• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

You have received an infraction.

Years
    Are you scared of receiving an infraction?
    I don't break the rules, so I know that I won't receive one. >O

Additionally, do you get a little nervous if you see a PM and you aren't exactly expecting on in your notifications?
    Not really. I frequently get PMs regarding Poem of The week judging, so I usually know that TJGamer must have sent them. XD

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
    Nah, i've got an infraction (For being an idiot), totally my own stupid fault. They're not something i'll be looking to collect but I wouldn't say i'm scared of them either.

As for your second question, the only time i'd be nervous over recieving an unknown notification was if I knew i'd done something wrong and was awaiting punishment. I don't really mind them tbh.

Ryden

Friendly Lurker
    Years
    I've gotten one once. it was for posting multiple times in a new comers introduction thread. I wasn't actually aware that was frowned upon at the time, but no worries it was just a warning and the Mod understood my position.

I'm not really afraid of getting any. I understand the general rules most forums have and I abide by that, though PC does have so more unique and strict rules then I'm use to, so since that warning I've been trying to tred lightly and not disturb the flow of things.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022

Absolutely not. They seem very hard to get. :/

Additionally, do you get a little nervous if you see a PM and you aren't exactly expecting on in your notifications?

No, I hardly get them at all and I'm not scared of them and they are usually for a emblems or a response to a donation.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
    Somewhat. Um, I'm fine with my one and only infraction, I don't need anymore. So if I got another infraction it'd kinda make me paranoid. I'm fine with giving them out though :D

And I get excited when I get PMs. Either emblems or something interesting. :D

Similary, I only have one infraction. It was replying in new Users/Welcome. I'm kinda glad I got it to be honest, as I now normally check the forum-specific rules in a section. Also, I felt kinda bad about getting it. I know it's only minor and isn't one of the serious offences, but I hate seeing it when I check my profile. So yeah, I am kinda scared of getting another infraction. XD

Last edited:

Scytheteen

What is mine is yours
    Years
    • NY
    • Seen Jan 29, 2014
    Am I scared of receiving an infraction? Well, not anymore, really. I used to be (way back in the day when those would be all I get), but now, I don't do anything wrong, so I have no need to fear an infraction.

PM's don't make me nervous, more excited. If someone were to send me a PM rather than a VM, I think it's gotta be something good.

Massacre.

sky's on fire again
    Years
    Naw, I ain't afraid, but that infractions tab staring at you when you look at your profile, no...
    But then again, I never got an infraction.

No, and my PM's are set to pop-up anyway.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I'm not really scared of getting an infraction...after all, we don't have the ever-so-broken rep system now, so people notice them less :D

Combined with the fact that I've only ever had three on this account, and they've all expired before the next one arrived, I see no problem as I'll not get banned. Although I like to make sure I'm never told I'm wrong before I realise - I reported my own thread when I broke a rule :S

I definitely don't dread notifications though. I like talking to people, I'm just not good at it - so I love the prospect of a new VM/PM. However, random friend requests unaccompanied by any earlier acquaintance / interaction irritate me. Especially the newbies who've just seen my name as the last reply to a thread, then added me.

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    I used to be when I initially joined, but now I'm not too worried by them. I've never had an infraction and I don't think I've ever done anything to deserve one.

But I did get a warning from Beachboy once. That was in my first month and it was pretty minor.

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
    I never received an infraction before so it would be a little weird to get one.
    I wouldn't feel like it's the end of the world but I would be a little nervous.

The Red Chain

Not really. If I do receive an infraction, it means I did something to deserve it and you get what you deserve. D:
    I wouldn't like getting one no, but.. that's the way it goes. XD; [ Though I've never gotten one before... >_<; ]

Nooope! It makes me really happy to get a PM out of nowhere, tbh. My notifications are usually for VMs, so a pop up notification for a PM is nice sometimes too~.

Speed

Skyward
    Years

No, not really. I'll just find out what I did wrong, and never do it again.

No, I would love to see a notification, since I don't really get much. xD

Ben.

Orange I s l a n d s~
    Years
    Not really.
    My reaction is like;
    "Ohhhh coool, what did I do this?"

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013

I've never gotten one before. XD; I'm not really scared of getting one, though. If I did get one, you know, I probably deserved it.

No, are you kidding, I love surprise PMs :D!

Queen of Darkness

Ikuto!!!!
    Years
    Not really...

No, I'm kind of excited to see what the pm says :)

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
    Years
    Yeah, I'm always sacred I'll do something that will anger everybody. I get really nervous when I get a PM I'm not expecting. Once, Manipulation actually sent me a fake PM telling me I got infracted, and scared the living daylights out of me. :3

ShinyMeowth

Gone forever
    Years

I had an infraction on a forum I used to visit before coming here. Getting it felt terrible, especially knowing that I deserved it. I don't want that to ever happen again, so I'm not planning to justify one.

Definitely no, I love having notifications.

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2011
    Not really nervous, no. Concerned, yes, since getting one would show that my conduct is slipping up. I don't want that, as what I do here could reflect my conduct in real life. If I slip up here, chances are I could be slipping up IRL too.

I'm not nervous to get a notification or PM. Usually I see it as a pleasant surprise, since I never expect it to be an infraction.

Melody

Banned
    Years
    Infractions, do not frighten me. I'm on good enough terms with enough members of staff to get a fair hearing if I don't think the reason behind it is quite so nicely intended. Yes it's true, I have all of my infractions "investigated" in this way...since a certain incident. If you need the details of it and are a member of h-staff, ask Rukario. :/

Unexpected PM, can make me flinch, but it's not because I'm expecting infractions for anything...just that PMs out of the blue in general don't always bode well...and usually end in some sort of minor drama that is quite bothersome. :/

Back