• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Yes, I'm Actually Posting a Thread

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
    Granbull (F) @ Toxic Orb
    Ability: Quick Feet
    EVs: 6 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
    Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Facade
    - Crunch
    - Close Combat
    - Protect

Been using this already and love it. Used this team in a Standard OU match and it outran Tauros. Very impressed.

Skuntank (M) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Aftermath
    EVs: 216 HP/42 Atk/252 SDef
    Careful nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
    - Payback
    - Toxic
    - Rest
    - Sleep Talk

Still beastly. Absorbs anything Venusaur, Froslass, Ninetales, etc has to throw at it and hits them with a powerful Payback. Thinking of replacing Toxic as it very rarely sees usage and something else could better fill its spot. Also still may throw Crunch over Payback as I still outrun things with Skuntank's decent Speed stat and do pitiful damage. It survived a Rain Dance Petaya Berry Thunder from Manectric.

Golduck (M) @ Choice Specs
    Ability: Cloud Nine
    EVs: 6 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
    Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Surf
    - Ice Beam
    - Psychic
    - Hidden Power [Grass]

Kills that annoying Rain Dance combo of Gorebyss and Kabutops. Gorebyss is usually outran and KO'd by HP Grass. I have a hard time switching into Kabutops due to Rock Slide / Stone Edge. Still surprising me though with its effectiveness.

Chatot (F) @ Life Orb
    Ability: Tangled Feet
    EVs: 6 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
    Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Hyper Voice
    - Heat Wave
    - Hidden Power [Ground]
    - Nasty Plot

This baby loves Steelix. Switches in on an obvious EQ towards Skuntank and OHKO with Heat Wave. Haven't had the chance to test the new Hidden Power type, so no comment there.

Banette (F) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Insomnia
    EVs: 212 HP/46 Atk/252 Def
    Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
    - Shadow Claw
    - Thunder Wave
    - Will-o-wisp
    - Knock Off

Walls the hell out of Swellow, but struggles to do anything in return. Switches onto most Physical Attackers really well and annoys them with Status or Knock Off. Shadow Claw, even without much Attack investment, still does some hefty damage coming off of Banette's impressive Attack stat.

Jynx (F) @ Choice Scarf
    Ability: Forewarn
    EVs: 6 Def/252 Spd/252 SAtk
    Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Ice Beam
    - Psychic
    - Shadow Ball
    - Focus Blast

Revenge killer. Comes out late in-game and massacres dying Pokemon. Ice Beam is used the most. Psychic is used sparingly until the enemy team is scouted for possible Pursuit users. Shadow Ball and Focus Blast offer awesome coverage.

Last edited:

ABYAY

Advancing the Yarzan species
    Years
    Be careful playing against opposing Scyther (it could just be my mass enjoyment of using it, but meh), for it can severely dent all of your team since you're going without a flying resist. It can't switch in though, which is a huge help against it.

Play your Psychics carefully on Jynx for you're very prone to an Absol coming in on it, should the opposing player expect it, and then Pursuit you to the grave, or, it can come in on revenge.

On Chatot, HP Ground gives you the most superior coverage and it ensures that something like Probopass or even Golem can't easily survive your hits. HP Fighting can also work, but with various poisons lurking, it might be hard to get more effectiveness out of it.

I do like the team though; anyone who uses Chatot is win. Some of those sets can throw the opponent off majorly, especially since Skuntank is rarely ever seen, as well as Chatot.

Last edited:

Maria Santos

*wink* enjoy your death! ^_^
    Years
    How about trying this lead Granbull...

Granbull@Toxic Orb
    Ability: Quick Feet
    EVs: 252 Atk/ 252 Spd/ 6 Sp.Atk
    Naughty(+Atk -Sp.Def) or Naive(+Spd -Sp.Def)
    -Protect
    -Earthquake/Close Combat/Crunch
    -Facade
    -Overheat

Protect to scout and to set off Toxic Orb. Facade will hurt hard with doubled power and stab. @_@ this team of yours is for UU. I ran this thing in OU so I'm not sure how it will do in UU.

:o bulky Bannete! Great as is.
    I have never used a Chatot before =/ I would go for HP fire over HP ground but as ABYAY said it is pretty much superior. Darn my OU mindset . Trying to hit skarm with HP fire >_<

I would say that your team is very solid. :D I still wanna get away with Cross Chopping Golduck >_<

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
    I really like that Granbull set. Thank you. I don't think I'll need Overheat in UU, so I'll throw in Close Combat over it. I have the exact opposite problem from you: I tend to have an UU mindset when I go into OU battles.

Jynx usually never comes out until the end of the game and Psychic is only used sporadically due to the abundant amount of Dark-types in UU. At first I had Ghost for Rotom and Drifblim, but Chatot doesn't have any merit taking them on with those Thunderbolts they'll be throwing off. I'll try Ground for now. Also, Chatot doesn't need HP Fire - it has Heat Wave.

Thanks everyone.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2009
    This is a great well-balanced team, Britney. Nothing jumped out at me right away when I saw it, so I waited for others to comment first :P

You definitely need Close Combat for those annoying Clefable (my new most hated UU pokemon, especially the stupid Cosmic Power/Softboiled/Seismic Toss version...). Otherwise, I really can't think of much to improve your team.

I have never used a Chatot before =/ I would go for HP fire over HP ground but as ABYAY said it is pretty much superior. Darn my OU mindset . Trying to hit skarm with HP fire >_<
    Ahem... Heat Wave covers the fire move already :)

I would say that your team is very solid. :D I still wanna get away with Cross Chopping Golduck >_<
    Interesting idea... you'd have to run Life Orb and a +Atk nature, but it turns out that Golduck can 2HKO even Bold max def max HP Clefable with Cross Chop.

Maria Santos

Years
    xD Forgot about that!

Yea I'm not used to Platinum moves so I totally forgot about that one. Lots of the flying pokemon have heatwave which doesn't make any sense to me at all but w/e :P

Oh wow I just looked up Chatot and it has pretty decent stats I would say (For a UU xD)
    Now I wanna run one...It aint bulky enough to run Featherdance really xD

Interesting idea... you'd have to run Life Orb and a +Atk nature, but it turns out that Golduck can 2HKO even Bold max def max HP Clefable with Cross Chop.

Oh really? *Researches Golducks Stats*

I'm not good with the damage calc :P But I always wanted to use Golduck in the OU enviroment. I just wanna kill some Tyrannitars >:3 Oh yea and Blissey too :P

*prays for critical hits*

Last edited:

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
    Looking for some advice on what to replace Toxic with on Skuntank. With all of the status Banette throws around, there's never really an opportunity for Toxic to be used. Plus, most switch ins for Skuntank are poison types (Weezing especially).

Leonix

You can also find me on Shoddy
    Years
    Kudos to this team. Well thought out and decent type coverage. I especially like chatot and granbull. Awesome.

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2009
    Looking for some advice on what to replace Toxic with on Skuntank. With all of the status Banette throws around, there's never really an opportunity for Toxic to be used. Plus, most switch ins for Skuntank are poison types (Weezing especially).
    Hmmm well considering it's a restalker, Explosion is out of the picture. Considering you have no SpA investment and 71 base SpA, Flamethrower and Ice Beam are probably poor choices. Poison Jab is a good option due to STAB, but doesn't help you against incoming Poisons (though it'll hit Grass/Poisons just fine). You could try Return, I suppose.

What do you feel about Roar? You might not want to Roar at the wrong time, but a Phazer could be immensely useful (I know I want to try to work one into my team).

Maria Santos

Years
    Hmm I would consider Screech. Since you said that poison types are a common switch in I guess it is better to use Screech. Hey it helps Payback do a bit more right? Also helps Granbull and Bannete deal more Physical blows if needed. Thats the only other replacement I can find for Toxic at the moment. =/

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but what stops Toxicroak on this team? Sub / Punch / Sucker Punch / Stone Edge could be very problomatic. Skuntank can't really beat it, since it's immune to Toxic, and it cannot be revenge killed by Jynx due to Sucker Punch. It also resists Knock Off from Banette.

Great team overall though =]

Years
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but what stops Toxicroak on this team? Sub / Punch / Sucker Punch / Stone Edge could be very problomatic. Skuntank can't really beat it, since it's immune to Toxic, and it cannot be revenge killed by Jynx due to Sucker Punch. It also resists Knock Off from Banette.

Great team overall though =]
    Golduck should be able to deal with it. Golduck has the same base speed, so if they don't run max speed, you have one happy Golduck. Also, it doesn't get the recovery from Rain, due to Cloud Nine. Psychic should be a OHKO.

As for Skuntank, props for using it. You could do with Roar over Toxic, as you lack a Phazer. It helps with both of the aforementioned Clefable and Toxicroak (kicks it out, so it loses the Sub.)

devilicious

dream
    Years
    Banette (F) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Insomnia
    EVs: 212 HP/46 Atk/252 Def
    Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
    - Shadow Claw
    - Thunder Wave
    - Will-o-wisp
    - Knock Off

How does this wall Swellow if Brave Bird does like 71.43% - 84.16% [Metalkid, yeah, but still a 2HKO nonetheless] to it? Swellow sometimes carries Pursuit too so you can't even run away. If you want it to at least do something against Swellow, I'd recommend fitting Sucker Punch somewhere in there, but I'm sure Banette is not a good option against the bird.

So, uh, change it to something like Solrock or a Steel-type. Otherwise, the team looks pretty solid.

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
    Well, I guess it's not technically a "Swellow Counter." But it's my fighting resist and I need one. I would go with Rotom, but I'd prefer a Pokemon who specializes in Physical attacks.

ABYAY

Years
    I just realized a note about Granbull + Quick Feet; I know it sounds odd, but Raticate is a better abuser of them in UU. It's quicker (even after Granbull's Quick Feet, Raticate has more speed), and it has Guts to boot. Sure, it's more fragile and such, but I guess Granbull's saving grace is Close Combat and more bulk, but Raticate does have Reversal for a last resort.

Maria Santos

Years
    I still dont see how Raticate can be better than Granbull. If we are talking about speed then yes it eats it alive. But in overall bulkyness and power Granbull is better plain and simple. But I guess if you want the the extra speed then yes Raticate is the way to go. Dont get me wrong I would like to use Raticate but Granbull is just so much better than Raticate in all other ways.

ABYAY

Years
    I was just noting on the effectiveness of Quick Feet Granbull vs. Guts Raticate. I know Granbull is the general superior with its better movepool and bulk, but in terms of sweeping rather than just plain bashing, Raticate might take it.

Years
    I was just noting on the effectiveness of Quick Feet Granbull vs. Guts Raticate. I know Granbull is the general superior with its better movepool and bulk, but in terms of sweeping rather than just plain bashing, Raticate might take it.
    Bulk isn't that helpful when you're losing a chunk of health each turn due to the Chosen Orb. On that note, Raticate with Guts has the option of running Flame Orb, which generally lets you stay in longer.

Me First/Sucker Punch and U-Turn are all viable options, however it's one of the only pokemon to get Super Fang - a 50% Cutter..

Maria Santos

Years
    Sucker Punch and U-turn? Yes. But I doubt that Me-First is a very viable option but hey its worth a mentioning. And even with Flame Orb it aint gonna stay in much cause of its poor defensive stats (lol Granbull aint that much of a wall either xD). But I cant argue with Super Fang though :P Dang, Granbull has big teeth why cant it pull it off? -_-

Overall i think its a matter of preferance and what you deem is needed in this team. For teh speed use Raticate. For everything else theres Masterc-Erm I mean Granbull >:3

xD

Last edited:

StrickeN

The mighty force will Strike
    Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2010
    Neither one of the 2 wall, but Granbull pulls off bulkiness better than Cate.

I prefer Cate, simply because I'm a sweeping whore.

Back