• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your best/favourite type (IF YOU WERE TO BE A GYM LEADER?)

Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2010
    What's everyone's favourite type and what's everyone's opinion on the best type. And if you were a gym leader, what type would you have?!

Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2010
    I always thought Dark was more of a move-type than a pokemon type. Since there doesnt seem to be a particular 'look' amoung them ;/ idk thats my opinion. And all their moves are sinister it seems (like Thief and Payback).

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
  • I would probably be a gym leader for a mixture of dragon types and electric types =P

Pekin

Wigglytuff is and has always been on acid.
    Years
  • Maybe I'd be a Dark type gym leader, but that'd only be because there still aren't any of those... Which sucks. Otherwise - having completed the Ultimate MTC with Grass - I'd go with the Grass-type, because it rules.

Years
  • I'd probably be a Gym Leader like Blue/Green, who has a mixture of types. But, if I had to stick to a single type, I'd probably choose either dark type, or electric type.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Grass type gym leader.
    But monotype gyms are awful, no matter what type they may be.

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
    Years
  • Dark-Type all the way, baby. They're so under appreciated =( My team would be:

-Zoroark
    -Umbreon
    -Houndoom
    -Honchkrow
    -Drapion
    -Sharpedo

If I could use a legendary, then Darkrai would replace Sharpedo.

Years
  • I would be the best Poison/Grass Gym Leader because they are my favourite types and also my name is "Team Poison" and the poison side suits me because purple is my favourite colour, also I will poison your puny ass.

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years
  • Normal :D .
    everyone underestimates normals,
    but they only have 1 weakness and learn every type of move :D .
    i have a normal type team in diamod too ;) .

Newbie 2.0

The New Type of Noob
    Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2011
    I love fire types, so I would be a fire type gym leader with a Charizard. =D

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2013
    dark type my favorite pokemon and my favorite legendary pokemon are dark types: absol and darkray

i would have

absol
    spiritomb
    houndoom
    sharpedo
    honchkrow
    umbreo

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
  • my favorite type is flying, and the best type I think that is out there is dragon. Dragon types are beast. Hmm I guess Dark types can come in 2nd place.

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
  • Ice all the way! I know there have been two Ice type gyms already, but I still don't think that's enough >w< and I really love Ice types!

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2013
    i would choose psychic types, they have few weakness, high special and are quite versatile.

mama luigi

It's freakin' Mama Luigi!
    Years
  • Dragon type! If someone would fight me if I would be a GYM leader, I would use these pokemon in this order:

1.Charizard
    2.Dragonair
    3.Salamence
    4.Aerodactyl
    5.Altaria
    6.Flygon

Left4Dead

Are you mental in the face?
    Years
  • If I was going to be a Gym leader I'd use ground Pokemon as they're awesome plus there is so much variety with them. For example I could have Torterra, Garchomp, Swampert, Nidoqueen, Steelix, Gliscor, Camerupt, Mamoswine, Claydol, Flygon... the list goes on an on. It also means no one could come at you with a certain type and expect victory, they'd have to have a good range of types. They send in Ice I send out Camerupt or Steelix, they send out water I sent in Torterra or Garchomp, they send in Grass I send in Gliscor or Nidoqueen. You see what I mean? The possibilites are endless!

Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2015
    I would love to be a gym leader of electric type pokémon or fire type. They have always been my favorites, and I think that'd be best suiting for me. Although I wouldn't mind being a dark gym leader or a dragon type. Still, electric or fire would be first choice.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • the pokemon universe needs moar poison-type gyms. :D

If I was the leader of a poison-type gym, my team would be something along the lines of:

- Roserade
    - Weezing
    - Muk
    - Drapion
    - Tentacruel
    - Crobat

Fairly balanced...good type coverage (especially against the two most notable poison-type weaknesses), and downright annoying with the right movesets. >:D

Back