• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

yey i won 99 masterballs

what was the best catch u ever made and fluke catch

• articuno

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • moltres

• zapdos

• raikou

• entei

• suicune

• ho-oh

• lugia

• registeel

• regice

• latias

• groudon

• kyogre

• uxie

• azelf

• mesprit

• dialga

• heatran

• regigigas

• cresselia

• Total voters

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    Well, it would, but it would be a complete gamebreaker...

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • No... heck, where would the challenge be in catching Pokemon then?

...wait, there wouldn't be any challenge to it. Encounter Pokemon. Use item. The end. Seems a tad boring to me. (And then what would be the point of all of the other balls, then?).

Orange_Flaaffy

Crystal Bell Keeper
    Years
  • No... heck, where would the challenge be in catching Pokemon then?

...wait, there wouldn't be any challenge to it. Encounter Pokemon. Use item. The end. Seems a tad boring to me. (And then what would be the point of all of the other balls, then?).

I love all the different sorts of balls so there would be no fun in it to me. Plus the fact that it would take the drama out of catching pokemon...

Inferno1

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • i like the fact that their are not that many master balls i like catching really strong pokemon with like a pokeball i think it proves that u took ur time to accually try to catch it so i do not think thier should be unlimited masterballs

KostK2Boss

Europe Confirmed!!!
    Years
  • In the way pokemon games are designed today, having infinite masterballs would be cool just for some seconds, but then the game would become boring. If a game/hack with buyable masterballs was to be made, the designer(s) would make most pokemon obtainable only via evolution. As for legendaries, you would hope to encounter them only after finding your way through a BIG maze.

Years
  • If that were to ever happen, Pokemon wouldn't be about "catching" anymore, since it would be too easy. It would strictly be about the training and battling portion of the game.

Personally, one Master Ball is enough (maybe two or three, if you're lucky enough to get more). One of the great things about the Pokemon games is the challange that comes with catching Pokemon. If you could buy a Master Ball whenever you wanted, the challange is significantly lowered. In fact, well, as someone pointed out, there is no longer any challange, since obviously you could catch anything you wanted without fail.

I'll admit; I've always wanted a bunch, particularly for difficult to catch wandering Pokemon like Latios. Still though, having the challange associated with trying to catch those Pokemon is a good balance of difficulty for the game.

Beco

That guy...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2012
    Unlimited masterballs will indeed take away the fun of catching.
    You have not lived until you've caught a level 70 Rayquaza with a mere Pokéball.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    It'd make the game more appealing. I like having a lot of one thing - catch the masterball with the Pokémon, lol.

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
  • Nah, it would take all the fun and challenge out of the game.

Especially on GSC where there are 5 Pokémon you could potentially use the Master Ball to catch. Having just the one is fine as it is.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I wouldn't think so because then there would be no fun in the game. xD

If you could buy master balls then what's the sense in having fun by catching those legendaries?

To me it wouldn't be fun in buying master balls, but if it did happen it better be a high price, as high as possible. :)

Alpha de Splash

DPPtHGSS Researcher
    Years
  • Its kinda weird that given a single masterball, i never need to use it. one is plenty more than enough because you can catch anything with anything.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • No, it wouldn't. :(
    For starters, what would the point in buying other Pokeballs? There wouldn't be a point, if you can just buy masterballs. As it stated in the game, they are rare Pokeballs that are hard to obtain, so where would the logic be in a Pokemart or whatever selling them? Also, how would they obtan them if Pokemon professors/Big Company directors etc give them out rarely to trainers? So, no, it would not be a good idea for the player (you) being able to buy Masterballs. It would ruin the catching aspect of Pokemon if you can just catch them in one go. It would be very pointless. :(

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2009
    No.It wouldnt.beleive me,some of us Cheap gamers,grabbing any pokemon game we can for a Game Boy coz we dont have a DS,like me ( I have one NOW ) , was sure to have a pokemon Red version. and if you put the MasterBall in the Sixth Slot and encountered a MissingNo. or 'M ,The two well known glitches,you'd have WAY over 99. So i know what its like.No fun.No challenge.No point. if you own a Diamond or Pearl or Platinum,they're ALOT harder to catch.I mean,isnt it Mesprit that Runs and runs? Master ball is good for that.OR,Giratina.boy,i not got a copy YET but i will.but i seen youtube videos,he's a real pain.REAL pain. One is enough. trust me,all cool at first,then very boring,very simple.
    Jordan's PokePet
    yey i won 99 masterballs
    yey i won 99 masterballs

Sid the level 70 Charizard!

Peanutz

So i herd you leik peanutz?
    Years
  • Other Pokeballs would be pointless to include if you could buy Masterballs, and it would take the challenge of catching Pokemon right out of the game.

EXAMPLE:

"Oh, hey, look, it's wild Cressila!"

"I'll just use one of the 50 Masterballs I bought today!"

So, no, it would not be a good idea.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    No... heck, where would the challenge be in catching Pokemon then?

U dont have to use them if you dont want to :/

Back