• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your Dream Game

Years

• If you could create a game, what would it be?

You have been given enough money to cover the creation of your game. You have been given a team more than capable of creating what ever you think off. You can rip as little or as much from existing/previous games as you want. You have been given as much time to develop this game and you can make it what ever you want.

So what would your game be?
    What platform would it be made on?
    What would the story be?
    Who would be the hero/villain, if there is one at all.
    Would there be more than one game?

Get those creative minds going.

JeXsus™

I don't need an avatar!
    Years
    • Age 31
    • NY
    • Seen Apr 3, 2016
    Okay this should be fun! Though not as creative.

Simple, being a hardcore FF7 fan. With Square Enix permission. I would make the long awaited FF7 Reboot. Making the graphics top quality, as well as revamping the battle system though I'll leave as it, I'll just add a few features I believe are necessary.

PS3. And perhaps PSP2 (NGP). Depending if it has a quick rise in succession.

What would the story be?

The story line wouldn't change at all. It'll remain primarily the same. No need in changing something that's already perfect. ^_^

As mentioned above it'll stay the same.

No, I don't want to make the series to become boring. ^_^

Years
  • So what would your game be?
    One big nintendo smashup! Think SSBB but instead of levels, there are worlds like a mario world and a zelda world but all in the pokemon format.
    NDS/NDSi/3DS/Wii
    What would the story be?
    You make your own character up. and then you get let loose into the world. simpl.
    Kinda like the animal crossing story line. except you don't have to stay at home, hell you don't even have to have a home but if you do you can make it anywhere and out of anything, like inside a tree or underground. and you don't have to go on an adventure. just do what the hell you want! :D
    Your choice.
    Yush, the NDS version would be slightly smaller and with less detail. the Wii version however would have everythign the NDS version has but with more!

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022

Bowser.

3DS.

What would the story be?

Bowser and Peach get sent to the reverse world when they see Mario and Luigi are evil. They find out that they want to restart the subspace emissary, for some reason by themselves.

Who would be the hero/villain, if there is one.

Because of my amazing lack of originality, Mr.M and Mr.L.

There would be a whole series, because i said so.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Ummm I haven't come up with a name, but oddly enough, it was inspired by me walking to class on a rainy day. Has to do with a fictional continent being plagued with large amounts of rain, something like that. Only one place isn't rainy, but it's only a rumored place. Ahhhh I won't explain here. ;; If you're talking in terms of genre though, it's an RPG, kind of similar to FF13 in terms of how magic and paradigms work, but also like the Tales of series where you get to, ya know, hit stuff. With swords. :D ONLY...the main character's weapon is an umbrella.

360/PS3

What would the story be?
    Like I said, still working on it, and what I do have, I don't feel like sharing. It's just really strange. But each major city has had different effects from the storm, one has become a marsh, most small cities are flooded and gone, some froze over, and one is plagued with excessive thunderstorms. See, I've been working on the geography more than the story. XD;

It's a group of heroes, actually. I haven't worked out a villain quite yet. So far, I don't really think there will be a recurring villain. The first character you play as though (you accumulate up to 5 or 6 other party members) is Saphira, who comes from a marshy area and wields an umbrella. Instead of how Pokemon has "ground" and such, I'm going with mud as a type of magic. Being different. ;-;

This would probably just be a stand alone game, no sequels. Maybe a prequel, but eh.

Last edited:

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
  • My perfect game... I honestly think JeXus's idea would be the perfect game in itself. I love FF7, or as much as I've seen of it. (I'm still on disk one... :\ I've just started playing it.)

nonetheless... I have some ideas of the perfect game:

-unlimited moves. In Pokemon you have a maximum of four moves. I like the system in a lot of RPGs, with unlimited moves. Of course all characters would have a gauge that would empty as you used moves. (there is likely a term for that, but I have forgotten it at this time.)
    -A good story. Not your typical one where the princess gets kidnapped, and you save her. We need a story that keeps you on edge, that keeps you playing.
    -an art design. Like Okami. It took on the guise of a watercolor painting, perfectly pairing with the story. I wouldn't want an exact copy of it, but a unique take on how things look would be great.

These are just a few ideas. DarkDoom3000's Super Pokemon Eevee Edition incorporates a lot of this. (making it an almost perfect game on it's own.) It would be awesome to find games like this one and FF7.

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
    Years
    A balanced FPS with an intricate map editor. Production time would probably be around three, to four years. Just to make sure everything is completely balanced and there are no glitches. The game would probably be a closed beta between competitive FPS players, since glitches and exploits are more likely to be found by better players. I really like the idea of the map editor, too, but I don't want it to be limited like halo. So it would probably include terraforming and the likes, and the ability to make your own structure shapes. If at all possible, I'd like the editor to be as limit-free as possible. The game would also have dedicated servers, even on console.
    Probably X360/PS3/PC. I'd really like to drag the console closer to what the PC already has in terms of accessibility.
    What would the story be?
    Not necessarily sure, the game would be mostly focused around the multiplayer, though I'd like to include a single player campaign.
    Dependant on the above.
    Maybe, but there'd be a long gap inbetween. I'd like to give the game as much longevity as possible without thrusting another one on the market. Which is where I feel CoD has gone totally wrong.

A Pixy

Cruel?
    Years

I dub thee: 'Eye.'

It would be told in 1st Person. Start to finish. The vision would be realistic. You need your eyes. And when I say that, I mean your eyes are realistic as physically possible. If you focus on something in the foreground, the background blurs and crosses, just like your eye. The right stick controls your eyes. Press RB/R1 to close your right eye and pretty LB/L1 to close your left eye. If that's done, the right stick controls solely that eye. The left stick moves. Doi. Press A to crouch down, hold R2/RT to ready weapon, let go to fire (Press Y/Triangle to cancel shot), Y/Triangle is the general 'Action Button' (switches, pick up etc.). If there is no command, it's a jump and press and hold X/Square to rub your eyes. The game will be a 3D puzzle game from the most realistic 1st Person. You'll need to fire arrows, visually see things and all of the other puzzles will be built around the eye. It'll be a short, downloadable, Portal-type escapade in terms of length.

360, PS3.

The hero is Rodrick Hopkins. The only thing your going to learn about him is through his relationships with everyone else and the clues you find scattered through his home.

The villain is darkness. That's it. If you get completely enveloped in darkness, auto-death. Closing your eyes doesn't count, you still see the light bouncing on your eyelids.

What would the story be?

You are a rather wealthy man living in a massive mansion Britain, 1907. You wake up one morning to find that every door in the house is locked and every light in the house is either off or broken. You also, for some reason, have no recollection of the general layout of your home. You need to find your way out of the house, find out what happened to your family and just what did this.

But the big twist at the end is that Rodrick drove his family away, and walked with them all through the house as they collected their things and his grief stricken mind blocked it out along with the rest of his house related thoughts. The person who broke all the lights was no one. The person you're playing as turned off all the lights after his family left. The Darkness killing you is actually depression manifested physically. If he falls into the dark, he's left with his thoughts and kills himself on the spot.

No. It's one time thing. I don't have the creativity.

Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2012
    Guess I could take the time to post my dream game.

1. What would your game be?

The player takes the form of a spirit that is capable of taking control of (living and moving inside of) inanimate objects. At the start, your character would take control of a simple sword and would guide it into the hands of a 16-20 year old youth.

Game play would consist of the player controlling the sword, but not the character, in combat. Whenever the spirit kills an enemy using said sword, it could pour "attribute points" into different stats, two of which are dependence and independence. A more dependent on the spirit youth will follow the spirit's commands directly, allowing the spirit/player to almost direct exactly where the character moves at times to more throughly explore the world and it's locales. However, the more dependent the character, the more it relies on the spirit to win battles for it, which disallow the spirit from taking advantage of environmental weapons to kill difficult foes/large groups.

On the other hand, a more independent character would be more proficient at handling battles on it's own for awhile if the player isn't directly controlling the sword. The con to this method of apporach would be that the character would decide where to move next without consulting the spirit much about it, and the player would be forced to follow the character's moves if they focus too heavily on independence.

The title would be "Dominance".

2. What console will it be on?
    Multi-plat. I'm not sure which ones, though. PS4, XBOX720, and Wii 2 for sure.

What would be the hero/villian?

The hero would definitely be the character that the player interacts with throughout the course of the game (and could eventually completely control, I suppose). The rest of the heroes would heavily depend on how the open-ended story ends up going during a particular play-through.

The villain...would also heavily be based on the choices of the player and protagonist. I'm sure there'll be a completely corrupt politician or two in there as well, though.

What would the story be?
    The story would consist of a conflict between two religious groups that follow two different sets of spirits (the player is a spirit on one of these sides) and a country in turmoil due to the conflict between these religions.

The story could vary greatly based on the decisions the main character and player make throughout the course of the game, and could also vary due to the dependence of the protagonist. Naturally, the corruption and self-interest of both religions (the player's spirit included) will be eventually revealed throughout the course of the game depending on the choices made by the player.

No, as I feel it would lose some of it's uniqueness the second time, and flaws in the design would be more exposed.

I've no idea if this is a good idea (the tantalizing open world that forces players to play a certain way wouldn't go over well) I feel it's unique enough to post here. Give me your thoughts, please!

razzbat

dancer
    Years
  • I like Sydian's game! sounds like it would be pretty sweet and i love rain! unless i'm riding my bike home from school XD

i got a few ideas but i cbf typing all of them down.

A proper ninja game. What I mean by that is is a ninja game that includes stealth, speed and crazy parkour. setting and style would be kind of like this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLmn42N465I

gameplay will be broken down into missions, which consists of two parts each. first one is infiltrating the target, which might be like stealing treasure from a vault, assassinating some dude, something that involves sneaking into an area unseen. this part is pretty slow placed and involves stealth mechanics similar to assassin's creed and metal gear, with camouflage and silent kills. once you have reached the target the 2nd part will start up. this part involves you getting out of the area as quickly as possible as a whole bunch of guards have seen you. Everything speeds up dramatically with you finding yourself sprinting across rooves with guards chasing you below and arrows flying everywhere. think of assassin's creed roof top runs with the speed times by like 10.
    ps3 and possibly one of the new handhelds.
    What would the story be?
    Haven't thought about it that much. All I can picture atm is a ninja girl that is part of some rebelious ninja clan that are fighting against the emperor and its army.
    Yeh i can only think of the heroine being a strong girl that is aged around 19-20.
    Hahaha this is actually a spin off to another stealth game that i'm thinking of. i decided to talk about this one because the other one is harder to explain in words.

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
    Suikoden VI, obviously. Out of my favourite video game franchises this one is the one that's been given the least love. Also, TIERKREIS DOES NOT COUNT. Good game but DOES NOT COUNT GUAAAAAAH.

Let's keep it on the Playstation, so PS3. Imagine... every single hair beautify rendered, every scale on every dragon and every feather on every griffon... and every fuzz on those stupid furball things. Plus, if its a sequel to SIII we'll finally be able to see some nice models of old favourites. Oh, and did I mention how sexy those rune animations would look on the PS3? OH. MY. GOD.

What would the story be?
    A sequel to the events in III. There's a lot of dangling strings around (hello, we still don't know like 9 of the True Runes obv.)

Fffffuuuu-- I don't know. Maybe that guy Hikusaak. Which would make sense in terms of a sequel to III.

Well, if they left stuff still open I would hope there would be a new one.

.Fenris

Just a bystander, don't shoot!
    Years
    I call it: EndHour.
    The USMC has several specialized platoons of riflemen with the ability to use Bullet Time at will during single-player and Co-op. Multiplayer is ripped straight from Call of Duty, except with ALOT MORE WEAPONS!

Xbox 360, PS3, PC.
    What would the story be?
    After a series of catastrophic explosions throughout the Eastern Seaboard, the FBI links it to a terror cell operating out of Switzerland known as Red Ghost. The government soon sends a joint-CIA-Force Recon unit to capture several key members of the group, only to find out they were on their way to China to plant a suitcase nuke on a PRC carrier, to turn the world superpowers at each other's throats. The team arrives too late, only to have the nuke detonate while their Blackhawk is over Okinawa, sending it out of control.
    The team crash-lands, realizing they failed to stop the attack. After bribing and suaving their way to mainland China and finding the Chinese military is planning to invade the US, they decide to commit a final desperate act: find a missile launch center and drop nuclear warheads on all major Chinese military installations. They fight their way up to a launch center in the mountains to find all of the major members of Red Ghost planning to do the very same thing. They fail to stop the destruction of most of the Chinese military. They kill the heads of Red Ghost at the end.

Capt. Ricardo Rios, the leader of the joint unit.
    Lt. David Anderson, the second-in-command

Erich Holtzmann, the absolute head of Red Ghost.

nope.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2020
    A Beyblade game where you play as either Tyson, Kai, Ray, or Max.

Usually i'd say Nintendo, but... probably PS3 or Xbox since Wii's been left in the dust.

What would the story be?
    Like a .... Kingdom Hearts/Zelda game (w/out musical instruments -w-"). there'd be beybattles but instead of the blades themselves, you'd control the bit beast~! ;P also with some hand-to-hand combat in it~ an in depth, and AWESOME storyline in it too~ oh~ It's my fanfic all over again! there'd be a little of everything. From beyblades to shooting!

That depends. It may end up being Kai for a little bit! XP but he's not the real one~ I'd be Boris (who else) and yeah! i'd wanna make like... three of them!

Psysaturn

Saturn: 2365 5097 2444
    Years
    Think... World of Warcraft: Pokemon.
    Its an MMO, you can play a trainer if you wish, but you aren't necessarily required to. You could be a breeder, or a farmer, or a "professor", or a team rocket member, or etc etc.

You can have a maximum of 6 pokemon in your party at one time and you can battle trainers or wilds as you see fit. The battles can be automated with the regular pokemon battle system, but pokemon in this can have more than merely 4 abilities. Or you could go into like.. an FPS mode during battle and actively control your pokemon, skills by skill, or just make them trade blows.

There would be quests like any MMO would have. The game would be constantly updated with new pokemon that you could battle and capture if you had enough skill to do so. Rattatta would be significantly easier to capture than a Rapidash, for instance. Legendaries would be unobtainable by anyone, or you could obtain them for a quest but could not use in the "real world" of the game.

You would be able to use your pokemon as mounts, any one that would make sense to be able to do so with. You could accessorize your pokemon much like you can with the fashion case. Your pokemon would no longer evolve, but as they leveled up would sort of slowly start morphing into their other forms (this may not work too well I suppose as some pkmn are just too different to have that go well) Stone evolution would work the same way, they have to hold the stone and would, more rapidly than normal, evo over some time. Zoroark and Ditto would be very interesting ones to hunt down, yes?

I havent thought up an interesting crafting or "farming" system yet, but I do intend to add something like that to this... Pokeball crafting or something. A new ball type for every pokemon type and some more interesting ones like a Sun Ball, opposite the dusk ball.

General ideas, wishes, and more...

Obviously it'd have to be Nintendo but in a perfect world it'd be on every console and PC AND be a cross platform game. PC, XBox, Wii, and PSN players all play in the same servers.

What would the story be?
    Open story, some main plots to choose from and many small side stories, always changing as the game is updated and player influence changes the world around them. Players could make their own quests for others to perform as well.

the Team Rocket style people wouldnt necessarily be the villains but they would be players/npcs to keep an eye on.

I don't know. WoW and City of Heroes seem to do just fine without making a sequel every other month so I suppose not, just lots of updates.

Years
  • Well my real dream game is just a Football Chairman/Owner/Tycoon/whatever type game but that is pretty simple so my more original is this -

Definitely a stupidly complex one were you play as part of a team in a cult who happen to be at most historical events to make them go the way they should/want them to.

360 exclusive / then a much less capable version made on the NES for some reason.

What would the story be?

You play as a member of these teams (the character changes on most levels because it is in a different time period). Every action you take in every mission counts toward the eventual ending which in every circumstance links to everything you have done and is so stupidly complex that it doesn't even make sense to the story writers. This means you can fail missions and continue on with the game (but your timeline will be altered massively).

^ As stated above, numerous characters. Depending on if you die in earlier missions, some may return for later missions in a similar time period.

There could be a sequel if it was successful, but no third game because that is generally when series tend to go downhill.

Years
    Gotta be a new Jak and Daxter on the ps3.

Exclusive to ps3!

What would the story be?
    Jak goes into the past, further than the time we thought he was from, bak to when all the precursur stuff wasnt made. seeing as he is Mar he needs to go bak to make all tht stuff :P

Same heros without a doubt, bringing bak the familiar faces and deffo som new ones.
    Enemies would be some ancient foe that has been long forgotten.
    Maybe not....might be pushing it a bit :P

Back