, "okay I really need to just finish leveling that thing up, it'll be worth it". So far, Rhyhorn is still disappoint.

lol that was a lot. :(

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • Agreeing with the Rock Tunnel statement. It's just boring as hell. And with GSC, it's after you defeat Pryce and you have to defeated TR at Goldenrod and the Power Plant event in Kanto. RSE is when you have to chase Magma/Aqua around from Mt. Pyre to Slateport then back to the base. ); That's the correct order, right? I guess DPPt is the chasing around of Galactic as well. Going to the 3 different lakes to fight the same Pokemon over and over, hnnng. ):

I haven't played Black and White enough to get an annoying spot. I guess I don't particularly like the Plasma event in Castelia...

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I tend to stop playing after I've done everything possible within the game because of some factors like boredom.

Years
  • Whenever I play R/S/E, I tend to get bored once I obtain Surf. In my opinion, the route to Fortree City seems longer than the others. I guess it's because the trainers seem to be more of annoyances to me than anything else.

Also, the Running Shoes have spoiled me. I have big issues getting through the beginnings of games until I get the Running Shoes. The walking speed just seems so slow in comparison (especially in Gen 4, for some reason).

Saucy Fish Boi

Music is my girlfriend
    Years
  • When I'm playing a game I have played through many times, I usually get bored multiple times during the beginning until I have time to get engaged in it. I also get bored right before long, harrowing caves and in the middle of Victory Road. Victory Road in Generation V, though, was a great deviation from the norm. :)

Killjoy

"He was a laser fish."
    Years
  • Usually when I get near the league, I get an idea for a better team, like ya said. Then I either restart the game, or move to a different one.

But right now, cause I'm finding so many shinnies lately, I have one in just about every game I have :( so I can't restart any of them. I need to get another DS or a 3DS so I can start transferring Pokémon again.

blackmorale

風の行方
    Years
  • Also, when I get a new party member, they're usually way behind in level compared to the rest of my team, and I hate playing catch up. So I get bored doing that and usually stop for a while until I think, "okay I really need to just finish leveling that thing up, it'll be worth it".

THIS. Unless it's a favorite or traded Pokemon. It was a miracle I was able to train a level 20 Shellder 10 or so levels quickly considering it has a poor moveset, poor Speed, and the fact that the VS Seeker didn't exist in HGSS.

I stop for a while when catching a Legendary is essential to the plot/my team to beat the E4, especially when said legendary doesn't seem to want to be captured (Raikou and Entei, I'm looking at you).

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • No specific locations, though usually I'll call it quits after accomplishing something like having a team member finish a level, beating a major trainer like a rival or Gym Leader, or getting out of a dungeon. I like to be in town when I save and quit for the day.

Joshawott

Banned
    Years
  • The only location that would apply to me here is Pastoria City and its surroundings in Sinnoh. I don't know why, I just found that section of the game to be tedious.

Years
  • If it's a game I've played before, I get bored after the first gym or two. New games I usually don't get bored till after the Elite 4.

Years
  • It's gotta be Victory Road or its equivalent in whatever game. In my head I think "Okay, just beat all the gym leaders. Only thing left is the E4 and Champion and.... ah crap, what is this big long tunnel doing here?" If I go through and realize I need Strength or Surf or some other HM that I don't have I'll probably not pick that game up for a while.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • The only location that would apply to me here is Pastoria City and its surroundings in Sinnoh. I don't know why, I just found that section of the game to be tedious.
    I definitely have to agree on this. Gen IV games (particularly DPPT) seem slow to me. They get boring after Veilstone City.

As for the other games.
    In RBY or FRLG, it's really boring around Rock Tunnel. I stopped playing HGSS for a while after I beat Erika and got to Rock Tunnel, but it seems that's only in those games.I haven't picked the game up since. In GSC it's after I beat 16 badges. I don't know why it's different.
    BW I got bored after catching Thundurus. I haven't complete all the post-game stuff yet, but I don't feel like completing it right now. I think I should do that before B2W2 comes out. lol.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Any tunnels make me not want to play. It's why in Black or White I'm like "OH YEAH I WANNA PLAY--oh no, I need to go through a cave or a tunnel :("

For someone that doesn't use repels I lose interest quickly. ;;

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    QUITE a few places, actually.
    Kanto: Mt. Moon, Rock Tunnel, Cycling Road, Victory Road
    Johto: Medicine for Amphy, Rocket Takeover in Goldenrod, Claire's Dragons Den test.
    Hoenn: Team magma base in Emerald, Victory Road, Mt. Pyre
    Sinnoh: Team Galactic's EVERYTHING
    Unova: Twist Mountain, Team Plasma in Chargestone Cave/Dragon Spiral Tower/Ancient Castle

Plus, grinding Pokemon for levels. god I hate this with a BURNING passion, and it makes me get bored way too fast. WAY too fast.

Years
  • For me, I stopped going to Route 7 in Unova cos of the tall grass. Due to that, I stopped going to Celestial Tower as well.

If I want another Elgyem or Litwick, I'll just breed it.

I also don't go to Twist Mountain a lot anymore.

In Sinnoh, I don't go to Route 210 anymore cos there's tall grass there too.

I stopped going to most Hoenn locations.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • The main times where I just want to give up a game are when I'm need of serious grinding. Gym Leaders that get fought in relatively quick succession but have widely differing Pokemon levels; the Elite Four; big, end-of-game trainers (Red, Cynthia etc). If I have to spend hours grinding up critters in order to beat these opponents, then I often don't bother for a while. Indeed, I don't think I've defeated Red in SoulSilver at all because of this... probs should on that!

Years
    • Seen Jun 4, 2012
    My last game was a few months ago; a Pokemon Black nuzlocke, which I stopped playing right before the elite four.

Back