• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Yellow Remake?please?

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2009
    yeah i havnt got the game i want it though although its an older generation but it would be a good idea to do a newer remake :)

Lady | GaGa

<b.l.i.s.s.e.d>
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2011
    Yellow isn't much different from Red and Blue. Really, they should focus on making remakes of Gold and Silver.

-Leaf

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2010
    YES! REMAKE YELLOW!!!!
    They should also make Yellow a playable character!
    That'd be so awesome!
    Yellow OWNS, after all she is named after that game, why she wouldn't be in her own game alongside red? (both of them has a Pikachu, so that would be SO fitting!)

if there is a yellow remake, i am looking forward surfing pikachu minigame!

HOWEVER.. why i can't have a pokemon following me OUTSIDE amity square? it IS possible and could be done VERY easily..

doeboy9

This Guy Right Here
    Years
    Yellow OWNS, after all she is named after that game, why she wouldn't be in her own game alongside red? (both of them has a Pikachu, so that would be SO fitting!)

if there is a yellow remake, i am looking forward surfing pikachu minigame!

HOWEVER.. why i can't have a pokemon following me OUTSIDE amity square? it IS possible and could be done VERY easily..

Exactly! Why cant we have a pokemon ALWAYS follow us around. You'd think they wouldve included it by now

-Leaf

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2010
    Yeah i mean it would be easy.. they have the code for that.. (that means they can change the amity square that every 50 steps it would rise the pokemon happiness by 1..)
    But the most suckish part at amity square is.. pikachu is a cute pokemon but pichu is NOT?! OMFG you just uberfailed! congratiolations!
    and i'd probably have a groudon following me around.. haha that would be so cool..

As i like to add : if there is Gold and silver remake and no crystal remake it would suck bad.. suicune owns both lugia and ho-oh

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    As i like to add : if there is Gold and silver remake and no crystal remake it would suck bad.. suicune owns both lugia and ho-oh
    So... you propose that they would make three remakes? IMO that's overkill... Little point to it, and would possibly make one version more popular than the other two, mean they would hardly sell. Which probably would not be what they are aiming for.

But I wouldn't rule out seeing elements of Crystal (like the whole Suicune storyline) in both of the two remake games, mind, (IF they are made, of course -_-). After all, they unlike Yellow are not limited to being mere past attempts to ride the anime's sucess and all - just seem a bit less 'dated' to me is all.

As for the whole 'Pokemon walking behind you'... err, I'm not quite for it. =/ Sure, they HAVE the ability to do so (if anyone knows of the 'fake Pokemon Diamond/Jade - i.e. Telefang games (if you don't, look it up - good engrish-filled fun!), they had such a thing in the game), but then consider a few things - firstly, they'd have to do this for 493 different Pokemon, with full movements and all, and then there are all the forms as well to consider - wouldn't be much fun by the time they're done with it and personally in other games there are many other features I'd prefer to see. Then there are other things to consider - like the Pokemon themselves. Giant Pokemon like Groudon and Onix walking around being the same size as you... just doesn't seem that great - kinda stupid - IMO, and for obvious reasons they wouldn't be made larger than the trainer, or drawn to scale. XD (Plus walking around towns with a legendary following you and with most probably nobody paying any heed to it is.... bah). Sure it's Pokemon, but I never liked stuff like that.

And then consider the non-walking Pokemon. How would Burmy get around, for instance? And all of those fish Pokemon. Poor Magikarp would die!

Yellow had it purely because for what Yellow was - a third 1st-gen game intended to cash in on the Pokemon craze partly by using the Anime through making the character more like Ash and all, including the whole Pikachu-hates-Pokeballs-thing. In DPPt, it was done again but only for a handful of Pokemon, and in one limited area as well, as a neat fun feature. But I don't see much need for it to be done within an entire game.

Not much point there, really, I don't think - other than Yellow which had it as an imitation of the anime and for one Pokemon only as well, making it was explained as well as in DPPt where they had a special place just for that and for certain Pokemon only), all of the main games tend to have the trainers keep the Pokemon in Pokeballs (hence the name Pocket Monsters --> Pokemon). All of a sudden having a Pokemon follow you around everywhere kinda contridicts this, especially if it was for every single Pokemon possible - don't see much explanation being possible for that, and canon stuff does tend to stay canon - after all, as I said it is called Pokemon. =P

Stuff like that kinda makes it hard for me to see it happening that easily - if it did then I doubt it'd be pulled off successfully, IMHO. But that's me. And that's also me ignoring good old Pokemon logic. XD

I believe I already posted on why I thought a yellow remake was unlikely, so... -_-

doeboy9

This Guy Right Here
    Years
    Yeah i mean it would be easy.. they have the code for that.. (that means they can change the amity square that every 50 steps it would rise the pokemon happiness by 1..)
    But the most suckish part at amity square is.. pikachu is a cute pokemon but pichu is NOT?! OMFG you just uberfailed! congratiolations!
    and i'd probably have a groudon following me around.. haha that would be so cool..

Since Yellow and Crystal were both third installment to their own generation it would be badass if they brought them back at the same time like fire red and leaf green

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Since Yellow and Crystal were both third installment to their own generation it would be badass if they brought them back at the same time like fire red and leaf green
    Doubtful this would happen, IMO. Look at how Nintendo sells the game - at most you see two core games being released at once, but they two are always similar and only have minor differences (the legendary used, what Pokemon appear, etc) - such as R/B, G/S, R/S and D/P. Nintendo does this to gain the most sales possible - sell one game and have only one game for many months, and then go to the next one, rather than sell rather different games from the same franchise at once, which would likely result in less of the two games sold than if they had been sold one at a time. Doubt that will change - heck, it's worked a treat.

But IF a Crystal and Yellow remake would be made far down the track, they wouldn't be released at the same time due to the above, basically as they are very different games. If Kanto isn't downsized as well than I suspect that Yellow sales would suffer, as two regions with Kanto included is a bigger selling point than just Kanto itself.

And yet again - I doubt a Yellow remake in the first place. =P

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2009
    Gold/Silver Remakes are coming out,next.the comeback of R/B/FR/LG are enough,its 4 1st generstion games,about time they made 2nd Gen.Comebacks! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

bewbs

~Chloe~
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Nov 20, 2022
    Yellow and 2nd gen remakes would be awesome.
    I'd love to hear the revamped music to it. XD

Veng3anc3

Woah..
    Years
    It's always been an idea in the back of my head to make a Yellow remake hack. Though an official remake would be a whole different experience, though I'd enjoy it more as a cartridge then a card.

BenjiTheKid

Cooltrainer Benji
    Years
    I think it would be kind of hard for them to make it to where any Pokemon can follow you around the way Pikachu did in Yellow. Sure, it wouldn't be hard to throw in the code for a Pokemon following you. But, it would be hard to make that code to where any of the 400 and some Pokemon can follow you.

-Leaf

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2010
    Lolz groudon after you XD

anywayz.. some games could get the pokemon following you as a cool feature (pokemon crystal : suicune after you will totaly pwn. love suicune's cry and talking to him and hearing his cry will pwn everything with might!)

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    If this happens then I rather see G/S/C remakes before this happens.

I'll just be content if they put the 'Poké-walk w/you' feature, though. That's the only thing I like in Yellow.

Ryuzaki_Lawliet

Arctic Fox Lover =3
    Years
    yea... I mean they already copywright Dawn Silver and Sunset Gold... and they haven't copied something like 'Sand Yellow' for a new remake name... a GS remake would come first... but if there is any information on a copywrighted name that could possibly be a Yellow Remake name I will let you know. :)

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    yea... I mean they already copywright Dawn Silver and Sunset Gold...

Is that actually confirmed? o-o

As for the a Yellow remake, you'd think they would've done it already. Although I admit, a Yellow remake for the DS would be the best thing since Mountain Dew, in my opinion. xD; I could die happy.

Back