• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your favourite genaration

Favourite generation.

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2020
    Definetly the first two. I remember not even really liking generation 3 when it came out, and now my liking of it has gone waaaay down. The designs are too complex to be pokemon :(

Years
  • Generation 3, because it was the first generation I've played, and I personally think the style of the Pokemon was the most creative of all. <3

tnguye3

Very, very, very lazy spriter.
    Years
  • Gen 2!
    The designs were best imo, and the game was twice as big! ^_^
    I also love the Johto region.
    Gen 3 was cool cause legendaries reminded me of Gods and there were some sick Pokemon designs, but meh, still prefer Gen2.

PatJamma

From the ashes
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 8, 2022
    Gen 2 this is why: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=225858
    all reasons posted there prove gen 2 was, is and always will be the best

as for the worst gen it would have to be 4. Why? pokemon are supposed to sound like monsters not smooth computer sounds! also the pokemon were poop. and whats with the damn french hat?!?!? WTF! I thought pokemon took place in Japan! also waaaaay too many legendarys

Hamilton

*Creative Quote Goes Here*
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    uh, Black and White have been out for a couple months now, soooo... Gen 5. it has nothing about it i don't like.... well... except for the English translations, but that i'll have to get used to

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2011
    Mine is definitely the gen 3 games and the gen 2 remakes.

Black and White also looks to become one of my favorites aswell :)

WriteThemWrong

LetMeHearYourPokemon's___ Voice
    Years
  • gen 1 definitely has a permanent place in my heart but the new gen 5 pokemons are very interesting to me

Qusic

Master Spark!
    Years
  • I've never played anything from the fourth, so I can't really say anything about it. But of the ones I've played, I like the third the best. That's probably why I still have my Sapphire game. :D

Years
  • 1st Gen for me, why, well its just classic and what I grew up with. I still like the other gens but 1st just takes the cake for me

Huzzah!

Ballos's Reluctant Servant
    Years
  • Gen II. Best starter (Cyndaquil), and allowing the player to go back to Kanto and fight Red?! Two words come to mind when I think of these games- Pure Bliss.

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
  • I've always been a fan of the third generation. I have such fond memories of playing my Emerald version.

AmitieFan985

Let's Drill!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2011
    I like both the first 3 generations, but I'm gonna have to go with Gen 1. Really memorable, imo. Gen 4 I hated.

nm legend

Years
  • umm im not sure which generation is which but my favorite is the one with Crystal in it and of course the generation with Platinum and Heartgold in it ......so im guesiing its a tie between the second and fourth generations....

Back