• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your Best Water Pokemon (Kanto)

Pokemount

Hello
Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2013
    My favorite would have to be Cloyster or Gyarados, with Tentacruel, Lapras and Blastoise close behind. To be honest though, there isn't really a water pokemon I dislike in the original generation.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Gyarados, Golduck and Poliwhirl. Probably. I love Staryu too, but in the games I mostly use the former three. Their designs and attacks and power is great imo. I used to like Poliwhirl and its family the most, but Gyarados and Golduck grew on me. And Wartortle deserves a mentioning, not because it's the greatest thing ever but because it looks cool.

Ayselipera

Staryu/Starmie. They're one of my top 5 favorite Pokemon. I think Starmie has a nice typing and with that came a pretty wide move pool... and pretty good stats. Kinda makes it fun to use since you can teach it a variety of moves each time you use it and it can actually hold its own.

Shrew

is a Shrew
    Years
  • Blastoise, Starmie, Vaporeon, Poliwhirl, Golduck, Lapras... aw man, I'm remembering now why water used to be my favorite type when I was younger. :D

I would say Vaporeon. :)

Back