• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Youkai Academy (IC thread)

Pkmn Trainer Butthead

Proto (Not the *****)
Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015

Doctor Johan Karlsson

Johan waited quietly, occasionally taking a sip of his coffee or checking over his notes. When the walking settled down, Johan observed the class. He saw a couple students not yet here, but that was their choice. Johan arose from his chair, still holding his coffee while observing his students. Johan sighed, and begun speaking.

" Hello Students, I am Doctor Karlsson. This is Human History. If you are supposed to be in a different class right now, you may exit. If you are meant to be here right now, Welcome to Human History," Johan begun. Johan picked up a stack of papers that contained the course outline for Human history -

Spoiler:

" I am giving you the course outline," Johan continued as he handed out the sheets,

"I suggest you read them."

Johan returned to the front of the class after handing out the course outlines. He took a sip of his coffee and sat back in his desk as the students did whatever with the course outline. Johan neatly stacked the papers for the first assignment, creating a perfect stack. Johan got up from his chair, and began handing out the first assignment.

" This assignment that I am handing out to you is to be handed in at the start of your next class. It shouldn't take too long," Johan informed.

Once again, Johan returned to the front of the room following handing out assignments, and drank the rest of his coffee.

" That assignment in front of you is the first assignment of the year. What you are to do is write a small presentation about your family's history as Youkai. If you are the only Youkai, you will write about how you found out about your Youkai powers. Now, you have the rest of the class to work on this, paper and pens can be provided if you were too foolish to bring supplies," Johan stated, then returned to his desk. Johan booted up his laptop, and began typing away.

(OOC: If you are in Classroom 6 and your character didn't bring supplies, you can bunny my character ONLY to get those supplies.)

Last edited:

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Gavin Grant

Gavin let out a sigh as he took a seat in the front row. He reasoned that if he desired a seat on the student council, he'd need to stand out, and to stand out he'd need to impress the teachers. The subject was History, certainly not one of his weak points, but since it was the first day there wasn't much he really needed to do- or rather, there wasn't much he could do. Once class started, Gavin listened to the lecture and mentally noted every word the teacher said. He heard some idle chatter around and behind him. At one point he thought about exclaiming, "Be quiet, there's a lesson in session!" to impress the teacher, but refrained from acting, as he might lose the respect of his classmates, something he needed if he were to win the election. As he was listening, he noticed that none of the history was about Youkai at all, in fact, the entire class was Human History. He pulled out his Student Guidebook and looked through the curriculum, and as he expected, there was no Youkai History class. Only human history...tch, I guess that means our heritages aren't important at all; I'll have to change that.

"That assignment in front of you is the first assignment of the year. What you are to do is write a small presentation about your family's history as Youkai. If you are the only Youkai, you will write about how you found out about your Youkai powers. Now, you have the rest of the class to work on this, paper and pens can be provided if you were too foolish to bring supplies," said his teacher.

"Hold on!" Gavin said abruptly, it was a mostly unconscious act, his mind acted without his body's permission. He faltered, feeling the classes eyes on him, he made a mistake, one that could cost him his potential seat in the student council. However, if he were to back down, he would be a laughing stock, definitely not class presidential material. "What does any of this have to do with Human History?" He asked confidently. "I'm all for Youkai Heritage...but why are we doing this assignment that clearly has nothing to do with the class' subject matter!?"

プリンセスサファイア

Sapphire Princess
    Years
  • Mayu sighed as the teacher picked on Sapphire more even going as far as to insult her parents. When Sapphire said she had lost her parents Mayu glanced over a little sadly. Sure her parents where still alive but she had been left to fend for herself at as soon as her second tail came in as with tradition. Coming out of her thoughts she saw that Ryuu had turned to look at Sapphire and the teacher had left the room. She smiled at the older girl. "it took a lot of courage to stand up to an adult. I wouldn't have been able to, I'm Mayu it's nice to meet both of you" she said smiling at Ryuu and Sapphire.

Pkmn Trainer Butthead

Proto (Not the *****)
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    Doctor Johan Karlsson​

Johan had begun typing while observing his students. Most of them had begun working, some of them hadn't. To be expected of course, Johan thought to himself. Just after that thought, Johan was interrupted by one of his students.

" Hold on," the student exclaimed.

" What does any of this have to do with Human History, I'm all for Youkai Heritage...but why are we doing this assignment that clearly has nothing to do with the class' subject matter," the student inquired, slightly toning down his volume of voice yet still using some frustration.

Johan decided to approach the student's desk, which was convienently at the front of the class and Johan put his hands on the students desk.

" The relevance of this assignment directly corrolates to Unit 1 of the curriculum, Family Youkai History, and Unit 2, History of Youkai," Johan explained,

" Does that help you, or do you need more assistance, if you do I'll do what I can but I don't know your family," Johan finished.

Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2013
    Rafael Leon
    Rafael walked into Dorms A classroom and smiled slightly. He looked at all the students and made sure that all of them were still there. He sighed and counted the students and said their names in his head.

" Alright class I'm your English teacher. Mr. Leon " I said to the class without that much emotion but I guess that comes with being a Vampire. I wrote a question on the board that read What are the differences between dependent and independent clauses? Does anybody here know what the difference are was what I was wondering in my head..

Raki
    I was looking around and befor I knew it the teacher had asked a question. "Can anyone tell me how many kinds of youkai exist?" I looked at the teacher with a puzzled look on my face. I was about to make a wild guess that would have probably been wrong. I was opening my mouth when somebody in the class had answered the question.The boy had said.

"Various types of Youkai exist in the world. There are the primary Youkai species like the ones that attend classes at this academy, but there are few different sub-species of Youkai that we may not even know about yet. As far as we know, there could be hundreds of different Youkai species, including the possible unknown Youkai."

DarkAngel91

Looking for a Fletchling for OR
    Years
  • Shadow shook her head. "If you know what's good for you, you won't get involved with me. People tend to get hurt and sometimes die" she said, her voice lower. She gently pat his hand, before going into their class room. She saw a girl sitting towards the front of the class room, and a boy with a book. She sat in the corner, where it was dark. Her eyes were the only indicator that someone sat there, as they reflected the light, making her eyes glow purple a bit. She pulled out a song book, and began to study the lyrics to various songs. Though the dead and dying didn't mind her current songs, she wanted to sing more peaceful songs to them, to ease their passing into the next life. She began humming softly, loud enough that the boy might possibly hear it. It was a lullaby her mother sang to her when she was a baby.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Gavin Grant​

This is apart of the class curriculum? Gavin asked himself. I can use this...yeah. Yeah, I can use this! If the board approved such an idea for an entire unit, then maybe I could use this as ammunition once I get on the Student Council. Gavin started to chuckle to himself before he noticed that the teacher was still looking at him. Immediately regaining composure, he said, "No further questions." He reached into his satchel and took out Gorun Nova, his pencil (which doubles as his staff, the main reason he gave it a name) and his notebook and feverishly started writing.

His mother was a normal human born in Maryland, her name was Carol Yatz. Carol had a moderately middle-class upbringing, and she went through most of her early life completely ignorant of youkai, mainly because the idea was pretty foreign, and Western monsters were just literature to her. In college she majored in philosophy. For one of her classes, she was to study foreign ideologies, religions, and the supernatural. That's when she met Trent Grant, Gavin's father. At first, Carol didn't know that Trent was a Warlock. Why would she, he looked perfectly normal. In fact, there was no real incident that forced him into preforming a revelation. The reason they met was pretty normal, she was looking up books for a project, one of which was a grimoire. She grabbed for it, and on the other side he grabbed for it. When he heard about this, Gavin likened it to something you would see in a movie. The two became friends, and Trent would help Carol with her studies. Eventually the two fell in love. One day, during a private study session he asked her if he could show her something. Blushing, she smiled and said yes. He took out a grimoire, his personal grimoire that he shapeshifted his staff into, and whispered a few words that Carol couldn't hear. Suddenly, the room flooded. At first, Carol panicked, not noticing that despite being immersed in water, she wasn't drowning or even wet, she could breathe just fine. Trent gently put his hands around his Carol's head and kissed her. They later went on to get married and have Gavin.

In the case of Trent, he was...different, due to his being a warlock. He was born to a family of two, but in a different realm. He was secluded from humans, something he didn't care about. Ever. In fact, he never had any yearning to meet humans. The reason he left his home was to seek out other youkai, as he was interested in the different types. His parents initially didn't approve of his idea to go to the realm in which Warlocks weren't the majority, but he was swayed by Trent's determination. At the age of 18, Trent left for college to pursue Paranormal Studies. It was here that he found out that his being a youkai and using his powers would attract other, violent youkai. He was fine with this, as he was able to fend them off, but when he married Carol, he put his grimoire away for good.

Trent's father (Tal) and mother (Ani) were both a war. His mother was a daughter of royalty, something that Trent did not want to be apart of, or rather, couldn't be apart of. His father, on the other hand, died before he was born. He was a soldier in an army for the empire from which his lover hailed. The two met, and fell in love, but Trent was conceived by...less than consensual means, or so the empire thought. Tal was executed for adultery and Ani ran away from the home, to a far away village by the name of Yarland Village.

That was the extent of what Gavin knew about his family. He put the paper on his teacher's desk and returned to his seat.

-Grayscale-

яιѕєη ƒяσм тнє ๔єα๔...
    Years
  • Alice Stone

"Welcome!" the teacher shouted out to her students. The voice went through Alice's headphones quite well. She gingerly put then around her neck to listen. The first day of class was always at least slightly important. "Welcome in my class! I will tell you today about all kinds of Youkai!" he said, "I am mister Hiroshi, and I will teach you today, pleased to meet you." She watched the teacher look at all of them, probably seeing through their disguises or something creepy like that. Alice already knew a lot about Youkai, she didn't see why anyone needed this class.

"Can anyone tell me how many kinds of youkai exist?" was the first question. It actually caught her off guard, but as soon as she was about to raise her hand a boy from the other side of the room answered. "Various types of Youkai exist in the world. There are the primary Youkai species like the ones that attend classes at this academy, but there are few different sub-species of Youkai that we may not even know about yet. As far as we know, there could be hundreds of different Youkai species, including the possible unknown Youkai," was his rather long, and good answer. Alice frowned for a slight moment, but her smile went back on straight away. "
    Smart boy..."

Thinking about it now, she wondered what kind of monsters her classmates were. It was hard to tell from the outside... and she doubted anyone would tell her flat-out. Even now Alice didn't even know what power she held, if anything.

Beegu

Is Waldo
    Years
  • Ryokami N. Kilebb - Youkai history

"A fellow wolf at this academy on the first day. At least I know now I'm not the only werewolf youkai at this place." He murmured, embodying Kami's thoughts. Well, things seem to be off to a good start she thought contently while the last students came into class.

The teacher began with a simple yet somewhat unexpected phrase "Can anyone tell me how many kinds of youkai exist?" A few hands went up hands went up, but Tyrant blurted "Various types of Youkai exist in the world. There are the primary Youkai species like the ones that attend classes at this academy, but there are few different sub-species of Youkai that we may not even know about yet. As far as we know, there could be hundreds of different Youkai species, including the possible unknown Youkai."

Well that was impressive. What a good student for a werewolf. Kami could barely focus on account of always being hyperactive. Several students also seemed impressed by this. "Impressive, mr. Storm! Although next time, please raise your hand before answering. Yes, there could be several hundred types of Youkai, but only a few dozen are labeled as 'primary'. Also, in the future we will refer to sub-species as sub-species, as the term 'secondary' is often derogatory." The teacher said in response to Tyrant's well-thought-out statement.

(OOC: are we getting a non-NPC teacher for dorm C?)

Years
  • Jim lets Shadow vent her frustration, not really affected by her voice. Like she said: the dead didn't care. He lets her calm down, but before he can say anything, she heads off to class, advising him to leave her alone. He watches her walk into class, laughing at her words. "Sometimes people get hurt or die, huh? Too late, sister. I'm already dead!"

He heads to class, kicking the door open and taking the nearest seat, right next to a girl with cat ears. "Sorry I'm late. Had to help another student find her class."

Draginja

Weasel Mascot
    Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2012
    Allison Ortega

Alley had been idly staring at the ceiling when the Professor assigned them work. "Aww, work? And how are we supposed to know about our family history? Who pays attention to that?" She idly twirls a pencil around her fingers, staring at the paper in front of her. "Hmm... let's see..." She starts writing.

I lived in a small woodland community. Everyone there was a hard-working, self-sufficient worker. We had a lot of Youkai. I was one of them. I didn't pay attenton to our history because it was boring. Now I'm here. The End.

At that moment, the door is kicked open, and a Zombie strolls into the room. Alley shrieks in surprise, leaping up and literally clinging to the ceiling. "Zombie! The movies were right all along! The end is nigh!"

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
    Years
  • Ryuu Ricardo Rojas Dorm A - Classroom 2

Ryuu was only listening to anything around him. He heard Sapphire thank him & introduced herself. A vampire, like Ryuu. "I'm Ryuu." He said still looking up front. The teacher left & another teacher came in. Hopefully he'll be nice.

Ryuu wasn't gonna give out his identity that easily. Heck, not even after he's dead...or undead. However it goes. The other blond girl was saying something to Sapphire & Ryuu, but he wasn't listening. Mostly 'cause PC went down so I couldn't see what Sapphire Princess posted, so I sent this post to PS so she could post it for me while I was asleep. Thanks a lot viruses!

"Huh...?" Ryuu asked quietly. He wasn't paying attention just now, 'cause I forgot what Sapphire Princess had posted, so he didn't know what the girl said to both he & Sapphire. He'd rather much be alone right now. The teacher had started class & was writing on the board. His name was Leon, right? Difference between dependent & independent what? Ryuu wasn't focused enough right now. Whatever, he just stayed silent anyway.

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
    Years
  • Sapphire Ruby Destiny

"I'm Ryuu." Ryuu answered still looking up front.

since that Ryuu and Maya were the only ones in the classroom when she was still in her real form there were only two persons who knew her real form, she didnt liked it though, she prefer had keeped it a secret so people wouldn't judge her.

"it took a lot of courage to stand up to an adult. I wouldn't have been able to, I'm Mayu it's nice to meet both of you" the girl next to Ryuu said to them. 'n-nice to meet you M-Maya...' Sapphire said quietly and shyly, she didn't liked to talk to alot of people that much, it made her insecure, she was looking at her desk when a teacher came in.

he wrote down his name on the board, Leon was his name, a vampire too. at least no one besides Maya and Ryuu knows her appearence. she wasn't really paying attention to the class but half laying on her desk. 'what i would do for a can with tomoto juice...' she mumbled quietly.

Kiba Ray Hiroshi

(ooc: Beegu: Didn't i said i would control the NCP's from now to prevent futher confusion? ;) )

(OOC: EDIT: the teacher of Dorm-C is not an NCP anymore! He's my character :p)

"Various types of Youkai exist in the world. There are the primary Youkai species like the ones that attend classes at this academy, but there are few different sub-species of Youkai that we may not even know about yet. As far as we know, there could be hundreds of different Youkai species, including the possible unknown Youkai." a boy answered Mr. Hiroshi's question.

it seemed like those students thought he was weak, time to show off. the teacher raised his hand towards the windows, he made a fist and immediately all the windows broke, but the pieces didn't touch the students yet, they were flying in the sky. 'please don't underestimate powers in my class.' He said with a grin on his face. he moved his hand away and the windows repaired theirselves, though, he still didn't reveal his true appearence.

'that's right Mr. Storm. there are hundreds of different Youkai species, including the unknown Youkai.' Hiroshi slowly walked to the other side of the classroom facing a few students. 'there are strong Youkai and weak Youkai, so far i noticed all the students this year are the strong Youai.' Hiroshi walked back to the front of the classroom. 'who knows which Youkai is known as the Youkai with strength?' he asked the class.

Last edited:

SylveonStar

Sylveon
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 15, 2017
    Nerina Aqua Mizutani

Nerina sighed sitting in the back of the classroom. She had gotten there early and watched as the other students entered and didn't make her presence known. She watched silently as the class started and someone answered Mr. Hiroshi's question. "Various types of Youkai exist in the world. There are the primary Youkai species like the ones that attend classes at this academy, but there are few different sub-species of Youkai that we may not even know about yet. As far as we know, there could be hundreds of different Youkai species, including the possible unknown Youkai."

Nerina sighed bored and stared at her finger nails. What she wouldn't give to be able to go out and feed, it was the time of year where she had to feed if she wanted to keep her 18 year old appearance and she just wished classes where over so she could do so. The teacher raised his hand toward the windows and they broke but none of the glass touched anybody and Nerina sighed again. "who knows which Youkai is known as the Youkai with strength?" Mr. Hiroshi asked.

"I believe that the vampire youkai are known for their strength" Nerina spoke out making her presence in the back of the room known.

DarkAngel91

Years
  • Shadow jumped a little when the girl in the front jumped and was clinging to the ceiling, screaming. She looked over and saw Jim, and understanding flooded through her. She sighed, putting away her song book. She got up and gracefully walked to where the girl was clinging to the ceiling for dear life. "Hey, it's alright. He's not going to hurt you. I promise. My name is Shadow. Please come down" she said, using her vocal powers a tiny bit. She didn't care if she got in trouble. She wanted to help the girl. She looked over at Jim, her purple eyes narrowing. "Next time, don't make so big of an entrance" she warned softly. She returned her attention to the girl. "What is you're name?" she asked sweetly.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Gavin Grant​

"Zombie! The movies were right all along! The end is nigh!" Gavin heard a classmate exclaim. He put Gorun Nova in the book he was reading to act as a bookmark and turned around to see what was going on. When he looked, he was shocked at what he saw. A zombie. Gavin was scared of zombies above all else, though he'd never actually seen a real one. He did flirt with the idea that zombies might attend the school, thinking that they were an impossibility, with a few exceptions. Still, it would be hard to gain the student body's approval if he was discriminatory or evasive towards certain members of the school, so he bit his tongue and proceeded towards the entrance of the classroom. Slowly. When he reached the entrance, he looked Jim square in the eyes, and extended his trembling arm towards Jim.

"T-the name's," he started stuttering. He looked down for a moment, brought his eyes back up to Jim's, cleared his throat, and started over. "The name's Gavin Grant, pleased to make your acquaintance," he said with a smile, though even he was unsure how he managed to smile in the face of his greatest fear.

Last edited:

Draginja

Weasel Mascot
    Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2012
    Alley clings to the ceiling, but a soft voice catches her attention. "Hey, it's alright. He's not going to hurt you. I promise. My name is Shadow. Please come down." Though she is still startled by the agressive entrance of the undead student, the voice compels her to listen, and she trusts Shadow completely. She lets go of the ceiling, falling back to the floor. She flips in midair, landing a perfect three-point landing (both feet and one hand on the ground, the other hand behind her for balance). She stands behind Shadow, keeping her between herself and the zombie. She grabs Shadow's sides, peeking out form under her arm.

"What is your name?" Shadow asks softly. Alley looks up at her nervously. "Allison. Most people call me Alley. Or Cat. Or even Alley Cat. Whichever you prefer."

DarkAngel91

Years
  • Shadow laughed softly when the girl grabbed her sides and peeked under her arm. "Alley, he won't hurt you. Contrary to what you may think, he's actually pretty harmless. Heck, I'M more of a threat than him." she said, soothing the girl. She was a cat girl. The ear-shaped bangs kinda gave it away. However, Shadow's true self was even easier to identify, should one want to identify her. Her voice was un-naturally beautiful and melodic, giving a huge indicator she was a siren. She smiled gently. "He really won't hurt you." she assured Alley.

Draginja

Weasel Mascot
    Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2012
    Alley slowly steps out from behind Shadow, looking up at her in confusion. "You? But you're so nice, and seem so normal. Look at him! He's a walking corpse, and he kicked down the door! You're saying he's harmless?" She glares at the zombie, even as another student goes to introduce himself. Alley flexes her fingers, extending her claws with a soft snikt sound. "He'll be armless if he tries anything, though... Haha, armless. It's a pun."

DarkAngel91

Years
  • Shadow just gave the girl another smile. "I'm anything but normal. After classes I'll show you." she said. She reached back, under her blazer and pulled out a dead feather. "Perhaps this will help you're memory" she said, handing Alley the feather. It was long and and a glossy black. She knew the only kind of youkai that had feathered wings were Sirens. She smiled again. "Anyhow, exactly what do we do in this class? No one has told me much of anything, and I'm horrible at asking teachers for help" she said.

Back