• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your age

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
  • Im 14 and playing Pokemon which is Ok.

Pokemon is not just for kids, I hate people who say that to <.<

My Mum is 44 and she play it :O Good to have a Pokemon playing Mom getting games is easy ;)

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Mid to late 20's and we won't get any more specific than that. Rest assured I am still into Pokemon, and even if B/W disappoints, I will always have the older games to fall back on so I can continue to enjoy it.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Sixteen over here.

When I first started out on forums, age was a major thing. I was seeing people in their early thirties post about their Pokemon experiences and I thought it was a little weird. Nowadays I don't care. Anyone can like whatever aspect of the fandom no matter what age they are. You don't suddenly become too mature for something overnight. If you lose interest in it over time, that's fair enough, but your age does not determine what you can enjoy.

AadmM

I AM THE BRAINWASHAAAA
    Years
  • I'm 20, and I'm probably more into Pokémon now than I was when it first came out.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't see how someone my age or older liking Pokémon is that big of a deal. If people in my age group can like things like Wall-E, Toy Story, or some other random Disney/Pixar movie, what's wrong with liking Pokémon? It appeals to people of all ages, just like those movies do.

Just my two cents :P

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    I'm thirteen.
    I do so love seeing the reactions when I tell people that after I've known them for a while...

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2011
    I'm twelve , 13 in 4 days. And before i get flamed for that in my defense did you know Latin at 12 ?

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2021
    I'm 21 and while I admit i am slowly getting tired of the series in some elements, I'll always be a pokemon fanboy. That being said, I do try to be discrete about it in the real world simply because people don't always handle that well.

And it's true, most "Adult" games are mindless shooters with no story, no character development, etc. other than "That's a bad guy, kill him." And it's reflected in the players. Ever hear those people on voice chat playing halo? 'Nuff said.

This is pretty much how I feel. I'm 19, fairly popular depending on who you ask, in high school I was prom king, I've had a few girlfriends who were well aware of my Pokemon love (the girl I was with last year playfully hated how I would ignore her to play Puzzle League.. all the time). It's really not too much of a social problem. You'll get some weird looks pulling out the DS in a public place but the kind people who will avoid your company because you like a certain game aren't worth knowing anyway.

Years
  • I recently turned 25...

I'm one of the ones who has been into the games since the days of Red and Blue, and I'm looking forward to the release of Black and White. These games just don't get old with me. :) A group of my friends and I play Pokemon regularly, and we're all pretty close to the same age.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    I'm fifteen. I play Pokemon at school every now and then. I've only been bothered about it a couple times, and even then it's not that big of a deal. Generally people don't care that much whether or not someone plays Pokemon. Anyone who really has a problem with it... their opinion isn't worth worrying about.

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
    Years
  • This is pretty much how I feel. I'm 19, fairly popular depending on who you ask, in high school I was prom king, I've had a few girlfriends who were well aware of my Pokemon love (the girl I was with last year playfully hated how I would ignore her to play Puzzle League.. all the time). It's really not too much of a social problem. You'll get some weird looks pulling out the DS in a public place but the kind people who will avoid your company because you like a certain game aren't worth knowing anyway.
    Which is why I seek out other gamers, they tend to be more accepting. Luckily the social stigma is dying. Thank you PokeWalkers. We were all basically outed and surprisingly, I think it turned out to be better and united the fandom and people who make fun of poke-geeks since many people found out their friends were closeted trainers.

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2021
    Which is why I seek out other gamers, they tend to be more accepting. Luckily the social stigma is dying. Thank you PokeWalkers. We were all basically outed and surprisingly, I think it turned out to be better and united the fandom and people who make fun of poke-geeks since many people found out their friends were closeted trainers.

Well said.

Spoiler:

Daikenki

Water Trainer
    Years
  • 21 and not even thinking of dropping the games. I grew up with Pokemon. I'm sure as I grow older, have my own family, get a job, etc., I'll stop playing it as much as I do now. I don't want to completely give it up. I want to be 80 years old trying to catch a giant legendary into a tiny pokeball. I could care less how people think it's a children's game. Okay yes, the target audience is ten year olds, but that doesn't mean adults can't enjoy them too. I'll even get my children into being pokemon fanatics and show them how it's done. >3

TJgamer

A Pokémon Poet
    Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2021
    I am 17. And I 100% agree with you!
    Pokémon (especially the games) should not be considered childish. I started my Pokémon journey in the Sinnoh region (Pokémon Diamond).
    Now Black and White is coming out and I really want to check it out.
    But...(sigh)...I don't want my siblings getting the wrong idea.
    (I'm going a bit off-topic, aren't I)

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
  • I'm 14 and I will never drop pokemon. I wasn't around when some games came out, but still I don't want to give up pokemon.

Katie_Q

Pokemon master in the making
    Years
  • I'm 15. I intend to play for life (I've always loved pokemon. I could never stay away from it for more then a year even when my friends stopped liking it and I got a heap of different interests). Like, even when I'm in the old peoples home! Pokemon isn't for kids. I loved the show since I was little, but played my first game when I was 7 or 8. I didn't have a clue what to do. I didn't really start to figure it out until about 11 or 12... I am kind of slow though. Even now there's a lot I haven't learned. And competetive battling.... That stuffs confusing....

But games are for everyone. Mature games are usually about war or shooting etc. I think war is stupid and I'm not that interested in running around shooting people. I see no maturity in that -_- no offence to the people who like those games. It IS just a game.

Wasen

The Wolf of Darkness
    Years
  • I'm nineteen now. I got my first game (Yellow) when I was nine. Since then I have been a hardcore fan of the games :D

Back