• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

You Actually Think That Looks Good?

Xairmo

G-String Grandmas, tonight on Sick, Sad World
Years
We've all seen people in public wearing horrible outfits, but have you ever seen someone who's just flat out disgusting? For me, it's those 60 year old men who wear speedos on the beach, at pools, on boats, etc. Really it's disgusting, and they csan't possibly think it looks good. I was on a cruise last year and there were a bunch of these people there and it made want to gag. So do any of you have any pet peeves of the sort?

ChronicEdge

Space Lion
Years
I just hate it when people think that the clothes that they're wearing are making a statement or something ridiculous like that. The whole punk/goth look thing isn't getting anything accomplished anymore. Neither are tattoos or piercings. We're out of that age.

Xairmo

Years
I hate overly statement based clothing. but there was one shirt at Hot Topic that was so over-the-top that I found it hilarious. I want a few tattoos and a piercing but some people go way overboard with it, it's painful to look at.

Star★Seeker

→s t y l e ;
Years
I just hate it when people think that the clothes that they're wearing are making a statement or something ridiculous like that. The whole punk/goth look thing isn't getting anything accomplished anymore. Neither are tattoos or piercings. We're out of that age.
Ugh. Tell me about it. Here where I live all punk/goths/emos dress horribly. I once saw this guy who was wearing knee high black and white socks. I mean, American emo boys are cute, but here they look like 90's grunge grupies. Also every wannabe gangsters seem to think lip and eyebrow piercing look cool; they don't!

txteclipse

The Last
Years
I saw a fat woman wearing gold spandex pants that were at least three sizes too small for her. I wanted to punch her in the face.

Xairmo

Years
The whole "Punk" style kind of contradicts itself. The whole thing about punk was to be all indvidual and fight against the man. But the Punk clothing is essentially an over-the-top, dark revival of the 50's Greaser look.

ChronicEdge

Space Lion
Years
I don't think that there's anything wrong with a tattoo or piercing as long as it actually means something to you. If you want to tattoo your daughter's birthday on your arm or something, whatever, that's cool. The whole full body metal/guyliner/tie over t-shirt/safety pin/bleached rainbow hair thing is just absolutely ****ing ridiculous.

I'm also not incredibly fond of things like Abercrombie or Hollister, the preppy logo crap.

I also don't like the little ghetto rat fashions with all of the skulls and roses and playing card and false graffiti.

I guess I really don't like any kind of clothing that makes me want to stereotype you, though some would say that that's my problem. But as always, I dun' care.

Xairmo

Years
I'm also not incredibly fond of things like Abercrombie or Hollister, the preppy logo crap.

I also don't like the little ghetto rat fashions with all of the skulls and roses and playing card and false graffiti.

I guess I really don't like any kind of clothing that makes me want to stereotype you, though some would say that that's my problem. But as always, I dun' care.

I agree 100%. I hate shopping for clothes because all stores cater to one stereotypical style, and I don't fit into any of those groups. I wear a little bit of everything, why do I have to limit myself to one style?

*Nayz*

a.k.a L_Judah
Years
I hate the way the good majority of females today dress. It's not cute at all. They look like they're on their way to their corner to work.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
I hate when larger women where tight jeans far too low... I'm fat, but I don't wear clothes to emphasize the fact, why do you have to!

EpsilonE

Banned
Years
An old bag in her 70s wearing a see-through white nighty with a red thong on underneath at the movie theaters.

Wrinky, saggy, and wearing nearly invisble clothing, no bra either.

Ew. yes, ew.

UraharaSteph

Science Has Never Been So Sexy
Years
I don't know about anyone else, but I can't stand how all these chav boys wannabe gangsters and now even the 'Emos' and 'indies' are doing it.... wearing their trousers really low down so their butt hangs out .... >_>

They think it's cool to have their trousers round their ankles! Argh! Sure, having your jeans a bit loose is fine and all that, but seriously, showing your whole butt in it's grey stained boxers?! What the hell is that?! is that 'Fashion'?!

No offence to anyone who does that on this forum, but when a guy comes over and chats me up, while his backside is hanging out and I can see his boxers... it's just a complete turn off and I actually want to burst out laughing.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
Years
I hate anything involving feathers or glitter, especially if they are pink.
Or on men.

No offence to anyone who does that on this forum, but when a guy comes over and chats me up, while his backside is hanging out and I can see his boxers... it's just a complete turn off and I actually want to burst out laughing.

Better yet, slap it :D

Dukey

oh.my.gaskarth.
Years
I'd say old guys in their birthday suits at public swimming pools in the change rooms is pretty terrible, though it doesn't get much better once they have speedos on.

My Mum & Dad are usually the ones to point out horrible outfits, generally some gothic or emo style wear, of which I generally think looks really awesome and I'm really jealous of it XD
But I just keep that to myself.

Years
MySpace/Facebook photos. No, you don't have to look stoned or angry. No, you don't have to hold the camera up as high as you can - get someone else to take the photo... from a sensible angle.

I feel sorry for people that are insecure enough with their image to get piercings or tattoos, or even to change their hair, but it's fine if it's just because it's the way you like it. Either way, it's their choice and I don't mind that.

Sorry if I offend anyone, but I'm perfectly entitled to my opinion.

Surf

Years
  • Age 29
  • Rust
  • Seen Jul 31, 2011
I hate it when people wear soccer jerseys out in the street.
Sure, I wear them, but that's at an actual soccer game.
Then there are the "gangsta" people, thinking they're real cool.

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
I think a woman/girl not in a dress (knee/ankle/floor length) or other modest clothing is inadequately dressed.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
I saw this very obese woman at a fireworks show last year. She couldn't even walk, she was in a motorized wheel chair. Well, she was wearing a mini-shirt and a mini skirt..You could see almost everything. X-X

.Ozymandias

Child of Time
Years
People who wear clothes completely unsuitable for their age. 11/12 year old girls in tiny mini-skirts and vest tops when they aren't even old enough to require a bra? Not sexy. With the same token, 60 year old men who wear Evisu jeans tucked into enormous trainers complete with American basketball jersey and baseball cap, also not sexy. In fact, incredibly frightening.

Back