• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: yomama's Toolbox

Status
Not open for further replies.

yomamathecableguy

Has a lot of projects going on
Years
  • i can already tell you that i probably won't be able to do 1 or 3. they are both what you would call "graphics" tools, and i don't have any experience with such tools, though i will start soon with a sprite editor. the level up attack editor is very possible, if only i could get my ds emulator and roms working. i think i may not have a good enough graphics card, so i may not be able to make any dp tools for a while. sorry :( i'm a whiz with the second generation though ;)

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    1) this probly wont happen for a while but a D/P map editor
    2) a tool that edits the moves a pokemon learns as it levels up for D/P
    3) A Pallete editor for D/P

Maybe you give him a suggestion about a tool for G/S/C.
    Don't forget that interdepth and someone else is working on a d/p map editor, or at least getting info on it.
    as for number 3, I think Ape works for d/p/p.
    anyways...

I really don't have any suggestions yomamathecableguy, becuase what i want is already up on there(the evolution editor).
    You are a very good programmer for G/S/C and i hope to see more G/S/C tools so "amateurs" can get more into hacking the metal generations, instead of asking for d/p/p tools(no offense).
    oh and i was wondering if you planned on combining the evolution editor and the poke edit GSC.

timmay65214

Is the "Idea" Man
    Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2010
    1) level up attack editor
    2) Evo editor
    3) Starter editor
    all for crystal

yomamathecableguy

Years
  • makunouchi - i could combine the two if that's what everyone would like. i also considered combining the level up attack editor i'm working on with Poke Edit GSC, but i'm not sure what everyone would think about that.

timmay - i'm already working on the level up attack editor. i believe swampert has said that he is working on making the mart editor compatible with crystal. don't want to steal any ideas from him. ;) and the starter editor seems easy enough, yet i'm having trouble finding the offsets. but, as soon as i find them i'll be sure to finish the tool! :)

any more suggestions anyone?

timmay65214

Is the "Idea" Man
    Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2010
    Yeah i got one more....
    an editor for what wild pokemon are carrying what items and what percentage that they would have of holding that item.

ex.
    Starmie could have either stardust (25% of the time) or Star Peice (1.5% of the time)
    with the editor you could make it so starmie holds leftovers 100% of the time for example.

yomamathecableguy

Years
  • wow, that actually sounds like a great idea! i could add it in with the Poke Edit GSC tool I made. now i've just got to find the offsets. ;) well, i'm off to continue work on my tools. (btw the computer that has internet, the one i'm on now, is upstairs, my room is downstairs and has the windows computer that i use to make the tools, which is why i can't be on here and work on tools simultaneously) i'll be back on tomorrow, hopefully with a new tool. thanks for the suggestions everyone!

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    makunouchi - i could combine the two if that's what everyone would like. i also considered combining the level up attack editor i'm working on with Poke Edit GSC, but i'm not sure what everyone would think about that.

It would be a great idea because people wouldn't have to download a lot of files to edit pokemon, instead just make one file to impress them.
    although it would take up more effort and time, it would make a lot of new G/S/C hackers happy.
    i wish i could help but i know nothing about this stuff.

yomamathecableguy

Years
  • alright then. so i'll combine the evolution editor and the level up attack editor with Poke Edit GSC..... when i'm done with them. ;)

i finished adding the "items held in wild" section to Poke Edit GSC. it'll be in the first post in a couple of minutes

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2010
    HI ive dwnloaded everything on this thread everything works for me so thanks
    for the tools and this si a request could you make a pokemon crystal trainer editer
    or something like that like the gym leader one just so i can change the gyms types
    ok thanks again for the tools.

yomamathecableguy

Years
  • no problem. it may not be completed for a couple of days. just warning you. but it will be done.

btw since it may take a while, i'll post some "previews" of it here as i start on it. like some pictures, etc. later on today, after i've looked for offsets for a little while, i'll post everything that you'll be able to change. :)

but i'm also working on another tool, a level up attack editor, which will slow the trainer editor down a bit.

Last edited:

yomamathecableguy

Years
  • well, i've made the general layout, and found a few offsets. here's what it will look like (unless someone suggests a better layout. ;))

CrystalTrainerEditor.jpg

Melash

Back for now.
    Years
  • Okay, stop talking and HURRY AND GET IT DONE!!!! No, I'm just kidding! But try to get it done!

yomamathecableguy

Years
  • lolol yes, boss! lol. the trainer editor won't be done for a while. the level up attack editor is just time consuming and filled with boredom (all it is is copying and pasting and editing then copying and pasting...). but the wild pokemon editor doesn't look like it would take too much longer to complete. i can try and complete that first if everyone would like.

yomamathecableguy

Years
  • Crystal Version Workshop

(sorry for the double post)

Hey everyone. As you know, I'm working on quite a few projects right now.
    These include upgrading the wild pokemon editor, making a level up attack
    editor, and making a trainer editor. So, I figured, why not combine them
    all? So, I decided to start work on one big project - Crystal Version
    Workshop. With this tool, you will be able to make almost entire
    hacks of Crystal Version. It may take a while, but I think it will be well
    worth it. And, to Melash, I will make a Gold Version Workshop soon after
    the Crystal Version one is completed. Here are a few of the Crystal Version
    Workshop's features: (these are the features as of now)

--Very Unique UI - Uses a "slider" to navigate through the tools. The
    slider is based on a step-by-step structure.

--Allows User To Change And Save Settings - A settings window will allow
    you to change window colors, fonts, and more.

--Skin - Uses a very different skin. I think it looks a lot better than the
    default skin.

--Pokemon Editor - Things you can edit: Base Stats (HP, Attack, Defense,
    Speed, Special Attack, Special Defense, Capture Rate, Base Exp.), Type(s),
    Item(s) Held In Wild, Egg Moves, and Level Up Attacks

--Trainer Editor - Things you can edit: Overworld Sprite, Direction Facing,
    Movement, Pokemon(Species, Level)

--Attack Editor - Things you can edit: Hit Ratio, PP, Attack Power, Attack
    Effect, Type

--Mart Editor(possibly. I need to check with swampert first) - Things you
    can edit: Items Sold

--Misc. Editor - Things you can edit: Intro "You" Sprite, Intro Oak Sprite,
    Intro Pokemon Sprite, Intro Pokemon Cry, Buena's Password

--Map Editor - This was made by someone else. No license or reference to
    the author came with the tool, so I don't know who made it. It's called
    Crys Map. If anyone knows who made this tool, please let me know so that I
    can give proper credit.

--Credits Section - The credits in my past tools have only been a simple
    message box. The credits in this tool take up an entire window, and are
    organized to look pretty good. A small section is devoted to each person.

Those are the features so far. The goal of this tool is to provide a kind
    of "environment" that the user can use to work on an entire hack, instead
    of having to jump from tool to tool. I want this tool to cover anything
    that you can possibly need to edit, so please, suggest away.

Screenshots

Screenshot1.jpg

Screenshot2.jpg

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2010
    sounds really neat hope it works out for you and the workshop is a really good idea.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back